The Song

Av JessRego_JLS

Jessica Rego never expected to wake up in the hospital and not remember the last few years. Teaching piano le... Mer

Part One
Part Two
Part Three
Part Four
Part Five
Part Six
Part Seven
Part Eight
Part Nine
Part Ten
Part Eleven
Part Twelve
Part Thirteen
Part Fourteen
Part Fifteen
Part Sixteen
Part Seventeen
Part Nineteen
Part Twenty
Part Twenty-One
Part Twenty-Two
Part Twenty-Three
Part Twenty-Four
Part Twenty-Five
Part Twenty-Six
Part Twenty-Seven
Part Twenty-Eight
Part Twenty-Nine
Part Thirty
Part Thirty-One
Part Thirty-Two
Part Thirty-Three
Part Thirty-Four
Part Thirty-Five
Part Thirty-Six
Part Thirty-Seven
Part Thirty-Eight
Part Thirty-Nine
Part Forty
Part Forty-One
Part Forty-Two
Part Forty-Three
Part Forty-Four
Part Forty-Five
Part Forty-Six
Part Forty-Seven
Part Forty-Eight
Part Forty-Nine
Part Fifty
Part Fifty-One
Part Fifty-Two
Part Fifty-Three
Part Fifty-Four
Part Fifty-Five
Part Fifty-Six
Part Fifty-Seven
Part Fifty-Eight
Part Fifty-Nine
Part Sixty
Part Sixty-One
Part Sixty-Two
Part Sixty-Three
Part Sixty-Four
Part Sixty-Five
Part Sixty-Six
Part Sixty-Seven
Part Sixty-Eight
Part Sixty-Nine
Part Seventy
Part Seventy-One
Part Seventy-Two
Part Seventy-Three
Part Seventy-Four
Part Seventy-Five
Part Seventy-Six
Part Seventy-Seven
Part Seventy-Eight
Part Seventy-Nine
Part Eighty
Epilogue

Part Eighteen

5.5K 147 8
Av JessRego_JLS

FLASHBACK CONT…

Three months had passed and Aston and I were still going strong. After the initial hiccup in our relationship we’d taken a step back, doing our best to stay out of public view until I grew more comfortable with the scrutiny from the press and the boys’ fans.

“I’ve never been so nervous for a recital before,” I told my school friend Camila.

“You’re never nervous.”

“I know…” I sighed, wringing my hands in my lap.

We were sat backstage at the old theatre in our school, our annual end of year recital upon us. It was my last year at the school and I was both sad and excited for a final performance. Not only were my father and stepmom in the audience, but Aston too.

“Why are you so nervous?” Camila asked me.

“My boyfriend is here.”

“You mean the popstar?”

“Yeah,” I replied, “I’ve played for him before, but never a proper show like this.”

“You’ll be fine.”

“Also he’s never met my Dad and my stepmom before…”

“Jess, you’ve got this.”

I gave her a weak smile as she was called up to get ready to go on. Inside I was freaking out. I don’t know why but I was feeling particularly pressured to impress. It was after all just another school recital!

“Jessica Rego, you’re next,” someone called out about ten minutes later as Camila was just wrapping up her violin solo.

“Shit,” I muttered, standing up and smoothing out the dress I was wearing. It was a pretty formal event so I was in a full on gown, a navy blue silky number I’d found online. It was somewhat low cut in the front with a v-neck, and the bottom came up to mid-shin in the front, the back going all the way to my ankles. The dress was plumped out with some tulle, and I felt sort of like a Disney princess wearing it. Especially with my hair swept back in a fancy updo and teardrop earrings that shimmered under the stage lights.

“Your sheet music?” someone asked me as I stood in the wings of the stage.

“I don’t have any,” I smiled, watching them push the grand piano into the middle of the stage, Camila coming back off stage having just finished her performance.

“Good luck,” she grinned, winking at me as they announced my name and I was pushed out on stage.

I sat down at the piano and carefully fixed my dress so I could comfortably press the pedals of the piano. A quick glance to the audience had my heart in my stomach, the nerves becoming stronger as I sweat under the bright stage lights.

“You got this Rego,” I whispered, touching my fingers to the ivory keys.

The second I did I felt at home, the song flowing out of me as I got lost in the music. It was something I’d written in one of my classes, an upbeat tune about falling in love.

I guess it was kind of based on a true story.

When I was finished I stood up and gave a small curtsey, the crowd standing before me clapping wildly. I let out a deep breath and found my father and Caroline, and then my eyes caught Aston’s in the back of the crowd. After another quick curtsey I went off stage, giving Camila a hug as I sat back down.

One more performance and the recital was over, the head of the music school going out to wrap up the show.

“We’d like to hand out a few awards,” she announced, “Starting with most promising first year…”

I grinned over at Camila. She was a year younger than me and we’d both won that award as a first year. It was an exclusive little club we’d created.

“And finally, a special award for Excellence in Composition,” the head teacher announced, “The recipient of this award has always been curious about music and making new sounds. Tonight she performed an original piece, the only student to do so… I’d like to congratulate Miss Jessica Rego, and give her the Excellence in Composition award.”

I turned to look at Camila, shocked to be receiving this award. I’d never heard of anyone getting anything like this, and as I stumbled out on the stage, I’m sure my surprise showed on my face.

“Thank you,” I said, giving the head teacher a hug as she passed me a plaque.

“You’re incredible, we’re very proud of you,” she said.

In a daze I wandered back off the stage and out to the main hall for the post-recital reception.

“Jessica!!” Caroline called to me, waving me over frantically. I wandered over to her with my plaque, giving her and then my father a hug, “We’re so proud of you.”

“Thanks!” I grinned, passing her my plaque so she could have a look.

“Seems like you’ve got someone looking for you,” my Dad said, nodding into the crowd. I turned to see Aston stood there sheepishly with a bouquet of roses.

“Let me grab him,” I said, leaving my family and pushing into the crowd.

“Hey you.”

“Hi,” I grinned.

“You were… amazing… perfect… a revelation.”

“Thanks!”

Without another word Aston leaned in and pressed a hot kiss against my lips, leaving me dizzy as I stood there.

“Wow,” I blurted out.

“I love you Jess.”

My heart stopped as he said this. He’d never said those words to me before and I was starting to feel hot and flustered.

“You’re so beautiful and confident, and when you play the piano you mesmerize me. Like I’m in the stars. I love you.”

“I love you too,” I replied with a broad smile, grabbing the lapels of his jacket and kissing him again.

“These are for you,” he laughed as I pulled back and wiped some lipstick off his lips. I took the roses he was holding out for me and grinned, grabbing his hand.

“My family wants to meet you."

“Oh yeah.”

“They’ve been watching."

“Bit awkward,” Aston said, squeezing my hand.

I led Aston over to my Dad and Caroline, introducing them and then going off as a group for a glass of champagne. It was a relief for them to finally meet Aston, and I couldn’t be more pleased that they all got on.

--

Forty-five minutes later and it was just Aston and I, stood in a quiet corner of the room away from the glances of people who clearly recognized Aston.

“Now it’s just us… And the night is still young. What do you fancy doing?” Aston asked.

“Well…” I started, playing with the lapel of his jacket again, “I want to go back to your place.”

“My place?”

“Mmmm…”

“What are we doing at my place?” he asked.

“I don’t know…” I giggled, leaning up and snatching a kiss from his lips.

“You don’t know?” Aston coughed, smirking at me.

“I’m sure we’ll figure something out,” I winked, grabbing his hand and dragging him straight out the building.

It took less than twenty minutes from arriving at Aston’s house to be wrapped up in the sheets, making love for the first time.

It was like nothing I’d ever experienced before. I didn’t want to rush it. I wanted to savor every second of it, to remember every little detail, and to feel all the love that was rushing between us.

“I’m so in love with you,” Aston sighed as he pulled me into his arms later that night, our bodies exhausted yet satiated.

“I love you too.”

“For real Jess… you’re the one.”

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

13.1K 631 11
Beyoncé wakes up in a hospital bed after a car accident. She finds out that she lost her memory from the last 4 years of her life. It seems like a lo...
11.3K 390 26
Chris and Katie have been dating in secret when the unthinkable happens, Chris has a car accident and loses his memory. Can Katie get back the one th...
1.4K 83 44
Angry of his Parent's opinion and choices. Eric drive away wanting to prove a point to his parent's, that his one year relationship with Chelsea isn'...
93 1 12
Dawn Reynolds were pregnant when she got into a car accident that cause her losing her memory. She doesn't remember her husband and their baby. Noah...