Candy

By ComfortablySedated

Candy is on a downward spiral. Tested with the struggles of having no home, no family, and no strength, stayi... More

Content Warning
O N E

T W O

283 6 11
By ComfortablySedated

My middle finger raised up tall above the fingers curled up in my fist. It stood strong, like a freshly erect dick, pointed right at the gates of hell itself. Honeys.

Though it might look and almost feel like a luxurious nightclub filled with top-of-the-line women and fun, that place fucked my world upside down. Took my life away, and my fucking friend's life too. I left myself there. And I'll never get it back. Bri won't get hers back either. Ever.

Some could say I was lucky to get out. But I've never felt happy about it. I hardly feel happy about anything. Nothing lasts long. No one lasts. Feelings are replaceable because they don't exist. I don't feel anything unless I force it. Being a dancer at Honeys left me hollow forever.

At least it taught me a few important things over the many years I spent there. How to please, how to tease, and fucking get on your knees.

Fuck it, I'm not even a person anymore.

Living for tonight, waiting to die tomorrow.

"Do you have a cigarette?" I smiled at a man through the crack of his car window. I don't know him, and I don't care if he knows me, but maybe he'd like to get to know me.

"How old are you?" He snorted, passing me the smoke anyways. "Look a little young to be dr-"

"You gonna call my Dad? 'Cuz I've got my tits out," with a sweetly smile, I gave my chest a shake. "I think I'll get in trouble, mister."

"They look great," he squeezed at the hot leather of his steering wheel, licking his lips at the sight of my knockers.

"Want me to hop in?" Leaning in closer, I let him light my cigarette.

"Do you need a ride or something?"

"No, sweetheart. To talk some business."

His eyes flicked away, focusing on the rearview mirror. "Ah, that's what this is."

"It isn't anything until you want it to be."

Come on, stupid prick. Who doesn't want some head? Quality dick sucking at an affordable price?

"You enjoy the free cigarette there. I'm going to work."

I pushed off of the car, gliding backward as I flipped him the bird. That's twice in one hour. I'm on a fucking roll.

The muscles in my thighs were on fire, making small spasms with every glide in my step. Thank God I only had a mile left to go. I'm weak enough as it is, even after a couple breaks. I'd probably collapse if I had to go any farther.

Two nights without sleep, and an empty belly'll do that to you.

To put some pep in my step, I set myself up with some music, upbeat and dance-worthy. Music makes the time go by faster. Like a time machine, transporting you somewhere else in your mind until the end of the song, then you're left with the lull of reality for the seconds in between.

The birds were chirping now. An indication for the start of a new day. Fresh warm air, and the smell of the ocean nearby. It could almost be the start of a perfect day.

Almost.

Wearing his usual hoodie that was covered in burn holes and cigarette ash, Joey sat on his porch with his rolling tray perched in his lap. Knowing him, those joints were being rolled for us. His special little gift for me before the real fun.

"It's about time," he smiled, pulling the strings on his hoodie so it tightened in a circle around his face. "I'm starving, Candy."

Crashing up against the porch steps, I collapsed down, and let my things fall loose around me. "I did my best getting over here, okay?"

"Let's get breakfast. Some bacon and eggs or something. You hungry?"

"I've had enough meat for the night," I joked, tearing my feet from the skates.

"Were you working?"

"Well, kinda. Mostly just fishing."

"You out already?" He patted the cheap plastic white chair beside him, welcoming me to sit.

"Duh. Feel like I'm always out."

God, it hurt to sit, as much as it was relieving to rest my legs, I was perma-exhausted. Drained completely.

"Wanna smoke this and get food? Just chill out today?" His smile widened as I stretched myself out beside him.

"Absolutely. It's been a while since we've gone out." He passed me the now smoking joint, letting me take the first proper hit. "What's new in your world today?"

"I'm in limbo-land, I suppose. Not really here, or anywhere, just empty for right now. Got off work a couple hours ago. Shit night. You know the stuff."

"Are you still at that grocery store on 22nd?"

"Mhmm," coughing on his hit, he nodded quickly, smacking his chest. "Stocking bullshit."

"Sounds terrible." I laughed at him, giving him a pat on the back. "You gonna be alright?"

"This stuff is chronic. Am I right? Fucking whack."

"Anything's good if it works,"

"Speaking of," starting slow, he eased back in his chair and turned his head to me. That look in his eyes that said, we should talk.

"If this is about me wanting another front, I can explain-"

"Dude," Joey laughed, raising his hand to stop my rambling before it got out of hand. "I'll front you again. Relax, okay? I know how it is."

"You sure you don't mind?"

"Not at all. Shit, you could hang out here for a while if you want. I'm off for the next few days so I can binge a little."

"What do you have?" I asked, noticing my voice took on a hushed tone. It's a rush, like opening presents on Christmas morning.

"Probably gonna gak out. I don't know, I have options. Depends on what you want."

"You're gonna do meth?"

"Yeah, forgot to tell you that started up again." He shrugged his shoulders and yawned, trying to hide his shakes.

"Can I?"

"Sure, If you want. I'll probably just spend the day walking around, gaming here and there."

"I could roll with that. We should do some molly tonight! That'd be fun, don't'cha think?"

"Miss Candy wants some cannndy?" He teased, standing from his chair to grab his pack of cheap smokes from his back pocket.

"You wanted to show me that one anime you've been talking about, right? I love watching stuff while rolling."

Among other things.

"Wait," practically jumping in place, his eyes widened with glee. "Dragon ball? You finally wanna watch it?"

I blew a puff of smoke out, sighing happily as I felt the high weigh down my eyes. "You spent a whole hour talking about it, I almost have to watch it."

"Now we're talking!" Doing a little spin, he waved me up to follow him off the porch. "Come on, let's get food now so we can get to watching it. I've gotta start you on Dragon ball super. You're gonna fuckin' trip. It's absolutely revolutionary."

"You're such a dork, you know that?" Squishing the blunt out in the ashtray beside me, I hoisted myself up and slugged after him.

"You can tease me now, but I guarantee you'll be getting wet for Goku by the end of the night." Like the sweet boy he was, Joey walked to the passenger side of his beater car and held it open for me. "C'mon, Candy! I'm so hungry."

As if on cue, my stomach growled loudly enough for him to hear and we both shared a laugh. There was no hiding that I was starved.

"I don't have any cash, do you got me?"

"Always! No worries, my dude. You've gotta eat something."

Especially if we're gonna spend the best of the day sweating bullets, and rolling hard on molly.

This is exactly what I've been needing.

"Why you sitting funny?" Joey sat across from me, curled up in the corner of our booth, chuckling to himself as he watched me wiggle around in my seat.

"My ass hurts." With a wink, I scooped up the swirl of whipped cream from my short stack of pancakes and licked it off my finger.

"You didn't get beat up, did you?"

"No, well, kinda. I asked him to rough me up."

"A client, or..?"

He's gonna love this one.

"Zach."

"God, him again?" He stabbed at his eggs, jamming them into his mouth as he spoke. Showing obvious distaste.

"He got clean."

"How? He was blowing through your coke faster than you could smell it. Whatever if he's clean, still a cocksucker, I bet. No respect for anyone."

"Yeah, no respect is right. He fucked my ass." I announced, leaning over the table. "No warm up just- BAM!"

Our waitress stood awkwardly at the end of our table, blinking down at the pitcher of ice water in her hand. "I'll circle back around."

"That's rough," Joey sat back, looking past me just enough for me to question if he was actually watching me. "Sounds like a real perv."

"He totally is."

"If you knew he was clean, why'd you go to him?" Half his plate was cleared of the savory food, and the other half crammed into his mouth, shoveling down his throat like a well-oiled machine. I almost lost my train of thought in watching him eat.

Men are a whole different breed.

"For a bed,"

"Could'a crashed at my place." He shrugged, taking a hungry look at my plate. "You gonna eat those or just poke 'em?"

"And for an orgasm." I finished, flashing a cheeky smile as I slid my dish to the center of the table. "We'll share."

"His dick really that good?"

"I'll have him send me a picture." With wide eyes, I nodded enthusiastically. "I'll show you."

"I'm good on that. 'Sides, I didn't ask about the size." His foot playfully kicked out, hitting between my ankles. "Fuckin' weirdo."

"You'd be impressed." I joked, holding out my water cup for the waitress to refill. "Big ol' balls, too. Like a two-hand situation, you've gotta cup 'em with-"

"Two to-go boxes, please?" Joey tapped at the table as he stared up at the waitress.

Who was gawking down at me with bulging eyes.

"I'm sorry you had to hear that." I waved my hand at her, hoping to just brush it off.

"Good for you." Her hand set over her heart and patted slowly while her gaze traveled over to poor Joey.

"Oh," he squirmed in his seat, pulling at his hood to adjust it. Probably to hide his pink cheeks. "She's not talking about me."

What was her name? Gloria?

Gloria made a small 'Oh,' before turning back to me. Silenced by the pure awkwardness of it all. It was laughable. Her expression alone-

Joey just couldn't leave it at that, setting his fork down as he cleared his throat. "I mean, I have a dick... And stuff."

"Joey," I cackled, dropping my head into my hand. I should be used to this, but he'll catch me off guard with this shit. You'd never expect it out of him.

"Balls." He corrected, keeping his composure better than I ever could. "I've got balls.

"You said two boxes?" Gloria was as red as a beet now, blinking rapidly.

"Yeah, two."

Her legs couldn't carry her fast enough as she scrambled across the diner, back to the kitchen. One could only hope she got herself a glass of ice water to cool herself before coming back.

"You're a real wisecrack." I flicked an empty half & half cup at him, aiming for his chin.

"Shh, she's coming back." He composed his face, keeping his twitching lips from breaking into a smile.

"Y'all can pay up from with Gina. Have a great day." In a long, jumbled mess of words, she set down our check along with two square foam boxes and left in double time.

"You've put quite the start to her day. Didn't you?"

"I forgot how early it is. Been so ready to spin out, my mind's all over the place."

"So let's leave and get high," I hummed, reaching over the table to grab his fingers.

"I only have blow on me right now. The molly's at home."

"That's good enough. What do you say, wanna go out to the car?"

"Fuck yes, I do. Pack your food up, hurry."

"Are we gonna-"

"Yep." He nodded, crumbling the check up into his pocket. "Get ready to walk fast."

Always ready, baby.

"How's it taste?" Joey asked, pinching at his nose as he tipped his head back.

"Almost better than the last stuff you gave me." I took his key from him, setting the tip in my nose before sniffing the small white mound of powder up.

I take it back, what I said. It was an understatement to say that this was better. "Where'd you get this?"

"Punch. I always load up from him. That's where you got yours."

"I haven't met him yet." With a shaky hand, I dropped the visor mirror and leaned in to watch my eyes pin.

"You met Punch, don't you remember, like, two months ago. Think we were hangin' outside when he came over."

"I never remember anything."

I'm finally starting to feel right again. At least for the moment. Joey always helps. Or maybe it's just his drugs. The real question was how long would this bubbly feeling last? Until the end of the high, or the end of the night? I suppose it doesn't matter, so long as I'm not alone.

"Oh, I just remembered," he unhooked his seatbelt and turned in his seat, pulling a leg up against the steering wheel. "I've got some 'H' leftover from a few nights ago."

"I'd probably kill myself if I did heroin."

"You can talk to me, you know." He nervously chewed on his nails, trying to get a read on me.

I shouldn't have been so insensitive in saying that. He lost his childhood friend, and best companion, to suicide. Well, J believes he meant to die- suicide. An intentional overdose.

We were close enough for him to feel a sting from that comment. He cared for me like a brother, and even if he didn't take all my cares away, he found a way for me to numb them. It was insulting to say what I did.

"I'm sorry."

"I feel where you're coming from, alright. I won't be giving you any 'H', though. Can't have you goin' out on me."

"That was in poor taste, I really am sorry." My teeth were grinding now, desperate to find a fixation. Something to chew on or gnaw at.

His bony fingers tapped over the filter of each cigarette in his pack as he counted them one by one. "What's been going on?"

"I guess I'm just tired."

"C'mon, I know it's more than that. I'd rather hear about it now than-"

"No, I'm serious." I reached out, taking a smooth fresh cig from the pack. "I'm tired of waking up and standing up. Fucking sick of moving, breathing, and feeling. If I allowed myself to get low, I'd be out."

He nodded in silence and sparked me up, watching the red glow of the tobacco burning. The dark circles under his eyes became more prominent as his eyes began to sag. I was making him sad.

"Listen, I'm okay. I know there's lots of shit going on, some of it heavier than the rest, but..."

"Do you think your work is wearing you low?"

"I guess." Paying no mind to the smoke in my eyes, I shrugged, twisting my hands in my lap. "Sex is sex, though. And the money is all here."

Upon noticing that I was gesturing to my body, he swallowed up his discomfort. "But, you get mistreated."

"Only sometimes. Most times, I can make anyone happy. I've got anything they want."

"You say this all the time, but don't you ever feel like enough is enough? There's other line's of-"

"I'm not getting involved in any more industries where I become some fucking cash cow for them. Rotting in a cell, wishing I was dead." My teeth stayed clasped tightly together as I spoke, adding effect to the passion I felt in my chest.

"You want to be the one to control your life." He agreed, finally acknowledging my fight.

"It's been out of hand for too long."

"Let's start by finding you better work."

"It's not that easy." I countered, picking at the scabs on my knees. "It's the best way I know how to stay working."

"Let me at least try to find you something cool. I'll look around for some jobs, ask some people." In between yawns, Joey shook out his voice, starting to sound more upbeat. Like he couldn't get his words out as fast as he needed.

"We'll see, for now, I'm gonna do what I can. I won't let you down, that's important to me."

"Stop going to that Zach guy and just focus on moving ahead for yourself. Don't worry about letting me down." Behind his laugh was a hint of frustration.

I know how much he hates Zach. Even for how little he knows him. Maybe, I told him too much of the bad shit. I tend to do that a lot.

"I pocketed some cash from him. He makes good money now, looks like."

He clapped his hands together with a laugh, loudly asking, "How much?"

"Eighty-five. From his wallet." I cackled, lifting the wad of cash from where I stuffed it in my bag. "He didn't notice at all! Can you believe that?"

"I betcha he'll notice his wallet is clean,"

"But will he say anythin'? No way." Brushing the cash along my fingertips, I gave a small smile, just for myself. This was something to be proud of. My way of getting by.

"Take half of that and save it."

Kicking back in the seat, I rested my legs up to the dashboard and curled myself to be ultra-comfortable. "Why? What am I saving it for?"

"I dunno," Joey had a way about him, a hopeful light that never seemed to burn out. He never wanted to give up on himself, and he didn't want to see me do it either. "Maybe a car. Or something big, like a deposit for an apartment."

"How many dicks do you think I'll have to suck to get enough for a car?"

"Sheesh," he sighed, taking another smoke from the pack. "Probably...well, I don't know, Candy. Has to be around approximately one hundred and five."

"Jesus, you know, that might be close. At least for a shitty car."

"Or a down payment."

"Enough of this right now," I laughed, waving my hand about. "I'm getting bored, Joseph."

"Don't call me that, Candice." He raised his brows, making his eyes wide and exaggerated. "I swear it now, you're testing your luck."

"Oh, am I?"

"Big time. Now you've gotta spend the whole day with me, rotting with boredom and wasted potential."

"Is that what you nerdy guys call watching anime?"

"Aw, brutal. I thought you-"

"I do!" Immediately feeling bad for my snarky joke, I knew it was time to tone down the teasing. "I hope you know that I'm looking forward to this."

"'This', being?" With his pinkie finger, he rubbed the remnants of powder onto his gums before crumbling up the plastic baggie.

"Spending time with you." I walked my fingers up the white canvas of his shoes and pulled his laces untied.

"For a while, I felt like you were avoiding me." Making light of the conversation, he made a goofy face to ease his nerves. "I know it's hard to look at this ugly face for so long-"

"Shut it," I blew a puff of smoke at him and tossed away the dead butt. "You and your ugly face are what's getting me through the day."

"And my drugs, of course." He added, flicking me the side-eye.

"Nope, just your gorgeous smile sweetheart." I tried a subtle accent, going for somewhere in between a passionate Italian mob wife and-

"Be honest with me here," Joey's face fell serious as he met my laughing face. One might have a hard time deciding if he was truly upset, but I could see through that little twinkle in his eye. "I was thinking... this isn't doing much for me."

"What isn't?" God, when he talks that that, my panties could get soaked in an instant. He could have any number of surprises up his sleeve, and they all would be a guaranteed hit with me.

"A few bumps off this rusty key is no good for two depressed chumps like us." His lower lip pulled between his teeth as he tore the thin layer of skin off. "What do you say we head to the gas station for some gum and drinks, then we start our trip right?"

"Two peas in a pod, huh?"

"Two very high peas."

With a giddy laugh, I reached for the volume dial on the radio and turned it up. "Let's get it started, baby. Let's see how high we can pea."

"You're so dumb," Joey shook his head, starting up another cigarette as he backed out of the spot.

"So are you, nerd."

"Three words, Candy. Wet. For. Goku."

Loose papers rustled against the soft blow of the fan that sat propped in Joey's bedroom window. A minor distraction to the chaos going on in his living space, I was thankful for the white noise it provided.

I don't judge him for it- the mess. He tries when he can, and sometimes I'll help him get it all straightened up, but he's been living with this depression for his whole existence. It's all he knows. He's never had the peace of a space he can call his own.

"You want the yellow Gatorade or the purple?" He began unpacking the bags of goodies from the gas station, setting them all out for me in a neat line.

"You got two of the worst flavors, jerkoff." Launching a sour worm at his chest, I leaped to my side of his bed to take cover. For any potential sugar bombs to come my way, of course.

"You're a child." The bed shifted with a loud creak as he sat down beside me, snickering to himself. "Drop the pillow. I call a white flag."

"I don't trust you." My cheeks began to hurt from all the smiling, or maybe it was the jaw clenching. "The second I lower this thing, I know I'll have a sticky glob stuck to my nose."

"Wouldn't be a first for you."

"Hey!" I gasped, flinging the pillow down to my lap, only to have a neon green worm soar straight for my face.

"Gotcha!"

"Had to hit low for that one, huh?"

"Wasn't out to hurt your feelings, bud." He smiled, scooting closer to me as he fumbled with a ball of crumpled tinfoil. "Only a scheme to get you to lower the pillow."

Distracted by his effort to pull the foil apart, I gave a small shrug. "Eh, don't worry about it. Cum on the face isn't so bad."

"Better than a gummy worm?" He snorted, finally revealing the small black ball that was tucked in the folds of tinfoil.

"I thought we weren't doing heroin."

With a heavy sigh, packed with a mountain of unspoken words and pain, Joey looked down at the ball of drugs in his hand, defeated. "I need to balance out. I've been up for so long, It doesn't even sound good at this point."

"Are you talking about the-"

"I've been getting so angry lately, you know? Just rabid temper, no control, and I- it's too much to handle."

"You haven't been hurting yourself, have you?"

"Not any more than usual. I've already gone through three fucking TV's. Taking them apart, frying the parts because I don't know what I'm doing. Fuck, few days ago- remember that old ass computer I had? It was making sounds so I took it apart and-"

"And what?" I asked in a soft tone, crisscrossing my legs beside him.

"It's alright," I could tell that he was trying to preserve my feelings, hiding his own behind a fake smile. "I could go on and on about it all. Bottom line is, it's broken and I trashed it."

"Joey,"

"Seriously, you don't gotta worry about it. I don't want to bring you down with me. I know you've got a lot more going on with-"

"'Member what you said to me earlier? Talk to me. Even if it's bullshit about you getting hot and bothered over a piece o' shit desktop. Problems are problems, mine are no worse than yours."

The room fell quiet as he toyed with his lighter, staring in the rubbled mess of his space. No peace in his environment, and no forgiveness in his mind. I felt for him, as I could understand the pain behind his eyes better than anyone. He wasn't just battling the demons in his soul, he was fighting the urge to fall deep into the hole.

Deeper.

"I've wanted to ask this for a while," I only hesitated a moment, because I knew my answer beforehand. Both the real answer, and his placeholder.

"What is it?" He tilted his head, making an effort to take his eyes off of the shiny distraction in his lap.

"Am I making you worse?"

His lips curled as he shoved me with his shoulder, scoffing at just the mere suggestion. "You're being an idiot."

"Serious. I know it's been a little bit since I've came over, but I'm always asking for favors and-"

"If anything, I make you worse. I mean, look-" he gestured his arm around the room, the piles of broken gadgets and glass from pipes. As if it was something that would taint me. "The bad fruit always rots the rest."

"Bad fruit? Pfft- our trees are already rotten. The fruit was made to follow suit."

"I should write that down," he mumbled, rolling up a five-dollar bill, sticking it between his lips. "I like that."

"You sure you don't mind me taking all your molly?"

"All of it?" He laughed out, looking over at the bag of pills sitting beside our snacks and goodies.

"Figuratively speaking, of course. Just what I need, that's all I'll have."

"You know I don't care. You're just gonna have to turn on the anime."

"Lazy ass." I teased as he sparked the lighter, bring it to burn under the tinfoil, sizzling the heroin on the surface.

I wish I liked heroin as much as I enjoyed other things. I just want to be happy.

I could understand the need to find balance and settle your body back to a near medium after bingeing on uppers, but I can't bring myself to make it my choice. Especially after seeing my best friend's mother lose her life to the stuff. Angel fought hard, but she found more peace in the high than she could in life

Joey let out his second hit and sighed, relaxing back into the headboard. "Blame it on the drugs, bud."

My skin is alive again. I can feel the throb of blood passing through my veins, pumping faster as my heart spead its beat. I could see again. Everything. Details in every movement. The world wasn't so gray anymore.

I felt alive.

"Joey," I tapped at his chest, following the deep rise and fall of his breathing. If I wasn't so wired, his heartbeat could make me fall asleep. The steady rhythm of it in my ear alone could almost be a form of hypnotherapy. I'd pay money for it.

"Hmm?"

"You awake?"

"No." He grunted, fumbling around his sheets to find his pack of cigarettes. "What's'a matter?"

"Are you still watching?"

"Mhmm," after sparking his cig, he passed it to me, laying his arm around my back.

"I don't understand why there's two of this guy." I took the smoke gratefully, storing my gum into the side of my cheek so I could speak without smacking.

He hates that.

"Who?" I could tell he was nodding off again, starting a quiet snore as his body went limp under me.

"Wake up, baby. Don't zonk on me yet." My fingertips pressed gently into his belly, tickling for a quick second to wake him back up.

"Sorry," he giggled, swatting at my hand. "What'd you say? Did I miss something?"

"I don't remember his name. Vagina?"

"Vegeta. Jesus, have you even been watching?"

"I don't know Japanese! I'm doing my best here, though, and you can't tell me that I'm not. I just wanna know why there's a purple one now. A purple Vagin- Vegeta."

After taking a moment to breathe through a slow chuckle, Joey cleared his throat in preparation for another drag. "It's a clone, Candy. An evil clone."

"Oh, yeah. Okay, I understand."

"No, you don't." He cackled, finally showing some life in him after sinking into the bed. This motherfucker was high. "I guess I should'a started you from the start of the series. I just love these episodes."

Higher than me.

Maybe not.

I was on a whole different level. A mind racing, fast-paced, thoughts, and ideas flying around everywhere- kind of level. If I didn't respect him so much as my friend, I would be giving in to all my horny urges and breaking that boundary between us. It was only for the fuck. Only to feel that need satisfied.

And that's what Zach is for.

A few texts here and there to keep him on my string, and he's blowing up my cell by midnight. I'll call it now, he'll be begging me to let him hit again.

Perfect for me, convenient for him.

"You are a god damn heater, bud."

"Are you saying I'm too hot?" If I had a way to manually shut down this flirty behavior, I would.

"Yes." He laughed softly, hiding away any bit of nervousness. His drug of choice made him relaxed, sleepy, and happy. In a peaceful state until slumber came. He was comfortable with me. "You've got me sweating."

"I'm already half-naked."

"I know."

"Wish you had AC."

"You're telling me." He shifted in his spot, turning into me so he didn't have to be flat on his back. "Hey, your phone's buzzing."

"It's probably Zach. Sending love notes to my pussy."

"Nice."

"One little reunion is never enough, I guess."

"So, you're planning on seeing him again?" He asked, talking my cig from my mouth to ash it for me.

"I think so. Why? Do you wish I wouldn't?"

"Well, you do what you want, but, if you're looking for a place to crash, do it at mine."

All he had to do was say the words.

As long as I had a dick to sit on.

"Zach has AC." I teased, lifting my phone to check the messages.

"Yeah, and apparently a nice dick too."

"Apparently."

"Fuckin' weirdo."

There were loads of messages, and not all of them were from Zach. The majority was work. Money. Men wanting a piece of me for a cheap negotiated price. God, I fucking love the internet. If I decided to accept half of these offers, I'd be booked for the rest of the day.

"Where'd you go?" He asked me softly, tapping the spacebar on his laptop to pause the show. "You got sucked into your phone, is everything okay?"

"Yeah!" I responded quickly, dropping my cell down between us on the bed. "I thought it'd be Zach, but some guy wants to meet up around two in the afternoon. Before his wife suspects, he says. Funny isn't it?"

"Cliche, to say the least. You leaving me, then? Just gonna ditch me alone here to watch this amazing show by myself?"

"Awe," with a pout, I sat up from my spot and looked down at him. "I won't be leaving for a while. It's only-"

Oh shit. It's already noon.

"Yeah, that's what I'm saying," Joey laughed, tucking an arm behind his head. "You like to get all ready and stuff before you work."

"Nobody likes a butter face." I slapped my hands on my cheeks and squished them together, showing an ugly smile.

"You aren't a butter face, Candy. Damn, check the mirror or something."

"With make up on. Don't lie to me, jerk-off."

Instead of firing back a witty retort, Joey closed his mouth around the filter of his smoke, letting the cloud hit his squinted eyes. He knew he didn't have to voice his disagreement, it was a topic we were never fully on the same page with.

I was a dumpster fire without a mask on.

"You want a ride? I'm guessing you're gonna head to the motel by the diner downtown."

"Yeah, but I think the fresh air'll be good for me. Plus, it's a hell of a workout."

"Sure, but, if you ever need a ride, lemme know."

"You know I will."

"I kinda wish you didn't have to leave. Hell, I'd be willing to share a cut of what I'm making today. I've got some decent sales lined up."

"J, you and I both know you need that money." I smiled, scooting off the bed to find my t-shirt. "Plus, I'll probably be banking more than you, baby."

"Bullshit!" He laughed, shaking his head to avert his eyes from watching me dress.

"Trust me, when they start talking about what they want, that dollar sign starts to add up."

"Oh, good! Maybe you can get me back for those fronts." I knew he was teasing, and the money didn't matter, but I really wanted to pay him back. It wasn't fair to him. Using him like this. For nothing in return.

Except for the company.

"Speaking of..."

"Yes, you can take the bag with you. Just don't take 'em all in one sitting."

With a squeal, I skipped over to him, ducking down to give him a tight hug. "You're the best. Thank you so much. I'll pay you back every dime, alright?"

"Listen," he smiled, passing me the rest of his cigarettes so I had some for my long journey. "Don't worry about that. Just use that cash to put into some sort of savings. Let's get you some wheels."

"I should, huh?" I paused, thinking about it real good. Was it something I could actually accomplish? Being back on my feet like I used to be? At least a little.

"Do it for me, and we'll call our debt square."

"You got a deal."

"Your phones going off again."

"I know, I just wanted to thank you, you know?" My hands played with the box of cigarettes, gently tossing it from hand to hand to busy myself.

"Just thank me by coming over again. It's been hella quiet over here."

"You've got a deal." Pulling off an award-winning smile, I backed away from the bed and made way to get my things.

"Sure you don't need a ride? Anything at all?"

"No, baby." I smiled, pulling open his bedroom door. "I'll be just fine."

🍬
Uh-huh, honey.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

426 48 47
MATURE CONTENT Contains INTIMACY (uncensored) | VIOLENCE | DRUGS | Mention of different KINKS Some violent scenes of this book may be triggering to...
94 6 7
Anna-A bubbly person with just the right amount of Sass has been living her life in her care free way after her parents' death . The tragic incident...
4.3K 622 10
For Eva Winters, life turned out a little more complicated than she had imagined. After years worth of saving, she was finally ready to leave the bus...
1.4M 45K 50
⚠ Warning sexual content!!! ⚠ *Book 1 of the "Unexpected Lovestory" Series* She loved her husband more than her last breath. She was blinded, deafene...