Alpha's Brat

By heyitsmebre

"Just listen, Hunter. I'm Penelope Herrick, you don't answer a damn phone call while I'm naked on top of you... More

Chapter 1 - They Meet
Chapter 2 - Not Without Peaches
Chapter 3 - Good Morning
Chapter 4 - Floor 87
Chapter 5 - Manners
Chapter 6 - Lunch Date
Chapter 7 - Shape Up
Chapter 8 - Proud Pack
Chapter 9 - Cocktails
Chapter 10 - Morning Meeting
Chapter 11 - Can Maura Stfu?
Chapter 12 - Oops, Our Bad
Chapter 13 - Spitters are Quitters
Chapter 14 - Be Our Guest
Chapter 15 - The Best Girl
Chapter 16 - Bubble Bath
Chapter 17 - An Agreement
Chapter 18 - Little Cripple
Chapter 19 - Love is in the Air
Chapter 20 - It's a Celebration
Chapter 21 - His
Chapter 22 - Denial
Chapter 23 - A Visit
Chapter 24 - Back to the Start
Chapter 25 - Remarkable
Chapter 26 - Conflicting Feelings
Chapter 27 - The New Alpha
Chapter 28 - Thanks Rico
Chapter 29 - Alone Again
Chapter 30 - Apart Together
Chapter 31 - Dreaming of You
Chapter 32 - Overheard
Chapter 33 - Homesick
Chapter 34 - Welcome Back
Chapter 35 - Love Lessons
Chapter 36 - Steam
Chapter 37 - The Mall
Chapter 38 - Restrictions
Chapter 39 - A Harmless Threat
Chapter 40 - Tagalong
Chapter 41 - Punishments
Chapter 42 - Work for It
Chapter 43 - Shawty a Lil Baddie
Chapter 44 - True Love
Chapter 45 - Time
Chapter 46 - Can You Handle it?
Chapter 47 - Pride and Dignity
Chapter 48 - Hunter's Birthday
Chapter 49 - Something Else
Chapter 50 - Protection
Chapter 51 - Meet N Greet
Chapter 52 - Matriarchy
Chapter 53 - Fancy Hats
Chapter 54 - Hands Tied
Chapter 55 - Departure
Chapter 56 - A Bearable Miss
Chapter 57 - He's Back
Chapter 58 - Playing Games
Chapter 59 - Tubbin'
Chapter 60 - The Library
Chapter 61 - Baby Fever
Chapter 62 - Another Agreement
Chapter 63 - Defense Guest
Chapter 64 - Worth Your While
Chapter 65 - Houses and Ropes
Chapter 66 - Sparring
Chapter 67 - Seduction and Sunsets
Chapter 68 - Strange Dream
Chapter 69 - Pregnant
Chapter 70 - Wifey Material
Chapter 71 - The Bet
Chapter 73 - Little Maid
Chapter 74 - Ultrasound
Chapter 75 - Twins
Chapter 76 - Kayla's Mate
Chapter 77 - Birth Day
Chapter 78 - Names
Chapter 79 - Patience & Parenting
Chapter 80 - Gold Summit
Chapter 81 - Unsatisfactory
Chapter 82 - Control
Chapter 83 - Punished Pleasurably
Chapter 84 - Leading Lady
Chapter 85 - Secrets
Chapter 86 - Negotiation
Chapter 87 - Avoidance
Chapter 88 - Purpose
Chapter 89 - Time Apart
Chapter 90 - Midnight
Chapter 91 - Goodbyes and Hellos
Chapter 92 - Giving In
Chapter 93 - Reunion

Chapter 72 - Loser

4.2K 165 9
By heyitsmebre

PENELOPE'S POV

I yawned and stretched my arms over my head as I woke up, rolling over to look at my mate. He was on his laptop but instantly looked at me when he realized I was awake. For some reason, he did not look happy.

"Good morning... what's the matter?" I asked, rubbing my eye and pushing myself up against the pillows.

"Well, this is the matter." he turned his laptop screen to me. It was a news article with the headline "Is Penelope Pregnant?". Oh boy.

Penelope Herrick, mate of Alpha Hunter Kinley and Luna of the White Fang pack was spotted multiple times this Thursday with what many suspect is a baby bump.

Herrick, 20, has been with the nation's most powerful Alpha since fall of last year, but the two have never discussed heirs with their pack. Herrick was seen in a purple tank top  that made many question pregnancy early in the afternoon before she was spotted again at Southside Steakhouse in a little black dress with her beau. Herrick was observed drinking some water while Alpha Kinley enjoyed a glass of wine, so we'll let you do the math.

The article had zoomed in photos and everything. I really hated thinking I had no idea they were even being taken.

"Wellll.... Looks like you won our bet," I shrugged nervously.

"Penelope, I told you people would notice if you went out wearing that. And now look, the entire pack knows about your pregnancy 4 months too early." he shook his head.

"I hope you don't expect to be going out very often for the rest of this time, because now you've put a very big target on your back." he told me sternly.

"Hunter, that's such a controlling thing to say," I sighed.

"I'm only being controlling to keep you safe! I have enemies, you know? I have people that want to hurt me and my pack." he tried to reason with me.

"I really didn't realize how much I'm watched when I'm in public.. I didn't mean for this to happen, or I wouldn't have even made that stupid bet!" I argued.

He took a deep breath and put his hand on his forehead.

"I know you didn't mean for this, Penelope. But now it's over with and I'm just not very pleased with you." he sighed, and my wolf felt absolutely heartbroken.

"I'm gonna go for a workout." he pushed himself out of bed and left the room.

I was way too hormonal to have him mad at me like this right now. My wolf felt absolutely gutted.

The only thing I could really think to do was invite Kayla and Jade over so I could at least talk to people who weren't mad at me. Jade texted back saying that her and David were out nursery shopping today, but Kayla arrived not even a half hour after I asked.

"Ugh, I will never get over how gorgeous this place is!" she said as she walked inside and took off her sunglasses.

"We should use the pool! I've been dying to go for a swim." I suggested, and she agreed.

We grabbed towels and hopped in, the sun shining on us hard today.

"You seem kind of down. Are you good?" Kayla asked me. I smiled and shook my head. She could always tell.

"Hunter's like, pissed at me because I went out yesterday and the media found out I'm pregnant. People weren't supposed to know for a lot longer.." I sighed.

"How is that your fault?!" she looked offended.

"Well I was wearing like a cropped tank top and he told me not to go grocery shopping in it because people would notice, but I was sooo sure nobody would think anything of it that we even made a bet." I rolled my eyes.

"What was the bet?" she raised an eyebrow.

"Ugh, don't even remind me. I have to dress up like a sexy maid one day and go around cleaning the house. Plus whatever other perverted stuff he has me do," I leaned my head back and sighed.

"Holy shit, Hunter's a secret freak, huh?" Kayla said.

"I mean not so secret to all of us because we lived with him, but for any of his other pack members, jaws would be on the floor at some of the stuff he wants me to do." I chuckled.

"Well why isn't he just happy he won the bet instead of being mad about your pregnancy leak?" she asked me.

"Oh, he will be. I don't know when though, he seems extra mad this time. But it always wears off and I'm sure he'll be all over that bet when he's done being pissy." I shrugged.

HUNTER'S POV

I invited James to come work out with me, I needed second advice on this whole situation anyways, and who better to ask than James, who had never even found his mate let alone had to deal with her pregnancy.

"Well, I did see that a lot of the online news websites were talking about it this morning. Brilliant move to get wine while she can only have water though, by the way." he rolled his eyes and I chuckled. I kind of deserved that.

"I'm pissed. She just should have changed like I asked her to." I scoffed.

"The news articles said "suspected" pregnancy for a reason, it's kind of a reach. I mean maybe she could have just had a food baby, you know?" he put down his weights.

"Well I can't lie to the pack about it now. I need you to increase the border and inner security by like 50% for the next few months if that's even doable right now." I told him and he nodded.

"Just try to remember who the real enemy is, Hunter. I'll give you a hint, it's not your mate." he chuckled, and his words resonated with me.

He was right, even though I was still annoyed with my little mate. But at least now I could focus on receiving my prize from our bet.

When we finished I went back home, but not before stopping to get that sexy maid outfit she promised she'd wear. Then I got back to the house and began to go upstairs, before I heard giggling from outside. I slowly made my way back down and towards the opening where the house met the backyard, but I stayed out of their sight. I suspected it was Kayla, it smelled like her.

"I feel like I desperately need to get pregnant now that you and Jade are gonna have kids that are like three months apart." Yep, definitely Kayla.

"Noooo, don't. You're gonna find your mate soon, I just know it. And trust me, being pregnant is no dream come true." I heard my Penelope say. I wonder why she said that...

"I vomit every morning, all of my clothes are slowly not fitting me, and bless Hunter's heart because I've been making him get me whatever I crave like on the spot, dude." she giggled. That made me feel a bit better.

I decided now was my time to greet them like I hadn't just been eavesdropping. As soon as I walked outside their attentions turned to me.

Goddess, Penelope was wearing a blue bikini that barely fit. Her tits had grown with being pregnant and her body was irresistible to my wolf.

"Hi, Kayla, how are you?" I asked.

"I'm good! How about you?" Kayla said nicely. Penelope watched emotionlessly as we small talked, waiting for the real subject at hand.

"Well... I'll let you guys do your thing. I'll be in my office if you need anything, sweetheart." I smirked at her and let her know I wasn't holding a grudge, even though I knew she hated when I called her that.

PENELOPE'S POV

I hated when he called me that!

"He is just so damn cocky, isn't he?" I scoffed when he went back inside.

"He thinks he can get mad at me and then try and act like it never happened just because now he's all sweaty and sexy from working out? Not if I have anything to say about it." I furrowed my eyebrows and Kayla laughed.

She stayed for another couple of hours and we binge-watched one of our favorite shows, and then left around 2:30. I for damn sure wasn't going to go make my way into Hunter's office like a desperate Debby, so I decided to go upstairs and change out of my bikini and coverup into my fuzzy sweater and a pair of black spandex shorts that made my ass look amazing. I also fed Peaches and gave him some good cuddle time.

Then I read like ten more chapters of my book and started to wonder if Hunter was ever going to cave and come see me first. He had to have known Kayla was gone by now.

It was 4:00 when I decided to take a shower and wash all the chlorine out of my hair. I set the shower lights to purple and let the water get nice and steamy before getting in.

I inhaled the scent of my shampoo as I leaned my head back and closed my eyes, massaging it into my scalp. When I opened my eyes, I nearly slipped and broke an arm, because Hunter was standing in the bathroom watching me.

"Hunter!" I yelled, covering up my chest. I should have locked the damn door.

"Let me in so we can talk," he said.

"Uh-uh, no way. You are not getting these goods right now." I shook my head.

"You're really gonna deny me entry to my own shower?" he chuckled.

"I just want to talk to you. But I want to talk to you now." he told me.

I rolled my eyes and gestured to the door as he grinned, taking off all of his clothes before getting in and closing the big glass door behind him.

His hands reached out for my hips before I intercepted them. His eyes were clearly focused on my body.

"You said you just wanted to talk, so talk," I crossed my arms. For some reason that seemed to just make him stare at my chest more.

"I'm sorry I got mad at you. I know you didn't intend for anyone to find out. It's just irritating when I told you to change and now something that could have been avoided is a big issue." he explained.

"I know, Hunter, I get it. But I'm so sensitive right now, you like hurt my feelings earlier kind of, and I hate that it's so easy to do that lately," I shook my head and sighed.

"I'm sorry, baby. You know I didn't mean to do that, I was just frustrated. I want you to have an easygoing pregnancy," he told me. I did like hearing him say that.

"But you can't be so careless, Penelope. You need to start listening to what I tell you for your own safety. Understand?" he raised an eyebrow and I nodded bashfully.

"Now with all that said, I really am sorry. I just want people off our backs and I don't want everyone watching you." he sighed, waiting for my reply.

"..Okay, fine, I forgive you," I rolled my eyes.

"Good," his hands went straight to pull me in by my ass as he kissed me. Then one of them snaked around and up my body to grab my left breast before I bit his bottom lip playfully and broke the kiss, his member resting on my leg.

"I got your maid outfit today. Tomorrow you can give me my reward for our bet." he said smugly.

"Oh, jeez. Can't wait," I rolled my eyes as he chuckled.

"I'd say I'll go easy on you, my love, but... We both know that isn't true." he smirked.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 51.1K 43
"You're playing a dangerous game, my darling. Don't speak of giving yourself to me if you can't back it up." he said lowly, a smirk still on his face...
834K 21.9K 30
"You're mine," he growls. "I am not an object so back off!" He steps closer to me and pins me against the wall. "You're mine," he whispers in my ear...
7.8K 273 26
"Can you shift?" His voice was notably softer. I was grateful for it. As best as I could, I shook my head. The lingering dizziness rang through my he...
78.4K 1.9K 31
"Get out." A voice suddenly boomed coming down the stairs, Rachel. What is she doing here? I thought Hunter had banished her. "Rachel." I whisper...