Until Skies Taste the Sun (Lo...

By kleavenlost

Lost Series #1. Avi acted her dreams so dearly and all that is important. Sweet. Passionate. Determined. She... More

Until Skies Taste the Sun
Simula
Kabanata 1
Kabanata 2
Kabanata 3
Kabanata 4
Kabanata 5
Kabanata 6
Kabanata 7
Kabanata 8
Kabanata 9
Kabanata 10
Kabanata 11
Kabanata 12
Kabanata 13
Kabanata 14
Kabanata 15
Kabanata 16
Kabanata 17
Kabanata 18
Kabanata 19
Kabanata 20
Kabanata 21
Kabanata 22
Kabanata 23
Kabanata 24
Kabanata 25
Kabanata 26
Kabanata 27
Kabanata 28
Kabanata 29
Kabanata 30
Kabanata 31
Kabanata 32
Kabanata 33
Kabanata 34
Kabanata 35
Kabanata 36
Kabanata 37
Kabanata 38
Kabanata 39
Kabanata 40
Kabanata 41
Kabanata 42
Kabanata 43
Kabanata 44
Kabanata 45
Kabanata 46
Kabanata 47
Kabanata 48
Kabanata 49
Wakas
Note

Kabanata 50

106 4 0
By kleavenlost

Canvas

"Are those Daddy's new toys!?"

Sure that wasn't asked in question but you could tell in my pitched voice the panic I have for Skye.. Lucas... and the toy!

"Uh... yeah?" My just turned three-year-old daughter giggled and ran after she knew what was coming.

Hinabol ko ang makulit kong bunso habang paulit- ulit akong sumisigaw.

"Anak, bitaw na! Let's return it to your Daddy's office!" I followed her going down the stairs, taking a step big. "Jesus.. Marcella Skye! Guarda i tuoi passi! Be careful!"

Oh, no. Not again. I just said His' name in vain. I'm sorry, Jesus.

"Mom, you're pregnant! Why would you run!" I heard my son's voice when I passed into his open room. "You walk or I'll report you to Dad!"

Tumigil ako at umiling. "Go catch your sister, else, I'll report you both to your Dad." I glared at him when I saw the new set of the metal plane collections Lucas bought about a month ago and had just delivered the last day. Kasabay ng dala- dala ngayon ni Skye.

"Oh no," my son whispered.

He handed me the toy and ran over to his sister. "Skye! Oh my God! Why would you let yourself get caught!"

"I told you, Salvatore Noach! Do. not. say. His. name. on. vain."

"Sorry!" I bet he's downstairs now. "I'm just gonna pretend I didn't hear you say 'Jesus, Macrella Skye!' a while ago!" He was laughing. And he mocked my tone!

"That was an accident! I was worried Sky to tripping!"

"You're in adrenaline and I was in too! Fair for us, Mom! We just do not repeat same mistake again, alright?"

I just sighed. Nakasilip siya rito sa akin sa taas pagkalapit ko sa hallway ng stairs. He winked on me before getting the toy away from his sister. Umiyak naman agad si Skye kaya nagmadali na akong pinuntahan sila sa baba na nag-aaway na.

These two are always chaotic. Laging magkasama at nagkakasundo sa kakulitan pero lagi namang magkaaway.

"No!"

"I said I'm returning it!" Tinalikuran ni Noach ang kapatid niya bago sumalubong sa akin.

"Mom, we're very sorry! Please don't report us to Dad." He blinked his gentle eyes. Si Sky na umiiyak, lumapit din. She hugged my legs, nagpapabuhat. I carried her and brush Noach's hair.

"We'll talk later, okay? For now, position all of what you get back in Dad's office." Ibinalik ko sa kaniya ang inabot niya sa aking mga laruan ni Lucas.

He jumped to reach for me. Slowly, I leaned and felt his kiss on my cheeks. "I'm sorry." He soon kiss Skye also, pinapatahan din.

"Go, baby, ako na," sabi ko nang ayaw niya pang iwan si Skye dahil umiiyak pa rin. "Ask help to Ate Ash." Pinaayos ko ang bitbit kay Noach ng mga metal plane. Pareho kaming takot magasgas.

"I'm scared Ate Ash would have to say no. She's still on her brushes."

I smiled.

"She'll leave it for the meantime to help you. Trust me."

"I'm scared she'll get silently irritated at me again for interrupting her 'oh-so always' wanted time alone," he exaggerated I had to laugh big time. Skye was composed now after a few kisses and caresses on her back.

"What.."

I sat on the couch at inayos ang buhat ko kay Skye para makasandal siya nang ayos sa balikat ko. Lumapit rin si Noach sa couch pero mas gusto niyang kumalong sa akin.

"Mommy I'm not saying Ate is a loner but, to be honest? Okay! Something already close to that! He closed our little space. "I feel like she's an introvert," he whispered as if saying a little dark secret.

"Cattivo. Ate Ash is nice..." Sky whimpered.

"I know! I know! But Skye, you still don't understand these words, okay?"

"Yes! She still does not, young boy." I repeatedly kissed Noach's cheeks. "But, you do. So you need to understand this privacy that Ate Ash wants herself alone, alright? Although Ate Ash is quiet at times, do not ever think she doesn't care for the both of you." I softly squeezed Noach's chin. "And doesn't want to help you. Now go, and see if I am right. But anyway, sure I am."

Nakababa na ng lap ko si Noach at paakyat na ng hagdan. I called him.

"We still have business later, okay? I'll go handle Skye first."

Bawal ko silang pagsabayin dahil maingay silang dalawa kapag nagpaunahan na mag- explain. They were always in contest.

I faced my poor daughter, pouting her lips. "Sky, baby.. What Mommy and Daddy told you?"

"Do not go to Daddy's collections and sneak his toys."

"That's exactly what you and Kuya did."

"But Kuya... Kuya... Kuya told me to get one!"

"Oh, did he?"

"Yes!"

"Oh? You weren't lying? In fact, you only didn't get one. You get two of Daddy's collections."

"Kuya told me to!"

"You both wanted to."

"Daddy's toys are so beautiful... I couldn't stop myself from getting and getting. I called Daddy this morning that I wanted the plane he bought last day. I saw the delivery guy! I told Daddy I wanted it for myself but he said no!"

"Daddy spoils you with food but he can't always spoil you with toys. Look at your old toys. You haven't played with them again when you asked me to get you the barbie house you only left in the garden. Just when you saw Dad bought again his new toys, you already forgot about the house after playing it one day."

"It's because... I want Daddy's airplane..."

"But he gave you and Kuya Noach his early collections, right? It's still good and you and Kuya were enjoying it."

"For sure... But, I want new ones... Why... Mommy. It's unfair. Daddy always gets a new one and we can just not."

"Those toys... Those metal planes that Daddy is buying, were limited editions.. too expensive, honey. But for Daddy, it's worth it because he knows how to take care of his toys. He doesn't leave them in the garden. He doesn't sink them in the bathtub. He doesn't just care for it when it's new. He always cleans it and makes sure it's always in a good condition. Besides.. it isn't for Daddy to play with them. Daddy is just collecting these planes because it's his hobby. Same when you always go out wanting so many clips on your hair."

"Hobby? It's Daddy's hobby?"

"Yes, baby."

"He's wasting his money!"

I chuckled. "So we're also wasting money on your clips and dolls?"

"No! I love them!"

"And Daddy loves his planes, too! Daddy is earning money for your needs. For me, for Ate Ash, Kuya Noach.. for all our needs. He buys you your collection although you are still a baby. Daddy needs to buy for his wants also."

Skye thinks for a while and smiled.

"Okay, I understand. I will become like Daddy very soon! I would also love to fly a plane and collect toys! I will buy more dolls and accessories, too!"

I already stopped flight stewarding after my second birth. Before, I thought I could never part with the work I premeditated, the passion I always burn for.. The dream I could make a sacrifice for.

Dati, hindi ko kailanman naisip ang tumigil hanggat kaya ko and my age requires. Pero simula ng dumating si Ash, Noach, Skye.. and this baby who's still in my tummy. I couldn't stop myself from smiling... Because, I realized there's not a thing I could continually do if it means a long distance with my children and an endless mischance of hugging and kissing them every day in my warmth.

Turns out, the fuel of the passion... the dream that I thought I will forever carry for all eternity changed when I became a wife and a mother.

Now, I all understand. Naiintindihan ko na kung paano maging overreacting si Mama kay Third upon putting up with care and strong supervision on him. The fear and worries she brings every time she left the country. And why she kept her past relationship with Dad a secret until it came out.

Because that's what they do. A mother's love is as overflowing as battling with the sacrifices alone. Mothers have their sacrifices to raise their love. Sure it pains them but remains their cries unfold because they couldn't risk destroying the love we admire in the family. These silent pains and hidden bruises on their heart were double triggered when we question them.

The truth thing is... we will only understand their sacrifices when we reached the length of maturity. To be placed in their shoe. When it's our time to be a mother too.

I remember my Mom. I acknowledge the kind.. the route, and the amount of love she has proved and given me. It's priceless. Words are incapable to describe. I wish she was still here to watch me and my children and verbally express how she was delighted with me for what I have become. I knew she was beyond proud.

Pinatulog ko muna si Skye sa room niya bago ako pumunta sa office ni Lucas. Nahirapan pa ako nang naramdaman niyang aalis ako sa tabi niya. I got her favorite pillow beside her so she wouldn't feel I wasn't on the bed anymore.

"Te amo, Mamma..."she mumbled when I moved the pillow closer to her.

I kissed her forehead. "Ti amo, piccola mia. Sleep tight."

I dimmed the lights and close her door.

"Ate, thanks so much for the help. Sorry for charging your time."

I opened Lucas' office door a small amount and lean on the corner.

"I don't know about you lil brother, but you always seem intimidated by me. I'm not somewhat a terror or a monster," Ash chuckled.

"But you're a loner!"

Oh, God. My son and his straightforward mouth.

I bit my lip, trying to suppress my laugh. I don't want them to know I'm here listening. I wanna watch.

Asherah parted her cute rosy lips.

"I know I can not greet what do you always need but I just want you to know, I'm always gonna listen."

Ash smirked and hug Noach.

"Woah! You're literally hugging me!" My son seemed to panic. He couldn't rest his hand properly to return the hug to his sister.

"Because why not! Look, Noach... Ate is a loner," Ash chuckled as she let go of the hug. "As what am I told by you. Understandable."

"Ahuh?"

"But really.. I just want my alone time to release my energy peacefully and focus my spirit to paint."

"You're always painting. Why wouldn't you rest a time to play with me and Skye?"

Asherah's face changed. I know it hit her. My heart fell.

"Veramente? Do I?" she unconsciously asked.

"Sì'! Everytime!"

I sighed. Ayoko muna silang lapitan dahil gusto kong makita kung paano silang dalawa mag-uusap nang maayos to untangle and eventually heal their emotions. But knowing my son, it's always hard for him to keep his mouth shut and listen.

"Noach," I called.

"Mom!"

"Were you done?"

"Yes, my Queen." He bowed, a sign of royalty.

Pinilit kong hindi tumawa. Alam kong hindi niya ako seseryosohin mamaya kapag kinausap ko siya, when he sees my mood in amusement.

"Good. Now go to your room and fix your table." My son loves to sketch lines and circles. He craves it perfect.

His eyes widened. "Oh.. right! My bad! I forgot—"

"Do not tell me you forgot when you play your hours in your room and there's a sight of your messy table."

His lips split up. I know he's guilty.

"I'll do it! Right now!"

He rode fast away from his place but return to smooch my belly. "Baby, ho bisogno di favore. Tell mamma to calm her hormones, 'kay?" He left the room with laughs.

"That boy..." I rubbed my belly once before placing all attention on Ash.

"Mom, did you get the picture?" she directly asked.

"Baby, I'm sorry but I still haven't gone to the place again. But I will work on it tomorrow, sure.. Besides, uuwi na naman ang Daddy niyo mamaya."

She sighed, smiled.. and nod. "Bene.. tomorrow, then."

I caressed her shoulder. "Show me your ongoing canvas? Let's go to your room..."

Entering Ash's room, you will see paintings all over her wall. She has her extension room to paint but she still took out some lists of her special creations to place on the wall of her bedroom.

"Ever plan on posting that one?" I asked Ash while looking at her night sky painting.

We have finally convinced Ash to post her filled works on the online market. She wouldn't want it at first but then she eventually accepted the advice. She's just too sensitive and picky when someone will buy her work. I noticed that she doesn't want to sell most to the elite ones. She doesn't care about how the price will bid high because money and spotlight are definitely not her standards. The hope someone can get and could carry on to life after receiving the painting is.

"Nuh. Sort of sentimental for me."

And she doesn't sell the works that were farther deared by her.

Lumapit ako sa hanging canvas na currently inaayos pa rin ni Ash when we made it to the painting zone of her room.

"Wow.." I whispered.

I am always more startled by my daughter's work than by those others who are speaking more trained by a professional painter. Even Lucas... and all in the family. Not that we were biased but it was just what unheard people will the same usually say and comment.

When Ash was two years old, that's when I got an accurate hunch of how she fell deeply in love with the arts. Out of worriedness and the attack of pressure starting motherhood, I honestly have made her consult a doctor because of her showing different behavior compared to other kids.

One was.. it was unusual for a kid to watch painting stroke instructions instead of sing and dance music videos on Youtube. I used to believe it couldn't be... that something must be going on wrong, and there's no way a child would want bundles of acrylic palettes, brushes, and canvas than Barbie dolls and houses, planes, and building blocks like what Skye and Noach would die for. Until my oldest Ash proved otherwise. She does things advanced for her age. She acts tough and she thinks smart at a young age. She's gifted.

"Lost," she said.

I was admiring her piece when she continued. "That's the title," she concluded.

"Can I touch it?"

"Sure. It'll stick no more. Well, I'm just planning to add some strokes at the side."

"But safe, safe?"

"Go, Mom," she chuckled.

I giggled. "Nuh, I'm fine on looking. Can't risk."

"Whatever."

I once again stared at her work. It was a big one, must be another special piece from her. It was a wave and a woman. But not the woman in the waves. It's the waves that were in the woman.

"That woman... was you."

I stopped for a moment, thinking. Of course, she'll bring up my past again. Because it drove her passion.. it inspires her to the core. I became open with her about my past.

I softly looked back at her. She was hesitant to talk but she continued. Giving her more comfort and confidence to explain, I threw my gaze again to watch her painting.

"Lost on her mind... on her dreams, on her space... the people around her." I don't know how long I was staring at the lash of waves on the woman's heart and mind. The stroke was reflecting as if it was her soul. My daughter did it amazingly.

"Just like the waves... pain doesn't end and just goes back and forth for no one knows how many times, but.. the woman. You, Mom... you tamed the waves. And it calms. Will come lost but anyway will ever be found. The waves shall make a storm again but it'll always calm after once energy was tamed. All it will calm. And you have your peace."

I dried up my tears before I gave Ash a hug. But the embrace was more than of her comforting me than what should it take. I couldn't help. There are tears again.

"Thank you, my Ash... You humble me every day. I'm being proud of you every day and I-I'm..." I cracked my voice. "And I'm just so glad to have you, bambina..."

After a while of being with Ash, pumunta muna ako sa master's bedroom para mag- freshen up. Dumaan muna rin ako kay Skye to check her sleep. And then I ended up asking Ash to look over her sister.

"Ash, please remember... what I told you.. it's okay to stay in your room if being alone in your space is what brings you to harmony. But... remember you can't just always seek for it all the time.. especially when your siblings are needing your time and company as their ate. Sei la loro sorella maggiore. They adore and look up to you."

She was already crying when we talk about this earlier. And now I can see her eyes getting wet again.

"Just think they do not ask hard from you dahil mga bata pa naman kayo, anak..." I sadly smiled. "You're only seven, Ash... Enjoy your age."

Her lips trembled so I come near her again to hold her hands. "What they want is just.. you will find enough time to share your space and harmony with them."

"I'll try my best, Mom." Ash smiled at me. "Lo farò..."

Before I leave her and Skye in the room, I caught her closing her eyes. I know she's into deep thinking. I gave her time.

I took some rest while checking Lucas' updates who was now on his way home here until I got enough energy again. May pangalawa pa ako.

I knocked twice on the door before twisting the knob.

"Hey, there." Noach greeted me first thing. He removed his glasses and closed the book before drifting out of bed.

I walked over to him and stopped, arching a brow when he cleared his throat.

"Lo siento, Mamma. Scusa per la confusione sul tavalo. And also... Sorry for being makulit. Mi dispiace... I always go through Daddy's office and get his toys. I... I was just fascinated by his collections..."

"Infatti lo sei. But had Dad and I repeatedly told you to ask permission first?"

"You two always do..."

"And you know there are important files in Daddy's office that you sure not might put a drawing on but what about Skye?"

"Yes, I know... I always bring sorellina in my mess. I'm sorry, Mom.. Mamma... Queen.. mi Reigna.. Inay... Mi dispiace, lo siento... patawad, I'm sorry—"

"Perdonato. Forgiven." I chuckled and squeezed his cheeks. I couldn't resist my Noach's cuteness.

"I promise! Won't do it again next time! If I enter Dad's kingdom again next time–"

I creased my forehead.

"If Dad is at work, I'll ask permission first from Mom," he continued.

I stared at him for a while, piercing my eyes through him. He repeatedly nods his head while smiling widely at me, showing me his small dimples that could only be noticed like this when he smiles this big. Kamukha talaga ni Lucas.

"I hear you saying to Ate she's a loner," I shifted.

His mouth opened, not expecting it. "Because I would not want to talk on her back!"

I smirked. "You sure wouldn't want. And you are a good boy. But hear this thing, Noach."

"Hear, what?"

"Let's have a deal first. Promise you will not step your urges to talk just in when I'm still not done speaking, okay? It's your problem." I smirked at him.

He furrowed his forehead. "Duh. Whatever. Fine."

"You stop being silly," I laughed.

"Ma, words!"

"Oh," I giggled. "Anyway, Noach, I know you are giving a statement about Ate because you are worried right.. and for sure, your hasty part is sulking about it."

"I wasn't!"

"Oh, no. Patapusin muna ako."

He sighed. Deep one. "Right. Fine."

"Let me share you this... You know, back when I was a kid, most of the time, I was also the type of someone who chooses to be an alone girl like Ate. I was once a girl who frequently comes out of her room—"

"Just say you are a geek!"

I glared at him. He laughed but I continued. I couldn't make a time now reacting dahil ang hirap makipag- usap ng seryoso sa kaniya.

"Do you know why we're like that?"

He arched a brow.

"Because we're just simply happy by ourselves. And sad to say is being underrated like taking yourself on a date in a room with the things you love to do alone. Like.. being yourself as your best friend."

"But can't Skye and I be Ate's best friends too other than herself?"

I smiled at him. "She can. Besides she already considers you two as her great best friends."

"We don't feel it!"

I really feel bad about Ash and the longing of Noach and Skye for her. For sure Lucas and I will schedule more and more vacation plans again for this like what we always do. Good thing, I already talked to the kids.

"She will eventually make you feel. Trust me, bambino... Just love your ate."

We talked for a lengthened hour dahil he had lots of questions asked that I patiently answered and made him understand. I hope Noach really does. But based on the serious looks he had created a bunch of times a while ago on his periodic cheerful face... I bet he did.

Once in a while, pinag- le- leave namin ang mga servant dito sa bahay kung kaya ko naman at hindi busy... lalo na pag madalas ang uwi ni Lucas galing work.

Lucas handles lots of work. Him being a pilot.. his starting oil refinery in Italy with the guidance of his dad, other businesses to arising ones... Franchise namin ng Mcdo sa Milan and Rome.. at ako naman dito sa Pinas. You see... most all of our stabilities and assets were in Italy kaya roon na rin kami nagpagawa ng mas malaki pang bahay. We came to a big decision last year that we will stay there for good.

Iniintay ko lang si Dad dahil sasama na rin daw siya sa amin. He had already prevailed the way of Zinbergh's in Europe after his pavement and reckoning. Siguro months nalang bago kami lumipad dahil sa Milan ko na rin balak mag- give birth. So that my baby won't back-to-back adjust to the weather. And of course! My postpartum cravings were all there!

Ah, miss ko na si Mia! She will take a one-month vacation there after I give birth.

Speaking of bestfriend, dumating si Via at Rain sa bahay. Katulong ko silang dalawa rito ngayon sa kitchen to prepare foods to eat when Lucas comes home later at dinner. Akala ko before sunrise siya darating pero dinner time ang sabi niya. Our cook was on a leave kaya I invite the two girls to help me. But I am great now to cooking dishes! I learned!

"Ash! What the freaking!"

There was a short deafening silence until

"Via! You're words!" It was me.

"Victoria, for fuck's sake you are with kids!" Rain.

"What the hell was that?" Noach.

We all yelled back at once.

Then there's Skye. "Mommy... mama..." she cried.

I let Rain strain the pasta alone when I ran towards Skye who was already on to my way too. She immediately opened her arms para mabuhat ko siya.

"Mama... I... I thought there was a monster. You were all screaming..." she was still crying so I calm her down.

Lahat kami ay naipon na sa leaving room para patahanin si Skye. Rain followed too when she finished putting the pasta in the container.

"Shush, my bambina... Everything's fine. There are no monsters. It's Tita Via..." I glared at Via who was having guilt right now with a grimace on her face.

"But I hear you and Kuya Niach screamed, too..."

Ash tiptoed to kiss her sister's cheeks. "I didn't."

We all heaved a deep sigh and returned looks to Via. Do your explaining, bitch.

Via winced before I let her carry Skye. I kissed my daughter before Rain and I get back to the kitchen.

I leaned down on Noach when we bumped our way. "I heard you said hell." His lips parted and hid his smirk.

From the counter view in the kitchen, Rain and I watched how Via explain to my daughter.

"Baby Skye, sorry na. I was just shocked how Ate Ash did my make-up so fine! Look at me! Look at Ninang! Bellissima? Sì!" She hugged Ash on the waist when they sat on the couch habang kalong pa 'rin si Skye. "Your ate knows how to paint amazing too on face!"

"Ash is the ever most talented kid I've ever noticed. At seven years old... Damn, Avi! Your daughter is a first-rate!" I glanced at Rain, stirring the sauce.

I stared at Via's face to examine the make-up Ash did. Hindi maayos pero ang ganda ng contrast ng highlights and color palletes sa bone eye and over structure ng face ni Via. Ang galing nga ng anak ko.

"She is..." I lovingly meet Ash's sight when I caught her eyes. "I'm a grateful mother for my Grazia Asherah."

Everything went back to normal after our screams. Noach is on the floor with his building blocks. Rain is now on the couch with Via, updating their feeds after we shot a selfie a while ago. Ash and Skye were on the carpet too beside Noach. They were doing girly stuff as I have seen previously but now holding their brother's blocks too for his toy construction.

And I am still here in the kitchen, waiting for my baked chocolate and strawberry tart in the oven. I stared at my children all laughing together when Skye failed to put a piece of block, crashing what she have started again back on scratch. I unconsciously held my tummy. My heart melts.

Isa nalang ang kulang.

Pauwi na.

"Surprise!"

But I heard the voice.

"Daddy! Oh my— Dad!" my son screamed.

"Papa!" Skye jumped in so much joy.

Ash smiled at lumapit rin sa dumating. Rain and Via swiftly made their reflexes. They angled their phone at the father and children to record the scene.

Hindi ko alam. Kinakabahan pa rin ako tuwing nakikita ko siya.

I saw Noach receive the box of pizza and toys from Lucas' grip, to hand it to the two girls and put it on the couch. At first sight, they always never seemed so interested in what was brought home for them but the bearer, their Dad.

And I was just watching them.

Si Skye na sobrang clingy sa leeg ni Lucas habang buhat- buhat, pilit hinihila pababa ni Noach para siya naman ang buhatin. Lucas laughed and stop the two off fighting again. Ash was just silently smiling while hugging his Dad on the waist.

Until his hazel eyes moved in my direction and meet my longing. I smiled. He winked at me. My heart roared.

"I miss you," his mouth whispered.

Oh, God. I miss you more.

We wait until dinner time to eat before Rain and Via left the house. Tinulungan din nila ako munang maglinis ng mga gamit bago umalis habang busy ang mag- aama ko sa play room.

When I went upstairs, Lucas was still playing with the kids. They were now changed into one pajama design Lucas brought for us. Sinadya niya raw na ipa- laundry agad para masuot agad namin pagkauwi niya.

"Hindi ka pa rin nag bibihis?" Lucas saw me immediately coming in the door.

Umiling ako. "Mag- half bath pa ako. Patulugin muna natin ang mga bata."

I went to the kids. "Amori mio, bed time!"

"Mom! One more hour please!" Noach advancedly requested.

"I still want to play!" si Skye. "And sing! Daddy, sing for me!"

"Bukas nalang, Skye. Daddy still needs rest." Lucas brushed Ash's hair when she said that.

"Tomorrow?" Skye turned to his Dad.

"Prometti!" Lucas smiled widely at Skye.

Noach stood up like a soldier. "Tomorrow, then!" He marched. "Come! On to the master's bedroom!"

Lucas slowly furrowed his forehead while I try to stop making a laugh.

"Where are you going, young boy!" Lucas stopped Noach who had already marched steps until the doorway.

"To you and Mommy's room! We're sleeping all together!" He smirked. "Aren't we?"

"Ah, you scam! I thought we two already meet halfway!"

"You and Skye didn't!" Noach laughed at his Dad. Nilapitan niya si Skye. "Skye, darling. You want to sleep alone in your room or beside Mama and Papa?"

"I want to sleep in the master's bedroom." I chuckled when I heard Skye's answer.

"See!" Noach was even jumping to  make fun of his Dad.

Lucas' face grimaced in a very funny way. "Alat," I heard him whisper.

"Noach, why don't you and Skye sleep in my room instead?" Ash suggested.

Skye's eyes lightened. She got excited by the offer cuz Ash rarely invite his siblings to come in her room. Masiyado kasing makulit ang dalawa and we're worried of Ash's stuffs.

I know Noach felt the same excitement Skye is showing when he silenced. He was startled by his sister, for sure. But soon repeatedly agree.

"I miss you. I miss you. I miss you. I miss you, my dear..."

I kept on chuckling while Lucas showered me with kisses back and forth around my face and neck. He lastly kissed my belly. "Miss you."

"Let go! I'll take a shower now!"

All changed into my pajamas, I get off the bathroom. Good thing, the kids easily went asleep after Lucas volunteered na siya nalang ang maghahatid at magpapatulong sa room ni Ash. Our time now!

Nadatnan ko siyang nakaupo sa edge ng bed, holding his phone. Probably checking some emails from his secretary. I heard he needs to attend a virtual meeting tomorrow.

When he noticed my presence, he turned off his phone. "Toys will be shipped next week."

Kinuwento ko kasi kanina sa kaniya na pinakialaman na naman ng dalawang makulit ang mga collections niya. "I got them the same with mine."

"Kumusta si Ash?" He reached for my hand and guided me to sit on his lap.

"Nakausap ko naman na kanina. Pati si Noach rin... I know the two both got a point.  I made them understand the need to be patient, understanding, and... also dear the things that are separately loved by them. For Noach to love what brought Ash at peace and for Ash to love the bond siblings could have."

"Ese... my unofficial Miss Universe," Lucas smirked at me.

I playfully rolled my eyes. "Sira."

He was still smirking, waiting for my aim to return eyes to him. When I did, my heart whipped the way it indelibly strike whenever I am this close to him. Whenever I am placed in his space. For a while, we didn't do anything but fix our eyes steadily on each other.

"Ash is asking me again to take the picture she's been waiting to put on her canvas." I moved my hand on Lucas' nape when the other one rests on his arm.

"Why don't you go tomorrow?"

I nod. "Yeah, I'm actually planning to go."

"Want me to drive you there?"

I shook my head. "Hindi na. Samahan mo nalang dito ang mga bata. A nice shot won't last for an hour."

"Okay," he smiled.

I stared at him.

"O, bakit?"

Napailing ako, stopping my tears. "Wala..."

"Tss."

I chuckled. "Wala, thank you lang."

"Para 'yon lang," he playfully smugged, just trying to make my feelings light and bearing. It worked.

"Mahal kita," I whispered.

A smile crept on his lips before leaning for a kiss. "Mas mahal kita."

Morning came, nagising ako na wala na si Lucas sa tabi ko. I got my bottom pair.. went to the bathroom, and proceed downstairs.

"Mama!" Skye ran for a morning cuddle.

"Buongiorno, amore mia!" Lucas placed my breakfast on the counter. Shrimp Aglio Oglio. Toasted bread. And Matcha latte.

"Thank you, my love!" I kissed him quickly on the lips.

"Ew!" I looked up and saw Noach running downstairs. "Morning, famiglia!"

"Censored," Ash was covering her face, chuckling.

After Lucas finished cooking our breakfast, we individually carried our plates and sit on the dining table.

"Dad, your phone?" Right after Lucas handed it to Noach, my son asked to draw attention. "Come on! Cooperate, y'all!" He captured a selfie.

We didn't do anything in the house but talk, play, and laugh.. watching a showdown of talents between Skye, Noach, and Lucas. Kaming dalawa ni Ash ang ginawa nilang judge. I was glad Ash is here with us and not alone in her room. After we took lunch, I told her I'm off to the sea today to take her asked shot of the image.

"Here," she gave me her camera.

"Oh, I almost forgot. You charged it?"

Tumango siya. "Fully- charged."

"Mama! I wanna come!" Skye clung to my legs. Binuhat naman agad siya ni Lucas para ilayo sa 'kin. He whispered to her, making Skye's blend of face turned fine.. eventually.

Suddenly, I was out. Driving the same route, never gonna get lost again.

Entering the coastal road, I opened the driver's window to sniff the breeze of the sea outside.

Ah, never fails to make me feel this promised peace.

Nakalampas na ako sa bunch ng coconut trees, I'm seeing already from the far view a man in the coastline. Until I bring my eyes back in front and saw a car.

When my car stopped, I got the camera from the passenger seat to hang it on my neck. I then came out.

"Aim why I now just castaway here despite lots of chances before..." I mumbled.

I was walking my way to him, capturing contrasting angles already.

"It's because you're the piece of this paradise view."

I took another shot. I looked at the capture for a check, discovering I have seized the perfect click on the shutter button.

When I turned again to look to the fore, he was now seeing me. He looked shock for a moment until he made his wheelchair positioned on the side for only a better view. The sun perfectly hit his face.

I smiled at Third and waved my hand.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

970 210 60
[COMPLETED] A lawyer, an independent woman who can justify her love just for forsaken man. Handang sumugal kahit batas pa ang maging kaaway, sa gitn...
3.1K 749 35
Nehemiah Dominique didn't expect na ang isang 'Domique, someone wants to hire you.' notification ay ang tutupad sa pangarap niyang makarating sa Barc...
75.5K 2.5K 39
Grace Alvarez, isang simpleng babae na hinangad lang magkaroon ng matiwasay na buhay. Nag-iisa nalang siya sa buhay. Mahirap at umaasa lang sa sarili...