The Herd and the little girl...

By AliceGalaxy3

During in the very cold land known as the "Ice Age", a dangerous event that cause to freeze to death. Many an... More

Eleanor's Bio
How it all begin (Eleanor's Origin)
Meeting the unlikely herd
Journey to the Glacier Pass
The Lava / Bonding with the herd
Betrayal or Trust / The fight
Goodbye, Baby Roshan / Welcome to the Herd, Eleanora
Sequel! / New books that you like to read

Enter the short cut / Manny's past revealed

1.3K 19 10
By AliceGalaxy3

After they made out from the blizzard. Further into the journey, Diego walked a distance from the group, looking for where to travel next.

But as he reached a snowy hill, he spotted the human tribe, not far away. Surprised to see them there, Diego turned back and saw Manfred approaching. Diego looked around, trying to find a way to lead them away from the humans. He spotted a dark cave nearby and thought of a plan.

Diego: Hey! Great news! I found a short cut!

Manny: (Roshan slide onto Manny's trunk but he grabbed him and put him back to his back) What do you mean, short cut?

Eleanor: (Pointed at the dark cave) You mean that short cut, Diego?

Diego: I mean faster than the long way around.

Manny: Ow! I know what a short cut is.

Diego: Look, either we slip through there and beat the humans to Glacier Pass, or we take the long way and miss them.

Manny: Through there? What do you take me for?

Diego: This time tomorrow, you could be a dree mammoth or a nanny. I never get a tired of peekaboo.

Then, Sid was with them again holding some 2 icicles on her hands.

Sid: Hey guys, guys, check this out.

He pretends that the icicles was sticking around his neck and being stabbed.

Manny: Sid, the tiger found a short cut.

He stops of his pretending and saw the dark cave before he says and dropped his icicles from hands.

Sid: No thanks. I choose life.

He was about to ran away but Diego stops him.

Diego: Then, I suggest you to take the short cut.

Sid: Are you threatening me?

Diego: MOVE, SLOTH!!

However, Diego's voice echoes around the place and an ice shelf above them starts to crumble.

Sid: (Patting Diego's head) Way to go, tiger.

Eleanor: Okay, we're doom.

Manny: Quick, inside!

The group are headed inside the dark cave in hurry, as the ice shelf was now crumble. Later, they saw an icicles on the top was about to break. The group are headed back but they're trapped then the earthquake stops.

Manny: Okay, I vote shortcut.

Eleanor: That will help.

Then, one of the snow then blocked.

The group are walking around the dark cave to find the way to get out abd headed to the Glacier Pass to bring the baby back to his family.

Diego: (To Manny and Sid as they walk through the icy cave) Come on, guys. Stick together. It is easy to get lost in there.

Sid: (Ignoring Diego and focusing on the ice formations, he hits his nose really hard on a slab of ice; sticks out tongue] Uugh... [falls to the ground, unconscious. Unbeknownst to he, his tongue, which had flopped out of his mouth when knocked himself out, had stuck to the ice floor. A few seconds later, he feels woozy and tries to get up but his tongue is stuck] Ugh. [realizing, he tries to pull it off; gets free, stands up and looks around for his friends]

Sid: Uh, guys? [screams looking at a fish] Heh-heh, a fish. [screams again after he looks at the dinosaur, he then looks at his frozen ancestors and looks at a big spaceship]

Roshan: (Looking at the spaceship and makes a Spock hand figure) Ba.

Eleanor: (Does a Spock hand figure too) Space.

Manny: (To Sid) Will you keep up please? It's hard enough to keep a track of one baby.

Suddenly, without Manny to check Roshan, the baby went to the top of the ice then he slides up. Eleanor got shocked and tries to grab him but he goes down into the hole before he waved at them.

All: AAAAAHHHH!!!

Eleanor: Oh no! The baby!

The group looked down and saw Roshan was sliding through the ice walls so the group decided to catch him before it's too late.

All: (Screaming)

The group are headed down as the slide to the hole, they tried to catch him but he was too fast. The group are headed to the different hole then they flew up and went into the different tunnels; Sid, Eleanor and Baby Roshan are went into the left, Manny is went into the middle side of the tunnel and Diego went into right.

Sid and Eleanor tries to grabbed Roshan but he was too fast.

Sid: (Giggled) I gotcha!

He successfully grabbed Roshan and Eleanor cheers for him.

Eleanor: Yay!! AAAAAHHH!!!

However, Eleanor fell into the hole.

Sid: Noree!

Then, Sid fell into the hole too as the baby slides.

The Sloth jumped onto the cliff and turn upside down and Manny arrived then Sid fall over him. Diego screaming and fall off in the top then landed on Manny's butt. Manny screamed as he can feel Diego's sharp claws.

Eleanor, on the other hand, screaming and sliding onto the zigzag like slide then she flew up as she went into the hole. She was about to fall off but she was rescued by Manny.

Manny: Gotcha!

He catched Eleanor with his trunk and put on his back. The herd saw an ice wall.

Sid: Captain, iceberg ahead!

Manny: (Screaming)

The herd then landed on the ice wall, they felt safe until the ice wall was about to break from Manny's weight.

Diego: Oh no!

All: (Screaming)

The herd falls down and riding on the ice wall and they saw an ice spikes ahead. The herd screams but they were safe thanks to the ice wall.

The herd and the baby went into the icy slides. Eleanor got off Manny's back and fall over the icy slide with Sid. Manny and Diego are racing to catch the baby, Sid and Eleanor tries to catch Roshan but failed. Suddenly, Roshan then slides up and flys away much of Manny and Eleanor's shocked.

Sid turned around and he saw an ice wall ahead. Scrat put his acorn just as about to leave, he screamed and tries to pull out his acorn but Sid and Diego got crashed into the wall making a shape of the wall.

Eleanor: Aaaahhh!!

Eleanor created a force field to protect herself and crashed into the wall creating a big hole. The gang has just saved the baby and survived icy slides... then crash into a ice wall.

The gang successfully rescued the baby from the crazy icy slides. Manny, Sid and Max got serious and has a snow hat with Roshan then Diego popped out and having fun.

Diego: WHOA! WOO! YEAH! Who's up for round 2?! [Manny and Sid angrily stare at him] Oh. T- T- Tell the kid to be more careful.

Eleanor: Well, that was very fun. Let's do that again!

-Timeskip-

After the crazy icy slide that they saved the baby, the gang are headed inside the cave filled with paintings during many years before Ice Age.

The herd watched all the painting where all the animals and Humans are hunting. Sid and Eleanor saw a painting of Tigers are chasing the Antelope deer.

Sid: Whoa. Look, look. Tigers.

Roshan whimpers as he got afraid of the tigers and Eleanor went behind of Sid's back.

Eleanor: Scary!

Sid: No, it's OK, it's OK. Look, the tigers are just playing tag with the antelope. With their teeth.

Diego: Come on, Sid. Let's play tag. You're it.

Eleanor: (Poked on Diego's tail) You're it!

Diego: You got me, Kid.

Sid: [giggles] Sure. OK, OK, OK, where are the sloths? You never see any sloths. Have you ever noticed? Oh! Look, Manny, a mammoth.

Manny: Ooh, somebody pinch me.

Sid: Hey, hey, this fat one looks just like you, aw, he's got a family...oh and he's happy. Look, he's playing with his kid. See Manny? That's your problem. That's what mammoths are supposed to do.

Eleanor: I think this mammoth is looks like Manny.

Diego: Sid...

Sid: Find a she-moth, have a baby mammoths.

Eleanor: (Whispers to Sid) Umm, Sid.

Diego: Sid!

Sid: W-what?

Diego: Shut up.

Sid: But... Oh.

Eleanor: (Whispers) I think...He's remembering about his...past life.

As Manfred stared at the drawings, the still images began to move in his mind, coming alive. He remembered playing happily in a lush meadow with his wife and his child, romping in the sunshine until a horde of humans ran out of the woods, waving their spears fiercely.

Manfred faced off against the hunters, trying to hold them back with his imposing tusks. Behind him, his family ran to find shelter. Then Manfred heard a deep, terrified scream. He wheele around and saw that his mate and child were trapped against a rock wall by humans aiming spears at them.

Before Manfred could move, another group of humans dropped heavy rocks from atop the rock wall. Bellowing in anguish, Manfred saw his family being crushed by the rocks. His cries shook the land-scape, echoing off the rocks all around.

Back in the cavern, the mammoth shook his head, clearing the devastating memory from his mind. He breathed heavily, trying to regain control of his run-away emotions. Sid, Diego and Eleanor stared at Manfred with worried eyes. Then they turned back to the painting, clearing their throats uncomfortably. Manfred kept staring at the cave drawings.

He gazed at the sketch of the father mammoth cradling his young child in his trunk. Slowly, Manfred raised his own trunk toward the illustration. Before he could reach it, Roshan's tiny hand touched the drawing gently. He was standing on his feet, propped up against the cave wall.

Surprised, Manfred pulled back his trunk. He blinked at the little human boy. Roshan stroked the picture of the baby mammoth with his fingers, glancing back at the mammoth as though he was connecting the two in his mind. Then Roshan stumbled toward Manfred. Manfred caught the baby with his trunk.

He slowly lifted Roshan off the ground. He curled his trunk, hugging Roshan close, nuzzling his cheek against the baby's head. Sid sniffled, wiping a glob of snot from his nose with his paw onto Diego.

Manfred swooped Roshan onto his back then he felt a something on his leg, it was Eleanor who hugging him with a worried eyes. Manfred slightly smiled at her and swooped her onto his back, she was sitting next to Roshan. Baby Roshan looked at her with a smile and she smiled too.

She scooped him with her arms and wrapped around him with her warm cloak. Roshan laid his head on her chest and cuddled her and walked out of the cave without a word. Sid followed. Diego took one last look at the painting of the mammoth family and let out a sad sigh, then sauntered out of the cave after the others.

To be continued...

A/N: Not gonna lie, when I watched the scene about Manny's past. It was so sad seeing his mate and his child got killed by the humans. I think I cried at the scene but good thing, he have his friends to have each other's back.

Find out about Max's adventure if she has a choice to stay with the herd or will she stay with the baby and the humans? What do you guys think about Max's choice.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.5K 263 10
Noa, a human girl who was raised by sabers and just met the herd got separated from her pack and needs to get back along side with Manny, Diego, Sid...
31.3K 723 7
Y/N's your average girl with anger issues. Lover of many different fandoms, including Ice Age, Miraculous, MLP, etc. She searches through Wattpad hop...
11.6K 151 15
Manny and Ellie are preparing for the upcoming marriage between their daughter, Peaches and her good natured fiancΓ©, Julian, but Manny is unsure abou...
57.3K 855 9
After Sid pilfers some dinosaur eggs, Manny, Diego, Kitty and the rest of their prehistoric pals enter a mysterious, underground world to rescue the...