A Senju's Family

By PrettyLilyAnime

Haru Uchiha has lived an eventful life thus far, one of many trials and tribulations. Between love triangles... More

Prologue πŸŒ™
Chapter 1 🌟
Chapter 2 🌟
Chapter 3 🌟
Chapter 4 🌟
Chapter 5 🌟
Chapter 6 🌟
Chapter 7 🌟
Chapter 8 Pt.1 🌟
Chapter 8 pt.2 🌟
Chapter 9 🌟
Chapter 10 🌟
Chapter 11 🌟
Chapter 12 🌟
Chapter 13 🌟
Chapter 14 🌟
Chapter 15 🌟
Chapter 16 🌟
Chapter 18 🌟
Chapter 19 🌟
Chapter 20 🌟
🌟The Twins Official Art🌟
Chapter 21 🌟
✨ New Character Profiles ✨
Chapter 22 🌟
Chapter 23 🌟
Chapter 24 🌟
Sneak Peak // Chapter 25
⭐️Vote!⭐️

Chapter 17 🌟

3.2K 103 140
By PrettyLilyAnime

Possible warnings for this chap: Mentions of Grandma Luna's death, sudden weight loss, Jealous Boruto, Flashback to Legacy of a Senju, Important Masahiko backstory, Haruki's villain origin story- LMAO just kidding!!

Or am I?

••Runa's POV••

There's a breeze in the air that drifts in from the sea, a common occurrence in coastal towns like this. The winds aid in the swaying of my hair, dark long locks flowing behind me like a sheet of black silk. The sun's bright, shimmering off of my hair that looks as lustrous as onyx stone.

Still, even with the wind cooling my skin, beads of sweat form at my temples.

My chest heaves up and down, deep breaths flowing in and out of my lungs as I bring my wrists up to my face in a crossed formation; blocking yet another attack from Masahiko. I don't miss a single step, swinging up my leg in an attempt to hit the side of his head.

Obviously he evades my leg with unmatched speed.

We've been at this for what seems like hours, dancing around one another in this taijutsu battle. In reality, it's only been a few minutes since I accompanied Masahiko into this private training arena. He didn't announce his first attack, taking me by surprise just like he did in our first training session back home.

This time however, all bets were off. Since no rules were announced, I assumed there were no rules at all! Therefore I wasted no time in activating my sharingan, feeling the rush of power flow to my head as everything became clearer, sharper, easier.

It's not to say that easier meant closer to victory, because it didn't.

I don't know how long it'll take me to surpass him, but Masahiko and I are light years apart in strength. We have the same kekkei genkai, but different chakra natures and drastically different levels of skill!

I don't mind though, not when I find myself quickly matching up to his speed. No matter how easy he might be going at me right now, he's ridiculously faster than any shinobi in my age category today. Which means that I'm currently faster than any other shinobi my age.

He's landed hits on me, it's impossible for me to evade all of them with my current agility. But with every blow I've taken, the more my urge to win has grown. It's an intoxicating, almost exhilarating feeling.

My spine twists and turns backwards as I swiftly dodge his gloved fist, flipping away from him and instinctively ducking to the ground; successfully missing a round of Kunai he's flung my way.

Yes! I've started to read his attacks accurately!!

He smirks at the subtle hints of my development. 'She's quick, similar to me' He thinks to himself, effortlessly avoiding the barrage of shuriken I flung his way as a tactic to win some time of my own.

When this fight first started, It was difficult for me to read his movements. Even with the sharingan, there's only so much I could do against someone like Hiko!

But with trial and error, I've started to get the hang of this quick paced fight; not letting nerves or questions cloud my mind.

Masahiko watched me rather proudly, though he'd rather drop dead than admit it out loud.

He saw me as an untouched vault of potential, a hidden treasure chest beneath layers and layers of rock and debris, the lucrative pot of gold people whisper about at the end of any rainbow- And he's right.

In his opinion, I'm faster than Haruki. Naturally that is. He noticed within seconds of this fight commencing. Although Haruki is currently far more agile than I am, she could only credit this to the years of training she's had in comparison to me.

Like him and Katsuro, Masahiko has always been the faster sibling.

However, with Katsuro's extensive training he's managed to catch up to Hiko's level. Somewhat at least.

Sometimes, raw talent just beats hard work.

I'm also a quicker learner, it's been clear from the get go. I've adjusted to his fighting style and adapted as rapidly as I could, a terribly difficult feat for many shinobi who are far more experienced than myself.

And despite the fact that I have such a premature understanding of the sharingan, Masahiko doesn't miss how quickly I adapt to actively sparring with it.

I don't know any of this, all I know is that I'm trying my hardest against the red eyed beast in front of me- And somehow amidst all of the flips and close calls my bodies endured, I've managed to avoid falling flat on my face!!

Of course, he isn't really trying to stop me. He's testing me, watching the way I react to certain attacks, analyzing how quick my reflexes are, scoping out my current range of abilities.

And really, he's gotten all of the information he's needed out of me.

"We're done." He calmly announced, his hand wrapping around my ankle- catching me completely off guard as I was trying to land a kick on his face!

I shriek in surprise, losing my balance and letting the weight of my body give out on my standing leg. Gravity takes its course and I instantly drop to the ground rather clumsily, a far cry from the sharp and quick moves I displayed earlier.

Masahiko's grip on my ankle doesn't waver, resulting in me awkwardly dangling in the air and upside down. The tips of my ravenous locks graze against the hardwood floors and I gulp in suspense, sheepishly peering up at Masahiko.

"So...did I do good?" I squeak out, blood rushing from the tips of my toes down to the crest of my head. Masahiko sighs at me.

If he was going to give me any extra praise, I already managed to change his mind.

"You did fine." He states this blandly, letting go of my ankle and letting me drop to the floor in a giant slump, ignoring my shriek of terror as my face nearly pancakes onto the wooden grounds beneath us. Luckily, I have the reflexes of a cat and managed to avoid dropping flat on my face.

"Would it have killed you to let me down gently?!" I groan, laying down like a starfish with my hair fanned out all around me. I stare up at the ceiling, deactivating my sharingan and waiting for the room to stop spinning. Oh god- What if I have a concussion?!

"Yeah, it would've given me a stroke." He mutters sarcastically, hand resting on the handle of his katana languidly in his usual pose. Funnily enough, I've seen enough pictures of my father as an adolescent to know that the two even stand the same way.

Lord sixth, also known as my uncle Kakashi, always marvelled at Hiko and his similarities to our father. It's no stretch to say that Hiko's always been the former hokage's favorite, as Kakashi took it upon himself to train Masahiko personally.

Just like he had with my father, apparently.

It's not to say uncle Kakashi doesn't love all of us, because he does! Masahiko is just the one who clicks with him the best, I remember it clearly growing up!

••Flashback••

Kakashi was still serving as hokage at the time, as Haruki and I were only around four years old. Our mother had just recently woken up from her two year long coma, and it's been around a week since she's been dispatched from the hospital.

It's been a little hard for our mom to adjust to life ever since she's woken up.

All of her kids are now older, and she had a new baby to bond with! Plus, she had to cope with the fact that she lost two years of her life, and was struggling with the fact that she couldn't remember what happened within those two years.

There was one bright side to her newfound situation though....

Finally...Her precious Runa wanted to spend time with her.

It was true, I had grown a bit more receptive to my mothers affections from the second she had woken up. In return, I clearly remember her telling my father 'I won bastard!! She's mine now!!' But that's besides the point.

Her arrival back into the world meant that she had to re-learn many firsts. And that meant letting Masahiko and Katsuro go back to class for the first time in her life.

And It was a total mess! Katsuro complained about having to leave home as well, citing that he already knew everything at the academy and that he wanted to stay home with mom. Masahiko on the other hand was more silent with his complaints, gingerly holding onto mom's dress as he asked his parent's to stay home.

Haru, of course, gave into their pleas without a second thought. She was not mentally, emotionally, nor physically prepared to let the boys go off to school quite yet. Our father however has always been quite the realist, and he sent the boys off anyway.

"The more you go, the faster they'll let you graduate." And so the boys had left.

It was fair to say that my mom was going through the motions, tears quite literally in her eyes once she realized they were actually gone for the day. I remember pouting at her sullen expression, following her around the house curiously as she tended to baby Daisuke.

"Mama!! Can we go visit grandpa Kashi? Pretty please??" Haruki suddenly appeared like a little rocket, her pink sparkly skirt bouncing about as she ran up to us. My mom's eyes widened, and a small smile grew on her features.

Yes!! Perfect!! They could go and visit Kakashi while the boys are at school, that way she could distract her mind a bit!!

Finally, it's now time that she's gotten out of the house to go out and greet the world once more! With my father's supervision, of course. He was extremely paranoid and always held her at an arm's length, terrified of losing her again.

So here we are now, at the sixth hokage's office.

"Grandpa!!" Haruki squealed excitedly, waving at the silver haired masked man with her tiny hands as the small jewels on her bracelet jingled and sparkled with every movement she made.

She was perched in my father's arms, whereas I was clinging on tightly to the fabric of my mom's dress. Daisuke's with us as well, nuzzled up in my mom's arms.

"Hi Uncle- I mean Grandpa Kakashi." I greeted him too, a small blush on my features when my mom released a rather mischievous smile.

Growing up we always referred to Kakashi as uncle, but ever since mom's woken up she's insisted that we refer to him as grandpa instead. Citing Something about him being an oldie and deserving the title of a grandfather.

Our papa merely rolled his eyes in the background when he heard her giving us those instructions.

"Girls, how many times do I have to tell you?! I'm uncle Kakashi, not grandpa." Kakashi groaned, a gloved hand on his forehead as my sister merely giggled and hugged my father tighter.

"But mama told us that you're our grandpa!!" She exclaimed, to which Kakashi sharply turned to my scheming mom. "You haven't even been awake for a week and you're intoxicating them."

"Calm down grandpa, where are my boys?" My mom snorts, giggling herself when kakashi rolls his eyes at her and ruffles her hair.

"They're in the training grounds in the academy, look."

My mom takes a hold of my smaller hand once more and guides me over to the large window panels overlooking Konoha. From here, the hokage has a view of the entire town, but he has an even closer look to the academy that's just below his office!

From here, we all immediately recognize the boy with white hair from a mile away, accompanied by my eldest brother and older cousin Reiji. They were sparring, throwing all sorts of intricate jutsu at each other, a grand showing considering the fact that they're a group of tiny kids.

To my surprise and intrigue, Masahiko weaves a series of hand signs, and his entire hand engulfs itself in a bright blue light. He seems tired though, too tired to maintain the jutsu for very long.

"You taught him lightning release?!" My mom gasps, watching as Masahiko huffs air out of his cheeks, seemingly bothered with his own performance.

"Sasuke and I agreed that the earlier he learns the better, soon he'll be able to do the Chidori." Kakashi spoke, a subtle pride when he spoke of the second Uchiha child.

I didn't notice at the time, but my mother sported a concerned frown, her eyes narrowing when she noticed just how tired Masahiko looked. Katsuro was equally as tired, but that didn't stop him from creating an array of hand signs and slamming them together.

Before I knew it, he announced a certain jutsu and I gasped in surprise when a bright red substance escaped from his lips with clouds of steam floating off of it. My eyes sparkled as I watched him spar with our cousin Reiji, entranced by his fighting and cool jutsu!!

"God, why the hell are they still in the academy? I couldn't do half of that shit at twelve!" My mom scoffs, turning to the hokage with narrowed eyes. Bitterness from having to let them go off earlier was coming back with full force, and in the background I could hear my father sigh.

"Well...They are graduating in two days," Kakashi noted, bringing a hand up and holding his own chin as if he were thinking. My mom's jaw drops at the sudden news, but before the conversation could go any further, I gasp at the sight of Masahiko using a water style jutsu.

"I wanna do that!" I announced rather shyly to my mother, peering up at her with my big dark eyes. My mom smiled down at me, ignoring Kakashi for a moment to lean down and press a chaste kiss to my forehead. "When you're a little older maybe papa could teach you too, alright?"

Swiftly, I turn to look at my father curiously. He's already watching me, but smiles gently when our eyes meet. "You want to be a shinobi Runa?" He asks, to which I blink in silence.

A shinobi so I could be big and strong like my brothers!!

I then nod slowly, a small smile on my face when he chuckles; clearly amused by my behavior.

I glanced back out the window just in time again to catch Masahiko angrily slam his hand into a tree with his lightning release, making a loud clashing noise and a bright beam of light. My mom and the rest of the adults in the room sharply turned to the sound of the noise.

Instantly, her red eyes narrow and the muscles in her arms subtly tense at the sight of Masahiko's little outburst. She's always known him to be a calm boy, a bit grumpy sometimes and serious mannered, but a calm boy nonetheless.

Ever since she's woken up Masahiko has reverted a bit into his old self, but the eye of a mother is the sharpest of all. She caught on to the changes in him within an hour of being home, and she sent my father a stern glance after what they just saw.

I didn't notice them as such a small child with such an innocent view of the world we lived in, but if I looked closely enough, I could see the streams of blood running down my older brother's cheeks.

My mom saw it too and maintained her panic solely for the sake of us kids, but before I knew it she was racing out of the room in order to get to the academy training grounds.

She held onto my hand with an iron grip, if any tighter she might've bruised me! My father and Kakashi followed closely behind, and within a record time I found myself standing atop of the training grounds lush grass.

At that point mother let go of my hand, she even handed Daisuke to my father. She looked so focused on Masahiko at that point that she could barely look at anyone else.

My memory blurs then. I don't remember how loudly she was screaming or what the words were, but all I remember was the look on her face when she took Masahiko in her arms and held him tightly to her.

She looked furious with both my father and Kakashi, I can't remember why. And Masahiko was barely conscious from how badly he overworked himself! His arms were wrapped weakly around her neck, and the blood from his eyes had Haruki squeaking out in fear, only to burrow her face in the crook of our father's shoulder.

I watched with wide, innocent, curious, and maybe even scared eyes as the ordeal went down. I was unable to tear my eyes away, unlike Haruki who couldn't bear to watch. It was the first time I ever saw my mother like that, but the memory is so hazy that I could barely recall any specifics!

The last thing I remember was seeing my mother picking him up and walking away, anger coursing through her veins as she left the rest of us behind.

"I don't want him to end up like any of you! Don't you dare touch him!! Don't train him any more, don't do anything!!" Her petrified voice rang through my ears.

Wait, what?

••Flashback••

"Runa?" Masahiko's voice is startling, and I squeak out in surprise at the sight of him standing right there. "You were zoned out." He raised a brow, eyeing me curiously.

I clear my throat, looking away from him in an attempt to re-arrange my thoughts. "Heh yeah sorry, that happens a lot. What were we talking about again?"

His brow remains raised as he eyes me, and I feel myself averting my eyes from his when they meet out of reflex. My Kami, why must he be so intrusive without even trying?!

"We were talking about your training." He says after a moment of silence.

I think for a moment, blinking owlishly at my older brother who's none the wiser at the thoughts stirring in my head.

I have this raging curiosity in the back of my head, I want to ask Masahiko if the memories I had just gone through were accurate. I wanted to ask him just why our mom blew up like that all those years ago; but something holds me back.

It doesn't feel like the right time. It seems so personal and so dark, that small piece of our family's past, that I bite my tongue and shake myself away from those thoughts. Maybe another time he'll open up about it, but not today.

Right, let me focus on our conversation. Act normal Runa.

So, If my dad won't be able to train me because of his work like he once thought he would, and if Hiko won't be able to when he goes back to his busy missions, then who can I rely on?

For a second, I'm reminded of my mother yet again.

I love my mother dearly, I do. But we quite literally have no abilities in common. Originally I had thought that the Crystal release I displayed weeks ago in the fight with Shin would be enough to be trained by her and learn more of my maternal heritage.

And well, that's just not gonna happen.

Sticking to my Uchiha side it is.

I've attempted using my Crystal style a couple of times on a smaller scale, but it just never worked! It was like my worst fears were coming true! Was my kekkei genkai just a one hit wonder moment? A fluke?!

She promised that after this field trip she and Shinji would help me try activating my Crystal release once more. But with the amount of broken promises she's sent my way throughout the years when it comes to things like this, I still can't help but have my doubts.

Therefore, there's one reliable, perfectly sensible option!

The sixth hokage!!

The image of my mom glaring at both my father and Kakashi instills a sense of unease in me, but mentally I digress. Maybe I just got it all wrong! Those memories were from years ago! There's no way I remember everything accurately, I barely even remembered what she said at all!

With a newfound courage, I turn to Masahiko.

"Hiko, do you think uncle Kakashi would wanna train me too?" I wonder out loud, turning to my brother who's pale brows raised at my question.

"Hm? Where's that coming from?" His painted nails thrum rhythmically against the hilt of his sword, and he tilts his head curiously. The strands of his pearlescent white hair shag to the side as a result, and I can't help but notice an array of colors glimmering through his locks as a result of the sun's strength.

I pause, my attention now directed on his hair.

A frown unconsciously pulls at the corners of my lips. Haruki's hair does the same thing.

Before I know it, thoughts of Haruki overrun my brain. Thoughts of the argument we had earlier today, thoughts of the way she ran off and away from me, and thoughts of how we haven't spoken since.

It's odd, usually by now she would've found her way to me and forced us to make up somehow with tears in her eyes. She's never been one to hold a grudge, nor has she ever been one to let us go without speaking for so long.

I swear, My head is wired like a merry-go-round. It's an endless back and forth!!

Granted, it's only been a few hours, but there's a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach that I just can't get rid of at the thought of her!

Maybe there's something wrong with her? Maybe I should check up on her-

No. She's off with that boy Kagura, what am I thinking? Plus, If I go back on my word and come crawling back to her, she wouldn't take me seriously the next time around. And we need some space! Hell, I feel great after sparring with Hiko today; there hasn't been a single moment I've regretted!

Still, my stomach churns, something in my unconcious screams at me; telling me to suck up whatever tight-lipped pride I have ingrained in my system to reach out first. After all, wasn't I the one to tell her to get lost?

A part of me didn't expect her to actually listen to me like that-

"He taught you too, no? And dad. I wanna have that experience too." I say, meaning every word. It's one thing having Masahiko train me, he's my brother and immensely talented; but Kakashi was hokage! And my father's teacher!!

Promptly, I shove those thoughts of Haruki into a corner.

I can't fuss over her like that, we're both our own separate people and this space is good for us.

Plus, If I want to become the best, I need to sacrifice a few things. Lazing around with Haruki would just have to be one of them.

"Well, he wouldn't say no to you. He'd probably help you with your lightning release the most. You already have a strong foundation so-" He thinks out loud, growing more intrigued by the idea of me training with him and his fathers old sensei.

Wait-

Did he just compliment me?!

"I have a strong foundation?! Haha I did amazingly today then!" I laugh, rubbing at my now dark eyes after deactivating my sharingan. Yes!! After only a few training sessions, very intense training sessions, my basics have improved!!

Does this mean we'll get to the fun stuff soon?

"You've got a big ego," He scowls almost immediately after my interruption, bending down so that his face is leveled with mine. I hold back a smile at his unimpressed gaze, no longer intimidated by him as I was just a week ago before we ever spoke.

I'm now way more comfortable with him, even going as far as to snicker when he rolls his eyes at me. "Is it really such a big deal though?" I huff, smiling lightly when he sends me yet another unimpressed look

However, that memory is still fresh in my mind. What happened to him?

Before we could continue the banter, and before Masahiko could force me into doing a hundred push ups just because he enjoys watching the world burn, an oddity occurs.

A natural event, swirls of airy dull blue and silver hues shifting through the sky scraping past buildings and smaller establishments. The cooled atmosphere takes over the entirety of Kirigakure within seconds, and I can't help but squint my tired eyes to try and peek through the depths of that silver air.

Mist. Just what The village Kirigakure has always been known for!

Small chills run up my spine. I've always known about the phenomenon; but to witness it all in person is a bit rattling, eerie even. I tense a bit out of instinct, sitting up from the training mat and glancing around wearily.

My eyes scan our surroundings, still squinting through the thick fog.

"Isn't this?-"

"Let's get back to the hotels, the group's already met up and gone there." He murmurs, sharp eyes slicing through the grey air analytically.

Before I could even get up and back on my feet, I shrieked in surprise at the feeling of Masahiko's hand grabbing at my own. He hauls me up with minimal effort and pulls me along, not trusting my ability to stay near him with the fog and his naturally quick pace.

"Nii-san wait!!" I complain, digging my heels into the ground in a weak attempt of slowing him down, but it's no use. With everything going on, I haven't even noticed that I called him the brotherly honorific, something I hadn't ever done with either one of my brothers to their faces before.

That's much more of a Haruki and Daisuke thing, as I've always presumed.

He drags me along as if I'm sort of a ragdoll, and through the thick fog, I don't see the small smile tugging at the corner of his lips.

Ah, finally we're growing closer! But the more I look at him the more I'm starting to remember a past that wasn't so sweet.

As it seems, there are still secrets in my family that I have yet to uncover. And for better or for worse, I have a horrible curious streak.

I need to talk to someone about this.

•••••

As it turns out, not everyone from the group of Konoha academy students returned to the hotels like they were supposed to. In fact, we just happened to stumble upon five students who were very clearly breaking the rules Masahiko set in place earlier when we first arrived.

Oh boy-

"Boruto?" The name falls from my lips without second thought, my eyes darting between the blonde, Shikadai, Inojin, Denki, and a very grumpy looking Iwabe.

"Runa? A-and Masahiko!" Boruto coughs out the last part with an almost nervous smile, wearily glancing at Shikadai, Inojin, and their other two friends at the sight of my brother and I.

Well- the weariness comes from seeing Masahiko, obviously.

Suddenly all of the boys look rather nervous once they process the fact that my brother is towering above all of them, his red eyes steely and cold as he arches a pale brow. His toned arms are crossed over his chest, giving him a bulkier appearance.

"Hello, Boruto." Masahiko nods, eyeing the video game console in his hand and the plate of steamy food he's clearly just ordered. Incriminating evidence.

Boruto chuckles sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck with one hand before leaning back in his seat. "Wanna join us?"

"No." Masahiko curtly responded, turning to me with a heavy sigh, as if he couldn't be bothered to deal with any of this.

In reality, this is a baby mission for him. A far cry from the work he's usually accustomed to, and a very clear hint from Naruto that he wants Masahiko to just calm down from a bit after what he endured from the Shin situation.

A small part of me wonders if my mom forced the hokage into giving hiko such a low risk mission-

"Runa, make sure they don't get into any more trouble than they already have." He instructs, snapping me out of my thoughts and swiftly turning his back to the rest of us before stepping away.

"How'd he know we got into trouble?!" Denki squeaks out, the poor guy trembling even as Masahiko grows further and further away from us.

I ignore Denki and gawk at my brother's figure as he leaves me behind, not even glancing back to check if I was following behind or not. For a second I consider running after him, but my aching bones and sore muscles scream at me in rejection.

Okay, hanging out with Boruto it is!

For some reason, there's a weird sensation in my chest at the thought.

Hold on...Am I nervous?!

"Wait- you guys got in trouble? What did you do this time, Boruto?!" I snap, whirling around to face the blonde and pushing the butterflies in my chest far away. My kami, I hope they never return!!

"What did I do?! Nothing! We just ran into some guys!" Boruto admits, turning rather sheepish towards the end there. I blink at him, almost too tired to run my mouth off and scold him for already having caused trouble in a foreign nation.

We've been here for only one day!!

I rub at my eyes and let out a soft groan of annoyance, letting my long locks fall over my face as I bow my head.

"Runa you look ready to pass out, come sit with us" Shikadai offered, scooting over in his seat so that I'd have space. I perk up at that, pushing my hair away from my face and eagerly joining the group. Some rest, even if it's just sitting, is rest I'll appreciate!

"Aww thanks Shika!!" I smile, laughing lightly when I plop myself right down next to him and hug my arms around his upper arm. Haruki and I have always been more than comfortable with the Nara boy, so the act of affection surprises nobody.

Shikadai scowls at me, taking a sip of his soda before returning to his video game. "Such a drag." He murmurs to himself, seemingly bothered but we both know better from the way he doesn't move to get me off of him.

Unbeknownst to the two of us, a pair of blue eyes watch us. Boruto feels his jaw clench as he watches me lean my head on Shikadai's shoulder, something I did with him yesterday on the cruise!

His observations only lead south when he watches me sneakily take a sip of Shikadai's drink, only to laugh when he catches me, and quickly the two of us fall in a natural conversation, easily ignoring Boruto, Inojin, Denki, and Iwabe.

He averts his eyes from the two of us, feeling rather uncomfortable with the feelings that lodged themselves in his chest. Was this-

Jealousy?

Before he could linger on those thoughts, the feeling of someone watching him is enough to make him tense up and turn to the source. There sat Inojin, a smirk on his face and a knowing glint in his pale eyes.

Immediately the Uzumaki's cheeks flush at the idea of having been caught dealing with his newfound and confusing feelings for me. He was just about to stand up and dismiss himself from the group, a little peeved with his own actions and rather annoyed by the sound of my giggling to whatever Shikadai was telling me.

But then, to his surprise, a hand stopped him.

I turned to him with furrowed brows, a stern look on my face. "Boruto, are you not feeling well?"

Boruto opens his mouth to respond, but he's immediately beaten by Inojin. The cheshire smirk still painted across on his face as he uttered the words "Actually, he hasn't been all himself today. You think you could walk him to the hotel Runa?"

Boruto felt his jaw drop, protest instantly on the tip of his tongue, but to his surprise, I hold his hand a bit tighter.

"Y-yeah, let's get going. I'm tired too"

Oh, Boruto was gonna kill Inojin.

•Haru's POV•

I stand tall in the middle of my closet, unknowingly gnawing at the inner portion of my cheek out of an anxious necessity. Sasuke watches me closely, already walking over to me with a sigh escaping his lips.

My eyes widen when I suddenly feel his hand on my face, his gloved fingers squishing my cheeks together as a small way to grab at my attention and force me to look at him. "Keep biting yourself like that and you're only going to hurt yourself."

I smile sheepishly at his scolding.

Joy flutters in my chest when he leans down and presses a sweet, quick kiss on my lips. But the lovestruck sensation vanishes when I'm strung back down by reality, watching Sasuke as he lets go of my face and turns back around.

"M' sorry I just can't help it. I'm nervous for her." I admit, gingerly following after the Uchiha as he skillfully straps his sword to the belt on his waist. In passing, he leans over the bed and picks up my coat, handing it to me silently before continuing to make his way out of the room.

"We'll be there soon, after we update Katsuro i'll use my rinnegan to get us there." He tells me, not opening up much about his feelings on the situation. He doesn't have to though, he doesn't have to say a word and I already know how he's feeling.

He's terrified.

The tell-tale signs are all over him. The aversion of eye contact, the pacing, he thinks he's being subtle every time he glances over at the framed image of our youngest daughter hung up on the wall, but he couldn't be more obvious!!

"Tell me where you guys are going again?" Katsuro asks, his dark brows raised further up his forehead as he glances between Sasuke and I.

"The Hidden Mist to get your sister." My voice comes out only after a tired sigh, shrugging on the coat to go on top of my simple satin dress as Sasuke walks ahead.

"And you're staying here to explain everything to Tsunade when she gets here." I tell him, bringing my hand up to his cheek and lovingly and tugging at it just a bit. He whines at the act, moaning and groaning for me to get away and stop the babying- though he shows no true effort in stopping me.

"I get that part, but why're you making Isamu sit around with me? Daisuke's still asleep and I'm not gonna be doing much in this frozen hellscape." Katsuro cringes, chills running up and down his skin under his warmly clothed arms.

No matter how many layers he assembles over his naturally heated body, he just can't escape the cold from outside properly! And that's considering the fact that we're in the cabin right now.

He's still hot to the touch, practically a walking furnace as the temperature of his body has always been higher than the average person.

Kakashi once made the joke that since Sasuke and I were never people who embraced our 'wills of fire' that our firstborn son would be born with a will so strong that his fire power would be manifested into grandness.

And although Katsuro's fire powers are truly something else with the added boil release kekkei genkai only expanding his long list of abilities, Sasuke and I could only send Kakashi sensei flat stares as he laughed at the irony of it all.

Tsunade always attributed Katsuro's body temperature to his chakra nature. It's not an uncommon thing among shinobi with fire chakra, and on that note luckily Runa's never been one to run too hot, making it easier for me to figure out if she's ever running on a fever or not.

I would've thought that the warmth Katsuro naturally produces would protect him from the cold.

But I guess not!

"Ah Isamu's gonna be babysitting you guys until Tsunade comes home!" I smile, ignoring the tired sigh Isamu breathes out by my side, instead focusing on the offended expression Katsuro makes.

"Babysitter?! Do I look like I need a babysitter mom?" He's baffled by the predicament.

Really, it isn't really much of a deal.

Katsuro's always loved Isamu, my summoning animal. Isamu always watched over Katsuro and protected him whenever necessary as the young Uchiha grew up, acting much like Isao did to me when I was a child. However-

"I'm fifteen! Not a baby!" He scowls, looking a little too much like the teenage version of his father whenever his face twists up into that almost pouty look.

Katsuro is a boy who invokes fear in the hearts of his foe across the globe, or so I've been told. However, at this very moment I can't help but snort at the sight of him; a frown on his perfect little face reminding me of the pouty expression he'd wear all the time as a child.

He sits himself on the couch, his fiery red eyes glaring at Sasuke as they begin to speak.

It's always been hilarious to me, how whole-heartedly and deeply they love each other despite being at each other's throats every minute of the day.

I almost stumbled backward with a yelp of surprise when Daisuke appeared from one of the grand hallways, running into me and throwing his small arms around me in an awfully cute embrace. "Mommy!" He cheered, a sweet smile on his face.

"Hey baby! You woke up huh?" I giggle, bending down at the knees so that we see each other eye to eye. He nods rather sleepily, still in a drowsy state before wrapping his arms around my neck, hooking his chin over my shoulder for some warmth.

I cooed at his cuteness, embracing him tightly before turning to my other two boys.

"Old man, why do you look pissed at me?" Katsuro glared, shrugging off the blankets that he once had wrapped around his body to protect him from the cold.

"For once in your life, stay quiet and follow our orders." Sasuke sternly instructed, the look on his face heeding as a warning itself. Katsuro, ever so the hot headed boy, goes to open his mouth and snap back at his father. Sasuke on the other hand, doesn't give him the chance.

"Don't test me." Sasuke mutters, the father son duo staring one another down with lightning connecting their gazes.

I sigh, rolling my eyes at the boys before looking down and placing my hand on Daisuke's head and languidly stroking through his hair. With his small hand clutching the fabric of my dress and his body leaning against mine, I smile.

Luckily not all of my boys have attitudes like Sasuke and Katsu.

"Mama, can I go with you and papa to see Nee-chan?" Daisuke asked sweetly, his big eyes blinking up at me as if I had all of the answers of the universe in the palm of my hand.

"I'm afraid not this time around Dai, you'll be able to see your sisters soon enough though" I sigh, letting him down with a strained heart.

Curse my weak will against these kids!

If I stay any longer, I might just let Daisuke come with us out of sheer lack of willpower damnit!! Okay, it's time to go.

"Alright alright that's enough. Katsuro, don't talk back to your father. Sasuke, don't look at our child that way!" I scold, immediately poking at Sasuke's arm to get him to stop. Sasuke rolls his eyes at me, and I can practically hear his brain right now. 'Child my ass' He'd always scoff, and he's about to say it too; only to be beaten to it by Katsuro himself.

"He started it." Katsuro childishly murmured, arms crossed over his chest as if he wasn't the older kid in the room.

These two are gonna be the death of me

•••••

Due to me being able to pinpoint Haruki's exact location, Sasuke didn't break a sweat in creating a portal. Before I knew it, the two of us situated ourselves in Haruki's hotel room; hearts beating wildly in concern for our youngest daughter.

Both of us scan the room with the finesse and speed only a seasoned shinobi could possess, and before either one of us knew it we were both situated outside of the bathroom door. It's closed, but even without using my sensory abilities I could tell she's in there.

"Haruki?? Honey, we're here!" I call out, leaning against the door as Sasuke uses his time wisely; inspecting the rest of the room for any clues of something that went wrong. The room is occupied by two beds, one shared by Runa and Haruki, whilst the other is meant solely for Masahiko.

I catch a glimpse of the girl's bed, feeling my eyes widen when I notice the pillows thrown to the ground and the blanket nearly pushed off the edge of the mattress. Odd, Haruki's a calm sleeper and always picks up after herself.

"Masahiko and Runa aren't here yet." Sasuke murmured, eyes zeroing in on Runa's purple duffel bags and Masahiko's neatly organized bed.

I frown at that, not particularly liking the fact that it's way past curfew and they're still out in a foreign village, but quickly push the thought aside for Haruki's sake.

Her chakras flared up, a clear sign of her stress. With keen ears. I press the side of my face against the door, hoping to at least hear her.

And that's when I get something, the sound of someone rummaging around and a few escaped sobs filtering through the cold air. "Haruki!" This time my voice is raised, pale brows furrowing together at her lack of a response.

A few moments of silence "I-Is papa there?" She asks from behind the door. Quickly, my head snaps over to Sasuke who's dark brows were raised. She probably uses her sensory abilities to know that he's here in the room with me, because within seconds she's ripping the door open and rushing past me to get to him.

EXCUSE ME?!

She practically lets herself fall into his arms, quite literally ignoring my presence all together when she shoves her face in the crook of Sasuke's neck and lets him lift her from the ground.

I stare at the two, my jaw dropped and my eyes glinting with all sorts of betrayal as he quickly shushes her and tells her she's going to be alright, like a sweet father would.

....At least the boys appreciate me a bit more than this.

•••••

I sigh as I take a tentative sip of my Sake, Tsunade taking a drink of her own by my side as the two of us watch the utter act of betrayal to my motherhood play out in front of me.

Ever since Tsunade finished analyzing Haruki's condition, my snowy haired baby practically bolted back to her fathers side. She barely spared me a glance, instead letting Sasuke pick her up so that she could be comforted by him.

I gawked at the sight, feeling Tsunade's hand pat my shoulder in pity. That was all a few minutes ago, and not much has changed since.

Haruki sniffles, her face hidden in the juncture between Sasuke's neck and shoulder. I sigh at the two of them, feeling like a bitter third wheel as her grip on him only tightens.

I'm the one who gave birth to her! Me! Nine months of pregnancy! For this sort of betrayal?!

With Haruki practically glued onto Sasuke's lap with zero signs of detaching from him, I cross my arms and glare sideways, pointedly ignoring Sasuke's small smirk.

"Don't think you're off the hook, I saw what you did with that boy." Sasuke claims, his gaze shifting from me onto Haruki.

I raise my brows at his suddenly stern composure. He's been so babying and complacent with her thus far, stroking her hair and whispering comforting words into her ears ever since she came home with us.

But now, it seemed as if he suddenly remembered something, and he was not happy about it.

Boy? What boy? Her soulmate? Or someone new? Ooh what if she found herself a cute little Kiri boy!-

Haruki froze, her big eyes widening when she cautiously peers up at her father.

"Why do you sound upset?" She sniffles, her cheeks and nose reddened from all of the crying she's endured. I snort, now the one sporting a smirk on my face as I turn to Sasuke and wait for his response.

"What have I always told you about getting close to boys like that?" Sasuke asked her, still remarkably gentle in comparison to the way he'd treat anyone else. My smirk has blown out to a full grin, highly amused by the discomfort he's portraying and the innocent curiosity she's emitting.

"You told me to stop holding hands with boys! And to not talk to so many of them!"

"Right, then why were you doing those things?"

"Because I like holding hands with people! Especially with boys like Kagura!"

Leave it to Haruki to nearly give one of the strongest men on our planet a heart attack just with her words, but Sasuke looks close to losing his mind the longer he listens to her.

"Just- You can't Haruki" Sasuke at this point looks ready to bash a boy's head in the wall, and if it weren't for his daughter on his lap, the lord only knows what he might've done to this Kagura boy-

"Haru, are you sure you've never gone through something like this? Maybe you didn't even realize it was happening to you. Did you ever get any strong visions that felt real, negative ones at that?" Tsunade suddenly asked me, ripping me away from the hilariously uncomfortable conversation between Ruki and Sasuke.

My brain grasps at straws. Helpless, I shrug my shoulders and shake my head before taking another sip of Sake. "Tsuna, I've thought about it over a million times. I don't know!"

I glance over at Haruki, letting out a sigh of relief since she's calmed down speaking to Sasuke, her mind distracted from whatever the hell she went through earlier.

Then, it hits me.

••Flashback••

What would've been

"Mommy!" A little girl squeals as she runs towards a white haired woman. The six year old girl with raven locks cheerfully hugs the lady's toned legs, stumbling into them with a gleeful grin.

"Mommy I found these flowers in Auntie Ino's store!" The little girl says, to which the woman smiles.

"Did you find them? Or did you take them?" The mother asks as she takes the yellow flowers from her daughter's hands. The little girl's big dark eyes narrow, as if she's trying to come up with a good enough answer. "Uh. . . I borrowed them!"

"Haru there you are!" Ino says as she barges into the small cafe. Haru arches a brow as her daughter cowers behind her. "Runa, say hi to Auntie Ino." Haru urges, smirking as the child is caught red handed. The now blushing girl peeks out from behind her mother and shrieks at the sight of Ino.

Runa decides to make a last minute decision, her long black hair flows behind her as she bolts out of the cafe.

"Runa where are you going?!" Haru asks, calling after the rebellious child. Not even a second later walks in Sasuke Uchiha alongside Naruto Uzumaki with a struggling Runa in his arms.

"Papa let me go! Mommy is gonna kill me!" Runa screeches as she pounds her little fists on her fathers back. Haru sweat drops at the sight. Naruto laughs, giving the small ravenette no assistance as she tries wriggling her little body out of her fathers grasp.

Sasuke sighs when his daughter tightens her grip on his neck "Papa can you teach me how to do the fire jutsu?" She suddenly asks, forgetting that she was petrified of getting in trouble with her mother seconds ago.

Sasuke looks at his daughter with admittedly loving eyes "When you're a little older I'll teach you whatever you'd like." He says to which the little girl pouts. "But I want you to teach me now!!"

Haru narrows her eyes at her child. "You know, I'm right here!!" She mutters with an irk mark as she watches Runa snuggle up to her father. Ino laughs as she places an arm over Haru's shoulder "Don't worry Haru, you're a good mom to Runa!"

Just a dream

••Flashback Ending••

"I dreamt of Runa" I murmured, eyes wide and pupils shaking from the very real and ominous realization. Tsunade turns to me, her brow arched.

"You what?"

"When I was seventeen, before my fight with Pein, I literally saw Runa." I repeat, slowly turning to Tsunade; chills running down my back. How didn't I notice this before?! How come I didn't remember?!

I always knew I had dreams of a daughter that looked like Runa, and I've always vocalized it to Sasuke and our friends. However, in my lowest point in life, I had an entire vision of her with her name and everything!!

"I-I was remembering everyone in my life who passed because I was so upset, and at the time I thought I lost my pregnancy. But I didn't imagine Katsuro, I saw a little girl. It was Runa." I realize. From across the room, Sasuke takes a sharp look at us, his face uncertain.

"Are you sure-"

"Of course I'm sure I know my daughter!! It was Runa! Kaguya showed me Runa!!" I gasp, slapping the palm of my hand on my forehead, frustrated with myself for not remembering sooner.

I approach the two of them, throwing the Sake in the trash and running a defeated hand through my hair. Just as I'm about to sit down and think about the Runa situation further, a surprise catches me off guard.

"Mom" Haruki suddenly murmurs, those glittering dark eyes peeking out at me from the crook of Sasuke's neck. My heart cracks, hating how scared she sounds.

All of my kids are my babies, even Katsuro who's my eldest. But Haruki is my little girl! My sweetheart with snowy white hair like mine and twinkling dark eyes like her father, the perfect combination of the two of us; and the product of our love for each other.

With a soul sweeter than cake, my Haruki's always been especially delicate. Particularly fragile.

And I'm scared just like she is, scared of her being hurt.

More so, I'm afraid of the cold and bitter truths that plague this world. I'm scared because at the end of the day, there are certain things I just can't protect her from. And as much as he hates to admit it, Sasuke can't either.

This is one of those things.

Haruki takes a deep breath, and with quivering lips as if she were ready to break down all over again, she lifts her head from Sasuke's neck to meet my eyes. I notice Sasuke's expression, beneath that stoic demeanor is a father who's heavily worried.

His eyes, usually cold and devoid of emotion, glint with a warmth that he reserves only for his children. The protectiveness in him reaching an all time high at Haruki's distress.

It seemed like the mention of Kaguya had Haruki shaken up all over again. The thought infuriates me, just what the hell is going on with all of this?!

"I saw-" She chokes up, my heart beat spikes.

"I think I saw what happened to grandma"

Time freezes in place,

"I saw what happened to her," Haruki confirms, her voice barely reaching a whisper.

She was staring at me with such intensity, her eyes that are normally so sparkly and sweet now look dull and scared. Her hand slowly reaches out towards me, though still in her father's lap with zero sign of wanting to separate from him.

With my heart caught in my throat, I immediately responded to her, reaching out my own hand and grabbing her smaller one.

As soon as she touches me, her face crumples. She's reduced to tears. A sob escaped her lips, and I gasp out in surprise when she reaches away from Sasuke in favor of wrapping her arms tightly around me.

Her face is buried in the crook of my neck, and although she was forced to let go of my hand due to our current position, I could feel her clutching onto the fabric of my dress as if it was a life vest and she was stranded at sea.

"T-They killed my grandma! Why?! Why'd they-?! Why??!!!!" My eyes widen, and my hand immediately finds the back of her head as I gently stroke my fingers through her hair, desperate to stay calm for her sake.

Frantically, my eyes meet Sasuke's.

This can't be happening. Not our Haruki, not our innocent, baby Haruki-

"You w-were just a baby! And they took you away from her! A-and I saw it happen over and over and over again!!-"

Shaken myself, I could only hold her tighter. Listening to her cry her heart out in my arms. Sasuke's no longer on the couch, standing up beside me with concern flashing wildly in his dark eyes. He's scared. He's scared for her, and now he's really showing it.

Pain slashes through my soul, both at the reminder of my mothers sinful death and the fact that my daughter, my child's been exposed to that dark truth. With tears welling up in my eyes as well, I could barely sense Tsunade coming to my side and trying to comfort both of us.

Instead, my senses are all intertwined with Haruki's. And as she desperately asks me why, why my mother was so brutally taken from me when she had an entire life ahead of her, I let out a shaky breath.

"Ruki honey, listen to me." I murmur, feeling a sinking sensation at the pit of my stomach.

Like the good girl she tries her hardest to be, she bites her cherry glossed lips to hold back her sobs and leans back; staring at me straight in the eye as hot tears stream down her flushed cheeks.

I smile with watery eyes, the sort of smile that nearly has Haruki breaking down again. Because it's sad, I just look so sad she can't bear to see me this way.

Even as she breaks down in my arms, she worries over me.

"Look at me now, I'm here and okay, right?" I tell her, holding onto her cheeks with a subtle firmness as I practically force those big dark eyes to look into mine.

"You were just a baby." She whispered back as if she were trying to make sense of it all, her eyes squinted through the ambush of tears filling up her waterline.

"And now I'm a woman, and your mother. I'm not that baby anymore, it's okay-"

"It's not okay!" Haruki whimpered out the response, unable to control the tears and heavy sensation in her chest no matter how hard she tried. "Y-you look just like her. And I saw her- And I saw what happened to her." She choked out, eyes flashing with terror.

Suddenly, it all starts clicking into place. She was avoiding me before because I reminded her of my mother. And she saw my mother's death.

It was like she saw me dying!-

"W-what happened to that man?" Haruki asked me, cutting through my thoughts with a sharp knife as if she could see how I was managing to put the pieces together.

She's horrified by her own actions, feeling wildly uncomfortable by the fact that she's just dumped her troubles onto me, but she couldn't handle what she witnessed on her own.

Even as she relies on me for the motherly support any child her age would desperately crave, she feels herself wanting to reel it all back in. She doesn't want me to see her cry, she doesn't want me to have to answer her questions.

And yet, here she is now. Sat in my hold with tears running down her face. It's a position she's never wanted to be in, but recently life has been so hellish. So cruel and dark- She's always tried to push all of her fears away, but at the end of the day nothing compares to the comfort a mother could provide.

Still, she feels selfish for behaving this way.

Her dark eyes gaze into my ruby red ones, glossed over with tears.

I'm quick to calm myself down, knowing that I need to be strong for her. I channel an old part of me, one that constantly held together my emotions and helped me create a perfect facade.

I smile at her then, wiping away one of her fallen tears with my thumb. "Is he in jail now?" She sniffles, almost calming down as well at my smile.

Again, my eyes flashed over to Sasuke. He looked deep in thought, his gaze unwavering from the child in my arms.

She's asking about Danzo.

"He's gone, Haruki. He's been gone for years." I tell her softly, a sorry look in my eye as she tries to grasp at words. I sigh, pushing her bangs away from her face and subconsciously checking the temperature of her forehead.

"You're running on a fever."

She sighs, dropping her head on my shoulder, her grip on me still as tight as ever. "And you've lost some weight." I suddenly note, eyeing the subtle difference of the look of her arms.

Haruki's never been a girl to hold onto too much muscle at all, always having been the smaller or even skinnier twin between herself and Runa.

However, it isn't to say that it was ever a huge difference, she and Runa have very similar stature's and weights; it's just harder for Haruki to gain muscle or weight, even with her extended training.

"I'm sorry" She mumbled, her gaze downcast.

"Stop apologizing to me Haruki, there's nothing to apologize for" I sigh, rubbing soothing circles over her back.

"But I've stressed you out so much" She whimpered out the words, and I winced at the idea of her starting a sob fest all over again. No no no!! My goal here was to get her to stop crying!!

"Haruki look at me. I don't care what's going on in my life at the moment or what could possibly be going on, but you will always be the most important thing in my life. You and your siblings. There's no burden in my heart when you open up to me, okay? You aren't stressing me out, I'll always be by your side and ready to listen." I tell her openly and honestly.

She doesn't respond, but instead drops her forehead on my shoulder.

"None of this is your fault, okay?"

She only holds me tighter, and deep in my heart I know she doesn't believe me, because I know my baby better than anyone wether she knows it or not.

And for the first time in her dimming life, Haruki felt a crack in her pure heart.

••••••••••

Helloo my lovely readers! How'd you guys feel about this chapter?!

Omg..Opinions on Runa in this chap?

Omg thoughts on her training!! See! She isn't weak at all LMAO

What are your thoughts on what Masahiko in this chap? (He's becoming more comfortable being a big brother omgnsek)

Thoughts on that suspicious flashback Runa had?

What the hell do you think was going on with Haru Kakashi and Sasuke in that scene?! Why was she so upset?

Opinions on the way Runa thought of Haruki in this Chap?

Omg....What are your thoughts with Runa Boruto and Shikadai?

Jealous Boruto???? and LMAO Inojin knowing what's up

And what do you guys think about Boruto's feelings towards Runa?!

Boruto and Runa's walk to the hotel scene is in the next chap!! Hint hint, they might share a lil kiss! (Or not, who knows with me hehe)

Okay, thoughts on Haruki in this chapter? :(

This chapter marks the official change of her character btw lmfao rip

How do you expect Haruki to move forward after this traumatizing experience?!

And how do you expect her to change in regards to how she treats others?

What'd you think about Ruki and Sasuke? Protective papa Sasuke to the rescue I love him lmfao

And Omg, Haruki and Haru being the best mother daughter duo :( I'm so sad for them

Thoughts on kaguya showing Haru Runa all those years ago? Notice, she never showed Haruki in all of Haru's visions....Hmm...

How do you think Haruki and Runa's relationship is gonna go from here?

This is all gonna develop too much more in the next chap ugh

If you have any extra thoughts, opinions, or predictions make sure to lmk in the comments! You know I love reading them!

-Make sure to check out my newest Avatar series titled Ablaze! (It's a ZukoxOC fic!)

Here's my newest OC!

As always tysm for reading!! I'll see you all next chap!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

449K 13.7K 43
What happens when a young (and bratty) girl's body is taken over by.... herself? Well, from the future. Konohagakure is in the midst of a deadly war...
25.4K 864 22
A sasuhina fanfiction The Uchiha children from the future, accidentally travelled in the past using Sasuke's dangerous technique that hasn't been fin...
383K 10.2K 40
With the fourth Shinobi world war looming over all of the nations, Haru Senju finds herself stuck in between the Will of fire her ancestors created a...
90.5K 1.3K 20
He was out off her life, their lives..... He wasn't informed that they officially had settled down. He comes back 12 years later when his mission is...