my cute, popular tutor.

By bunnysunoo

[Book Two of the 'My' Series] it all started with a text conversation. 'hey nerd' 'ok who the hell are you an... More

author note
for my totally straight crush
for study dates
for layla
for dinner and crushes
for getting closer
for unexpected actions
for boyfriends
for ex boyfriends
for moving on from pain
for meeting the shim family
for dates
for double dates
for goodnight kisses
for moving on
for remembering
for new things
for closure
for coming out
for his waterpolo ace
for missing him
for bad luck
for dreams
for broken bones
for acceptance (part 2)
for the future (epilogue)

for acceptance (part 1)

888 50 8
By bunnysunoo

JUNGWON

It has been two weeks since the match and my boyfriend's injury. He had a smaller cast on his ankle and he had just been discharged but he has to walk with crutches if he wants that ankle to recover quickly. The finals was in a week and In Yeop admitted that it'll be impossible for him to be fit by that time so he just trusted his teammates and Jaeyun would win the trophy for him.

Oddly enough, when I came back to school in those two weeks that In Yeop was stuck in the hospital, I didn't get harassed for 'turning the star striker' gay. Actually, there was one or two but surprisingly, none of them were from the football team. In fact, they were the ones to come to my defence.

"If anyone hurts our ace striker's boyfriend, I'll kill them.", One of the fierce looking players on the team promised me which just made me more scared of him.

"You know we have your back, Won.", Jay smiled and promised me.

So I was told Jaeyun made the guys promise on their lives to protect their striker's boyfriend which when we found out, we both gave him the biggest hug ever.

We went back to school, this time together and hand-in-hand. Students looked at us in admiration and some, disgust. We didn't care about them. I love him and I'll never be ashamed of it.

"You don't have to escort me to my class like this.", In Yeop whined like the cute baby he is.

"I need to make sure you don't fall and land on your pretty face.", I joked, making him pout on me.

"You're mean but thank you Wonnie.", I smiled and nodded.

We reached his class and I opened the sliding door for him. He turned around and gave me a peck on the lips before ruffling my hair.

"Hurry to your class. You'll be late."

I nodded and gestured for him to hurry in. He chuckled and did just that. I looked through the window, making sure he made it to his seat safely. He saw me and glared, mouthing for me to hurry to my class. I laughed and waved at him as he returned it.

The rest of the school day went by smoothly as usual and it was lunch time. I walked with my tray of food to where Sunghoon was sat at and plopped down on the bench.

"Gosh Math was a pain today.", Sunghoon chuckled and took a bite of the food.

"Tell me something I don't know."

I shook my head and just ate the food on my tray. As bad as it is.

"Hey faggot!"

Before I could turn to see who shouted that, I felt cold liquid run down my neck and back as I stood up in shock. Gasps filled the cafeteria as they all took our their phone to film. I clenched my fists and turned to the culprit. It was some junior I didn't recognise. The audacity of him to call me that.

"What's your fucking problem?!", I exploded, clearly surprising him.

Sunghoon held me back before I could lunge towards him and punch the homophobe.

"I'll deal with this.", he whispered and my eyes widened as he punched the kid with so much force I swear I heard his jaw crack.

He towered over him and straddled him, punching him with the same force. I froze for a second before everything became clearer.

"Sunghoon! Stop it!", I pulled him from killing the kid.

His breathing was hard and fast. I could tell his adrenaline was high.

"You're going to get yourself expelled.", His breathing suddenly became calm and regular as he nodded.

I turned to the kid and I cringed at the sight of his bloodied face. I looked around to see people still recording the incident.

"Don't you people have some sense of privacy?", I said with narrowed eyes, glancing around the cafeteria.

They realised what they were doing was wrong and just put down their phones. I sighed and brushed back my wet hair, luckily being only covered from water. I turned back to the kid to see him shallow breathing. He wasn't doing good but he'll be okay.

"Sunghoon, help me carry him to the nurse."

"What?! But-", I narrowed my eyes as he gulped and nodded.

We carried the kid to the nurse and she gasped as she saw us.

"What happened?", she asked as we rested the kid on an empty bed.

"This idiot couldn't hold himself back.", I jutted my thumb at Sunghoon who gasped.

"It's my fault? He's the one who called you that slur!", The nurse gasped, making us look at her.

"This junior called you that word?", I sighed and nodded.

"But he would never..He's a nice kid.."

"You know him?", she nodded and crossed her arms.

"He always came here with bruises and told me they were from falling down the stairs."

I see. He's being bullied. I was shocked when a skinny kid like him called me that slur. He didn't look like he wanted to say it. Like someone put him up to it.

"I'll be called up to see Jaeyun's dad soon. Ugh, he's going to kill me.", Sunghoon said, sighing.

"You can explain to him what happened. I'm sure he'll believe you. We could also get this kid to help. His words matter the most.", He thought about it and agreed that would be best.

We let the nurse take care of the kid while we were summoned to the Principal's office or rather, Jaeyun's dad.

"Can someone explain why you did that? Sunghoon?", he demanded, eyebrow raised.

"A kid went up to Jungwon, poured water on him and called him a homophobic slur. What else was I supposed to do? Ignore it?", his expression quickly changed as he understood the situation.

"I see. Then I understand. But please hold back before doing something like that."

"Yes, sir."

He sighed and sat on his chair, clearly stressed.

"What about the student? Is he okay?"

"He's okay for now. We're planning on checking up on him later."

He looked at us, confused.

"Oh, we found out he's probably being bullied and someone put him up to do what he did at the Cafeteria. We're going to find out from the kid."

"Alright, you are dismissed. I'll call up the student's parents and explain what happened."

We stood up and bowed, turning to leave the room before Jaeyun and In Yeop rushed in.

"Sunghoon!"

"Jungwon!"

They shouted at the same time and the four of us froze as we stared at each other in shock. Jaeyun made the first move and pulled Sunghoon into a hug.

In Yeop limped towards me with his crutches as he frowned and pulled me into a hug.

"Are you okay? I heard about what happened. I'm so sorry I wasn't there.", I chuckled and shook my head.

"You couldn't have expected it. Besides Sunghoon was there with me. I didn't expect him to just punch the kid like that."

"Okay guys, stop being so lovely dovey in my office. As much as I find it cute, I have work to do."

We quickly left his office and decided to go to the nurse together and get some answers from the junior. We entered the room and the boy was awake. He looked at us as his eyes widen in fear and he tried to back up. I raised my hands up in surrender.

"Hey, it's fine. We're not here to hurt you.", he looked at us unsure but decided we were good and dropped his guard.

I went over to his bedside and he looked better up close. He's actually pretty cute but Sunghoon messed up his nose and it's all bruised up.

"What's your name?", I asked him softly as he kept his head down.

"Baekseung.", Baekseung? That's a unique name.

I sat down on the chair near the bed while the other sat further away so they don't scare him.

"Can you tell me why you called me that slur? I promise I will understand.", he glanced at me and covered his face.

"Hey, it's okay. I'm not mad. I know you didn't mean what you said.", I tried convincing him and luckily he trusted me.

"I didn't mean to call you that. It's just...my crush put me up to it."

"Your crush? Is it a girl?", he shook his head and my eyes widened.

He chuckled sadly and I could see tears coming out of his eyes.

"He doesn't know I'm gay and I like him..He's the most homophobic person on the planet and yet I still like him."

His crush beats up him too?

"Does..this crush of yours beat you up?", He turned to me with wide eyes and immediately shook his head.

"No! Of course not!", I put a hand on his shoulder, calming him down.

"I'm sorry for assuming like that.", he sighed and looked away to the window.

I could tell he was lying but I decided not to pry deeper.

"You know you can always come to us if you're in trouble, right? We're your friends now, whether you like it or not.", he looked at me with a blank face for awhile before a small smile took over.

"Thank you. I've never had any friends besides my crush and Riki.."

"Hey, I think I've seen you before..", Jaeyun spoke up, making us look at him.

"You're Shim Jaeyun.", Jaeyun nodded and pointed at Baekseung.

"And you're Lee Baekseung. The boy who keeps hanging out with Sunoo and his boyfriend. You in the Water Polo team too?", My eyes went wide as I looked at him. A skinny boy like him is in the Waterpolo team?

"Yes, I'm in the Water Polo team. I can barely make the bench though. I don't know why Riki and Sunoo-hyung hangs out with me and call me their friend.", I felt sad for him and at the same time, empathy because I was like him not a long time ago.

"We call you our friend because you are.", Riki's voice made us all turn to the doorway to see Riki and his boyfriend standing there. Riki had a frown on his face.

He walked towards the bed and flicked Baekseung's forehead making him squeak.

"What was that for?!", He whined, rubbing his forehead.

"I thought I told you that crush of yours is a bad influence. Why do you still hang around him?"

Baekseung glared at Riki and I knew he was going to explode.

"Because I love him okay?! I love him! There! I said it! We've been best friends since we were little kids and I can't just leave his side like that! Why can't you people understand?!"

Riki looked hurt and Sunoo walked and came to his boyfriend's side.

"Baekseung. I know you love him but he's also a homophobe. Unless you can change his mind, it's best to cut off your friendship. You know I'm right.", Sunoo said without missing a beat.

Baekseung sighed and nodded, looking down at his lap.

"I know. I'm planning to tell him that I'm gay.", I gasped and shook my head.

"No! That's a bad idea. What if he hates you forever?", Baekseung turned to me, smiling sadly.

"I'd rather have that than him hurting my other friends."

"Aww, Baekseung..", Riki started before pulling him into a hug.

"Ow! Ow! My face!", Riki pulled away immediately and glared at Sunghoon. His eyes went wide in fear.

"W-What?", Sunghoon stuttered which I found funny.

"Did you really have to punch him so hard? Join the boxing club for that.", Sunghoon flushed and looked away, embarrassed.

"It's okay. I deserved it."

He turned to me and bowed his head slightly.

"Sorry, Jungwon-hyung. I really didn't mean what I called you. I know it was wrong and I apologise.", I laughed and shook my head.

"It's fine, Baekseung. I know you had no choice. You love him a lot so you'd do anything for him and I get that.

He smiled softly and nodded.

"Can I go home now? My mom must be so worried.."

"Oh! Umm, let me check with the nurse.", Riki stood up and went over to the nurse's office, Sunoo following him like a lost puppy.

I smiled and patted Baekseung's hair. He felt like a brother I've never had.

"You'll survive through this."

He looked up at me and smiled brightly, his face glowing even when it's all bruised.

"Thank you, hyung."

I nodded but I soon hear sounds of clacking on the floor tiles and it was my boyfriend's crutches. He limped over to me and took my arm. I looked up at him in confusion.

"We need to talk.", he said seriously, making me worried.

What could be so important?

-

a/n : new character! what do y'all think bout baekseung? is he trustworthy or is he kinda sus 👀 i mean he is fruity tho- next part will be him confessing and coming out to his crush/ best friend

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.4K 1.1K 27
" Who the hell are you ?? " " I-i a-am your new r-roommate" A new roommate this is going to be fun-- _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ DISC...
18.4K 951 34
[Book 1/2] Ever since Sunoo first laid eyes on Sunghoon, all he wanted to do was be close to him, but he can barely even look him in the eyes. So, wh...
10.6K 715 47
"I like you! is that what you wanted to hear?"-Jake A tragic incident leads to a huge fight between two bestfriends..they moved away in the hope of n...
44.9K 2.7K 12
Book 2 of Café EN- series [Complete] Jay wants him to be more than just his Secretary Main ship💛 *JayWon Side ship💚 *Sunki *Heegene ⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠ Boyxbo...