A Fall from Grace, and His Ri...

By Diamondragon23

Izuku Midoriya had a weak quirk. In reality, his quirk was actually perfect for Heroics, but his parents pref... More

Altered
Mask
Handy
Superior Mechanisms
Friend
Anonymity
Revenge Part One
Reunion
Interlude: A Date
President
Scream
Fury
Healing
Time Passes
Obstacle?
Revelation
Tournament
Revenge Part Two
Afterwards
Unwanted Reunion
Interlude: Confession
One for All
Killer
Consequence
Preparing for Exams
Revenge Part Three
Moving in
Shopping
Camp
Hell Training
Ablaze
Attack on Villain
Regret
I'm Here To Kick Your Ass
Ending The War
Block

Rest

7.5K 186 125
By Diamondragon23

  Izuku woke up with a weight on top of him. The thing causing the weight was quite comfortable, so he let it be for now.

The greenette cracked an eye open and glanced to the left. Ochako was the one on top of him, her face pressed into the crook of his neck.

Izuku reached up and ran his fingers through her hair, nuzzling into her cheek.

  The brunette stirred, turning to face him, a sleepy smile on her face.

"G'morning.." she mumbled.

  Izuku just smiled in response, continuing to brush her hair with his fingers.

  Ochako shifted, resting her head on Izuku's chest with a sigh.

"What time is it?" She asked.

  Izuku glanced at his alarm clock.

"Nine sixteen.." he croaked.

  Ochako sighed contentedly.

"We've got like.. three hours to cuddle.." she said.

  Izuku just smiled, wrapping his arm around Ochako and burying his nose into her hair.

  Ochako snuggled into his chest, her arms sliding around him. Izuku rolled onto his side, taking the brunette with him and Ochako took the opportunity to wrap her arms all the way around Izuku's midsection, giggling happily.

  Izuku's scarred face twisted into a small smile, the greenette leaning down and kissing his girlfriend's forehead.

 ___________

  Izuku and Ochako walked into the common room together, joining Shoto at the dining table and taking some of the toast stacked in the middle.

  "You two slept in for a while!" Kaminari commented.

  "Mask and Yagi deserve to have a longer lie in than normal, as they went through a very traumatic experience-!" Iida began his lecture, to which Kaminari and everyone else at the table cringed at.

  "Sleep well?" Shoto asked quietly, his mismatched eyes staring into Izuku's soul.

  "...yes." he replied.

  Shoto's gaze flicked to Ochako for a moment, an eyebrow slightly raised, before returning his attention to his breakfast.

  "Good."

  They ate in silence before a loud, non explosive blonde entered the room.

  "Morning guys!" Izumi chirped.

  "It's too early for this..." Izuku grumbled.

  "Izuku it's quarter to twelve." Ochako said.

  The green haired boy turned to his girlfriend.

  "Too. Early."

  Izumi sat beside Shoto and opposite to Ochako, taking several slices of toast from the ever shrinking pile.

  "Got any plans for today?" She asked.

  "I've got to get a new arm from the support department. My old one broke." Izuku said.

  "I'll say!" Kirishima exclaimed. "You blew that villain's face off!"

  Izuku stopped eating for a moment to allow a small smug smile to spread across his face before returning to the task at hand; shovelling half burnt half uncooked toast into his mouth.

__________

  Izuku sat on the sofa next to his sister, his newest prosthetic arm clicking and whirring quietly as he made sure everything worked properly.

  Turning slightly towards Izumi, the scarred teen raised a single eyebrow.

  You okay?

  The blonde smiled, her electric blue eyes twinkling gently.

  I'm okay. All better now.

  I'm glad.

  Izuku returned his attention to his arm, inspecting the wrist blade as it emerged from the smooth plating.

  "All Better." He clicked. "Testing, Testing. One two three four, Katsuki is a total-"

  He was interrupted by a smack to the back of the head, courtesy of his dear sister.

  "You're smiling."

  "I am and I hate it."

________

  Normal classes resumed with little fanfare, The class just walking into homeroom and taking their seats like nothing had happened at all. Eraserdad walked over to his own desk and paused, looking out at his students.

  "It has been decided that first years will be eligible for taking the provisional licensing exam next month."

  There was a pause as everyone figured out what exactly that meant.

  "We're gonna be heroes!!" Kaminari shouted, half leaping out of his chair.

  The cheering erupted for barely a few seconds until Aizawa activated his quirk and glared at the class.

  "Quiet, I'm not finished. Your normal heroics classes will be split into two. Half of them will continue with general training, while the other half will be dedicated to.. creating supermoves."

  Kaminari looked like he wanted to leap out of his chair again, but Aizawa's glare kept him seated.

  "Some of you may already have ideas, but they'll have to wait until this evening. First, you have maths with Ectoplasm."

  The groans were music to his ears.

_______

  After what felt like hours of torture, class 1A were finally standing outside one of the presently unused training facilities. Aizawa, Cementoss and Ectoplasm were waiting outside. Cementoss in particular seemed rather excited.

  "Welcome everyone, to the TDL, Or Training Dining Land!"

  "They are really trying for those acronyms..." Izuku clicked quietly.

  "It is here that you will spend the next 3 weeks creating, improving and perfecting your supermoves." Cementoss began. "Now, I'm sure some of you may have things resembling supermoves already, like your Recipro young Iida, or Mask's Matter Creation."

  It's not matter creation. Mask thought. It looked like matter creation, but what he was really doing was-

  "Cementoss will be in charge of constructs and landscaping. If any of you need a human opponent or advice, Ectoplasm is here to create live test dummies and instructors." Aizawa said. "Don't die. Now get to work."

  Then Dadzawa did what Dadzawa does best. He rolled himself expertly into a worn yellow sleeping bag and fell asleep.

  Ectoplasm sighed before turning to the students.

  "Everybody spread out around the facility and start brainstorming, or jump straight into trying things out."

  The class nodded, thankful for the slightly more detailed instructions.

  Izuku chose a random flat plateau of concrete and sat down, an Ectoplasm clone waiting patiently nearby.

  The teen pulled his mask off, setting it to the side and closing his eyes, thinking deeply about his quirk.

  He'd already achieved near perfect matter manipulation, what more could he do? Solids, liquids, gasses, they all succumbed to his absolute control. With a flick of his wrist Izuku could construct a house in seconds.

  Honestly, the only thing he couldn't conceivably do was...

  Mask stared down at his hands. One warm flesh and blood, the other cold steel and wiring.

  Why couldn't he influence living things? They were made of matter just like everything else in the world. How did his quirk perceive whether some mass of atoms was alive and others weren't? Was it an automatic failsafe built into Alter to prevent accidents? It would be pretty bad if a child turned themselves partially to stone or something...

  Izuku supposed he could work on overcoming that failsafe.

  Placing his steel hand on his flesh forearm, he closed his eyes and focused.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

654 13 9
In a society with 80% of people possess a superhuman ability called a quirk. However, there are the 20% who don't possess a superhuman ability. To th...
4.4K 207 6
You've all heard the tale of Izuku Yagi. The son of All Might and the brother of Izumi Yagi. A child who lost everything as a result of not bearing a...
21.8K 445 26
Izuku Midoriya was born with a quirk. Because of his quirk and preferences he was bullied. Story is currently undergoing editing but the whole story...
3.1K 52 11
This story starts when Izuku's older brother Hiro, goes to the doctor and the doctor tells him a secret that will change his and Izuku's life. After...