Their Tale

By Lyss_Helene

What will happened if instead of possessing Cale Henituse's body, Kim Rok Soo became the trash's twin brother... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Notes

Chapter 8

5.2K 420 209
By Lyss_Helene

'...How did I ended up here again?'

Right at the moment, Keith was running for his life in the midst of a forest. His whole body was aching so badly that he could not bring himself to care as for right now he need to run and hide from a scary assassin who was currently chasing after him.

He even rolled around in the mud, crawling on his four as a desperate attempt to avoid the assassin's sharp blades. Keith did not care about his appearance—clothes filled with dirt and mud. Because he wanted to live. And a certain someone seemed to have the most happiest time in throwing daggers at him. 

Keith had no idea why he thought learning dagger arts is a good idea. He even began to question his sanity—he wondered where he had the guts and courage to learn under the guidance of the vicious assassin. Because of his lack of consideration to learn, Ron was very eager to teach him not only dagger arts but assassination as well. 

Since then, Keith had to endure the hellish training from Ron and Beacrox, the cook who recently joined the training five days ago. (He still vividly remembered how he managed to narrowly avoid the huge knife thrown to him—only to turned around and saw the approving nod of the cook)

This evening, the assassin who taught Keith the dagger arts and assassination wanted to test his stamina, stealth, endurance and mind as well. With a wide benign smile that looked extremely vicious filled with amusement, Ron announced that they will play 'a simple hide and seek' in the forest late at night. He even brewed the dreadful lemon tea for Keith to drink before they started the game.

To put it simply, Keith need to hide in the forest and if the assassin found him, he need to do his utmost best to run away from the assassin.

The main point of this event is to not let the scary assassin catch him.

And that brought Keith to the current situation where his life was at stake.

A simple hide and seek? 

Keith wanted to scoffed out loud at that unbelievable nonsense.

'A simple hide and seek, my ass.'

If it is indeed true that it was merely a simple a game, then why would the daggers were involved in this particular hide and seek?

This is not hide and seek.

This is a hunt.

Where Keith is the pitiful prey running desperately while Ron is the predator who was hunting for his life with sharp blades. The so-called simple hide and seek will end once the predator catch the prey.

Keith thought he did a great job in picking a good spot to hide. The spot was inconspicuous and located far away from the assassin. 

Imagine how shocked he was when he saw a few daggers flying out of nowhere to him. And thanks to his quick reflex and sharp senses, he managed to avoid the daggers and survived, he even uttered a few curse to himself before gaining his composure to run. 

Keith gritted his teeth.

He remembered that he had completely erase his tracks and footprints on his way of finding a spot to hide. He even created some fake tracks that lead to another path in order to confuse the assassin. He knew that he could not fool the assassin completely, just harbored a small hope that it could buy enough time.

He thought his way of wiping out his own tracks and creating fake tracks was excellent.

So, what gave him away?

"No one would believe such a deliberate fake tracks, young master Keith. But, I must say it was a wonderful attempt and I am impressed."

Keith could hear Ron's voice of delight echoed from behind. He frowned deeply at that, not knowing whether he should accept it as a compliment or not. He was sure Ron was saying those words with his signature benign yet vicious smile.

And of course, Keith managed to dodge two daggers flying toward his exposed back before climbing a tree with ease.

He took a mental note that the next time Ron decided to do the dreadful hunt again, he will create a not so obvious fake tracks. 

He just wished that he will be alive by the time the next hunt begin.

'Shit, I'm tired.'

He had no idea how long it has been since the hunt started. All he knew that his whole body was aching and sore. Sweats were dripping from his forehead as he was panting heavily for air. His legs was shaking with almost no energy left. His movement became numb.

"It was an entertaining hide and seek, young master Keith."

Keith stopped running as Ron held the collar of his clothes—indicating that the hunt's over.

'Entertaining? Bullshit.'

That was not entertaining at all. It was extremely exhausting, frightening and tiring. He did not enjoy the training where his life was at stake nor when his body was in pain. He even need to forced his brain to think about ways to hide and run from the predator.

At this point, Keith is more willing to play tiring and childish game with his hyperactive brother who full of loads of energy. He even started to think that drinking concentrated lemon tea without any sugar or honey would be thousands time better than the hellish training.

Only the smiling assassin found all of this entertaining as he was very enthusiastic in wholeheartedly throwing daggers—not caring whether the youngest son of the Count was injured or not and passionately chasing after him with high speed. On second thought, Keith thought it was such a relief that the cook who was secretly a torture expert did not join in this so-called hide and seek. The hellish hunt would be a disaster if Beacrox were to join.

Keith immediately sat down on his knees. He was gasping for breath, trying to calm down the rate of his heart beat. He felt like all the energy was drained out from his body. With the sweat and mud all over his body, he truly looked like a drenched street rat—not like he cared about his appearance in the first place.

Ever since he learned under the assassin, he knew that there were no need for elegance, grace and dignity of nobility in training.

His survival is his top priority. Of course, Keith Henituse or Kim Rok Soo hates pain, however, it was better than being dead.

Why would he need to care about his dignity when his life was being threatened in such a dangerous and risky way? It was quite ridiculous yet he need to admit that this whole thing started because of his underestimation about how awfully and terrifyingly difficult the training of dagger arts under the scary assassin's guidance was.

It has been two weeks since Ron started to train him. For the first few days, the assassin made him improve his stamina. Then, Keith learned how to wield a dagger and stab properly. It was extremely vicious when he saw the glint of delight in the eyes of Ron as the assassin taught him the vital and perfect spots to stab a human. He also learned the way of enhancing all of his senses, with stealth as a bonus.

Keith wanted to finish his scary training faster so he proceeded to understand and demonstrate everything at a fast speed. Even if he did not manage to get a grasp of the lesson, he still has his 'Record' ability. With that as an ultimate cheat on his side, the job of practicing became much more easier.

(And of course, he did not know that his action brought joy to the assassin as the assassin has slowly yet surely increased the difficulty of the training without the redhead knowing, thanks to his obliviousness)

Noticing his act of catching desperately for breath, Ron spoke.

"You need to control your way of breathing. It would give you away the moment you made a sound while breathing when you hide from enemies."

Ron gently told his disciple, like a kind grandfather. Even while training his kitten young master as an instructor, he is still a butler worked in the Henituse household.

Keith just nodded his head—ignoring the shudder he got from a wide benign smile plastered on Ron's face. He did not want to know the reason behind the benign smile that looked wider than usual nor did he had the energy to.

Right now, he just wanted to indulge himself in a tub of warm water and cleaned himself from all the mud and dirt. After showering, he will definitely roll on the comfortable and soft bed while bringing his consciousness to the dreamland.

"Shall we go back to the estate, young master?"

With a nod, the two went back to the estate stealthily without no one knowing, other than the assassin's son of course.

***

"How was the hunt?"

Ron who just walked into the kitchen turned his head to see his son who was currently busy in cleaning the dishes with a stoic face.

At that question from his son, Ron instantly raised the corner of his mouth—the exact smile that brought the shiver to the little redhead. He could not help it, his heart was pounding with excitement as he recalled the so-called hide and seek just now.

"It was splendid."

Beacrox stopped washing as he glanced at his father who was smiling. The years of his father practicing his perfect benign smile to appear harmless and benevolent made he immediately realized that his father was overjoyed with the achievement of young master Keith.

He could tell from that smile and three words uttered by his father, the hunt went so well that his father was truly satisfied and astounded by the newly disciple who learned the Molan household's techniques—young master Keith went beyond of his father's expectation.

Wanting to know the details about the hunt, Beacrox looked at his father.

Ron chuckled when he saw the obvious hint of curiosity on his son's usual stoic face.

"The little kitten managed to lose me for a while. He even knew how to create fake tracks and he was swift, although he gave up in the end because he was exhausted."

To say that it was as simple as that was actually an understatement.  The assassin found himself thoroughly impressed by his disciple who he took under his wings two weeks ago.

Ron thought it would be very difficult for his kitten young master to learn such a vicious arts as he always saw his kitten young master lazing and sleeping around. He had doubts at first whether it was a correct decision or not to train his kitten young master who never even hold a weapon in.

All the doubts and questions instantly vanished when he saw how swiftly and easily his kitten young master wield and swing the dagger even though it was the first time. The posture and stance was perfect and not awkward at all. His kitten young master even managed to stab the vital spots without batting an eye.

Keith Henituse was born as a natural assassin.

At that time, Ron was truly happy when he realized that he had a golden opportunity to pass down all the knowledge and techniques of the Molan household to the youngest son of the Henituse household.

Beacrox raised both of his brows as he widened his eyes in disbelief.

Young master Keith made was able to lose his father for a while?

The news sounded unbelievable to him.

His father was an expert in assassination and stealth. His father was a patriarch of the famed Molan household recognized in the underworld of the Eastern continent, after all. Age was only a number to his father as his father was still a vigour, silent and swift assassin after all these years. 

So, how could a child who just learned the training two weeks ago managed to lose the assassin, even just for a while?

Ron smiled at the rare expression of disbelief on his son's face. It was quite amusing to see his son made a different face other than the usual stoic face.

Beacrox widened his eyes in surprise as he saw a small bottle filled with unknown bubbly purplish liquid in his father's hands. His father poured a few drops of the suspicious looking liquid into the lemon tea. He instantly knew what it was at the first glance.

It was the antidote to the mildest and delicate paralyzing toxin.

The question is, why would his father put the antidote of the poison into the usual lemon tea of young master Keith?

"...Father, you didn't perhaps use the poison during the hunt, right?"

Surely, the poison use to immobilize a person's body was not the reason his father was able to catch the young master?

"What are you talking about, Beacrox?"

Ron simply hummed while mixing the lemon tea he brewed and dropping some purplish liquid with a teaspoon. It was late at night and he hoped that his kitten young master was still bathing and not sleeping as he need his kitten young master to drink this lemon tea tonight.

He looked at his son, feigning his ignorance with his benign smile that seemed awfully vicious and dubious.  

"Why would I use poison on the poor little kitten?"

It was a terrible lie.

Beacrox did not believe that at all. He had no idea when his father started to slip the not-so harmless paralyzing poison into the lemon tea, and he began to pitied the poor young master who drank the lemon tea like usual without knowing the slightest idea about the same lemon tea was poisoned.

And of course, the sympathy was only little to none.

"Father, at least let me be in charge of the poison training."

If his father started to use the delicate paralyzing poison secretly, he might as well began teaching the young master about poison openly. As an expert specialized in poison, he had a number of poisons that he wanted to try on the young master. 

Ron chuckled before nodding.

"Of course, Beacrox. You can start whenever you want."

Beacrox nodded his head, satisfied with the reply. Then, he watched his father walking out of the kitchen with the lemon tea after saying he need to go to the young master. 

Beacrox was even more spirited that night to start the poison training as he began to think what poison he should use on the young master.

(And the poor kitten young master who had no idea about it was currently grimacing at the sight of the hateful lemon tea after having a warm bath)

***

"Keith, wake up!!"

Keith who was peacefully sleeping on the soft bed groaned in irritation when he heard that noisy shout. He instantly curled up under his tightened blanket in his grip, refusing to open his eyes as he felt very sleepy. He blatantly ignored the intruder who disturbed his precious sleep.

He did not even need to open his eyes to see the intruder as he recognized the familiar voice.

"It is already ten in the morning! When are you going to wake up?"

Keith groaned even more when he knew the current time.

"Cale, it is still early..."

'At least, three more hours.'

The intruder was none other than the little redhead who just finished his training, Cale. He scoffed in disbelief at the words of his brother.

"Early? It is already late. You didn't have the breakfast yet, right? Stop lazing around and wake up!"

Keith furrowed his brows under the blanket. 

In the beginning of the years he first living in this world as Keith Henituse, he did always lazing and sleeping around almost anywhere. He admitted that he slept out of laziness. However, when the hellish training under the vicious assassin and torture expert started, he desperately needed to sleep—not because of the laziness but tiredness.

He had no idea why the father-son duo thought training late in the night was a good idea. He was forced to abandon his usual sleep in the night but he thought it would be alright with sleeping in the morning for hours.

However, he unfortunately failed to calculate the existing of the variable—his older brother.

He almost forgotten about his hyperactive older brother who always barged into his bedroom so early in the morning and disturbed his sleep. Of course, his brother did not know about his scary and dangerous training under the father-son duo but it was still annoying.

His night was always apprehensive, thanks to the assassin and torture expert. He could never rest in the night without worrying about his life being on edge because of the harsh training. And now, even in the daytime, his rest was being disturbed by his older brother.

Keith just wanted to rest and sleep peacefully. 

But, why is it his slacker time seemed to wave a goodbye to him?

"Come on, wake up! Let's go to the town today!"

'Town?'

Keith almost immediately wake up hearing that. He blinked his eyes several times to relinquish his drowsiness as he thought about the ancient power hidden in the Man-Eating Tree located in the Rain City.

The Indestructible Shield.

It has been two weeks since he began to undergo the hellish training. It was exhaustingly vicious that he always need to kept his guard up. Because of the amount of sleep he need in the daytime and the terrifyingly strenuous training in the night, he had almost no free time to think about other things because he was too hectic.

"Alright."

Cale brightened up when he saw his brother willingly walked out from the bed. He was suspicious but he just let it go, assuming that his brother too needed a fresh of breath air outside of the estate.

"Great!!"

He cheered with a big smile filled with excitement on his face.

"Ah, we need to go to father."

The joyful smile vanished instantly the moment he heard that. He turned around to look at the stoic face of his brother. 

"...Why?"

Cale wondered whether his brother wanted his father to join their trip to the Rain City, not like he never tried to persuade his father and the man simply refused with the excuse of busy with work.

He hated to admit but their relationship and bond with their father began to crack like a fragile glass. The distance between them increasing as the time passed, eventually building up thick walls around their heart.

Cale clenched his fists.

His brother was certainly not an affectionate person who need the presence of their father. But, he thought carefully whether he miscalculated his assumption about his brother or not. Even though Keith became colder and hard to predict after the death of their mother, perhaps deep in his heart, he need the attention of their father.

If it was indeed true, then it would be hard to persuade their father.

An unusual grin appeared on his brother's face.  To call it an innocent smile was a lie, because the smile was wide and wicked—unsuitable for an eight-years-old and yet at the same time, the smile filled with delight and happiness.

He never saw his brother made that kind of expression. 

"Money."

"...Huh?"

Cale doubted his hearing as he blinked a few times. Keith's smile became even more wide and devilish—if that even possible before speaking again.

"Lots of money."

'Time to buy breads and feed a glutton.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 8.9K 63
In this Fan fiction Cale henituse, Kim Rok Soo, And Cale Barrow became the triplets of the henituse household, what if there was drama inside the sai...
6.1K 391 22
The war with the White Star has come to an end and peace was now reigning over and so it was time for Cale to address the problem he has to carry for...
Reason By Ociii7

Fanfiction

10.6K 786 11
Cale Henituse, the Roan Empire's Silver Shield Commander who was loved by all, breathed his last in old age surrounded by his precious family. Cale...
38.9K 2.7K 30
in a world where there are no hunters and no white star, there's a lot more time for petty politics and relationship drama og cale x alberu PLEASE NO...