In Another Life With You | Ta...

By hcneythoughts

In which Beomgyu turns out to be Taehyun's guardian angel. ───── ❝ 𝐬𝐲𝐧𝐨𝐩𝐬𝐢𝐬 ❞ ───── Upon getting ass... More

Part I: Inception
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
12
13

7

183 15 3
By hcneythoughts

Packing everything into boxes, Beomgyu began to load the last bits of his things outside where Mr Yoon was waiting with a moving truck. He didn't have much to pack for, thankfully, since he had just arrived in Seoul a few days later.

"There are still some boxes left in my room. I'll bring them over quickly," said Beomgyu as he passed another box to Mr Yoon.

"No worries, take your time," the latter replied before Beomgyu disappeared into his house once more.

In the corner of his bedroom sat the last box, smaller than the rest. A wave of nostalgia took over him, knowing the contents of what was inside.

Inside the box were small treasures he had personally collected over the lifetimes he had experienced, all of them being small memories and mementoes of all the souls he looked after.

Beomgyu lost himself for a moment as he brought his consciousness back to the present. Now wasn't the time for reminiscing past encounters as he picked the box up once again.

"Going somewhere?" A voice spoke from behind.

Turning around, Beomgyu came face-to-face with Hueningkai. Before he could ask why the latter had come in the first place, Hueningkai's gaze rested upon the box in his hands.

"And what is that?" The devil inquired, about to reach for it—

"Don't touch it," Beomgyu snapped, bringing the box away from his reach.

All Hueningkai could do was let out a sigh. "After all this time, and you still won't let me see what's inside," he laughed sadly. "You didn't answer my question, though," the devil continued, the expression on his face changing like a switch.

"Taehyun's—I mean, my boss's," he answered.

Hueningkai whistled in amusement while Beomgyu rolled his eyes. "Falling for him already?"

"Shut up, Hueningkai," Beomgyu muttered before walking out of the house.

"Good luck!" His friend called out, waving from behind.

"I have a little surprise in store for him."

Beomgyu knew Taehyun was rich.

But he didn't think he'd be this wealthy to own a house like this.

For a good minute, he thought Mr Yoon was mistaken when they stopped in front of the largest house in the neighbourhood. Its grand facade was already enough to leave Beomgyu breathless. The house stood tall and handsome with its white walls, black tiled roof, many glass panels and an automated gate at the front. There were easily 3 floors to the house if you were to look from the outside. It honestly baffled Beomgyu to know a mere 22-year-old lived in here alone.

Mr Yoon was outside helping the latter unload his boxes while Beomgyu decided to head inside first. He nearly dropped the box he was carrying as he arrived inside. It was almost as if the house's outer demeanour did no justice to its interior. First off, the living room was massive—it was nearly as tall as an indoor basketball court with towering white walls, a flight of wooden stairs by the side that led to the second floor and a few pieces of art hanging from the walls.

The house's colour palette was a mix of white, black, grey, marble and wood: a combination of modernity and warmth.

Spending a good minute looking around the house, Beomgyu was about to look for Taehyun before being stopped in his tracks by a cat.

Its coat was greyish-brown in colour with darker stripes, easily identifiable as a classic tabby. It simply sat in the middle of the living room as its green eyes stared into Beomgyu's.

"Why, hello there," Beomgyu smiled, instantly recognising the cat as he crouched down, giving it a scratch under its neck. The feline purred in response, as if it recognised the latter. "You're here with Taehyun in this life too, huh?" He laughed softly as the cat curled up on the rug, wanting to fall asleep.

"Her name is Hoback," said a voice from behind as Beomgyu swivelled to see Taehyun in his home wear: a grey turtleneck sweater with jeans. "Your room is upstairs, the one furthest to the right."

"Ah, I see," Beomgyu replied, getting up.

"What would you like to eat for dinner? The food should arrive by the time you've unpacked everything," Taehyun continued, pointing towards a digital clock with the reading 4:46 pm.

"I'm fine with anything," Beomgyu shrugged, giving one last longing look at Hobak before making his way upstairs.

An hour later, Beomgyu had unpacked his things in his new room. He began to make his way downstairs as he saw Taehyun reading what seemed to be a letter by the dining room.

"What is that?" He asked, seeming to have awakened the latter from his trance.

"The reason I got a bodyguard in the first place," Taehyun replied simply before crumbling the paper in his hands as he tossed it into the bin. "I'm going to take a shower now. The food's already here, so help yourself," he continued before walking away.

Once he was sure Taehyun was no longer around, Beomgyu found his gaze resting on the bin with the crumbled letter. He stared at it for several moments. It had to be something serious for it to evoke such a reaction from Taehyun, considering how the latter isn't easily disturbed by anything.

Should I have a look at it? A peek won't hurt, would it? He asked himself. I'm his bodyguard, and so I have the right to know why he hired one in the first place.

Crouching down, Beomgyu reached for the letter, his fingers inches away from the paper before he stopped short.

No, it's an invasion of privacy, he chastised himself as he spared one last glance at it before turning away.

Then he went back for it. His fingers hastily unravelled and evened every crease as Beomgyu read what was on the letter.

Who—who would send this? He thought to himself in slight disbelief, his eyes going over the single line over and over again.

Footfalls thudded down the stairs. Getting up, Beomgyu swiftly crunched the letter and threw it into the bin as Taehyun entered the dining room.

"That was a quick shower," he laughed nervously, slowly inching away from the bin with the discarded letter.

"I'll just do it later," Taehyun replied, seeming to have not to suspect Beomgyu as he went to lay out the food across the table. "Aren't you going to eat?" He asked, noticing the latter simply standing there.

"Oh—yes, I am," Beomgyu prattled, settling on the empty seat across Taehyun.

Silence resounded across the room as the two ate their meals. The awkwardness so thick, it was almost palpable—or, at least to Beomgyu; Taehyun, who was deep in thought, didn't seem too bothered by the quietness.

"Do you want to know what's written on the letter?" He asked all of a sudden.

"Sorry?" Beomgyu replied, caught off-guard by Taehyun's sudden initiative to start a conversation.

"It's just a threat from an anonymous sender. I've been receiving those for the past week asking me to give my shares of my father's corporation and company up," he spoke. "At first, I thought it was just a foolish prank and that the sender would stop after a few days. But I guess not."

"Do you have any idea who is sending these?" Beomgyu asked.

"My siblings," Taehyun said after a while. "Step-siblings, actually. You remember the grave we visited the other day? He's my birth father. Unfortunately, he passed away when I was 5."

Beomgyu remained silent, beckoning the latter to go on.

"Not long after, my mother married a wealthy man. He already had 3 other children of his own, who are now my step-siblings. They never really grew too fond of me. Growing up with them was simply intolerable, and I—"

Taehyun stopped short, the look in his eyes implying that he wasn't so ready to tell everything just yet.

"It's okay, I understand," Beomgyu reassured quickly. "You don't have to tell me everything."

"Thank you," Taehyun replied.

"But—I do have another question. Why are you telling me all this? Weren't you just telling me how I shouldn't get involved or know about your family's affairs the other day? "

Taehyun went silent for a few moments. "Well, trust is something that should always be given, not earned. So, I trust you. I trust you as my bodyguard. Perhaps it'll take me a while to open up to you as a person, but I'm learning," he said coolly, a genuine sheen reflected in his brown eyes.

"I see," Beomgyu smiled. "Thank you for trusting me then."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 58.8K 37
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
1.7M 57.8K 71
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
351K 15.2K 39
જ⁀➴ᡣ𐭩 hidden, various hazbin hotel characters x female reader જ⁀➴ᡣ𐭩 𝑰𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 we follow an angel named y/n, who had her bes...
155K 4.6K 48
matilda styles, will you be my valentine? (please reject me so i can move on) ⋆ ˚。⋆୨💌୧⋆ ˚。⋆ IN WHICH christopher sturniolo falls for nepo baby or...