Always Been There 채니

By chaennies

Campus celebrity Jennie Kim and shy film major Rosé Park cross paths during their last few months at college... More

Back at it Again
Chapter 1 - Sleepy Girl
Chapter 2 - Charitable Mood
Chapter 3 - Cat Tent
Chapter 4 - 50 Yard Line
Chapter 5 - Table for Three
Chapter 6 - For Free
Chapter 7 - Managing
Chapter 8 - Let's Bet
Chapter 9 - Sugar Rush
Chapter 10 - Wooing Protocol
Chapter 11 - Bitch Switch
Chapter 12 - Red Manhattan
Chapter 13 - VIP
Chapter 14 - Special Friendship
Chapter 15 - Paula Abdul
Chapter 16 - Ice Cream
Chapter 17 - Iron
Chapter 18 - Devil's Spawn
Chapter 19 - Amnesia
Chapter 20 - Slumber Party
Chapter 21 - Pathetic
Chapter 23 - Hollywood
Chapter 24 - You and Me
Chapter 25 - Home
Intermission
Epilogue - Always Been There

Chapter 22 - Plan B

2.5K 123 68
By chaennies

Jennie looked up and scanned her classroom to make sure no one was looking anywhere but their test. She knew no one had the guts to cheat in her class, she had spent all semester making sure of that. However, she still made sure her Freshman class knew they were being watched.

When she was sure everyone had their eyes on their own paper, she went back to her computer screen. She had spent most of the hour reading up on Black Label Studios trying to find out just how bad of a situation it was in. Much to her dismay, she found out the studio was in worse shape than she expected. The studio had suffered through a series of failed movies and had lost its once prestigious reputation. Many Hollywood reporters had written it off.

Jennie sighed.

She had been serious when she told Rosé she would pay off her contract to keep her in L.A. There was no way she was going to be separated from Rosé for two years, not when they had finally gotten the chance to really be together.

She shook her head. This was all premature. Rosé and Lisa would help save this studio and Rosé would stay in L.A. It had been four days since Rosé and Lisa had read the script and they were more than sure than ever it would make a great movie. Jennie had gotten a call from her literary manager and was told that everything was now official. Jennie could now add scriptwriter to her resume.

One good thing about selling the script was that she had gotten a good chunk of change for the damn thing which she was planning on saving just in case she really did need to buy out Rosé's contract.

It never hurt to have a Plan B.

Her thoughts were interrupted by one of her students who came by to drop of his test.

"Here you go Ms. Kim," he whispered.

"Done so fast?" Jennie asked, surprised this particular student had been the first one to finish. That was not a good sign.

He just shrugged, left his test, and walked out the door.

Before Jennie could turn her attention back to her computer, her phone buzzed. It was a text from Rosé.

First. I miss you. - RP

Jennie smiled. She got another text.

Second. Everyone loves your script and is excited about making it into a movie. - RP

Jennie's smile faded. She got another text.

Third. Something else happened that I'm not sure if you'll like. Or maybe you won't care. - RP

Jennie raised an eyebrow. She texted Rosé back.

First. I miss you too. Second. Congrats on getting a movie to make, even if it is mine. Third. What news? - JK

I'd rather tell you in person. - RP

Jennie was getting a little worried.

It's not about us, is it? - JK

Oh no! No! It's all work. You and I are on top of the universe. - RP

Jennie let out a relieved sigh. Despite knowing she and Rosé were now officially together and happy, there was still that tiny part of her that couldn't believe it was happening.

You can tell me when I pick you up. - JK

Jennie was interrupted by another student coming up to leave her test.

"How come you can text and we can't?" the girl asked.

"Because I'm the boss." Jennie took the girl's test and dismissed her student.

Jennie put her phone away and tried not to think about this news Rosé had. She had a feeling this script was going to be a pain in the ass to deal with and was sure she'd regret writing the damn thing.

###

Rosé walked into her office and went to sit at her chair. She had had a full day full of meetings. Now that Jennie had officially sold them the script, they could begin pre-production of this movie, and that included casting.

That's actually what this last meeting had been all about. Tiffany had managed to ink a deal with Irene Bae and her team and Tiffany had already sent a copy of Jennie's script to Irene. Rosé also hadn't told Jennie about Irene yet. She didn't want to remind her girlfriend of the actress if she didn't have to but she figured there was no ignoring Irene now.

Lisa was pissed. Rosé was too. The last thing she wanted was to work with Jennie's ex and besides, Rosé had really started to like the idea of bringing Joy on board.

Lisa had managed to make an appointment with Joy to discuss the script and try to convince her to work with Black Label.

Rosé looked at the clock and was happy to see it was almost time to go home. Jennie would be here soon and just the thought of seeing her made Rosé smile.

Jennie had picked her up every day this week followed by dinner at Jennie's house or a restaurant They had agreed to spend the week just getting to know each other again and put sexy times on hold until the weekend.

She couldn't stay over anyway because of work. Jennie had early classes and Rosé needed a ride to the studio at odd hours so she just sleep at home so Lisa could take her to work. She really needed to buy a car.

Rosé opened her laptop and did a final check of her email. There was a new one from Tiffany.

Meeting: Irene Bae

Great, she thought. Tiffany was really excited about getting Irene and, yes, Irene was slightly more famous than Joy and had slightly more buzz around her, but that didn't mean Irene was a good actress.

"Joy's way better," She muttered.

"Better at what?"

Rosé jumped a little, startled at her sudden visitor. "Jennie!"

"Hi," Jennie chuckled, "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you."

"There you go still appearing out of nowhere." Rosé got up and went to give Jennie a hug. "Hi."

Jennie returned Rosé's hug and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "Hi." She kept her arms around Rosé's waist. "What's this about Joy Park?"

"That's she's a better actress."

"Debatable. Better than Meryl Steep? Hell, no. Better than Kristen Stewart? Maybe."

Rosé gave Jennie a small smile before lightly kissing the tip of her nose. She let go of Jennie and went to her desk to start packing up her things.

"Rosie?" Jennie saw the mood in Rosé change. Something was up.

"Umm...so this is kinda funny," Rosé began. She closed her laptop and put it in her bag. "Not like 'ha ha' funny but more like 'weird' funny."

"What is?"

Rosé zipped up her bag and looked at Jennie. "Well, maybe not 'weird' funny but for sure, 'surprise' funny. I mean, the last thing we expected was to hear about her again..."

"Rosie. What's so funny?"

"Irene."

"Who the hell is Irene?" Jennie was really confused. She was getting pretty good at deciphering Rosé speak but she still had a lot to learn.

"Bae."

"Who the hell is Bae?"

"It's the same person," Rosé clarified, "Irene Bae."

Jennie was more than confused, she was surprised. "My ex-girlfriend Irene Bae?"

Rosé nodded.

Jennie opened her mouth to say more, but nothing came out. Irene Bae. Jennie hadn't thought about her in years. She had occasionally heard about Irene in various entertainment news sites or shows, but for the most part, Jennie had almost forgotten she had even known the actress. Now, out of nowhere, Rosé was talking about her.

The movie.

"Oh no," Jennie shook her head in protest, "Don't you tell me that..."

"Tiffany got her under contract and wants to put her in our movie." Rosé watched as the vein in Jennie's neck began to throb.

"Well, Tiffany can find some other C-list celebrity to be in this movie," Jennie shouted, "It's bad enough it's getting made in the first place but to have more people from college actually making it, is like some fucked up cosmic joke!"

Jennie groaned and began pacing. This was getting ridiculous.

"Why are you so mad?" Rosé hadn't expected Jennie to be this angry. Maybe a little upset, but Jennie looked like she wanted to murder someone.

"I'm not exactly thrilled yet another person in the story is making an appearance." Jennie huffed.

Irene was also a character in her story, but in her story, Irene was a guy.

"Well, sorry this is turning into such a pain for you," Rosé said calmly. She picked up her bag and began walking to the door.

Jennie grabbed Rosé's arm. "Rosie, wait." The anger she felt suddenly gone at seeing Rosé's solemn expression. "I'm not mad at you."

"Then why are you yelling?" Rosé bit her lip.

"I just...all I want is to put my past behind me and concentrate on my future. Our future. You and me. I don't want to relive my time with Irene. I don't want to relive losing you. And hearing Irene being involved with this...it just...it sucks."

"She still has to do a screen test," Rosé said, "She may just get a small role. I'm not sure yet. Look, I don't want to work with her either. Making that acting video for her back in college was not fun. She's probably even more super snobby and bitchy now. And, I hate that I was so jealous of her back in college."

"You were? Why?"

"Because she was with you," Rosé said like it was the most obvious thing in the world. "When you guys became the 'It' couple on campus, it was hard not to hear about your couple adventures." Rosé crossed her arms.

Jennie knew she shouldn't smile, but she couldn't help it. "You were jealous she was with me?"

"I spent half my college time jealous of any girl who got to date you." Rosé shrugged her shoulders.

Jennie wrapped her arms around Rosé's neck and gave her a kiss. "I can't even picture any of those other girls now, all I see is you. You don't have to be jealous of anyone."

Rosé relaxed and uncrossed her arms to wrap them around Jennie's waist. She playfully rolled her eyes and smiled. "I did get the girl."

"You did," Jennie said with a laugh. "You and me, OK?"

"OK." Rosé leaned in and captured Jennie's lower lip in between hers. Jennie's lips were made to be nibbled and kissed. "You and me."

"Come on," Jennie said pulling back, "Let's go to dinner and you can tell me more about Irene being in this movie."

"So you're not mad at me?"

"No, babe," Jennie assured, "I know this isn't your fault and I said I'd do anything to help you with this movie. If that means seeing Irene again, I'll do it. I tend to always go to the yelling place."

"You need to stop going there so much." Rosé reached down and grabbed Jennie's hand and led her out of her office. "You should go to Happyville. It's way better."

Jennie let out a chuckle. "If it's the place you always go to, I'm sure it's awesome."

They reached Jennie's car and got in. As Jennie was pulling out of Rosé's parking space she remembered something. "Wait, when you said Joy was a better actress...did, are you casting Joy in my movie?"

"Our movie," Rosé corrected, "And yes. Lisa and I are thinking she could play you."

"Son of a bitch," Jennie sighed, "And I thought Irene being in the movie was the worst news I could have heard."

###

"What do you want for dessert?" Jennie asked.

Without skipping a beat, Rosé simply answered, "You."

Jennie put the dessert menu down and chuckled. "Stop. We made a deal."

"I know," Rosé pouted, "But I can finally have sex with you and I've already wasted all these days."

Jennie actually felt the same way. It had only been about four days since they were together, but it felt like an eternity. "I know, but I don't want to make love to you and then one of us has to leave because of our different work schedules."

"You just want to cuddle all night," Rosé teased.

"Hey," Jennie warned, "That stays between us."

"OK, fine. But you're right. It's awesome waking up next to you in the morning." Rosé smiled at the memory of their first time together.

They had spent most of the dinner discussing the movie and the casting. Jennie wasn't too thrilled to have either Joy or Irene play the version of her in the story. But Jennie figured Joy was the lesser of two evils.

For dessert, they opted to share a slice of chocolate cake.

"So." Rosé licked the frosting off her fork. "I was thinking we could have like a party and invite everyone and tell them we're official."

"I'm pretty sure everyone knows by now, Rosie," Jennie said with a smile, "We do have three of the biggest gossips for friends. Baekhyun, Jihyo and Ashley."

"I know, but I sort of want to show you off as my girlfriend."

And once again, Jennie felt herself blushing like some teenager. "So you just want to make out with me in front of everyone?"

"Well, not a total make-out session," Rosé said seriously "But some kissing. No tongue though cause that's private."

Jennie covered her mouth to keep from fully laughing out loud. She looked over at Rosé who was grinning like the Cheshire Cat. "I fucking love you so much." Jennie managed to say between bouts of laughter.

By the time Jennie drove Rosé home, her cheeks hurt from laughing and smiling so much. Being with Rosé was amazing and made Jennie believe Happyville was actually real.

Once Jennie had the car parked in the driveway, Rosé unbuckled her seat belt and leaned across the counsel to give Jennie a kiss. "I fucking love you too."

Jennie returned the kiss with just as much enthusiasm. "You know, I have a late class on Fridays so I can stay over."

"Ugh. I have to go in early," Rosé groaned, "And Lisa and I have to prep for Irene's meeting."

"Oh, right." Jennie was disappointed. "OK, but tomorrow, when I pick you up, make sure you have an overnight bag because I'm not taking you home. You're my hostage for the weekend."

"Yes, ma'am," Rosé smirked. She gave Jennie one last kiss before pulling back.

"Tell me how it goes," Jennie said.

"I will."

When Rosé opened the door to get out, Jennie spoke. "Rosie, umm, I'm doing a reading next week at school..."

"You still do those?" Rosé thought back to one and only time she had heard one of Jennie's readings.

"Yeah," Jennie said suddenly feeling shy, "Anyway, it's next week and I was wondering if you maybe want to go."

"Of course! I'll be there for sure."

Seeing how genuinely excited Rosé was at attending made Jennie's heart soar. "Thank you."

"I love hearing you talk and I love your work," Rosé said, "It's a win-win."

"You won't fall asleep?" Jennie teased.

"Are other people going to be speaking?"

"A few others, yeah."

Rosé thought for a moment. "Well, I can't promise to stay awake for their reading, but I'll for sure be awake for yours."

Jennie was sure she would develop premature wrinkles from all the smiling and laughing she did around Rosé. It was totally worth it. "You better. Now, get out of here before I pounce on you."

Rosé gave Jennie a wink and got out of the car.

###

Rosé entered The Red Barron and looked around for Lisa. Their meeting with Irene had been pushed back to the late afternoon, which turned out to be perfect timing. The change in the schedule had given Rosé and Lisa a chance to meet with Joy first and try to convince her to be in their movie.

She spotted Lisa at one of the booths to near the back and walked to her. She was alone.

"Is Joy peeing or something?" Rosé sat down across from Lisa.

"She just texted me. She's stuck in traffic and will be here in 10 minutes." Lisa had two drinks in front of her and she pushed one towards Rosé. "I ordered you an iced tea."

"Awesome." Rosé took a sip. "OK, so I told Jennie about Irene and she was not happy."

"I figured," Lisa sighed, "The only one happy about this is Tiffany."

"Why does she want Irene in this movie? She sucks." Rosé took another sip of her drink.

"Irene gets papped. She gets tabloids and the trades to talk about her," Lisa explained, "That's what Tiffany wants."

"But Joy is a way better actress," Rosé said.

"I totally agree. But Joy doesn't have the publicity Irene does." Lisa looked worried. "I know we need to make a movie that makes money, but with this script, I think we can really get some sort of Oscar buzz. I'd rather have that than some vapid money-making movie."

"Me too," Rosie said softly.

Joy did indeed show up in ten minutes full of apologies. "I am so sorry." She took a seat next to Rosé and composed herself. "Tardiness is not professional, and I do apologize, but this is L.A. Traffic is unpredictable."

"It's fine Joy," Lisa smiled, "I'm just glad you could meet with us."

"Well, I just had to," Joy said, "I mean, after reading that script you sent me, I knew I had to talk to you two about it."

"So you liked it?" Rosé asked.

"It's amazing," Joy looked very excited, "It's very dark and kind of depressing, but in a good way. I'd love to play the main character. She's so complex."

Rosé and Lisa smiled.

"Did you happen to see the writer's name on the script?" Rosé asked.

"Oh no." Joy shook her head. "I don't read the name of the writer. I find that not knowing allows me to have a completely unbiased opinion of the script. Who wrote it?"

"Jennie," Rosé said proudly.

"Kim?" Joy looked stunned.

"The one and only," Rosé said proudly.

"Jennie Kim?" Joy asked again, "Huh. Well, considering how moody Jennie is her writing this depressing movie makes sense."

Lisa seemed very excited to get Joy on board. "Is that the script that gets you to sign with us?"

Joy folded her hand on the table. "Honestly, I would have gone with you guys even if you had presented me with a semi-good script. I mean, I know we've been on and off friends since college, but I do consider you friends. I want to help you restore Black Label any way I can."

Lisa smiled. "Thank you Joy."

"Besides," Joy went on, "I would be known as the star that saved a whole studio."

"And there's the Joy I remember," Lisa said with a laugh.

"We're going to try to get you that lead," Rosé added, "Tiffany got Irene Bae to..."

"Wait!" Joy put up her hand. "Irene Bae? Tabloid Bitch Queen?"

"Tell us how you really feel about her," Lisa teased.

"Am I...will I have to audition against Irene?" Joy almost looked offended. "I was under the impression this role was mine."

"It is!" Rosé said quickly, "Just...we need you to do a screen test for our boss, Tiffany Hwang. But it's totally cool, cause once she sees how awesome you are she'll forget all about Irene. Promise."

Joy looked like she was seriously thinking this over. Rosé almost expected her to get up and walk away. But she didn't.

"If this were anyone else, I'd say no," Joy finally said, "But, like I said, you're my friends. I'll do your screen test. I'm a much better actress than that tabloid bait."

"Awesome!" Rosé felt like they were on the right track.

###

Jennie was on her way to Nam's office. He was finally back from the North Pole, or wherever the fuck he and his wife said they were going. Jennie wasn't paying attention. She was still all about forming a Plan B.

Sure, she'd gladly give up her life savings to keep Rosé in L.A. but at the same time, that money could be used to build a future with Rosé. Get a bigger house and maybe even have some kids.

"Whoa." Jennie stopped in the middle of the hallway and just thought about what she had just, well thought about.

Kids.

Kids? Children. Little versions of oneself. Jennie sort of liked kids but she never really pictured herself as a mom. But the idea of having kids with Rosé actually made her smile. Yeah, Rosé was her future. There was no doubt about that.

"Come in!"

Jennie wasn't sure when she had started walking again, but she had and had somehow knocked on Nam's door. She came in and went to sit on the chair in front of Nam's desk.

"Ah, Jennie," Eric said, looking happy to see her, "I'm so glad to see you. Listen, thank you so much for filling in at the pet fair. As a thank you, I brought you a replica of Ayers Rock."

Australia. That's where he went, she thought. "Umm, thanks." She took the replica and placed it on her lap.

"So, you said you wanted to talk about some of your options."

"Right." Jennie took a breath. "So, OK. You know I love this school and love teaching here..."

"You're not quitting are you?" Eric asked, looking alarmed.

"No! God no," Jennie said, "I'm just...I know we have a transfer program with some of our sister schools on the East Coast and I was wondering...if I was interested in that program, you know, to teach at one of those schools...who would I talk to?"

"You want to teach on the East Coast?"

"Maybe," Jennie said, "I know Sunny Lee has some sort of arrangement where she gets to teach in New York every summer and I was just wondering if, maybe, that was an option for me."

"You want to teach summer school in New York?"

"Not just summer school." Jennie sighed. "I'm just going to be honest with you, Eric. My girlfriend might have to move back to New York for two years and I don't want to do the whole long-distance relationship. I just can't. So, I want to know if I can maybe teach in New York for two years then come back here and finish out my career."

Will leaned back in his chair and let out a breath. "Look, Jennie, I'll be honest with you. I know your ultimate goal is to be dean of this school, and I think you can. But..."

"But what?"

"But...leaving this school for two years or longer may end up hurting you," Eric said, "You're making great progress here now. The English department loves you and you're a big part in keeping this school as one of the best in the state. You can be dean within the next five years. Figgins is itching to retire early. If you stay. If you leave, well, there are a few here who would shoot to the top of the list for dean."

Jennie clutched her replica. Her dream had always been to be dean of this school while being a successful author. That's all she cared about before Rosé.

Now, she needed to rethink her priorities.

###

Rosé and Lisa had just finished setting up all the necessary arrangements to officially get Joy signed. There were still some contract details to sort but for the most part, they had gotten what they wanted.

There was only one hurdle now. Irene.

"Do you think she'll recognize us?" Rosé asked. She and Lisa entered the main conference room and as usual, they were the first to arrive.

"Probably not me," Lisa said, "We barely interacted. You on the other hand...it's hard to forget Rosé Park."

"That's true," Rosé simply said.

Not five minutes later Tiffany entered the room followed by two agents and right behind them was Irene Bae. Rosé looked her up and down and hated that Irene was just as gorgeous as ever. It was like she hadn't aged at all but at the same time gotten more sophisticated. Irene had that "It" factor everyone in Hollywood wanted.

"And here they are," Tiffany said, "My two superstars. This is Ros..."

"Rosé Park!" Irene walked over to Rosé and hugged her. "Look at you. How are you?"

Rosé was stunned. She didn't really expect Irene to remember her let alone be this nice. "Uh, hi."

"It's so good to see you." Irene's smile grew bigger when she looked to the side and saw Lisa. "Lisa Manoban. You sure came a long way from being Sunny Lee's assistant."

Rosé looked over at Lisa and almost laughed at the confused expression on her face when Irene hugged her too.

"Hey," was all Lisa said.

"I'm so excited to be working with you." Irene took a seat and everyone else followed suit.

Rosé was still trying to wrap her head around what has happened. Irene was being so nice and friendly. Maybe she changed, Rosé thought, it has been six years and we're all grownups now.

"So are we," Tiffany said, "We're very excited to be making this movie especially since it's from a first-time screenwriter so that's always a good attention getter."

"You know who wrote it right?" Rosé studied Irene's face for a hint of, well, anything.

"The name says Jennie Kim," Irene said with a small smile, "And I wondered if it was my ex-girlfriend Jennie but had a hard time believing she actually wrote it. She was more into books and literature and hated anything to do with movies and acting."

"That's not true," Rosé said under her breath.

"Then," Irene went on, "I heard you two were making this and that convinced me this really was written by the Jennie Kim I knew."

"It is," Lisa confirmed.

Rosé didn't like the smile that appeared on Irene's face. "How funny that we all got reunited like this."

"Hilarious," Rosé sighed.

"Will Jennie be involved in making this movie?" Irene asked, "Like be on set with re-writes and all that?"

Rosé narrowed her eyes. "Why?"

"Well, I'd love to see her and catch up," Irene said sweetly, "It's been ages."

"That can be arranged," Tiffany chimed in, "How about we all have dinner tomorrow night? My place."

"Tomorrow?" Lisa leaned forward, "It's just short notice, I'm sure Irene has other engagements."

"Nonsense," Irene said, "Count me in. I'd love to attend a mini college reunion."

"Great!" Tiffany picked up her phone, "I'll get everything ready."

Shit, Rosé thought, I wonder how mad Jennie will be this time.

###

Jennie checked on the chicken she had baking in the oven to make sure it wasn't burned to a crisp. Almost done. She went back to the counter to finish up making the accompanying salad.

Rosé had called her and told her not to pick her up today because she had to work late. Jennie found herself actually disappointed but also glad she wouldn't have to deal with the traffic. Rosé said she'd just have Lisa drop her off when she was done.

She was so glad for the weekend and to be able to spend more time with Rosé. They had so much to talk about. Before she could get too lost in her thoughts, there was a knock at the door.

Jennie quickly went to answer the door and was greeted with the best sight in the world.

"Hi, wifey. I'm home," Rosé said with a giggle. She took in Jennie's appearance and didn't think she could look more adorable. Her hair in a messy ponytail, she had jeans and a red shirt, and she was wearing a cooking apron. "You look like a hot Martha Stewart in that apron."

Jennie pulled Rosé in and shut the door. "I'm being a good girlfriend and cooking you dinner." Jennie put her arms around Rosé's neck and placed a kiss on her lips. "How was work, hubby?"

Rosé laughed and hugged Jennie. She was loving this. It was like they were playing house. "Good and bad, but mostly good. How about for you?"

"Same. But mostly good." Jennie kissed Rosé again. Never in a million years could she picture herself being so domestic. Honestly, she never thought she had it in her but with Rosé it seemed to come naturally.

Rosé dropped her bag to the floor and hugged Jennie tighter. She already felt her heart trying to pump out of her chest and her skin already felt hot. Only Jennie could make her feel like this. She deepened the kiss and moaned.

Jennie already felt the ache between her legs start and she had to put a stop to this before it got out of hand. "Mmm, babe...stop." Jennie gently pulled back. "Dinner is almost ready."

"I'd rather have you for dinner," Rosé husked.

"Fuck," Jennie breathed, "Don't say things like that."

"It's true." Rosé moved to run her tongue up Jennie's neck.

Jennie was sure she was melting or at least floating away because she couldn't feel her legs anymore. With all her might, she pushed Rosé away. "Later. I promise. We'll be each other's dessert."

Rosé bit her lip.

"But for now," Jennie went on, "I worked hard to make us a nice dinner so let's go eat before it gets burned."

"OK." Rosé smiled. "Sorry. I guess I'm just starving for you sweet lady kisses since it's been like forever since we were together."

"I know," Jennie said taking Rosé's hand, "Come on. Let's eat and you can tell me about seeing Irene today."

Rosé groaned and followed Jennie to the dining room.

###

Rosé picked up a drumstick and took a big bite. This had to be the best chicken she had ever tasted. "Bo mood"

"What?" Jennie chuckled

Rosé swallowed. "So good. Seriously, Jennie, you are like a Top Chef genius. This chicken is amazing and these roasted potatoes are like heaven."

Jennie sat up a little straighter, feeling extremely proud of herself. She knew she was a good cook, but knowing Rosé loved her cooking made her feel strangely happy. "Thanks Rosie."

"If you keep cooking for me like this, I'm going to have to marry you." Rosé stabbed a roasted potato with her fork and brought it to her mouth. She could eat these all day.

Jennie's breath hitched and she felt her whole body heat up. She let out a nervous chuckle. "I'm..I'm glad you like it."

"Love it!" Rosé ate another piece of potato. She could get used to this. Coming home from work to Jennie and a nice dinner. Though, Rosé didn't want Jennie to think she had to do all the cooking. Rosé made a mental note to cook for Jennie one day and make her the world-Famous Rosé turkey burger.

"So," Jennie said, "Now that you're all nice and fed, are you going to tell me what happened with Irene?"

Rosé picked up her iced tea and took a sip, washing down the last bit of roasted potato. "OK. Don't get mad."

Jennie tensed. "Did Irene say something to upset you?"

"No, no." Rosé shook her head. "Not really. I mean, she was super nice. She remembered me and Lisa and even gave us hugs."

Jennie didn't hide her surprise. "Irene? Bae? Nice?"

Rosé nodded. "She was very excited to do this movie."

"Does she know I wrote it?"

"Yeah, umm, she figured it was you." Rosé bit her lip.

"OK. So, why would I be mad?"

"So, the thing is, that Tiffany is having a dinner tomorrow night for us, the ones making this movie," Rosé explained, "And they want you there since you're the writer."

"A party?" Jennie put her fork down and leaned back. "A Hollywood party?"

"Irene asked about you," Rosé said not hiding her dislike, "Wanted to know if you'd be on set."

"I wasn't planning on being there," Jennie said, "Well, except for when I visit you, but I work on a movie? No. I don't have time for that. I have school to keep me busy."

"That's what I told Tiffany after our meeting, but she insists you be on set a couple of days a week," Rosé said.

"Why?" Jennie had to concentrate on school, not some movie if she wanted to keep on track with being dean.

"Because Irene wants you to be," Rosé said softly, "And right now, Irene is the biggest star on this project."

Jennie let out a sigh and rolled her eyes. "Well, fuck Irene. I'm not working on some set just because Irene wants me there. And why the hell would she? We haven't spoken since college."

Rosé shrugged. "Maybe she just wants to catch up? Come to this party with me and you can tell Irene and Tiffany that you have a job and can't be on set."

Jennie leaned forward. "I'll go to this party. For you. And if you need me to be on set, I will be. But I won't be there for Irene or Tiffany."

Rosé smiled and reached across the table to take Jennie's hand. "I might need you on set for some sexy time."

Jennie relaxed and laughed. "Any time." She lifted Rosé's hand and kissed it. "Look Rosé, I meant what I said, I'll do anything to help you make this movie and keep you here with me."

"I love you." Rosé felt like she wanted to cry.

"And if, this movie doesn't work out for whatever reason," Jennie said, "I'll move to New York with you, and we..."

"Whoa wait," Rosé interrupted, "You would quit your job at UCLA?"

"I..I looked into that exchange program for teachers," Jennie said, "You know, the one Sunny is part of and it sounds great. I would just have to rearrange some things but..."

Rosé squeezed Jennie's hand. "But, you're like the head of the Literature department...can you get the same position at another school?"

Jennie shrugged. "I don't know. Probably not but I can still teach."

Rosé pulled her hand away and shook her head. "No. I can't let you do that. You've got a good career at that school, and I won't let you ruin it cause of me. No."

"Rosie," Jennie protested, "I love you, OK? I don't want us to be apart for two years. And besides, this is just a Plan B that we may never use because you are going to make this movie into a big hit and save this studio."

"You're not quitting your job," Rosé said firmly, "You're not."

Jennie gave Rosé her sweetest smile. "OK. Well, then tell me about this party we have to go to then."

"Tomorrow. I don't want to talk about work anymore."

"What do you want to talk about then?"

Rosé thought about it for a second. "Tell me...tell me you're most embarrassing moment from childhood."

Jennie grinned. "We could be here all night."

"Fine by me. I've got nowhere else to be."

Jennie chuckled and began to tell Rosé about the time she fell off the monkey bars in front of her whole class and ripped her pants.

###

Rosé brushed aside some of Jennie's hair and kissed her neck. She was the big spoon.

After dinner, they had cleaned up and had a glass of wine out in the backyard and just talked about anything and everything. By nine, Rosé was pulling Jennie into the bedroom. "Dessert time."

Jennie sighed and leaned back into Rosé. "Remember. Me loving to cuddle stays between us."

Rosé giggled into Jennie's ear. "It'll be our little secret." She kissed Jennie's neck again. "You're all sweaty."

"You gave me quite a workout." Jennie turned to face Rosé. "You're all sweaty too."

Rosé leaned forward and licked Jennie's shoulder. "Mmmm. Sexy sweat."

Jennie placed her hand behind Rosé's neck and brought her up for a kiss. There was no way she could be apart from Rosé for two years, she was sure it couldn't be done. She hugged Rosé closer and felt an overwhelming need to continue kissing her and never stop.

Rosé felt Jennie's kiss become more frantic. Not sexy frantic, but more desperate frantic. She managed to pull back and cup Jennie's face. "Are you OK?"

"I'm just..." Jennie took in a breath. "I just started thinking about you moving away and not being able to be with you every day...and..."

"Hey, listen. It's going to be OK." Rosé placed a kiss on Jennie's forehead. "I promise. We'll figure this out. No way I can be 3,000 miles away from you. And your cooking."

Jennie couldn't help but laugh. "I'm being a drama queen, aren't I?"

"No," Rosé said softly, "I don't like the idea of not seeing you every day. So...that's why I'm going to make a kick-ass movie and keep my job here."

"Yes, you will." Jennie moved to lay on top of Rosé. She settled herself between Rosé's legs and relished in the amazing feeling of their naked bodies together. "We'll go to that party and kiss some Hollywood ass."

"Only I have to kiss ass." Rosé tucked a strand of hair behind Jennie's ear. "You just have to be my trophy girlfriend."

"I can do that," Jennie said with a smile.

Rosé ran her thumb along Jennie's lower lip. "I think I'm in the mood for more dessert."

"I can do that," Jennie repeated before leaning forward and devouring Rosé's lips.

***

If my account ever gets banned, I just want to say thank you for reading the stuff I did and I appreciate every single one of you 😚😜

Anyways what was/is your cliche social standing in high school? Shockingly I was part of the "jock" category and had famous friends even tho I'm not really that socially adept.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.8K 1.2K 26
Jisoo and Jennie moves back to Seoul,Jisoo tried to love Jennie,as they decided to raise a family.Not until Chaeyoung comes back,with an unexpected r...
190K 5.2K 38
One summer changed their life but what will happen if their paths crossed again? #1 -#lisamanoban (02-2020) ❤️
52.9K 1.3K 25
Lisa and Rosé instantly connect during their first day of senior year, but there is something Rosé isn't willing to let go of quite yet. ■■■■■■■■■ A...
7.3K 176 11
COMPLETED Do read the first book if you haven't. Here's the sequel. • Jennie's comeback has been a success and continues to break records around the...