A Fairytale In The Making

By Vakhaha

She grew up in the clutches of poverty; He was raised in the lap of luxury. She hated nobles; He couldn't be... More

1. SLEEPING DEITY
2. BEAUTY AND THE GOD
3. CINDERELLA
4. WONDERFUL WIZARD OF AZURA
5. THE LITTLE RED RIDING BIRD
6. JOURNEY TO THE ACADEMY
7. SUN, MOON AND ISOLDE
8. THE KING OF THE BLESSED RIVER
9. THE WIND AND THE LADY
10. SAAT BHAI CHAMPA
11. THE TALE OF PRINCESS EBONI
CHARACTER AESTHETICS
12. THE CLUMSY THIEF
13. THE DRAGON OF THE SUN
14. STOMPS AND SURPRISES
15. ISOLDE AND THE SPHINX
16: THE WOLF AND THE GIRL
17. THE STAR VERDICT
18. RICH HEART OF STONE
19. THE ATTRACTIVENESS OF THE SLEEPY HOLLOW
CHARACTER AESTHETIC
20.CRANE'S RETURM OF AN IDENTITY
21. MIDGET MULAN
22. NOBLE KIDS AND BETAL
23. SNOW WHITE AND THE SEVEN SWEATERS
24. ISOLDE IN WONDERLAND
26. GODFATHER DECAY
27. THE TWELVE LABORS OF AKIRA
28. PRINCESS AND THE RED DRAGON
29. DAMON AND PYTHIAS
30. TORHILD, TAMER OF HORSES
31. ORPHEUS AND EURYDICE
32. RAGNAROK
33. DAEDALUS AND ICARUS
34. THE EPIC OF GILGAMESH
35. THE LEGEND OF THE NINE-TAILS
36. RUMPELSTILSKIN
37. THE ELVE AND THE RYUUZAKI HEIR
38. THE RICH BROTHER AND THE POOR BROTHER
39. KURUKSHETRA
40. RAVEN TALES
41.THE PIED-PIPER OF AZURA
42. ESME-ORIGINAL FLOWER
43. PINOCCHIO
44. CAUTIONARY TALES

25.SOHRAB AND RUSTAM

47 9 8
By Vakhaha

"You mean, besides laughing our asses off?"

Akira's POV

I should've known this would happen the moment Eboni insulted that girl to tears.

I even asked Amadeus if we should do something about that scene in the lunch hall.

But no, that little twit only said, "You mean, besides laughing our asses off?"

Now suffer the consequences.

As I started running for the stage, making my way through the stunned crowd towards a shocked Eboni, I only prayed to Sol that I can get her out of here before people started laughing.

But as usual, Sol didn't listen.

The sea of silence erupted into a hurricane of laughter flooding Eboni's eyes just as I reached her.

My best friend was crying and just so you know, she didn't cry easily!

What was wrong with that girl? Why would she humiliate Eboni like this? Why would all these kids laugh at a poor girl like this?

As I cover her with my Yukata and hug her shaking body, I regret not telling Eboni about the situation.

I held her tighter as another sob wracked her body. I was used to seeing her strutting around like she owned everything, not crying like this.

"It was you, you commoner bitch!" Naeem's angry yell reached my ears, breaking off the trance of musing.

His accusing finger was pointing at a girl holding a rope.

Wait, that was the fiery midget, Isolde!

I wouldn't have expected to end up in that glasses-wearing scatter-brain Orion's office by the end of the day after how well this day began.

I woke up feeling refreshed, without that accursed nightmare for the first time in a while.

Well, it kind of went bad when I had to endure Cephas and Naeem singing a duet in their bathrooms that were separated by a thin wall.

Then it definitely got better when I sat next to the midget and annoyed her into gifting me with frequent glares. Her annoyed glare paired with a polite smile for the sake of my parentage became harder and harder for her to hold on to which was extremely entertaining.

I could watch her huff and puff all day long.

She was like a tiny raccoon spreading its arms to look intimidating.

Reminds me of Kaizer.

You see, things were getting better these days between us, she was starting to answer back to me again like the first time. She even willingly started talking to me!

My mood became so much better when I thought of yesterday. It was great!

Well, tripping on a pile of books part was embarrassing but it was soon forgotten when she started to laugh in my presence for the time.

The ever-reserved and cautious little midget looked carefree and so, so bright.

Like a miniature sun.

But the problem began when I was walking with the group to the library to meet Isolde, making new plans to annoy her, and I saw her squatting down beside another person.

"Blindingly sparkly clothes combined with a  screeching voice....that's definitely our self-proclaimed queen of the academy," Naeem observed.

"What is your partner talking to that knock-off Cinderella about?" Kishar asked with narrowed eyes.

"How would I know? Do I look like her lover?" I said with more force in my words than necessary.

At that, a burst of laughter escaped Eboni's mouth and she looked at me with that annoying I-Know-A-Secret look in her eyes.

What was wrong with her?

And why was Isolde talking to that girl? She's bad news.

My good mood soured.

"Okay, calm down, mate. Who said anything about a lover?" Great, now Kishar was raising her eyebrows suggestively at me.

"If you guys are so curious about Akira's new peasant project talking to Eboni's nemesis then why don't  we eavesdrop on the conversation?" Amadeus suggested without looking up from his book.

"Great Idea!" Naeem exclaimed and quietly started to approach the girls.

"No, not a great idea. Bad idea. Very bad idea," I tried to stop the nosy bunch I am friends with.

"Oh come on, Akira, let's go and see. What's the big deal?" Gunhild spoke up and dragged me with her behind a pillar.

"Sol, why is Eboni's nemesis looking like a road-kill?" Naeem said as soon as we saw the girl's mascara-stained face.

"Naeem, that's mean!" Cephus elbowed him from the front.

"To who? Road-kills?"

We all sighed at his comment.

"People, shh, let me be nosy in peace. I want to know what new drama this wench has cooked up," Eboni commanded with an urgent expression.

"Why would they cook anything up?"

"You never know, they are commoners. They have no sense of honor," Louis said with a thoughtful expression.

Honor was the heart of the noble society. It's why we fight in the holy army. 

But commoners usually don't join the army. They just...take other jobs. 

Is it really because they lack the honor and bravery needed? 

The midget didn't seem like she lacked  bravery...

I finally heard Isolde's words that made my day infinite times worse, "Well, she hasn't become the dorm representative yet. And I'm sure you'll give her a tough time if she wants to take your place. Sometimes these nobles are just too unfair. I hate them too. They fight dirty but I guess you have to get your hands dirty too."

"I hate them too" rang in my mind when Naeem was accusing her, when she looked close to tears, even when she had proved her innocence.

Damn it, I made a mistake. I should've stood up for her. 

I knew we were quick to blame her. Was it because we though she was the criminal or was it just because we thought, as a commoner, she had to be one?

Maybe all of us were just preoccupied with the notion of commoners being beneath us, them not being strong or noble.

I had delusioned myself into thinking I could be as unbiased as my father. I used to think I was different from my friends. 

I guess I wasn't. I wasn't my father.

The midget was right.

We noble kids are nothing but entitled brats.

Father would be so disappointed.

________________________________________

GLOSSARY

*Sohrab-Rustam: The tragedy of Rostam and Sohrab forms part of the 10th-century Persian epic, Shahanana. It tells the tragic story of the heroes Rustam and his son, Sohrab where Rustam kills his son due to a misunderstanding.

‐----------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading my bool. Pls vote and leave comments .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

305 20 7
"It's time to go...i am sorry to leave you this way but i guess this is the end of us...i am going my love...but i promise to meet you in another wor...
6.8K 125 43
Evanly's desires of being loved, feeling affection, satisfaction and sex were casted aside as she was stuck in a loveless marriage, but light shined...
111 2 23
This is my first book... :-) ...