The Return ~A Merlin and Arth...

Av AmeliaEmrys

A great King who is to return when Albion is at it's worst and his friend who waited for him over 600 years... Mer

The Return ~A Merlin and Arthur Story~ (Late February 2014)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Sneak-peak from Chapter 6
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Sneak-peak from chapter 8
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Short sneak-peak from chapter 12
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Sneak-peek for chapter 17
Letter to Olivia
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Sneak-peak Chapter 20
Chapter 20
News
Chapter 21

Chapter 14

150 9 1
Av AmeliaEmrys

Time after time, late again here is the update. Enjoy. Let me know what you think. Check out the picture as well. Thanks for all the support. I love you guys! <3 

I really wonder where our lives are going to take us today. In what adventure, with who and why? But I especially wonder, if I’ll have to save Arthur’s big fat royal backside.

Oh who am I kidding? Of course I’ll have to save it. I always save it. Every hour of every bloody day. Good Lord, he can’t even get dressed by himself.

I get out of bed on this beautiful, sunny morning, early morning and I go down to the kitchen to see if Greta has finished the King’s breakfast. Man, that woman is so annoying.  She won’t let me steal anything; she thinks she’s the queen of that chamber. Anyway I go towards there; I get the food and climb the stairs to his room.

On the way I greet my favorite and foolish knight, Gwaine and he says that I better hurry ‘because Arthur has planned a trip to God knows where.

-         Good morning, sire! How are you this morning? I asked serving his breakfast in bed.

-         I am excited Merlin! He said

-          What’s that all about? I asked. Gwaine said something about a trip? I asked again intrigued.

-         Well it’s a sunny and beautiful day and I want to enjoy it. He said

-         Okay. I am going to prepare the horses and something to eat. You should tell me how long we will be gone, because I –

-         Oh, no, Merlin. No. No. You- he said pointing at me. You are not coming with me.

-         What? That can’t happen! I can’t let you go alone! I basically almost screamed

-         Merlin!! What is wrong with you? He asked laughing.

-         I am your man servant sire, I must-

-         Nonsense. Take a day off, help Gaius with herbs or whatever. Or you can go to the tavern.

-         Me? At the tavern? Are you ill, Arthur? You are telling me to go to the tavern? I must go fetch Ga-

-         Merlin. Please. For once do as I say and go, leave me.

-         You-I- you aren’t dressed.

-         I can do it myself, I am a grown man. Now go.

Ok. This can’t be good. Whatever he has planned, it can’t be good. He never lets me have a day off, let alone lets me go to the tavern.

-         What is the trouble? Asked Gaius.

-         Something is wrong with Arthur. I need to follow him.

-         What? Why?

-         He let me have a day off and insisted on me going to the tavern.

-         So what’s wrong with that? He looked surprised

-         Everything. I said walking towards the door.

-         Mer-Merlin. I –

-         Gaius? Gaius? Are you ok? I rushed back to the old man.

-         I don’t feel very good.

-         Let me heal you.

I tried magic but it didn’t work.

-         My boy, there is a plant that can cure me.

-         Which one? I asked nervous.

-         I don’t remember the name; you must find it in one of the books. It’s rare, very rare.

-         Gaius!!!! Seriously?

I can’t believe this. Something is wrong with Gaius too, and I am not talking about the sudden sickness. It is too sudden.

Oh I don’t have time for this. I really don’t. I am using magic to find the plant and I can’t find that damn plant.  Wait.

-         Gaius? I ask the old trickster

-         Yes?

-         What is happening? I asked

-         Nothing. I felt a pain in my chest, you need-

-         Please, don’t lie to me. I need to protect Arthur and you as well, but I can’t do it if I am being lied to.

-         Merlin. I am not lying to you.

-         I am going to go now. I might be in time to catch Arthur.

-         Meeerlin!!

I let him screaming my name and went to find Arthur. I asked around and I learned that he and the knights left not so long ago. They can’t be too far, so I took a horse and with a talent of mine I followed them. They are heading towards the… what? This can’t be good. What is going on?

Oh… I am going to kill that spoiled brat. I go and enter the tavern but there is no one. This isn’t right. The horses are outside. Oh my… they are in trouble. Morgana??

As I began to worry about my friends, I felt a presence in my back and I turned around to see and…

-         Suuuuurpriseeeee. They all yelled with Arthur as their leader.

-         What? I asked startled.

-         I know it’s your birthday, Merlin. Happy birthday. Arthur said patting my back.

They were all wishing me happy birthday and then I saw my mother.

-         Mother? How?

-         King Arthur send for me. Happy birthday, son. I love you.

-         I love you too. Arthur? You did this, for me? I asked my friend

-         Of course, Merlin. You are my friend, my family. I wasn’t planning for you to find out this way, but… you can’t. Ma’am, your son can’t follow an order properly.

-         He is quite stubborn.

-         To Merlin! Said Gwaine raising his glass up.

-         To Merlin! Said all at once.

That was the last thing I can remember before waking with a blunt pain on the back of my head. I looked around and I saw Arthur and some of the knights unconscious. I tried to stand up, but I was so weak.

-         So I see that you are awake. I saw Morgana standing on her two feet and looking down on me.

-         Morgana. What do you want?

-         I want you all dead. And I want Camelot.

-         Of course you do. I said trying to get up.

-         It’s mine to take.

-         Morgana, please. What happened to you? You were so sweet and kind…

-         Uther… he made me this way.

-         You are more alike your father that you ever thought.

The minute I said this I was pushed back by magic and pinned to a wall.

-         I am nothing like that man! She said screaming but I could see tears into her eyes

-         Morgana, please! Stop this nonsense. You are a –

-         Quiet! You will all die soon! She said as she walked away

After she was gone I tried to wake the guys up so we can get the hell away from here. But it was impossible. I tried a delicate spell. Finally Arthur woke.

-         Merlin? Wha-what happened? He could barely speak

-         Morgana got us. If you had told me what- never mind. This isn’t the time for arguing. We need to get away from here.

-         What are you going to do? The knights are knocked out.

-         I have something that she wants.

-         What are you talking about, Merlin? What can you possibly have that a sorcerer likes her needs.

-         Morgana needs to find a man that she fears the most.

-         My sister fears someone? Who? Why didn’t you speak earlier? Are you bluffing?

-         Arthur! Stop talking!

-         You can’t tell me what to do. I am your King.

-         Yeah, you are but shut up and listen to me. This could be the last time that we see each other- No, let me finish. Arthur, my great King. If this is the last time we see each other, or speak to one another, I, you need to promise me that you are going to be exactly the same. I was choking with my words.

-         Merlin…

-         You need to go on being the greatest King that this lands have ever seen, and keep on have a great, golden heart and most importantly, never forget your humble servant.

-         Me-

-         Do you promise, old friend?

-         I promise, dear friend. But this won’t be the last time we see each other.

-         Good-bye. I said with tears in my eyes as I yelled after Morgana. “I know who Emrys is!”

Soon enough she was there in the cell and took me to some other place and on my way there, I, carefully summoned my friend the Dragon.

-         Speak now, Merlin.

-         Ha. Did you really think that I will speak that easy? You should see yourself. The mighty High-Priestess Morgana Pendragon is afraid.

-         Who is he? She began to raise her voice.

-         Let Arthur and the Knights go! I ordered her

-         Do you think I am stupid, servant boy?

-         Emrys is…

-         WHO?

As she said her question, the warning bells began to ring. That means that Kilgarrah got here and let them out somehow.

-         You are coming with me, she said grabbing my arm.

-         You’ll never find Emrys. I said mockingly

-         I will get that information from you even if it’s the last thing I’ll do.

-         You will never find him. I said again and this time she blew me away with her magic and then she tried to stab me but she screamed instead.

-         Let him be!

-         Arthur? I asked

-         Come on, Merlin. Let’s go home.

-         Why didn’t you go home? I told you to do so.

-         Since when the King takes orders from servants?

-         Thank you for being such a hardhead.

-         You are welcome. And who are you to speak of me, huh, Merlin?  You never listen to what I have to say. He said pushing me.

-         I believe that you were throwing me a party?

-         You were about to die and now you want to go to the tavern? Unbelievable.

-         We’ve been through enough today. We deserve it.

-         Merlin! What happened between you and Morgana, what you did-

-         I-

-         Now, let me speak. What you did for me and my knights, my Kingdom, our Kingdom. It was incredible brave. He said hugging me. Wow, this is a first. And incredible stupid.

I laughed but he was serious

-         Merlin, I mean it. It was stupid and if you ever do something like this again, I will kill you myself.

-         Arthur, I will do anything for you and Camelot, for you, my King. I will gladly die if that means that you get to live and be- I will do it again without even blinking.

-         I never told you that you are bravest than any knights. I am happy to have you as a friend.

By this time we got back to the tavern and Gwaine greeted us with mead.

That’s more like it. We both said and we went on with the fun.

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

332 4 23
Merlin has been waiting centuries for Arthur to return, and now he has, just a little more different than before. Merlin must guide him to return to...
33.6K 1.2K 40
Merlin waited for almost a thousand years for Arthur. One day, he sees two old faces from the past. But when will Arthur return? Completely compliant...
60.7K 1.6K 12
The two kingdoms of Ealdor and Camelot have been at war for years. The two kings, King Balinor and King Uther, finally decide to make an alliance, on...
212K 5.4K 16
"Your destiny is not defined by how much power you have. You and Merlin have different paths. Merlin's is to protect Arthur's body and make sure he l...