The Hesperides' Adoration (Pe...

By TheAuroraLights

Artemis?! Zoe?! Perseus Jackson, what is going on with your life right now? This spells trouble for everyone... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Four

43.7K 777 869
By TheAuroraLights

Let's see if this small addition sates your thirst for more chapters for now, my lovely readers.

Chapter Four: Who Is So Blind?

Point of view: Perseus Jackson

"Wait a minute...there are five of you." Artemis starts and then gasps. "Zoë!" She screams in joy and runs down to embrace her former lieutenant.

"Milady. It is nice to see you again." Zoë cries silently with Artemis.

"How are you even alive? When? Where?" Artemis asks as she pulls back and Zoë and her hold each other's arms.

"Perseus returned Anaklusmos to me and I fell from the stars. He caught me and saved me. He fought Ladon for his final battle. Ladon was seriously injured and we nearly lost him, but Percy got his final wish. To depart from this world. He is gone milady...I am sorry." Zoë tells her.

"No. I saw him just a few hours ago." Artemis shakes her head.

"Lady Artemis? Perseus came to us and when we were talking, his strength waned greatly, but he still had a vast amount left. He brought our sister back to us and then died a valiant and honorable death. Ladon has grown to respect the late hero and in return helped him pass from this world just like he wanted. Percy Jackson is no more." Arethusa speaks quietly.

"I think he wanted it that way." Hesperia sighs.

"It was for the best." Aegle agrees.

"He could not live a moment longer with the betrayal hanging over his head." Erytheia admits sadly.

"We granted his wish and let him in to see Ladon." Arethusa sighs heavily.

"His body?" Poseidon asks in a hoarse voice.

"We are sorry my lord, but..." Erytheia starts.

"Ladon's poisons disintegrated his body. There is nothing left of the hero to return to you." Aegle says regretfully.

"He just had one wish and it was obliged." Hesperia tells him.

"But, he said he's still loyal to Olympus to the end and that you needn't worry. He was happy to go. He was funny when he started using foul language against Chiron. He smiled as he died Lord Poseidon. You should be happy his suffering is over. Maybe in another life you'll get to see him. Maybe the Fates will call upon him again to save the world. Whatever the case, Percy Jackson is still fighting for you. Just do us all a favor, don't have any more kids. Percy would slap you for having more. They would have a terrible life and Percy knew that the best out of all of us." Zoë says serenely.

Her words seem to soothe Poseidon and he grows younger. Poseidon nods and smiles kindly at Zoë. "You are right. He told me what I already knew he would be feeling. But for him it was much worse than it would be for me. I am glad he isn't in pain anymore. He deserves peace after all he has been through. Thank you for your advice. It is lovely to have you back, dear Miss Nightshade."

"It's lovely to be back my lord." Zoë smiles warmly at him.

"Will you return to the Hunt?" Artemis asks Zoë hopefully.

Zoë shakes her head. "No milady. Though I loved my time with the Hunt, it is no longer my place. It is time I return to being a Hesperide. Thank you for the wonderful offer, but I cannot accept."

"It's alright. I understand. May I visit you?" Artemis shakes it off easily.

"Of course. I don't see why not." Arethusa tells her and Artemis nods and smiles, then returns to her throne.

"So, what is your name child?" Zeus asks.

"Katharós, my lord." I answer in a deep voice that is not mine. Oh boy, guess that changed as well. The Hesperides giggle and I just chuckle to myself quietly at their reaction.

"Why would you be named pure?" Athena asks.

"He is the only pure soul we could find to defend that which we hold dear. Perfect in every way to fit our security needs, as well as everything else." Aegle replies smoothly.

"You named him?" Aphrodite asks curiously.

"We did." Arethusa nods.

"What was your name before?" Apollo asks.

"I had no name before I started this life. My path led me to the Hesperides and Ladon. The Hesperides named me and showed me my new path. I will follow it all the way to the end." I answer.

"I sense no weapons on you. Why is that?" Ares looks at me weirdly.

"I just don't have one with me at present moment. It feels strange not having one, but it's better this way. That way it's a bit easier to present my case to you." I answer.

"So, we know nothing of your past and the Hesperides wish to make you powerful." Zeus muses dangerously.

"I mean no harm to any of you. I bear no prejudice, hatred, or anger toward Olympus. I will not attack you or the city in the sky without being ordered to. If I take an oath to Olympus, I cannot attack even then. My past is a difficult one to explain and I'd rather not go into the details of such a long and boring tale of my pain filled life. It is over and I am here now for my new purpose." I tell him and this seems to soften him.

"Very well then. Take your oaths." Zeus booms.

"I, Katharós, swear on the River Styx to forever remain unswervingly loyal to Olympus and will fight for it whenever it calls. I also swear upon the River Styx to protect the Hesperides, their garden, Ladon, Hera's tree, and Mt. Tamalpais at the extent of my own life if necessary. I will watch over the Titan Atlas and the Titan palace, Mt. Othrys. Nothing may release me from this oath, not even death." I declare and they all stare at me.

I glow a more violent shade of violet, sea green, ocean blue, royal blue, venomous green, silver, and a few other colors. I feel power rush through my limbs and course through my veins.

A hand touches my back. "Thank you for accepting." Arethusa says and I stand up.

"Yes." I answer and nod.

"Boy." Zeus calls.

I turn to him and bow. "Yes Lord Zeus?" I ask.

"Remember your oaths." Zeus warns.

"Always, my lord." I reply and he nods.

"We must return." Erytheia sighs.

I nod and hold out one hand this time. They all put a hand on it and I look around the throne room. "May you all see the truth in time." I whisper and teleport us back to the garden, leaving the gods looking confused.

The Hesperides bring me to their house. They lead me inside and into a rustic orange room. "This will be your room. Do with it what you like." Arethusa says.

"Thank you." I nod and wait.

They all look at each other. They all hold out a hand and something forms between them, landing in Zoë's hands.

A sword.

A sword that looks like pure white, clear, see-through crystal. It glitters in the light and on its own as well.

Zoë hands it to me. It glows with a soft white light in my hands. "It's made out of Crystalline Sunset Rays. It's more deadly than Celestial Bronze and Imperial Gold. It even effects gods, Titans, and other deities and monsters." Aegle tells me.

I nod and take it gratefully. A white sheathe appears at my side and I slip the sword in it. "That sheathe is made out of Hesperidian Silk. Impenetrable and softer than cub fur." Erytheia tells me and I nod.

"Name it." Arethusa commands.

"Orízontas." I reply without thinking.

"A beautiful name." Zoë commends.

"A beautiful sword. Thank you. But why does it glow?" I smile.

"Because you are pure. The metal glows in the hands of those who are truly pure and deserving to receive such a gift. Orízontas will serve you well. You may train if you wish. There are some places to do that." Hesperia tells me.

"I will." I nod.

"You seem more...dutiful." Zoë points at me.

"Do I? I suppose I do." I allow and nod after thinking about it.

They all chuckle. "You haven't talked unless spoken to since we entered the throne room." Erytheia points out.

I smile warmly at her. "That is true. But I prefer it this way anyways. I can talk to you if you wish."

She giggles. "I like it when you talk. You're voice is pretty."

"Oh, about that. Why has it changed?" I tilt my head at Arethusa.

"Your immortality has advanced you to what you would be full grown, but you still have your eighteen year old countenance of sorts." Zoë says smiling.

I think about it. "I kind of feel taller. But also heavier. Can my body change in any way now that I'm immortal?"

"Just growing in muscle. That's about it. You can't get scars either. Your wounds heal faster. You might have a bigger appetite, but other than that..." Arethusa trails off.

"Great. I don't want to eat at all though." I mutter the last part.

Zoë slaps me. "You must eat." She steams.

"I will. Do not worry. I can take care of myself. I-what the Hades is that?!" I whirl around to face the direction of the entrance to the garden.

"Someone has entered the garden." Zoë breathes.

"You can feel it?" Aegle asks me.

I nod. "I will deal with it. I feel like...why would he be here of all places?" I shake my head and teleport to Ladon. I stand next to the dragon and pet his side while I wait for the intruder.

"Hello?" A male voice yells.

I flip my hood up, feels natural for some reason. "Lord Apollo." I acknowledge without looking. I keep petting Ladon's side.

"You. Katharós. Ladon approves of you?" Apollo says from the entrance.

"Of course. I am his Guardian. He approved of me beforehand as well. Something about being a rare being. Pure and kind. Innocent I suppose. Though, I believe I am far from. How may I help you my lord? Surely the gods do not require my assistance in a war so soon after departing from their walls." I smile as I tend to Ladon, finding I can use my powers to groom him and keep him in better upkeep since I can get close. Ladon rumbles gently as I pamper him.

"He likes you more than approves of you." Apollo notices.

I chuckle. "You think so? I have been told my touch is calming, bringing serenity to those I come into contact with. I was tainted not so long ago. I was...dying. I knew it too, not the best situation to be in. Almost like someone was dying with me. It was disheartening to my very core. I lost my faith in my ability to help others. Now I am quaint and at peace here with my duties."

"And how fair your duties?" Apollo inquires.

"Atlas remains pinned under the sky. My presence seems to keep Mt. Othrys from rising, though it won't be able to until Kronos reforms and I am connected to the place where his throne sits, he will most likely never reform. I will inform you if otherwise. Do not fret. The Hesperides reside in their home. I can view them from afar, they are lying down and heading to the recesses of their minds to rest. Ladon is perfectly fine and the tree remains untouched." I tell him.

"And you? What of you? I sense you have not eaten in a very long time, you are dehydrated, and you are still recuperating from...a serious illness." Apollo presses.

"Yes, I am well aware of my condition. Thank you for your concern, but it is not needed. I will tend to myself once Ladon is taken care of and you have been satisfied and leave the garden. Is there anything else you require?" I ask.

"Yes, you said that you felt like you weren't dying alone. Perseus Jackson was dying of the same illness that you are currently recovering from. Do you know what I think?" Apollo asks.

I stop feeding Ladon for a split second, then continue. "And what is it that runs through your head when you think of that reference?" I smile gently. Ladon eats contentedly out of my hands.

"I think you are Perseus Jackson." Apollo puts a hand on my shoulder and I let it lie there as I attend to my duties.

"You refer to the dead boy, yes? No, I am not Perseus Jackson. Sorry if I do not qualify." I tell him and he squeezes my shoulder and turns me around.

"Yes you are. I can see it in your soul. No other being has had this presence. Ever." Apollo tells me.

I smile at him. "You must think me ignorant when I tell you that I am not that boy. That boy is dead. Gone. Do you understand?"

He nods. "You are all that remains from him."

"Precisely. I am Katharós. Perseus Jackson is at peace now. What you see is the remnant of his life. The soul, the heart, and the loyalty stayed behind so that I may live and serve. I am perfectly content in being here. Though I may leave, I might never. I prefer it here with my mistresses and master. My purpose is here now. I lost all before I came to be." I tell him and start to tend to the garden.

"I knew you had a voice, but I didn't know you were that good." Apollo grins at me as he follows me around.

"Thank you my lord." I reply.

"Why have you become so respectful?" Apollo inquires.

"I have always been respectful, but it took a long time to earn it. I suppose you could say that if it's only three things left from my original form, I am not as stubborn. At least, not in this aspect. The ladies have already addressed this. I am fine with receiving orders and carrying them out. Do you have an order or a request that needs my attention?" I say.

"No. Are you happy?" Apollo asks seriously.

I look up at him and rise, dusting my hands off. "Happiness. It's a futile feeling. I have not felt it in quite some time. Yes, I am happy here. Amongst those who won't harm me nor cast me out. The feeling of happiness is mutual with the others. Ladon slumbers happily along with the ladies. I am happy working and tending to them."

"No, you are content, but are you happy?" Apollo says, shaking his head.

I sigh. "Yes, Lord Apollo, I am happy. I no longer have the shadows of my past weighing me down. I have purpose. I have family. I have friends. I am starting anew and I am happy that I am honored with this opportunity. I am happy to serve, to live, to be with those I hold dear. I am happy that I can finally get away from the deaths that so rattled me before. Is this answer enough? I am happy here, in this sanctuary. I will keep people away from the tree, no hero will again gain an apple unless they go through me and Ladon. I will be the primary defense. I will not fail in my new purpose."

"And you are truly happy?" Apollo asks unsure.

"The way I look at it, I am as happy as I can get. Isn't that enough? Must I strive for more? Isn't that what corrupts? Greed? Wanting more? No, I am happy now. I do not need more." I tell him and smile as I walk through the garden and tend to it, he follows.

"The soul, the heart, and the loyalty. Your loyalty is consumed by your purpose. What are your heart and soul tied to?" Apollo continues the conversation.

"My soul is pure, it is tied to being uncorrupted and stopping corruption. That is keeping the evil of the world at bay. My purpose is tied to defending the garden. My purity is serving Olympus and keeping at bay the evils that would harm it. My heart needs compassion. Though I love my life and those I serve, I am not in love with them. My heart will eventually fade away. It is probably horrible in your mind, knowing that this will come to pass. But I have no need of something that can easily be broken. My soul and loyalty are strong. So was my heart, but there is nothing left I love. I love Zoë nightshade as a friend, not as the love of my life. I love all of them and my compassion will stay for them and Ladon, but my heart will not keep without my other half. Sad to say, but there it is. I am not concerned nor should I be. It is not my job to find love. My job is to be here to protect and serve. That is all and I am capable of bearing that weight. It burdens me not." I answer.

"But someone like you needs love." Apollo argues.

"Love is futile. It fails in the end. Look at the goddess of love. She is technically bipolar. Happy one minute for all the love in the world that swells in her heart and depressed the next for all the broken hearts and sadness flowing through her as all the love in the world is lost. Love is not fair, love is not balanced. I do not need it, for it weakens the mind, yet strengthens it. There is no middle for anyone. I am no exception." I reply.

"You are the exception to every rule the Fates have set in place! You are loyal to a fault and beyond compare. More powerful yet without greed. Your purity is envied by all those who hate purity. They want what you have, or had. You are immortal and yet, you are not bound by Ancient laws, but you follow them anyway. In aspect, you are the best being that has come into existence!" Apollo exclaims.

"My lord, I have been told that I am a rare being. Whether it is truth or not I am unsure. Do not concern yourself with the love I no longer bear. I will be fine enough without it." I tell him.

"No, no, no. I am getting Artemis or Aphrodite or someone! As an immortal you have an eye for potential soul mates. Maybe I can bring the right girl here." Apollo says.

My hands stall from the plant they are watering and the water stops pouring out of the pitcher I picked up to water the plants. "Lord Apollo, I have no wish to be tied to a person like that anymore. I have learned my lesson and I do not need to learn it again. There is no other half for me and I am content with that fact."

"No, I know you need one. Without one you will fade." Apollo starts pacing.

I laugh without humor and he turns slowly to face me, a stricken look upon his face. "Fade? Because I have no use for a girl who will only leave me in the end? No. I will not fade. My heart will. The heart can corrupt just as easily as the mind. I don't need one. Let it fade."

"You're bitter. How are you pure yet bitter?" Apollo comes forward.

I turn with my eyes burning white and a feral look on my face and I tower over him. "My heart was broken and I kept moving forward. Love is a ridiculous notion. It is what gets people killed. I won't die and leave them defenseless because I ride off into the sunset like a lovesick little boy. I advise you watch your tongue, my lord."

Apollo backs up in fear. "Percy, trust me. I know you need love in your life and your heart because you are an overly compassionate person. It's what makes you you."

"Compassion got my friends killed! Compassion made me lose everything that I loved! Compassion drove me here to die! Compassion is a dead notion. I will not take it back." I shout at him as I advance on him.

"Please Percy, you know you miss the feeling of loving, of being loved. Percy, compassion is who and what you are. It's what keeps you pure." Apollo begs me.

"That's not my name anymore sun god! Leave. Leave!" I yell the last word with so much feeling, he stands there stunned.

I turn my back on him and wave my hand out to the side. "Please, just...leave me be. Leave." I choke.

I feel his presence leave and I drop to my knees. I sob freely and know that Apollo is right. But I can't bring myself to love a girl like that again. I cry over my hands openly and hunch over on myself.

So, how is it? Rick Riordan owns PJO/HOO. See ya soon my lovely readers.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

287K 3.9K 32
[COMPLETED] 『M.M.D』 Stands For Mortals Meet Demigods. • Why don't you start reading it? Open the book! Whaat- No I'm not kidnapping you, Gods, your m...
49K 394 9
What if Nico had never gotten over Percy? What if he still loved him? What if he was desperate? Well, he is all of the above. With the help of Aphrod...
444K 9.1K 48
✅ completed 👌 The full moon slave with the unbreakable curse, Shall returns and the family will divert. Vengeance and hatred he shall seek to pay, O...
116K 2.6K 37
Perseus Jackson had won. Won against thirteen Gods in a fight to the death in the Olympian throne room. He spilled the ichor of many, many immortals...