The escapee - Marvel

By Br3adst1ck

Fourteen-year-old Seven has spent her entire life imprisoned in the HYDRA and Red Room facility, experimented... More

Chapter 1 - Alone in New York
Chapter 2 - Peter Parker
Chapter 3 - Identity crisis
Chapter 4 - Who are the avengers?
chapter 5 - Crashing the meeting
Chapter 6 - Mind Games and Nicknames
Chapter 7 - Trapped in the cell
Chapter 8 - Trust
Chapter 9 - Flashback
Chapter 10 - "Magic"
Chapter 11 - The black widow recreation project
Chapter 12 - Important meetings
Chapter 13 - Becoming a mother
Chapter 14 - Hot & cold
Chapter 15 - Relief
Chapter 16 - The facility
Chapter 17 - "Natalia"
Chapter 18 - "Basically Peter's mom"
Chapter 19 - The necklace
Chapter 20 - Late night talks
Chapter 21 - Trip to SHIELD
Chapter 22 - "It's you"
Chapter 23 - Another mission
Chapter 24 - Shadow
Chapter 25 - Death wish
Chapter 26 - "Romanoff or Rogers?"
Chapter 27 - Parties and planning
Chapter 28 - "Screw this"
Chapter 29 - Ballet routines
Chapter 30 - Fake plants
Chapter 31 - Exposed
Chapter 32 - An eventful patrol
Chapter 33 - Unusual activity
Chapter 34 - "Midtown school of science and technology"
Chapter 35 - Red Room facility
Chapter 36 - The aftermath
Chapter 37 - The lesbians and their dog
Chapter 38 - A gut-wrenching ache
Chapter 39 - "He's dying"
Chapter 40 - A new side to Romanoff
Chapter 41 - "She was a pretty everything"
Chapter 42 - awakening
Chapter 43 - unlikely relationship advice
Chapter 44 - bright neon orange
Chapter 45 - The fake name
Chapter 46 - Thomas, Parker, and Thompson.
Chapter 47 - "Ned wants to know your star sign"
Chapter 48 - The truth, the fight, and the recompense.
Chapter 49 - Cookies
Chapter 51 - The changes fall brings
Chapter 52 - More than a crush
Chapter 53 - A really shitty day
Chapter 54 - Drenched
Chapter 55 - Fifth period geometry
Chapter 56 - "Welcome home"
Chapter 57- Pessimism Vs Realism
Chapter 58 - Ivan's idea of a practical joke
Chapter 59 - The red room
Chapter 60 - The motherland
Chapter 61 - Grey hairs and great peripheral vision
Chapter 62 - Grief that swallows you whole
Chapter 63 - Funerals
Chapter 64 - The older widows
Chapter 65 - Time
Chapter 66 - Happiness? Disappointment? Longing?
Chapter 67 - "Who is she, anyway?"
Chapter 68 - Tea
Chapter 69 - December
Chapter 70 - Opal Abbott, Fanny Longbottom, and Toby Grey,
Chapter 71 - Casino
Chapter 72 - Notebooks & love confessions.
Chapter 73 - Unfinished business.
Chapter 74 - A death in the family
Chapter 75 - "Blondes have the most fun"
Chapter 76 - "It's complicated doll, I am sorry."
Chapter 77 - Broken wi(n)dows
Chapter 78 - for the window.
Chapter 79 - "I don't know, something went wrong."
Chapter 80 - Yelena
Chapter 81 - "Puppy Patrol"

Chapter 50 - Rooftops

8.2K 307 138
By Br3adst1ck

"What are you doing with those?" Peter quizzed as she met him on the rooftop on a building nearby to the tower, gingerbread in hand.  

"We are going to make a pit stop" She explained, walking closer to him.

"Okay, but how are you going to fly? you don't have any hands free" He pointed to the cookies again.

"Oh shit yeah" She realised. Without her hands, she couldn't bend the air around her.

"Here's an idea," Peter said, "I could just carry you" He shrugged.

"Carry me?" She asked.

"Yeah, like just hold you around the waist"

"Okay but what if you just held the cookies instead? You only need one hand to swing with" She suggested instead.

"What if I drop them?" 

"I doubt you will" Seven reasoned.

"but I might"

"But you won't"

"We really don't know that," He reasoned, " but what we do know is that I can be clumsy. I think its easier if I just carry you" 

"Fine" Seven said hesitantly, walking so she was stood next to him and he could wrap his arm around her waist. "It seems like you just want to carry me" 

"Nope," Peter shook his head as they swung from the building. "Just for convenience."

Seven sighed and rolled her eyes, "you haven't even asked where we're going" She said, raising an eyebrow.

"Where are we going then?" Peter mocked, 

"The triskelion" 

"But I haven't got my card," Peter said, voice slightly panicked, he wasn't about to be left behind.

"Neither have I," Seven said, "but we won't need them, I have a plan"

"Care to elaborate?" Peter asked, focusing on listening and webbing at the same time.

"Well, you know that one window that Fury always keeps open?" Peter nodded, "we're going to go through that one"

When Peter had swung them all the way to the Triskelion, he then focused on climbing up the walls up to the roof so they could enter through the window that was just below. 

Seven handed Peter the cookies as he could crawl on the ceiling and hold the plate at the same time and she could just fly headfirst through the window. Peter went first and when she could no longer see his feet poking out the window she threw herself into the air, aligning her body with the thin window and pushing herself through.

Unfortunately she had miscalculated the fact that Peter was going to be waiting on the ceiling on the other side, giving her substantially less room than she had originally thought she would get. To avoid crashing into him she angled her body downwards but caught her foot on the outside of the window, causing her to lose her focus and be dragged down to the floor, landing with a loud bang as her body smacked against the floor.

As soon as she crashed onto the floor Fury noticed her and out of reflex threw a knife, landing a few inches away from her face. 

"Jesus Christ!" Seven exclaimed as she leapt away, pulling the knife from the floor.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Fury hissed, "I almost stabbed you!"

"I know!" Seven whispered back, shaking the knife at him. "You did miss though" She added, "you may want to re-evaluate your aim"

Just as Seven began to laugh, Peter flipped down from the ceiling, holding the cookies out for her to take. 

Fury leapt out of his seat and went again to reach for the knife but soon realised he had already thrown that one, and he didn't have a back up. 

Seven slid the knife into the holster on her suit and took the tin-foiled plate from Peter, walking closer to the desk where Fury had sat back down again, cautious and searching the room with his gaze for anyone else.

"It's so late" Fury stated, "How did you know that I would be here?"

"I checked your calendar" Seven said, "You're here until twelve. Do you even have a social life?"

"My social life is my work," Fury said proudly and Seven and Peter exchanged glances.

"I really don't think that counts" Peter murmured quietly before shutting up when he saw the look he was receiving from Fury's one working eye.

"Why are you two here?" The man asked, sounding exhausted, "And can I have my knife back?"

"No" Seven deadpanned, "buuuuttttt we did bring you cookies" She drew it out, building up as if Fury would become excited.

"Really? Are they poisoned?" He hesitantly took the plate from Seven's outstretched hand, taking off the tin foil. "Gingerbread?! These are my favourite, how did you know?" A grin had overtaken his face as he admired the cookies.

"Lucky guess?" Seven said, she had no idea that these were his favourite, she had just wanted to make ones she could ice. "I'm just apologising for earlier, sorry you had to have your meeting rescheduled" 

"Does this one have a little eye patch?" Fury exclaimed, pointing at the one she had iced with Wanda, completely ignoring her apology.

"Uh, yeah" Seven nodded, 

"Is this one meant to be a boy or a girl?" Peter asked, looking at the cookies with his head at an angle.

"Neither," Seven said, "They aren't either" She replied.

"They're good," Fury said as he took a big bite out of the cookie that Peter had been talking about.

"I'm glad?" Seven said, quite horrified as Fury munched on the person's legs. "Anyway, we should probably go" She pointed up at the open window while using her other hand to reach out and grab Peter's arm, pulling him away from the desk so he couldn't steal any more cookies.

"What, why?" Peter whined, his voice muffled due to the cookie stuffed into his mouth.

"Patrol? Remember?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Oh yeah," He shrugged, "Bye Fury!"

Peter extended his wrist and shot a web, pulling himself through the window and back onto the roof and Seven followed, flying up so she could go through the window.

"You guys know you can use the door" Fury called after them, sighing and sitting back into his chair when he realised they were already out of earshot.

Seven hovered by the top of the roof while Peter spoke, asking her where she thought they should head to next.

"How about that way?" she pointed left. 

"Okay" Peter agreed before jumping and freefalling from the roof, Seven following him down until he caught himself a few meters from the pavement.

"I hate when you do that" Seven told him as they flew, rather close to the ground.

"Really? It's great" He said in disbelief, "I never know whether I will catch myself in time or not" 

Seven looked over, startled. The two carried on in silence until Peter broke it again, "Want to race?"

"Of course I do" She yelled, "And I'll win!"

"No, you won't" He yelled back, "just like Mario kart"

"Oh now you're on for sure," She said, shaking her head, "To the Starbucks sign?" 

"Go!" He said as quickly as possible before shooting another web and swinging off, trying to get as much as a lead as possible. 

Seven instantly pushed herself harder, bending the air faster around her until she was considerably more in front than Peter who was still trying to catch up.

Seven let her mind wander as she floated. She turned her head and looked through each of the shop windows as they passed, the street was made up of mostly restaurants and fast food places but it didn't look any less magical for her, the lights casting shadows onto the pavements. 

She narrowed her eyes and came to a swift stop suddenly, causing Peter to smash straight into the back of her, grabbing on tightly as his web tightened on a lamp post and she lost her focus and began to fall. He grabbed her waist and held her against him again, checking her for any injuries so he could figure out why she had just suddenly stopped.

"Are you okay? What happened?" Peter asked worriedly but Seven shushed him.

"Shhh, look" She pointed into the restaurant window where sat in the window booth were two familiar people.

"Is that Nat and Steve?" Peter asked excitedly and Seven nodded, 

"I knew they had a date tonight but I had no idea it was here" She explained, "Lucky coincidence I guess"

The two hung there watching them for a minute, they seemed so natural out of the tower. Both adults were talking and laughing together until the other people sitting at window booths noticed the two young heroes outside, and started talking and pointing, which gathered their attention.

Slowly, Natasha turned her head to look out the window and just stared when she saw them, Peter hanging motionless from a web, holding Seven with his arm around her waist so she wouldn't fall. The three stared back and forth silently until Steve also looked over and also stared. 

Seven laughed nervously before her and Peter waved, causing Natasha's look to intensify. 

"Peter?"

"Yes?"

"Swing away." As soon as Peter heard her he shot another web and they were gone, leaving Natasha and Steve to their date. 

"Did you see her face?" Peter laughed as they came to a stop on another rooftop, sitting with their feet dangling over the edge.

"She looked so clueless at first" She commented, "and then just really, really mad"

"I don't think Tony will be in charge again any time soon," Peter said, thinking about the trouble he would get in by Natasha for letting them go without talking to her.

"I don't know about that, if she brings it up then she will have to explain where she saw us" Seven reminded him, "and she knows that that leaves a gap for follow up questions"

"Which she most certainly does not want" Peter added.

Seven thought for a second, "Peter?" Seven asked, her tone much more serious.

"Mhm?" He eyed her analytically.

"Why didn't you ever fight back?" She said, "to Flash, I mean"

Peter sighed and thought about his answer for a moment. "If I fought back against Flash then we both know that I would beat him. And if I beat him then he would get bored of me and wouldn't want to be shown up, so he would move on to some actually defenceless kid who couldn't even protect themself. At least I have super healing."

Seven couldn't believe how selfless he was, letting himself be beaten up every day just to possibly save someone else.

"You know you aren't worthless, right?" She asked, voice sincere.

"Yeah, I know" He smiled a little at her.

"And you aren't stupid either" 

"That I do know for sure" He laughed, "my test scores are always higher than Flash's, another reason he hates me"

"And" She added, "You do have friends" 

"Surprised?" 

"Not really, you're too nice to hate," She said, bumping his shoulder. "Plus you do have the best best friend in the entire world"

"Careful Ven, your head won't fit through the elevator" He joked, nudging her back.

"Ha ha, very funny" She rolled her eyes. "Oh! I almost forgot" She fished into her suit pocket and pulled out a small zip lock bag with two cookies in, opening it and handing one to Peter. "These are celebratory cookies"

"Celebrating what exactly? Your black eye?" 

"The fact that I didn't get suspended but Flash did" She grinned.

"Really?"

"Yep, and they couldn't see your face or identify you on any of the security cameras which means you don't have to speak to the school about it!" 

"That's even better," Peter said, chewing. "But what happened to you?"

"I have a week's long detention," She said, sulking.

"Actually" He corrected, "We have a week's-long detention" He put the rest of the cookie into his mouth and chewed.

"What do you mean 'we'? They never caught that it was you" She cocked her head, trying to figure it out.

"Well I'm just a great friend and won't let you go on your own," he said lovingly, flashing a grin at her.

"And?"

"Why do you always think people can't just be being nice? There isn't always a catch." Seven gave him an obvious look and he sighed, "yeah okay I guess that is a fine reason. And I know I said there wasn't always a catch but in this case, there is. Happy won't come twice so I kind of need to stay"

"There it is" She declared smugly. "That is sooooooo nice of you" her tone mocking and sarcastic.

"Trust me, you'll want company," He said, "detention is boring"

"Well then thank you , I guess you didn't have to do that as you could've spent the hour in the library or someplace." She actually meant what she was saying this time.

" I don't mind," He said back, meaning it too. "I like spending time with you."

She smiled at him for a moment before saying, "I would love spending time with me too"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.9K 355 40
Natasha thinks she's lost all her hope. Alone in the red room she feels like a no one, like no one needs her. That's until she meets a little girl...
53.1K 1.7K 66
The aftermath of Ultron leaves many people in situations they thought they'd never find themselves. Two of the avengers very own find themselves in q...
34.4K 686 32
Y/N Starks life isn't like your average teenager. Most kids her age are going to high school, going to partys, applying for collage... but Y/N? Y/N...
406 19 36
Lizzilyn Aayel has had a bittersweet life. Her life is about to change forever. Lizzi is different, but different doesn't always mean good. Not even...