Shade Of Love

By Faithskyyx96

**** COMPLETE **** This novel centers around Faith, a young black woman in her early 20s that's given up on t... More

1 | The Meet
2 | Until Next Time
3 | Plans
4 | The Beach Day
5 | History
6 | Reality
7 | Me & You
8 | The Aftermath
9 | Therapy
10 | The Weekend
11 | The Weekend Part II
12 | The Weekend Part III
13 | Let's Be Real
14 | Into The Deep
15 | Sinderella
16 | The Rift
17 | Pick A Side
18 | Home To Mama
19 | Heartbreak
20 | Sextasy
21 | I Think I Love You
22 | Reunited
23 | Anita
24 | Secrets
25 | Monday
26 | Sensuality
27 | Unforgettable
28 | There Will Be Drama Part I
29 | There Will Be Drama Part II
30 | Time
31 | No Games
32 | Business
33 | Accountability
34 | The Truth
35 | Girls' Night
36 | Purpose
37 | Scarlett
38 | Warning
39 | The Impossible
40 | Maybe Baby
41 | Confirmation
42 | Final Warning
43 | Safer
44 | Irreplaceable
46 | Big Moment
47 | Spill The Beans
48 | Exposed
49 | Path
50 | Trouble
51 | Home
52 | Let's Get Married .. Part 1
53 | Let's Get Married .. Part 2
54 | That Time Of Year
55 | Merry Christmas
56 | Loose Ends
57 | Questions
58 | Karma
59 | At Last
New Book

45 | Panic

1.2K 78 21
By Faithskyyx96

Chapter 45 : Panic

I sat there while my hand trembled frantically, staring down at the blood that was now covering it. I felt a sharp sensation poke at my heart and my chest suddenly felt tightened.

"Omar!," I cried out.

He ran into the bathroom and instantly began to drop his head once he looked down at me.

"We have to go to the hospital now," he yelled out.

I could hear the pain and fear in his voice but he managed to hold it together for me. I felt absolutely horrible. He hadn't wanted to have sex but I let my hormones get the best of me and that might've cost us our child.

I quickly wiped myself off and flushed the toilet hurriedly standing up. I washed my hands off as tears fell from my face.

"I'm ready let's go," I announced.

We quickly made our way to Omar's car and climbed in as fast as we could. The whole car ride we both stayed completely silent, I don't think there was anything that could be said. We just sat there as still as ever listening to the awful music that played quietly from his speakers.

When we arrived at the hospital we turned into the emergency entrance and were immediately met by friendly valet members. Omar grabbed a nearby wheelchair and I sat down in it quickly as he began to push me through the double doors of the hospital.

I looked around and noticed several beautiful aquarium walls that covered the waiting room. The glow from them gave the whole area a beautiful blue glow.

The waiting room was mostly empty but a few people sat in chairs rows apart from each other with their heads turned in different directions to face the huge flatscreen tvs that were mounted on some of the walls.

Omar pushed me up to the front desk where a beautiful fair skinned woman sat in front of her double monitors typing rapidly.

"Hi there, my name is Paige. How can I help you?," she asked calmly.

"I, um. I think I'm miscarrying," I replied numbly.

"Oh no. Let me get you to fill out these forms for me and we're going to get you in with the nurse immediately," she stated.

I grabbed the forms and clipboard from her and quickly began filling out the paperwork. I slid them back to her moments later along with my ID and insurance card.

"You must work in healthcare huh?," she smiled.

"Yes. We were off for awhile due to the storm but I've been with my job for about a year I'm a medical assistant," I answered.

We continued small talk until another set of automatic double doors opened and a short nurse with tan skin and mid-back length beautiful deep black hair walked out announcing my name.

Omar quickly pushed me towards her, still remaining completely silent.

"I'll push her from here, but you can come with us as long as she says it's okay," the nurse announced. She grabbed the wheelchair handles from Omar and smiled at me, "I'm Nurse Savi."

"Nice to meet you," I replied dully.

Omar followed closely after us as we made our way into a triage lab room.

"Can I have you step up on the scale for me and provide me with your name and date of birth," she insisted.

I stepped on the scale and announced my full name and birthday for her and she nodded and said I was okay to sit onto the treatment table.

"I'm just going to take down some information from you and then we're going to get you into your actual room for the doctor okay?," she stated.

"That's fine."

"Okay so I see here you think you're miscarrying why is that?," she asked.

I gulped. Hearing the word just made things seem realer and sadder. It felt like I had a cold hard piece of ice lodged in my throat. I could barely speak freely enough to answer her.

"We um— we had sex and I noticed blood, a lot of it when I went to the bathroom afterwards," I replied.

"Nurse is there anything you can tell us now just to prepare us?," Omar asked.

His eyes were widened and red as though he had been crying, but I hadn't noticed until now. His hands were slightly trembling and he was biting on his lower lip nervously.

"I've seen these situations go both ways, all I can recommend is to try to take a deep breath and keep the faith," she replied. She winked at me when she said Faith and I chuckled lightly, I had been hearing that joke my whole life.

"How far along are you?," she asked as she continued typing on the portable computer she had standing with her.

"I'm not sure, I only just found out a few days ago and I was on birth control so I'm not sure how to track anything," I replied.

"Okay so what we're going to do is get you down to our ultrasound tech for her to take a look at you get some images and I'm also going to take some labs and urine from you," she stated.

The blood pressure cuff she had placed on me minutes ago began to release and beep giving a reading, I looked up at it and read the numbers with a sigh of relief. My blood pressure was perfectly normal. 120/80. Pulse was at 80.

"Vitals look good. Can you go ahead and get some urine in this cup for me?," she asked, handing me a small cup.

I nodded and quickly made my way into the restroom to get the urine. I surprisingly had to pee quite a bit. I still noticed blood when wiping so my anxiety began to spike through the roof again.

I came back from the restroom and handed her the cup. She placed it down on a paper towel on the counter and made her way towards me for the labs. She stuck me quickly and softly and before I knew it she was applying bandages to my arm and was completely finished.

"Can he come with me? He's the dad," I asked.

"Of course, let's go ahead."

We made our way down the hallway to the radiology department, it felt darker, colder. We approached a door that read Ultrasound Room 1.

Moments later the door flung open wide and there stood a beautiful pecan colored woman with a beautiful Afro. I didn't judge anyone by color but I loved seeing my own kind succeeding and with great jobs.

"Hi! I'm Laila, come on in," she insisted.

The nurse that walked us there told me that she would be putting in my labs and following up with me after the ultrasound in my assigned room. The ultrasound tech announced that she would be guiding me there afterwards.

The ultrasound room was freezing cold but beautiful colored paintings lined the walls causing a lovely glow with different colors to project over the room. It felt somehow welcoming.

My heart was beating out of my chest. I had already prepared for the worst but this was my first time ever having to have any kind of ultrasound so I had no idea of how this went.

"Okay so what I'm going to have you do is get into this gown for me and just leave your bottoms completely off," she instructed.

I quickly got into the gown and my eyes landed on Omar. He had taken a seat in a chair directly next to the bed I'd be laying on. The equipment was on the opposite side of the bed already powered on.

I made my way onto the table and laid back sliding down to the bottom as I was told.

"Okay so I'm only an ultrasound technician but due to these situations often being scares I do have permission to show you the fetus if viable and there's a heartbeat," she stated.

In other words if the baby was okay and alive she could tell me, if not she would be completely silent and I'd have to wait for the doctor. This somehow made my nerves even worst.

"I understand," I replied.

"This is going to be a little bit cold," she announced. She had placed a cool gel onto an ultrasound probe and gently placed it onto my lower abdomen.

Omar began to stare at the screen from a distance and I attempted to read the look on his face, it seemed easier than looking at a screen I wouldn't be able to read but he still just seemed numb and I wasn't able to see any expressions on his face.

"Well, there's your baby," the tech announced. She had a wide grin on her face as she turned the screen towards me.

"Huh, where?," I asked, dumbfounded.

"Right there," she said, pointing to the screen.

I looked at the screen and a light grey gummy-bear looking image sat in the middle of what looked like a black bubble. I looked closer and seen what looked like a little flicker lighting up and moving.

"What's that?," I asked pointing at the flicker.

"That's your baby's heartbeat. It's at 168, so it's perfect," she replied.

"So it's okay?," Omar asked. His eyes had gotten even wider and his hands tightened around mine.

"Yup perfectly okay, about 10 weeks," she replied.

She played the heartbeat out loud and it sounded like a little horse galloping, the weirdest but cutest thing ever.

"It's moving," I yelled. The little glob was moving its little nubs around and I could see the head even more now that I was looking closer.

"Yup that's normal," she smiled.

"I can't believe it," I squealed in excitement. I smiled at Omar and he smiled back with tears in his eyes. I had never seen him cry so this made me also shed tears.

"I love you," he said, placing a kiss onto my forehead.

"And we love you too," I replied towards the screen.

This had been just a scare but secretly it gave me all the confirmation that I might have needed, this was happening, I was becoming a mom.

After looking at the screen for a few more moments we secretly took some pictures on our phones and followed our tech down to a treatment room. We still needed to speak with the doctor before being discharged but I had a huge weight removed from my chest.

We arrived to the room and it was super clean and comforting. The foot of the bed had several clean warm blankets and a tv remote on it.

"The doctor should be in in a few, nice meeting you guys," the tech announced as she left making her way back to her department.

I laid on the bed and Omar quickly covered me with one of the warm blankets.

"I'm so relieved," he stated.

"Me too, I've never felt that kind of fear before," I replied.

"Me either."

I grabbed his hand and kissed it. We continued to wait for the doctor and watched a repeat episode of Law & Order SVU.

A/N : Hey guys!! Hope you enjoyed the chapter! I'm so thankful for those of you still following this story it means everything to me! Stay tuned. 🤍🦋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

666K 40K 58
Love is just a word until someone comes along and gives it a memory... You know you're in love when you can say anything to the person and you know t...
1.1M 8.6K 9
WARNING‼️This book contains abstruse topics such as Dark Love, Abuse, Violence etc if you are not comfortable with the above please feel free to swip...
1M 16.2K 87
{Completed} I bend her over the table and smack her perfect shaped ass. She moaned in response and oh how it was music to my ear. I place my dick at...
21.7K 861 27
TEASER: "No fiancée of mine needs to learn how to fight." His breath flows upon the prickling skin of my neck. I close my eyes, involuntarily shu...