Monster King

By TheFallenRavens

It had been seven years since Nyx brutally stab his classmate. His family blamed it on his father's blood, cl... More

Chapter 2 - Urban Exploration
Chapter 3 - The Red Calender
Chapter 4 - The Black Sea
Chapter 5 - My bloods still red
Chapter 6 - Molly
Chapter 7 - The Pharaohs cat
Chapter 8 - Molly's gift
Chapter 9 - Regret
Chapter 10 - We made out in the woods?
Chapter 11 - Aunt Boa
Chapter 12 - Family
Chapter 13 - Monster lane
Chapter 14 - Osiris
Chapter 15 - The girl with red eyes
Chapter 16 - The past
Chapter 17 - The monsters heart
Chapter 18 - Monsters
Chapter 19 - Memories
Chapter 20 - Nick wants to fight, again...
Chapter 21 - Learning curves
Chapter 22 - Hades History
Chapter 23 - Fish bowl wars!
Chapter 24 - Curses
Chapter 25 - You're only human
Chapter 26 - The laughter of insanity
Chapter 27 - Shattering
Chapter 28 - My little brother
Chapter 29 - Casey's Glitties!
Chapter 30 - The broken hearted
Chapter 31 - The rythem of the soul
Chapter 32 - To be king
Chapter 33 - The white fist
Chapter 34 - Chaotic good
Chapter 35 - Karma
chapter 36 - Leaving you alone
Chapter 37 - The Monster King
Chapter 38 - The Wolf king
Chapter 39 - Orion's Library
Chapter 40 - Rejection
Chapter 41 - Selfish curse
Chapter 42 - Legends
Chapter 43 - Vampire's and Werewolves
Chapter 44 - Hell
Chapter 45 - Meeting of the Guild masters
Chapter 46 - Emotional Support ghost
Chapter 47 - Snake tracks
Chapter 48 - The thing of many faces
Chapter 49 - Tower of monster's
Chapter 50 - Goodbye Monster
Chapter 51 - Frozen solid
Chapter 52 - I don't remember you
Chapter 53 - Death siblings
Chapter 54 - Welcome to japan
Chapter 55 - Uncomfortable
Chapter 56 - Connections
Chapter 57- Novas heart
Chapter 58 - Nova vs the Pack
Halloween special: Bills house
Chapter 59 - Lonely Heroes
Chapter 60 - Monsters Kingdom
Chapter 61 - Karma's balance
Chapter 62 - The real me
Chapter 63 - The Bakenekos gift
Chapter 64 - Japan's Guardian
Chapter 65 - Kuchisake-onna
Chapter 66 - Goddess of death
Chapter 67 - Killers hands
Chapter 68 - Cats and Snakes
Chapter 69 - Serpens Caput
Chapter 70 - Visiting Nova
Chapter 71 - Novas pride
Chapter 72 - Alone
Chapter 73 - Retry
Chapter 74 - Parenting
Chapter 75 - Prince of Darkness
Chapter 76 - Fearful Venture
Chapter 77 - Snatch

Chapter 1 - The Monster

194 12 18
By TheFallenRavens

"Nyx! Nyx! Nyx!"

I groaned and tried to just ignore it. Maybe if I just pretended to be asleep Mom would just ignore me.

BANG! BANG! BANG!

I flung myself out of bed and dropped onto the floor as something hammered against my window. My heart pounded against my chest, and I started having flashbacks to every Steven king movie I'd ever seen. Once I calmed down, I worked up enough courage to take a peek at the window. And suddenly my fear was replaced with agitation.

"Nyx! Nyx! Hi!" Casey cheered from beyond the windows veil.

I grabbed my facemask from my desk and put it on, then crawled back on my bed and opened up my window. Her smile was as bright as the morning sun, and it creeped me out. You can't trust people who wake up this early and wear a smile like that.

"What are you doing?" I grumbled.

"Waking you up silly! You overslept again!" Casey replied.

"Yeah, it's called skipping school."

"Why would you do that! Your attendance would go down! You might even get detention!"

"I'll just not go."

"But you'll get suspended!"

"Oh no, I'll be forced to sit at home all day, away from human interaction. So tragic."

I grabbed the window and started to shut it, but Casey quickly caught it. We glared at each other, and I tried to force it shut. But she wasn't budging!

Damn she's strong!

"Just. Let. Me. Fail!" I grunted.

"Never! I'll be bored if you don't go!"

"Well, that's a risk I'm willing to take!"

"Umm, is this some secret love affair I should be worried about?" I heard my mother's voice slither in.

I let go of the window and fell back onto my bed.

"It's not like that!" We both squealed.

But my mother just laughed.

"Yeah, opening a window for a girl in your boxers definitely doesn't seem sketchy." She snorted.

The heat rose to my cheeks and I quickly threw a cover over my lap.

"You've gotta be kidding me.."

"I know it's your birthday and all, but we haven't even had the talk yet." She teased and walked over to me. "Maybe that can be your present!"

"Blah! Blah! Blah! I can't hear you anymore!" I cried and cupped my hands over my ears. "I'm not listening!"

Casey started laughing.

"You haven't had the talk yet!? It's really simple! When a girl and boy love each other very much!"

I started to scream over Casey.

"Ahhh! Stop! Stop! Why is this even happening!?"

My mother held onto her sides and started dying of laughter.

"That's enough Casey!" She chuckled out.

She soon composed herself and then pointed at me.

"Since it's Nyx's birthday, I'll invoke the powers of Cool Mom and let him play hooky this one time." My mother said,

If only she knew how often I really played...

I moved my hands down and cheered.

"Yes!"

"What no! You're my amigo! How will I survive!?" Casey whined.

"What are you talking about? You're popular, just hang out with your volleyball team."

She puffed out her cheeks and glared at me. But I just smirked.

"You can come over later. We're gonna have a goosebumps marathon!" Mom cheered.

"What! Really!?" I squeaked.

"Mhhmm, the complete series came in today. Plus we have to watch IT at some point too. For tradition's sake."

"You're the best!"

"Ah, how I love my adorable little Imp!" She hummed and ruffled my head. "Anyways, I made some breakfast for you, I gotta go to work. But I'll get off at five, and I'll be able to bring back some pizza hut to celebrate~" She started cha-chaing to the door with that. Then she abruptly stopped and pointed at Casey. "And you! Go to class! Your mom would totally burn me if we made you late."

Then she left.

"Right.." Casey sighed in defeat. "Bye Nyx."

I waved away at her as she dragged her feet away from the house.

I laid back down and sighed with relief. Ah, this is great. No people. I closed my eyes and started to snuggle into the bed.

"I almost forgot!"

My mom swung my door open and I nearly leaped out of my skin. She ran over to me and kneeled down against my bed, reaching her hand out toward my cheek.

"Did you clean off your scar yet?"

Even with her eyepatch, it wasn't hard to find the worry on her face.

"No, honestly I was gonna sleep some more before I did."

"Roger that, so you promise to stay home today? No going out anywhere? No investigations right?"

I raised my brow.

"Yeah, like I have anywhere to be."

She smiled and nodded.

"Well I'm going to lock up, and don't answer the door for anyone. Understand? Unless it's me of course."

I nodded again.

"Yeah, I'm totally gonna let the neighbors in and throw a wild house party." I joked.

"I'm serious Nyx, promise me you won't."

"What's the deal mom? Of course, I'll stay safe. Is something the matter? Is there a killer running around the area you didn't tell me about? Because I'll be offended if you didn't."

She reached her hand out and gently took the mask from my face. Then rested her hand on my good cheek.

"No, I just want to make sure you're safe is all. I love you."

Her eye looked into mine, and I tried to just focus on her eye and not the patch.

"I love you too." I mumbled.

She nodded and started to walk over to the door. She gave me one last smile before she left out. I waited until I heard the front door lock before I finally laid back down. Just as I got comfortable, I tasted cloth in my mouth.

"Ugh! Does the universe not want me to sleep!?"

I rolled out of bed and stomped over to the mirror. I looked over my exposed teeth on the left side of my face. My eyes traced over the crescent scar that lined the gaping hole. My hair was slightly in the way, but it still wasn't hard to spot the blue lint that rested against my teeth and gums.

"Stupid cheap mask.."

I leaned over on the dresser and lifted my hair up, and started to pick the lint off. Which was a lot harder than the last time I did this.

Just when I was about done, my phone went off. Which was strange, because I didn't have any friends. Well, except Casey I guess, and that sound wasn't Mom's special ringtone either.

I walked over and grabbed my phone, and to my surprise it was Casey. Who should be at school by now. Whatever I guess. I shrugged off and answered.

"Nyx! Nyx! It's terrible! Absolutely terrible!"

"Did you lose your stickers again?"

"What!? No! Don't even joke like that!"

I grumbled.

"Then what?"

"Our base, something wrecked it!"

"Huh? It was probably just a wild animal or something."

"No, it's weird! I swear! It even got into the basement!"

I raised my brow, I definitely shut the door last night....didn't I?

"Casey, be very careful, the homeless might be there then. It could be dangerous."

"No, I don't think so. I'll send pictures to show you what I mean."

"Casey no wait you need to-" She hung up, " leave.."

I sighed and leaned against the dresser. I've never forgotten to shut the door before, and why would some homeless dude wreck our stuff anyways?

After a bit I finally got the ding for text messages. I unlocked my phone and a chill ran down my spine. All my drawings, books, snacks, and even my hammock was slashed to bits!

"What the hell.."

Why would a homeless guy slash up food and a hammock? Wait, maybe he let an animal inside.

I kept scrolling through the photos, and I noticed something that made my heart race. In every room me and Casey used together, not a single thing of hers was touched.

'Casey, is any of your stuff touched?' I texted back.

'Nope! They knocked over my pink paint bucket :( but that's all.' She texted.

Now that's really strange. Maybe, whatever did this wasn't normal.

'Do you think the ghosts have come back? Maybe we should investigate!' She texted.

A smile etched itself across my lips. Maybe the universe is looking out for me after all.

...

It didn't take long for me to trek down to the base. Where I found Casey standing outside like a smart girl, with our cat in her arms.

"I'm glad you didn't stay inside the murder house."

"I'm not like you. I don't like chasing creepy things alone." She giggled.

I nodded and walked over to the huge place. The old mansion loomed over me like I was an ant in the grass. For the first time in years, I got excited staring at the front door. Just beyond that door was a mystery for me to solve.

I went to take a step forward, and felt something tug at my ankles. I looked down and found my feline friend tugging me back. If this wasn't a sign to not go in, I don't know what was. Even having that sign, every part of me still wanted to go. I kneeled down and picked Thomas up.

"Sorry Thomas, but curiosity killed the cat. So you'll definitely have to stay out here."

"His name is Fred." Casey huffed.

I looked down to Thomas, and then we both turned toward her. She had her arms folded, and looked rather serious for once.

"Right...just watch Thomas for me."

"Fred!"

I rolled my eyes and walked toward the front door, which seemed to be in normal condition.

"You said you already walked through here right?"

"Mhhmm!"

"Hmm, maybe I should sneak inside just in case."

They might be expecting her to come back in through the door, so I should sneak in through the window. I moved my hood over my head and snuck around to the side of the house. I opened up the kitchen window and crept inside.

Let the investigation begin.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120 23 4
A world that no human as seen..... a world that no human has ever survived in ..... a dark world that no human has ever lived to tell the true tale...
50.8K 2.2K 62
"Beauty can be a blessing or a...Curse. people who believe in Faith, soulmates and love are really lucky, because it's proves that they dream. They a...
2.3M 126K 36
I'd Like to think I was a good person, before it all began. I didn't cheat on tests, or steal. But throughout my entire life, I was treated if I wer...
1K 250 23
Samantha never thought that her life would turn into something she doesn't believe in. A life she never imagined to be. But who knows? Only the might...