That Voice Actor's Voice

By polaris_epsilon

Embark on a rollercoaster ride of workplace drama, hidden secrets, and unexpected friendships in "Ordinary Ec... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99

Chapter 36

2 0 0
By polaris_epsilon

I was born in a family involved in politics and medicine.

My father had different government positions in the previous years but when I was in highschool, he was already at a certain high post but nothing like a president or a vice president.

My mother is a doctor, specifically an obstetrician. My parents had four children in total. I have two older brothers, one of them is Dylan, and one older sister that was born before me.

My parents were so strict and wanted us to be either a doctor or be part in politics. With that, my two older brothers are now doctors and my sister is a lawyer that is currently aiming for a higher post for the national government.

I was raised in a high class society. All of us siblings are expected to be good at something.

I found something I'm good at. I fell in love with the piano so I was trained to play the piano and the adults were amazed to see that I had talent for playing the piano.

I realized that I don't want to be in the field of politics and medicine while growing up. I wanted to be different and I want to do I want.

I rebelled and turned to be a notorious kid in high school. I bully people and pick on fights in school.

I'm actually smart and aced every subject so no one actually dares to fight me or go against me, even my teachers. That's probably because of my high-profiled background.

I was popular with the girls but they are only attracted to me because of my family background.

During my senior year in highschool, I met Athena for the first time when she was just a freshman.

We attended different schools: I attended a private school and Athena attended a public school. We are just neighboring schools that is not quite far from each other.

One time, I punched a lot of kids in the area near my school and I suffered minor injuries on my hand. I just felt like hitting people so I never thought twice in hitting other people.

I've got two guy friends with me that joins with me with my punching spree. As were done, the both of them went home.

I went to a local park by myself and sat on a kiddie bench to rest his hand. I'm annoyed about myself that I keep acting out to other people.

I can't release my frustrations at home and always feel pressured by my family's selfishness for dictating my future.

I know it's wrong to bully people and I feels guilty about hurting people. It's just that I doesn't feel like talking my problems to other people.

With my frustrations, I picked up my backpack from the ground and threw my bag above my head towards my back. I suddenly heard someone that got hit from my bag. That person suddenly landed on the ground with her bum.

The person who was hit by my bag was Athena. I immediately looked behind and I was surprised that I hit a girl.

I apologized and I thought of Athena as a plain girl with no appeal. Athena accepted my apology and she picked up the things that was inside of my bag.

Athena saw my music composition sheets laying on the ground and picked it up.

She commented that my composition has many cross-outs on the paper indicating erasures and it doesn't look clean.

Athena gave me a used blue rubber eraser to erase my erasures.

We had a short conversation about Athena not being attentive and that's why she got hit. Athena blamed me but she also blamed herself because she said that there's something going on her mind.

Athena bid goodbye to me as she has something to do at home. I suddenly asked how about her eraser. She said that I should erase my erasures first before I could return the eraser.

We met again at the park and I was supposed to return the eraser but I suddenly forgot to bring it with me. Athena said it is alright if I never returns it.

Athena suddenly brought out some Band-Aid out from her bag and gave it to me. She said that I might be a pianist and told me to take care of my hand. I told her that she's right that I play the piano.

I slowly opened up to her because I felt comfortable with her presence.

We suddenly had a heart to heart talk. I mentioned my problems with my family and she talked about being always ridiculed since she doesn't seem to fit the normal crowd in school.

I immaturely said she should try to follow the trend but it made her more distressed. Athena said I'm just the same as her classmates.

She suddenly asked my impression of her. I frankly stated she's just ordinary. That what made her to be more depressed.

I suddenly asked if she likes someone then Athena said she liked her classmate since middle school. She said that she's aiming to confess if her crush wins the Piano Music Composition Competition." She told him that it's a gamble she made by herself.

I asked if that guy likes her. Athena said she doesn't know.

Athena went to change the topic since she's getting sadder. She advised me to talk to my parents and prove something that I'm really serious of going against the wishes of my parents.

She also suggested that I should apologize to the people who I bullied or tormented. She specifically said:

"I'm also a victim of bullying. Don't you even know how they feel? It's not fair if they didn't do something bad. It's not even funny. Don't you have any conscience? You just gained someone to talk to with your problems and that's me. You could lose someone like me if you continue to be like that. "

I felt really guilty and felt touched by her statement. I felt stupid for doing those to others just because I have personal problems and acted out to other people.

After meeting her that day, I constantly thinking of her ever since.

I've done everything that Athena advised me to do. I apologized to all of my victims and tried several times to convince my parents that I want to make my own path.

My parents finally gave in and made a deal that if I doesn't win 1st place at the Piano Music Composition Contest, I have no choice but to follow what my parents wanted me to be.

After I gained the approval of my parents to let me prove self, I wanted to tell Athena first hand. I went to the park to meet her at the time we usually meet but she hasn't arrived yet.

I was constantly worrying about why she still haven't passed by the park since I know she would always pass by this park going home. I was even concerned that I don't even know her name.

I suddenly realized that maybe I've fallen in love with her. I shook my head and tried to deny it many times in my head. I even said that she is not even my type.

Athena arrived and greeted me. I was suddenly surprised by her and she asked if I ran because my face is quite red.

I suddenly got nervous for a short while but then regained my composture. I told her that I will be joining the said contest to gain approval from my parents.

She was happy for me and smacked me on my shoulder. I was again surprised by her. She happily smiled at me.

However, she's conflicted on who will she cheer for in the competition. I said that she should choose wisely for who she wants to win first place - me or the guy she likes named Richard.

I impulsively said "I have also a bet within myself. If I win, I will tell you something very important but then I have to make sure thay I'm sure of my decision first. If I lose, I will withdraw."

Athena was confused as she couldn't comprehend on what I said to her. She said that I just copied her because she has an inner bet also.

We laughed together and I jokingly said "would you even have a courage to tell him that you like him?"

She said that she would bet on herself because it will force her to tell her what she feels. She told him that she can't take the feeling of always experiencing unrequited love anymore.

Athena warned him that Richard is also good at playing the piano. This made me fired up for the competition.

Before we went home, I asked her name and when I heard her name, I felt a skip in my heart.

There are 3 months left before the competition and we didn't meet within those months as I am preparing for the competition.

After 3 months of endless rehearsals, the competition day has arrived. I eventually won the contest and Richard came in second.

I was at the backstage talking with my brother Dylan. He came up to me and congratulated me. The rest of my family members were not present for the event because of their busy schedules, only Dylan could make it.

Behind my brother, from a far, I could see Athena facing at one of the dressing room entrance door. When I pushed my brother to the side to see Athena clearly, I wondered why she's looking that way.

She was severely shocked and she was trembling. She slowly walked backwards and tried to run away but I stopped her by blocking her way

I asked her what's wrong and I saw her crying with both hands covering her mouth.

She can't answer him but she only said "again". Athena tries to escape from me but I managed to stop her again by grabbing her wrist and I keep asking what's wrong.

She strongly removed herself from my grasp and finally ran away. I looked to the direction of the dressing room where she was at. The door was closed so I wondered if she saw something.

After the event, I can't find Athena anywhere from the venue. I was still persistent to tell something to her - I want to say that I love her since I won on my own bet. She's nowhere to be found so I wasn't able to confront her.

I haven't seen her ever since the contest had ended. I sometimes check her at her school to see if she's alright but timing is always bad. I havn't even seen her once at her school.

Months have passed and I graduated from high school. I am enrolled to a university and ended up taking a marketing major. A deal is a deal, my parents finally agreed to not nag at me for my career.

I have moved on from Athena and have forgotten about her as my days and years in university have gone by. I had 3 girlfriends during my stay at university but eventually did not last long.

I was accepted at Dolly Corp as a fresh graduate. After two years working at Dolly's, I was shocked to see Athena as a new recruit and I was assigned to guide her through her duties for one week.

I wondered why she hasn't recognized me and doesn't even show a hint that she might recognize me.

I didn't even want to bombard her with questions during her first week. I decided to ask her if she recognize me at her last day of her mentorship from me.

It's the last day and I finally asked her if she recognized me. She said that she doesn't recall anyone named Charles Stein before. She also said that it's her first time seeing me during her first day.

I was getting serious at her and I finally asked "How about the Piano Composition Music Competition?"

She flat out said that she haven't heard that competition. She got me thinking if she's just pretending to not know me.

I got more stricter to her and got too personal with her just because she couldn't remember me. I tried to observe her for a long time if she shows any hint of remembering me.

I eventually had doubts if she's the Athena I know.

I went to the Human Resource department to confirm if she is the Athena I knows back from high school. I saw the bio data of Athena and she is indeed the Athena I know because I saw the name of her high school.

She never showed hints if she really remembers me and I tried to let go of the past. I'm already convinced that I've already moved on from her and tried to think of her as only a colleague. However, I think, I'm still in love with her.

I continue to be mean to her to distract myself from her but it became a habit for me for three years. Despite being mean to her, I'm gradually falling in love with her again.

However, after she knew my feelings for her and got me rejected, she's still the same. She still doesn't like me and acts like everything is normal while deep inside I can't still digest her rejection.

After a few months from rejecting me, I'm still hurting inside whenever I see her in the office. My heart still screams for her but Zilly keeps me distracted so I'm kind of thankful to her.

Well, I think I really need to let her go this time. There are other girls out there so I don't need to be depressed!

I was kind of disappointed that she will not join the company outing this year. As I'm being positive, I can use that opportunity to remove all the traces of Athena inside my system. I heard the activities will be grand though I've been to the venue once.

A day before the outing, I heard from Heathrow and Moore that Athena will be also at the venue with few of her friends. They said that it's actually a coincidence that she will be there with the same day as us for our arrival.

During the team building activities, the higher management suddenly requested me to serenade everyone with my skills for playing the piano for the party. They were surprised that I was good playing the piano because of the piece I played on the digital piano keyboard.

I was reluctant but I just gave it a go. They said I can play any song but the first thing that came to my mind was to play my original and winning piece titled Autumn Leaves. In total, I'll be playing 5 songs for the event.

I accessed all my sheet music from an online storage website where I store all my important sheet music. I printed them out by the front desk and they generously printed it for me.

As I am looking at the Autumn Leaves sheet music, it made me very nostalgic. I made a decision that I'll be playing this piece for the last time for my closure. I haven't played that piece ever since I won the contest.

It's the night of party and it's already my turn to play the piano. I decided to play my original piece first. I'll be using a grand piano for my performance. Good thing there's a grand piano here.

As I am playing my piece, I can feel my heart is swelling. I was able to compose this piece by thinking her alot. I named it Autumn Leaves because it was Autumn season that I realized that I loved her during my senior year.

I was nearing towards the end of my piece and I can feel that I'm becoming emotional. My hands were becoming heavy. I'm thinking that once I'm over with this piece, I can finally have closure with her. This will be the last time I'll be playing this piece.

I finished playing the piece and everyone applauded. Some even screamed, especially the ladies. I just smiled at everybody but my chest feels heavy.

I'm done playing the remaining four pieces on the piano. Everyone is doing their own thing now, some are drinking, chatting and eating some food.

I feel tired all of the sudden. I decided to rest in my room. Someone tugged my suit jacket from behind and it was Zilly.

"You were amazing back there." She said.

Suddenly the guys and some ladies rushed towards me. They too, said that I'm amazing playing the piano.

"You're a pro! I didn't know that you are a professional!" a fellow male colleague said.

"Nah, I'm not a pro. This is just a hobby of mine." I said.

One lady said that my original piece was so good. "It was magical and at the same time it's very emotional. What made you compose that music?"

"I made it thinking about a certain person. That piece led me to where I am right now." I replied

"Really? Who's that person?" She asked.

I smiled and said "I leave it to your imagination. Anyways, I'll go back to my room and rest now."

All of them wanted me to stay but I declined. Zilly was able to help me to convince them that they should let me rest.

I got away with the crowd and started going towards to my room.

While walking along the hallway, I can see a female back figure sitting on a bench on the balcony from afar. My room is actually near the balcony.

I didn't bother to know who was that person. When I was about to tap my key card to open the door, I looked at my left to have a final look at the person sitting at the bench on the balcony. To my surprise, it was Athena bending her neck towards the back.

She suddenly startled and fix her posture then she looked at me looking surprised.

What a bad timing. I just had closure with her. Whatever, I'm not in the mood. I just want to rest and I don't want to talk further with her.

An unexpected event just happened. She finally remember me after seeing my sheet music I dropped from the floor when I was about to enter my room.

I was ecstatic that she finally remembered me. She apologized for not remembering me but I don't care about that anymore.

I've told her my feelings again and expressed how much I love her. I got annoyed to the fact that she's about to be taken away by some guy named Lucas. They must be mutual when she said that they are not a couple "yet".

At the back of my mind, I realized that I still want her presence. I don't want to loose to some guy who'll be taking her away from me.

I showed how much I love her by kissing her. My feelings for her are overflowing.

Her lips feels hot and so is mine. My body is touching hers already and I'm now caught in the moment that I want to make her all mine.

Her kisses are so innocent. Damn, her nervous state makes me want to go further.

However, my cloudnine moment with Athena was short lived.
.
.
.
.
.

I woke up and my eyes saw a ray of light shining through the slit of the hotel curtain.

I touched my lips with my fingertips and I can still remember Athena's lips from yesterday.

I don't feel so dejected, actually. It's probably Athena's kiss that balanced it all but I'm kind of disappointed that I still can't persuade Athena to be mine.

However, I can't shake the feeling off when Athena said she's not yet going out with the guy named Lucas. I don't know anything about that guy aside from he is just a friend but I'm more relieved that the guy she likes is not Conrad.

The Conrad guy is definitely annoying as hell.

Anyways, we're all going home before lunch. Today is the last day of the company outing.

I fixed my things and arranged my luggage.

All of us ate breakfast, checked out from the hotel and went to our own separate ways. Some of the colleagues decided to ride the company bus to go home. I decided to go home on my own.

I called out my family's driver to pick me up because I want to go to Dylan's house and narrate to him what happened between Athena and I recently. Dylan's the only one who knows about Athena from my family and I trust him the most compared to my other siblings. I feel comfortable talking my problems to him.

I'm at the lobby sitting at the sofa waiting for the driver. A few moments later, a familiar voice called out my name.

I looked to the direction of the voice and I was surprised to see Kamiya Satou, one of my childhood friends, is coming up to me.

»»»»»End of Chapter 36«««««

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

477 97 13
Introverts, I call out to you: This book is about Athena, the nerdiest of introverts. However, like everyone she was hit by the curse of falling in...
2.2K 146 22
"What is she doing here?" "Oh Jaden, the way you talk, someone would think you own this entire neighborhood. " She's quiet,not very social and very ...
118 41 11
Sequel of "A New Beginning" Athena gets one in a lifetime opportunity. One that she can't possibly ignore. She gets the chance to be the writer she a...
213 32 28
Meet 20 - year old Athena Carter, a small town American girl turned Oxford Nanny with good grades, determination, and a rough past, England bound for...