The Forgotten Prophecy

By AlexandraLing2000

In a world where humans and elves had always lived in harmony, a prophecy was made that an evil power would a... More

๐˜š๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ง๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข๐˜ถ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ
๐๐€๐‘๐“ ๐Ž๐๐„
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
๐˜”๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ด / ๐˜ˆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ด
๐๐€๐‘๐“ ๐“๐–๐Ž
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ช๐˜ณ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ข ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
๐˜”๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ด / ๐˜ˆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ด
๐๐€๐‘๐“ ๐“๐‡๐‘๐„๐„
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
๐˜ˆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ถ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฌ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ
Q & ฮ›
Q & ฮ›
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
๐˜๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ
๐๐€๐‘๐“ ๐…๐Ž๐”๐‘
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
๐˜ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ฑ
๐๐€๐‘๐“ ๐…๐ˆ๐•๐„
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
๐˜ˆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฌ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ
๐๐€๐‘๐“ ๐’๐ˆ๐—
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Epilogue
๐˜๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ด ๐˜ท๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ 1
๐˜๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ด ๐˜ท๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ 2
๐˜ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ฑ...๐˜ข๐˜จ๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ฏ
๐˜ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ฑ...๐˜บ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด, ๐˜ข๐˜จ๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ฏ
๐˜ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ฑ...๐˜ ๐˜ด๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ

Chapter 28

504 73 249
By AlexandraLing2000

Matthew woke up in the infirmary. His head was killing him, every bone in his body was aching with the slightest move he made. He got out of his bed and looked around in bewilderment. Where the hell am I?, he asked himself. He didn't know that room. It looked like an infirmary, a nice one. There were flowers, clean sheets, but he had never seen such a place, and he had surely toured all of them in the city.

He stood up, and suddenly his mind exploded with a buzz of memories. He cradled his head, groaning in pain, as everything came back to him. He had acted so weird, he felt like he had lost control of his own self. He felt so guilty. Peter had taken that leap of trust, she had put her faith in him and let him in, and things were going so well.

The longer they were together, the more she saw her blossom before him. Her laugh filled a void inside him he didn't even know it existed. Her face was always the map of her feelings, and he had gradually started to decipher its code. She never ceased to amaze him, she wasn't only a fearless warrior, but a smart and fiery woman with a gentle heart too.

'Oh, shit. I messed up,' he moaned angrily.

He walked outside, and his eyes widened in shock. He was definitely still dreaming. Matthew slapped his face in a desperate attempt to wake himself up, but the elves were still there looking at him like he was crazy. He was about to totally freak out, when the old elf saw him from the distance, and marched towards him with purposeful strides. 'Have you gone mad?' He scolded him loudly. 'You are in no condition to be out and about!'

Matthew raised a hand dismissively; there were more important things to discuss. 'I'm fine. Where is Peter? What happened?'

'One at a time young man. We have plenty of time to discuss. Come,' the old elf signaled him to follow. 

They headed probably towards the biggest tree in the city. Its trunk was every brown, from deep chestnut to rich mahogany, and it was so thick it could uphold a wide circular wooden deck around it with stairs that led up the structure. It must have lived for hundreds of years. Matthew paused for a second to admire the impressive sight before him; he hadn't witnessed anything like that back in the city. His dazed staring was interrupted, though, by a very familiar elf.

'Rise and shine, pretty boy,' he saw Landos smirking at him.

'You are lucky I am not in the mood.'

'Wow. The sleeping beauty sure is grumpy.'

'Be careful of what you say next.'

They stood inches apart and glared at each other, ready to attack.

'Or what?' Landos raised a brow.

Matthew was fuming. He was seriously considering punching his pretty nose, but the old elf came to stand between them, just in time before he could do so. 'Cut it out, boys. You are making a scene.'

Matthew looked around. People had stopped walking and were staring at them with parted lips. The old elf turned around and headed towards the tree. Matthew gave Landos a warning glare and then followed him. With long strides they ascended the stairs, reaching the almost empty platform. Matthew was mesmerised by the view; he could see the whole valley, the city, the glinting mountain peaks.

'How did I get here?' he asked the two men.

'I carried you in my arms,' Landos joked. 'You should consider losing some weight.'

'Very funny.' Matthew knew he had better ignore his wisecracks, or else they would end up murdering one another.

'You were unconscious for the last three days, so we carried you here. What is the last thing you remember?'

He pondered it for a few seconds. He clearly recalled the day of their visit to the prison, their escape, but after that his memories were a blurry mess, like his mind wasn't functioning properly. Flashing images played back; Peter's scream, his weapon piercing her skin. It was all a chaos.

'Me attacking Peter. I don't even know why I acted like that.'

'You were spellbound,' the old man explained. 'Your weapon was the reason you behaved in that manner.'

'So, all those weapons we uncovered...they...'

'They creep over the wielder until they are not who they used to be anymore. You are lucky. We healed you just in time.'

Recognition dawned on Matthew's face. All that time those thieves had been trafficking weapons dangerous for the people without knowing it, and the army had no idea. Someone had kept them in the dark in order to execute their plan in secret. A feeling of anger flourished inside him. 'And although you are aware of the danger of these weapons, you do nothing!' he accused the elves.

'It is impossible,' the old man protested. 'Imagine us, the elves, interfering into humans' business. We would be persecuted!'

'And what is possible?'

'Finding the source of evil. And eliminating it,' Landos offered.

Matthew sighed. That was the best option, indeed. The king was not so famous for his tolerant policy regarding the elves, and if they reached out to him, he most probably wouldn't believe them. Their making it known would cause more complications to the problem, and it was already too complicated. 'Okay,' he said after a moment's contemplation. 'I guess that is the best option. Where is Peter, by the way?'

'I have not seen Peter since yesterday.'

'Me neither,' added the old elf.

Matthew noticed his uneasy stance and narrowed his eyes. 'Am I missing something?'

The old man cleared his throat, his fingers playing with his medallion. 'I am not sure if I am the one you should hear it from, but I will tell you anyway. You must know if you wish to stay by his side.'

Matthew got a bad feeling about this. What if they know the truth?, he panicked. They could use it against her, he hadn't determined their motives yet. He looked at them with a blank expression, making sure he wouldn't reveal anything. 'What is it?'

'Peter is different. From all of us,' the old elf spoke.

'In what way?'

'He is not human. Nor elf. He is something in between. We have yet to clarify his powers. He might have none, but I cannot be certain.'

That definitely didn't go as he had predicted. He ran a hand through his hair in confusion. There was no way that was true. He had known her since they were kids and he couldn't be so clueless. Besides, humans and elves lived apart, the wall separating the two realms. 'What are you talking about?' he said loudly. 'I must be going crazy.'

The old elf came closer and put a hand on his shoulder. 'Peter's mother was an elf, and his father a human. They were killed by thieves.'

The news hit him like a ton of bricks. He tried to make sense out of all that, but it was just too much to handle. Is that why she doesn't talk about her past?, he wondered. It would excuse her constant efforts to stay away from the others.

'He wasn't aware of his history if this is what you are thinking about,' Landos said, as if he read his mind.

Matthew glanced at him with wide eyes. He couldn't imagine how painful it was for her to discover the truth, how all those years hope must have been the only thing that kept her moving forward, only to find out that she was living a lie. His heart ached for her, she he'd been through so much, and her misfortune seemed to have no end. 'Oh, God,' he whispered sadly. 'What are we going to—how did he take it?'

'Better than I expected,' the old elf answered.

Matthew was skeptical, his hands massaging his temples. He was tired of thinking, tired of worrying without knowing where she was. 'I need to find him and talk to him.'

'Oh, about that. I am afraid that he has gone,' Landos gave him a guilty smile.

'Gone? Where?'

'Last time Inerma checked he was nearing the south village.'

'What are we waiting for? Let's go find him!' he said with a rigid expression and moved towards the closest stairs, but Landos stood in his way.

'You are kidding, right? I didn't spend two whole days taking care of you just to let you get killed out there!' he said through clenched teeth.

Matthew took a deep breath. He didn't have time for his motherly attitude. 'Look, you can either step aside, or step aside.'

'How about no?'

'Landos, move. Right now.'

'We are coming with you.'

'I don't think that would work out well,' the old elf stopped them. 'Matthew should go on his own. They need to clear some things up. Am I right?' He looked at him pointedly, his gaze full of meaning. He was right. He needed to have some time alone with her and sort out his tangled thoughts.

'Yeah. I'll go.'

'By yourself?' Landos spoke again. 'It is dangerous out there. Will you manage?'

'I will,' Matthew patted his shoulder.

The old elf looked at him satisfied. 'Then, visit the weaponry and the infirmary. You will need resources.'

He didn't need to say it twice. Matthew hastily descended the tree stairs with the old man and returned to the city. First, they went to the storehouse to get him a new weapon. He had to admit he wasn't expecting such an amazing collection. He marveled at the endless shelves of swords, bows, daggers, until the old elf came to stand beside him. In his hand he was holding the sword that had been his doom. Matthew looked at him in question.

'We have removed the spell. It was extremely difficult, but not impossible,' he reassured him with a smile.

'Is it really safe?' He tentatively took the sword; he didn't want to make the same mistake twice.

'Don't worry, it is.'

Matthew put it in his sheath and wore a light armour the elf brought him. It was different from the one he wore back home, lighter, and more comfortable. He exited the building, and headed back to the infirmary, where he could take some fun potions. Landos was already waiting for him by the door of the imposing structure.

'You? Again?' Matthew said irritably.

'I am a potion master. Where else would I be?' Landos chuckled.

'In any other part of the city?'

'Look. I know we started off pretty roughly, but I respect Peter. And because he trusts you, I will trust you too,' he told him honestly.

Matthew nodded in agreement. He was willing to make a few exceptions if it meant they could turn over a new leaf and maybe not try to rip each other's throat every time they met. It demanded too much energy to argue with him.

'Now, take these,' he gave him a leather bag full of vials. 'They do not need a spell to work. That is why I give them to you. Use them in case you are in danger. The red one creates fire, the white one creates fog, and the black one spreads poisonous gas. Do not breath it in.'

'Okay. I've got it.' He turned to leave, but Landos looked at him like he was waiting for something. Matthew thought for a second and rolled his eyes. 'Thanks,' he said dragging every letter. 

'You're welcome,' Landos replied with satisfaction.

Matthew ignored his annoying face and went outside.

'And bring him in one piece!' he heard him shout before meeting the old elf near the bridge of the city to give him directions for the journey.

'Before you depart, I caution you to stay inside the great wall. If you step out of it, you will not be able to enter this realm again because of its magic. Understood?'

'Yes.'

'Get down the bridge and cross the river. You must head south. It will take you a few hours to reach the village. Remain unseen. Elves tend to be hostile to humans. Should you need help, Inerma will assist you. She is an expert in animal control. Now, go.'

Matthew nodded. 'Don't worry, I will bring him back. Goodbye,' he said, and walked towards the steep stairs of the bridge.

He didn't know what was going to happen in a week, in a month. He didn't know if they even had a shot in facing the risks that awaited them. The only thing he was sure of was that he would find her, and never let go of her again. If it all went crashing down, and it was just Peter and him, he would become her shield, there to always protect her, because that was what his heart commanded. To beat next to hers.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A/N: So he's going on a quest now. Crazy, right? Meanwhile, I'm here writing this story on a quest for votes. Want to contribute?

Phrase of Chapter: τά γαθά κόποις κτνται / good things come after works - Aristotle

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.6K 3.5K 73
FEATURED ON WATTPAD'S OFFICIAL FANTASY, ROMANCE, MAGIC, STORIES UNDISCOVERED AND SPECULATATIVE FICTION PROFILES. "Rose run!" A voice yelled from all...
1.5K 136 45
'She could become their savour - or their destruction.' Rumours surrounding the untamed might of a young fire dragon are spreading across the cont...
2.5K 605 69
COMPLETED! Since she was a little girl, Velvet has been reading stories about great wizards and witches of Rumerra's past, wishing every night to wak...
1.6K 230 60
She is fierce. She is the future queen. She is a whole definition of power. The powers she has are amazing but she keeps them hidden. She doesn't tru...