Chapter 2

“Keith, look at that butterfly!”

A five-year old Keith watched his twin brother chasing a butterfly with peculiar color in the garden. He held back his sigh seeing a scene from an animation movie unfolded right in front of his eeys.

Ignoring it, he lay down on the grass and closed his eyes.

It has been exactly five years since Kim Rok Soo had live as Keith Henituse in this world. He was getting used to it.

Being a child he is, he had nothing much to do other than sleeping, reading, and eating.

Well, it would be perfect if not for the  hyperactive and eccentric behavior of Cale who always dragged Keith everywhere to the point Keith’s energy was completely drained from his body.

Keith was wondering whether a child should be as energetic as his brother or not.

“Young master Keith.”

Keith almost flinched at that call. He opened his eyes and turned his head. He could see an old servant with a benign smile on his face standing beside him. And of course, he could see a cup of tea in the old servant's hands.

“Would you like some chamomile tea?”

“Yeah.”

The old servant named Ron smiled even more at that reply. He skillfully handed a cup of chamomile tea to the young master who already straightened his back.

Keith took a sip of the tea, but then he furrowed his brows.

“Is there a problem, young master Keith?”

Ron asked while smiling benignly when he saw a frown on Keith’s face.

“… Ron.”

“Yes, young master Keith.”

Ron’s voice sounded so soft. He looked exactly like a perfect example of a kind grandfather talking patiently to his grandson. However, the same benevolent gesture seemed extremely vicious to the so-called grandson.

Keith stared at the yellowish color of the tea. The color looked the same, but he could smell sourness of a citrus scent. Instead of tasting a mellow, honey-like and sweetness of the tea that should be soothing, he tasted sourness.

“…This is not a chamomile tea but a lemon tea.”

The floral herbal tea turned out to be a lemon tea.

Ron looked surprised with his widened eyes. Keith was absolutely sure that the old man was acting.

“Oh, I apologized, young master Keith. It seemed that I made a mistake.”

‘Mistake, my ass.’

The expert assassin talented in being a butler who always did a great job made a sloppy and unbelievable mistake like preparing a sour lemon tea instead of a sweet chamomile tea? Keith, for once, refused to believe in such nonsense.

“But, I hope the young master-nim will finished the tea that I worked hard to prepare.”

‘I can’t say no, can I? Who knows when you will stab me?’

He suppressed the chilling feeling he had as he opened his mouth.

“… Alright.”

Keith glanced at the smiling Ron while drinking the tea stoically, trying to not show any expression about the taste that he detested so much.

‘Scary old man.’

He is definitely vicious. Which person would give a lemon tea to a five-year-old? A child should drink milk or something sweet, but instead, the old servant seemed to be enjoying himself, preparing a lemon tea for Keith while acting like he made a mistake.