Night Changes - L.H.

By badasluke

When was the last time you had to let go of something so important to you that you had to drop everything an... More

Prologue
Two
Three

One

63 2 1
By badasluke

September 27, 2005

Age: 9

"You can't get me!" I giggle running a bit faster. 

"Lucas! Wait!" I hear Jocelynn call from behind. I shake my head and keep on running and suddenly hear a thump behind me.

"Ow!" 

I stop running and look back at Jocelynn who is lying there on the ground, completely still. My eyes widened.

"Jocelynn!" I said rushing by her side. I check her body for any marks and find nothing. I put my ear against her chest, checking for a heartbeat.

Ba-Bump...Ba-Bump...Ba-Bump

That's weird...

"Boo!" I jump back a few feet away from her. I look up and see her laughing her butt off. Wait...was that a trick? I put my hand over my heart. It's beating really fast!

"Joce," I paused,"You scared me!" I said crawling towards her. She opens her eyes and looks at me, then starts laughing again. She touches my leg and starts running.

"You're it!"  

I hope she knows I'm way faster than her. I get onto my feet and started sprinting right after her. I was now right behind her, feeling like Flash. I hold out my hand to her, trying to reach her back. 

"You're it!" I said as my hand touched her shoulder instead. I turned around and started running the other away again. Running is fun!

"That's not fair! Get back here," wined Jocelynn. I giggled and hid under the slide. I watch her tiny figure move slowly through the hyper kids. 

"Luuucas?" she called out. 

"Jooocelynn," I called back. Her blue eyes met mine immediately, which made her smile. She starts to laugh once again and headed her way towards me until one of the big kids knocked her right down onto the tanbark. It did look like she took a hard hit. I gasp as I watch her hit the floor. 

I shout her name as come right to her side.

"Lucas," she cries with tears streaming down her face. I put my hands behind her head and turn her face towards me. My eyes widened at the red gush on her lip. Oh no, there is blood. Oh no. Oh no.

"It hurts, Lu," Jocelynn cries again. 

"Matthew! Matthew!" I yell for her dad."Matthew!" I turn around and see her dad quickly making his way over to us.

"What's wrong Lu-oh my gosh," he said taking Jocelynn into his arms. He takes a tissue out of his pocket and dabs it on her lip."What happened?"

"A big fat meanie ran into Jocelynn!" I said.

"It's okay, honey, you're alright," whispers Matthew as he rocks her back and forth. The big fat meanie didn't even say sorry. Nobody hurts my best friend. Not on my watch!

I look around the playground to find the meanie. There he was, talking to his best friends on the swing set. I huff and stomped to him. 

"You!" I said pointing at him. Him and his friend looked at me with unhappy faces. 

"Me?" said the meanie.

"Yes you! You hurt my best friend!" The meanie just stared at me. Then he busted out laughing, but his friend stayed quiet. 

"What are you gonna do about it? Huh?" 

I grin and say,"I'll tell your parents!" I watch his face fall to a scared impression like he saw a monster or something. He got off the swing immediately and went on his knees with his hands pressed together.

"No no no no no! Please don't tell my Mummy and Daddy! I won't be able to go outside anymore! Please don't! I'm so sorry!" he cried. I huffed with crossed arms.

"You tell my friend sorry, not me." He nods slowly and wipes his runny nose with his shirt. Yuck. I walk back to where Jocelynn fell with the meanie and his friend following behind me. I spot Matthew sitting on the bench with Jocelynn on his lap, wiping her tears. I stop and point towards them.

"Say sorry to her," I said trying to sound like a big kid. The meanie nods and walks towards them. I watch them both look up as the meanie plays with his fingers behind his back nervously.

"I'm so sorry that I hurt you. I didn't mean to crash into you like that." 

"It's okay, I forgive you," she sniffles. Matthew kisses Jocelynn's head and smiles.

"Thank you for apologizing boys, I appreciate it. You guys can go play now." The two boys run off and back to their spot. I sit beside Jocelynn and take her hand.

"Are you okay now?" I ask. She nods.

"I feel better. Thank you, Lu," she smiles shyly. Matthew wraps an arm around me and squeezes my shoulder.

"You guys are cute. Who's up for some ice cream?" 

"Me!!" Jocelynn and I say together.

-

 We both sit under Jocelynn's big tree, licking our ice creams. I got cookies and cream and she got mint with chocolate chips.

"You know what, Lucas?"

"What?"

"Wouldn't it be super awesome if we have a tree house?"

"That would be super awesome. Do you know would be awesomer."

"What?"

"A tree house with a studio inside. Yanno, where you make music and dreams in?"

Jocelynn gasps in surprise,"That would be totally amazing! What if we own a tree house like that?"

I giggle and finish my ice cream,"Then we would rule the world together!"

______________

Here is the first chapter!!! Right now the chapters are going to be short because it's just little memories of them aging in each chapter. I hope you like this one(:

What's your favorite ice cream? Mine is coffee with chocolate chips :3

Don't forget to comment/fav!

see ya lovelies xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

255K 11.9K 68
Kang y/n was always been the black sheep of the family. Overshadow by her extremely talented, gorgeous sister Roseanne . Who has the world revolve a...
116K 4.8K 40
π—œπ—‘ π—ͺπ—›π—œπ—–π—› noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in π——π—˜π—–π—”π——π—˜π—¦ OR π—œπ—‘ π—ͺπ—›π—œπ—–π—› noura denoire and charle...
2M 104K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
94.4K 2.9K 25
a paige bueckers story.