The Billionaire Is An Ice Que...

By LonimiMeseko

"I'll break down your walls one by one and sneak into the gates of your icy heart before crushing it into tin... More

𝑺𝑬𝑨𝑺𝑶𝑵 𝑶𝑵𝑬
| 01 | début
| 02 | clan
| 03 | antécédent
| 04 | retrouvailles
| 05 | âme sombre
| 06 | richesse
| 07 | déboussolé
| 08 | guerre
| 09 | haine
| 10 | frissons
| 11 | chien & chat
| 12 | troublé
| 13 | amicale
| 14 | souffrance
| 15 | club
| 16 | jeu d'échecs
| 17 | jalousie
| 18 | vengeance
| 19 | rumeurs
| 20 | soupçon
| 21 | méfiance
| 22 | révélation
| 23 | fifa
| 24 | tension
| 25 | choix
| 26 | crève-coeur
| 27 | perplexe
| 28 | proposition
| 29 | fusionnel
| 30 | passion
| 31 | confrontation
| 32 | trahison
| 33 | poignant
| 34 | froid
| 35 | turbulence
| 36 | abasourdi
| 37 | vérité
| 38 | désespérer
𝑺𝑬𝑨𝑺𝑶𝑵 𝑻 𝑾 𝑶
| 01 | signal
| 02 | localisé
| 03 | refoule
| 04 | orage
| 05 | contretemps
| 07 | abattu
| 08 | buté
| 09 | tendu
| 10 | bataille
| 11 | certitude
| 12 | survivant

| 06 | quiproquo

2.4K 172 62
By LonimiMeseko

"I still can't believe you saw Roman,"

Rubbing my temples, I allow the warm water to permeate my skin.

I avert my gaze to meet Yara's bewildered eyes.

"Believe me," I begin blankly, "I'm just as shocked as you are."

Due to our hectic schedule, Yara insisted we spend some quality time together.

Since my week has been filled with back-to-back meetings and public conferences, a night at the spa definitely sounds like my definition of relaxing.

Lolling back onto the headrest of the hot tub, I think you can guess how determined I am to do nothing tonight.

"It must be so awkward," Yara trails off as she ties her waves in a tight bun, "I mean seeing your ex-boyfriend work at the company of your other ex-boyfriend is the biggest coincidence of the century."

While she chuckles, I groan.

She just had to bring it up.

"I don't know what to feel at this point," I utter; allowing the waterfall to lessen the tension in my neck.

Yara raises a challenging brow, "Have you told Ludovic yet?"

Her question takes me aback.

"Why should I tell him anything?" my strong reaction causes her to throw me her knowing look.

"Naya, c'mon you know why," Yara insinuates, "you of all people should know how extremely possessive Ludovic gets when it comes to you. By you telling him things upfront, it'll help y'all avoid so many misunderstandings."

Although her point of view makes sense, a stubborn part of me chooses to stick to my current stance.

"That's just it, I don't owe him anything," I assert, "just because he's helping me with the investigation doesn't mean I'll share with him every single one of my secrets."

Before Yara can speak, I intercede, "Besides, it's not like Ludovic and I are dating. So I'm under no obligation to inform him about Roman. And knowing Ludovic, I don't want him to fire Roman because of the past."

Disapproval is written all over her face, "Ludovic practically declared to you he would stop at nothing to break your walls. If that isn't a love declaration then I don't know what is."

I wear a dumbfounded look.

"I would barely call what he said a 'love declaration', Yara," I debunk, "he was just saying anything to get me to forgive him in the spur of the moment. And get it through your head that Ludovic is not the type to declare his feelings and I think his actions thus far prove it."

Silence reigns.

As I watch the foams agglomerate to the surface, my thoughts keep drifting to what happened earlier.

Why is Roman of all people working at ReadySet?

And not to mention the way Ludovic didn't seem to believe me when I acted like I didn't know who Roman was.

I'm pretty sure Ludovic is suspicious at this point judging by the way he looked at me.

"I know you're still hurt because of what he did in the past," Yara's voice summons me to reality, "and I know every part of you resents him for it. . .but Anaya, don't let the past cloud your judgment. Anyone can see how crazy Ludovic is about you. . ."

I roll my eyes.

A look of determination crosses her features, "And I know somewhere deep deep inside of you, there's a part of you that is also crazy about him too."

"He slept with Tatianna, Yara," I deadpan, "there's no coming back from that."

"Believe me," a sigh escapes her, "I'm not trying to justify his actions by any means and I acknowledge he shouldn't have done what he did."

She pauses for a few seconds, "But if I put myself in his shoes, the guy lost the girl he loved because he thought she was using him. So he ended up resenting you for it and every action he committed after the breakup shouldn't be held against him because you guys were no longer together.

"I admit he crossed the line by sleeping with her but can you blame him? Tatianna did everything to steal him from you and he was in a dark place—"

"I know I shouldn't hold it against him," I interrupt her sharply, "but I just can't help it. He completely crushed me and I have no idea of how to remove the anger and pain I feel every bloody time I think about it.

"I'm so angry all the time and as much as I try to oppress my emotions," I say in haste, "it's all useless because the more I see him, the more the anger I feel for him festers up."

Yara nods in understanding, "I get that. . .I just want you to find it in your heart to forgive him, Anaya. The only way you guys can move forward is by giving him the chance to redeem himself."

Before I can respond, she beats me to it, "For if you keep holding on to rage and pain, you're going to end up making yourself miserable."

Although every part of me refuses to forget about the past, is there a slight chance I'll ever be able to forgive Ludovic?

Will I ever be able to trust him?

The questions spiral into my mind like a typhoon.

Unable to handle the intensity of the conversation, I change the subject.

"So how are things with you and Eric?"

Extending her arms onto the rolled edge, Yara propels her head back before closing her eyes.

"They're good," she begins in neutrality, "I mean he checks off all the boxes in the list of qualities I'm looking for in a man but I dunno. . ."

My brows furrow, "Go on. . ."

She stares at the ceiling in prolonged silence.

"We recently got into this ridiculous fight because he got choleric after seeing Stalon and I interacting," she discloses before sighing, "basically he thinks the dynamic between Stalon and I is ambiguous, can you believe that?"

When I don't comment, Yara diverges her curious gaze to me.

"You're not saying anything. . ." she remarks in suspicion.

I shrug, "I mean he is kinda right, Yara."

She knits her brows, "What do you mean?"

There's a pregnant pause.

"The other day at the gala," I trail off, "Stalon had nothing but negative things to say about your relationship with Eric."

Yara snorts in disdain before rolling her eyes.

"Gosh, I can't believe him," Yara hurls as she shakes her head, "The freaking audacity he has to make negative comments about my relationship when he knows how much Eric makes me happy.

"He gets on my damn nerves. For once in my life, I feel like I'm in a healthy relationship and he can't even be happy for me?"

I nod, "I just think Stalon's not used to seeing you with someone else."

Her eyes blaze in fire, "Well that's too damn bad because I'm serious about Eric, and if he can't handle it then good riddance."

The fact that Yara's boyfriend vocalized his distress about the ambiguous dynamic between Stalon and Yara solidifies my point.

There are still so many words left unsaid between them.

Which adds up to their existential tension.

"All I want is for you to be happy," I tell her, "and if Eric makes you happy, I'll support you all the way so don't mind Stalon."

Yara's smile is radiant, "Thanks babe, I appreciate it."

༄ ༄ ༄

L U D O V I C

"Mr. Delmore, I'll keep you in the loop on the arrangements for the venue,"

"Perfect," I assert before extending my hand, "I'll be expecting your email going forward,"

The CEO of tennis Australia reciprocates the movement before we shake hands.

With a curt nod directed towards the COO, I exit the conference room.

I smile smugly.

The company just secured a major sports sponsorship deal with the head of the Australian Open.

Since the tennis tournament attracts a large audience, the deal will undoubtedly increase our brand exposure.

My expression darkens once I decipher Dixon's approaching figure.

Ever since I've been keeping a closer eye on him, he's heightened my suspicions.

Enough for me to request Cohen (our tracker) to do some background investigation on him.

I've purposely kept my suspicions of Dixon from Anaya until I'm certain of his real intentions.

But for now, I have to do things strategically.

"Mr. Delmore," Dixon begins once he's within hearing distance, "there's this upcoming business event next week hosting many CEOs of some of the largest marketing agencies in the world.

"And the president of the UEFA Champions League will also be attending the event. It'll be the perfect opportunity for the company to attract sponsorship deals."

I throw my wristwatch a glance, "How are you not aware that we just secured a sponsorship deal with the CEO of Tennis Australia?"

Confusion dawns on Dixon's face, "Oh, I wasn't aware of—"

"As my PA, it's your job to be up to date about my day-to-day meetings," I instigate, "that is unless other things have been preoccupying your mind lately. . ."

He freezes as he fails to utter a single word.

Squinting, I fold my arms.

"No sir, why would you think that?" he feigns confusion.

Silence ensues before I retreat.

"Just get back to work, Dixon," I snarl once my back faces him.

It's only about a matter of time before the idiot will be walking right into his trap.

Once I step into my office, my eyes blaze in disdain.

Sat on one of my sofas is none other than Tatianna.

She freezes upon seeing me.

My fists clench.

"Get the hell out of my office!" I roar.

She springs up before raising her hands in a surrendering gesture, "Not until you hear what I came here to say."

"Don't make me repeat myself," I snarl before heading to my desk, "Get lost before I call security."

Once I plonk down on the rotating chair, I review a legal document.

Expecting her to disappear in seconds, I hear her approaching footsteps instead.

The rage in my veins can explode at any second now.

She can't be here.

"Look, I'm not your enemy here," she begins in a low tone, "Everything I've done was to protect you and—"

"To protect me?" I reiterate in mockery before averting my deadly glare towards her, "By lying to me? By manipulating me? Do you hear how delusional you sound?"

As my voice raises by an octave, her face is crestfallen, "Ludovic, believe it or not, I've always wanted your best interest at heart. Have you forgotten how Anaya used you in the past?"

She sighs in exasperation, "How could you erase the years of torment and pain she put you through by running right back to her?"

"This is my last warning," I begin vehemently, "if you don't exit this building in the following seconds, you'll be dealing with the police."

Refusing to take no for an answer, Tatianna adjusts the strap of her handbag, "What do you think is gonna happen now that you guys are working together again, uh? As soon as she gets what she wants from you, she'll toss you aside like trash. Is that really what you want?"

I pound my fist against the desk.

Despite her trembling state, Tatianna persists, "You have someone standing right in front of you who's madly in love with you and is willing to risk it all to be with you."

Her vision blurs, "Why can't you see that she will never be able to give you half of what I gave you time after time?"

Nonchalant, I fold my arms, "You have the damn nerve to storm into my office to spit ridiculous words that are of no relevance to me."

Before she can respond, I interject, "And how dare you mistake love for obsession. You've literally turned into this obsessed and vindictive person which has made your personality all the more ugly and pitiful."

Despite the tears that cascade her cheeks, my jaw tightens.

"So that's it?" she hurls, "you're just gonna throw away the years we spent together for a worthless bitch like Anaya?"

In slow motion, I arise from my seat.

I swing my venomous glare to her; eyes blazing with fire, "Watch the damn way you talk about someone I care about."

"I must be losing my freaking mind right now," Tatianna yelps as she shakes her head, "You have the opportunity to avenge the pain she's caused you throughout these years. Things don't have to end up this way, Ludovic."

"Dammit. When are you going to get it through your head?" I bellow, "I want nothing to do with you so don't ever waste my time like the way you've just done."

The sound of her endless sobs dominates the background.

In what seems like a century, she finally takes retreating steps.

Once I attend to the document, she foreshadows, "Fine, crawl back to the ice queen because that's what you do best. But when the time comes, don't say I didn't warn you about her."

I clench my fists.

As I watch her retreating figure, I freeze upon encountering the figure of the last person I was expecting in my office.

Anaya.

I spring up.

"Anaya?"

Upon examining her side profile and her crossed arms, it occurs to me she's been standing next to the entrance for the past minutes.

"Of course you're here," Tatianna spits as she marches towards the exit, "What a pathetic coincidence."

If looks could kill, Tatianna would've been found deceased on the ground with the vehement glare Anaya's throwing her way.

Once Tatianna exits, I haste towards Anaya's direction.

Her gaze is fixated on the ground as she doesn't say a word.

Her stance is rigid.

I don't let her out of my sight as I peruse her in alarm.

"Anaya, this isn't what it looks like," my voice is tense and rough.

Once she diverges her gaze to me, her eyes are cold.

It's like I can almost sense her pulling away from me.

And the disconnection between us can only magnify from now.

Causing my worst nightmare to come true.

"I guess this is a bad time," her tone is distant, "I'll stop by some other time."

Before I can speak, she pivots.

As she marches in the opposite direction, I tug at my locks.

God, of all days, why did this have to happen today?

As I watch her retreating figure, I remain still.

Run after her, you idiot.

It's not until I see her entering an elevator from afar that I finally snap out of it.

I run at full speed just in time to halt before the elevator.

Our gazes clash.

I'm quick to notice her glossy eyes.

My chest churns.

Why do I always screw things up?

"She showed up unannounced at my office," my voice is laced with hopelessness, "You have to believe me, Anaya—"

"It's okay Ludovic," she says in rigidity before she presses a button on the elevator panel, "you don't have to explain yourself."

Before I can speak, the doors of the elevator gradually close.

Enraged, I continue to stare at her before she's out of sight.

Immobile, I take ragged breaths.

Before I can register what happens next, my fist enters into a vicious collision with the wall.

༄ ༄ ༄

Thank you so much for continuing to support my story. I'm literally speechless by all the incredible support.

A few days ago, TBIAIQ reached #2 on the Humor list.

Words can't describe how much I love you all and I appreciate everyone who's voted, commented, or added my book to their reading lists. Truly, I wouldn't be where I am today if it wasn't for you guys.

On a side note, how are you guys doing? I really want to know how the transition from online schooling to going back to school physically has impacted you guys. Can I just say, wearing masks for more than 4 hrs in uni is a buzzkill? I truly hope we won't have to wear them again in the foreaseable future.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

711K 22.2K 42
ᗯᕼᗩT'Տ ᗰᗴᗩᑎT TO ᗷᗴ ᗩᒪᗯᗩYՏ ᖴIᑎᗪՏ IT'Տ ᗯᗩY. Mature themes and strong usage of language Rank #2 Mature ( 02.11.2020) #2 Billionaire ( 06.1.2021 ) #1 o...
267K 2K 11
"Tell me, Eleanor, do you like seeing me like this? Do you like seeing me angry with you?" he yells, banging the spot above my head. I keep my mouth...
77K 2.7K 43
"I love the view of the city from such a height at this late night." I said finally breaking the silence. "Me too." he said lost in his thoughts. "Ho...
2.2M 113K 54
"You see him as an heir of your empire and not as a family member. All you care about is the inheritance and not the child. If all you want is an hei...