Lies And Manipulation [Comple...

By raccoongris

Warning: LGBTQIA+ content, so if you don't like it, don't read this book. This is book 2 of the series, read... More

Author's note.
Chapter 1: The New Student In Class
Chapter 2: Who is that new girl?
Chapter 3: What's Hawk Moth up to?
Chapter 4: A Simple Lie Spreads Like Wildfire
Chapter 6: A Not So Friendly Chat
Chapter 7: Sly Fox, Clumsy Raccoon, Clueless Cat
Chapter 8: Volpina Arrives
Chapter 9: Illusions
Chapter 10: Reality
Chapter 11: How To Con The Con Artist
Chapter 12: Hatred
Chapter 13: Volpina's Final Battle

Chapter 5: I Know She's Lying.

37 4 0
By raccoongris

(Hannah/Raccoon Gris's POV)

My alarm buzzed violently and started to play the theme song from the Miraculous Movie. (From Animistro and Simple Man) I groan and shift to the other side of the bed. "I don't want to wake up." I groggily said, half asleep. "You have to get up, blueberry." Gazz tried to shake me, but that didn't work. "Ok, since you want me up, I'm up." I slowly open my eyes and sit up. I look at my phone to see it's 6h45. (6h45 is the same as 6:45, but it's in French.)

"Good morning Blueberry." "Hey, don't call be blueberry. Eventhough my hair is blue, but still, only Daniela has the right to call me blueberry." I blush at the thought, it kind of sounds like flirting, but I know it's just a nickname. "Hannah, remember you have school. Stop daydreaming about Dani and go to school."

I nod and get up from bed. I tiredly put on a black t-shirt, black leather jacket, black pants and a pair of shoes. "Why with all the black? You look like you're going to steal something. Maybe Daniela's heart?" Gazz smirked and I bushed so hard that I could be competing with Nathanie's hair. "Black is my esthetic. I want to wear my style."

Gazz nodded. He's very understanding about everything. I'm lucky to have him. I head down the stairs, more like almost tripped down the stairs. With Gazz by my side, helping me to be more coordinated.

"Thanks Gazz, you're a big help." Gazz bowed while in midair in front of me. "You know you don't have to bow to me." I chuckled and Gazz did too. "Oh, sorry. I forgot what year it was for a second... I thought I was with the Guardians, back at the temple."

"What? There's Guardians of the miraculouses and a temple?" How come I never knew about this? What it supposed to be a secret? What was it like? I have so many questions. Gazz clamps his paw over his mouth. "I shouldn't have said that. I shouldn't have said that."

"I'll pretend I didn't hear that, alright?" Gazz pulled his paws off of his mouth, smiling and zooming around me. I couldn't keep track of where he was moving too fast for my eyes to catch. "Hey! That's enough, Gazz. I don't want us to get caught by my parents."

"Anyways, want to help me pack for school?" I questioned. "Sure, to help you get there on time." Gazz stuck his tongue out. I roll my eyes. "Haha, good joke." I say sarcastically, annoyedthat Gazz still makes fun of me for being late all the time. It's sometimes fun, other times annoying.

While Gazz and I finish up packing my bag and possibly be early for once, I received a text from Alya. Talk about bad timing. It read 'Hey Hannah! Just made a blog! It's called the Raccoon Tail.  This is where I'll put all of my recordings and photos of the heros of Paris.' I smile and respond with 'I'll check it out. Thanks.'

I check the time 7h35. "Your going to be late, Hannah. You should better go now, then wait because we all know what happens when you wait. You're la-" I interrupted Gazz "Yeah... I know, I'm late. You don't have to remind me." I rubbed the back of my head. Gazz smirked and went right into my hood. This signals I should head to school.

"Please don't trip... Please don't trip..." I recite over and over again, making sure that I see where I'm going. "You know you're going to make it, you've got this Hannah." I smile feeling more confident in myself. "Thanks!"

I usually don't feel that proud of myself being a lesbian because I'm scared that everyone will reject me and... "Hannah? You were spacing out. Were you thinking of Daniela?" "Hey!? That's not nice, I was thinking about how the public would react if I came out to them." I get all nervous just thinking about what might happen. There's a 50/50 percent chance that I may or may not be looked down upon for being gay.

I see the school in my view, walking slightly faster than before, but not running. "I don't think I'm that late, maybe a minute or two late, but still. I'm not extremely late, like most days." Gazz makes sure he's hiding, so nobody will see him and accidentally reveal my identity to everyone.

I walked fast into the classroom. I saw everyone sitting and watching the Mrs. Busier start the lesson. What I didn't realize is the slight gap in floor level. I fell and made quite an entrance.  Everyone looked over at me and wasn't surprised. Chloe on the other hand was laughing and same with Sabrina. "Great entry, Hannah! Next time remember that you have two feet." Chloe and Sabrina smirked. That erased my happy mood instantly. I felt annoyed and sad, but not sad enough to trigger and akuma to come.

Suddenly I see a hand in front of me. I blush knowing whose hand it is. I grab he hand while she helps me up. I'm smiling so much my cheeks hurt. "T-thank you, D-Daniela." She smiles. "Your welcome, Hannah. I can't let my best friend stand there and do nothing." My smile dissipated.

" You're late Hannah. Please take your seat now."Mrs. Busier stated. I nod and walk up to the back row. "Are you ok, Hannah?" Lila whispered to me. "Yeah, I'm alright." I can't pay attention to the lesson since Daniela is in front of me. I can't help but look at her hair and how soft it must be...

"You have a soft spot for Daniela, don't you?" I was taken aback by that comment. Why would Lila know I have a crush on her? Can she tell? Is it that obvious? "Me? You think I'm in love with her?" I whisper yelled to Lila. "It's obvious and I can tell from the way you look at her." I blush realizing that Lila knows that I have a crush on Daniela, is she homophobic?

Lila nudged my shoulder. "What was that for?" I look at Lila. "She moves her eyes from me to the board. "I want you to pay attention, not daydreaming. You're my friend and I don't want my friend to get bad grades." I'm confused, since when did I become a friend to her? "I'll try, if that makes you happy."

(Time skip to the end of school)

Classes are done for the day, which means I can head home. I tried looking for Gazz in my hood, but I can't see it, no matter what I do. I start walking home, putting in my earbuds to listen to music. My playlist is on shuffle, so I can have different variety of genres. I keep it quiet, so that I can have a conversation and still listen to music.

I look behind me, the school isn't in sight anymore. "Gazz, you can come out now. Nobody's here." Gazz emerges out from hood and flies barely visible to me. "Hey, Hannah. You do know that you have patrol with Feline Nuit tonight, right?  You also might want to check the Raccoon Tail." Why does everyone want me to check out a blog? "I'll check it out when I get home." Gazz makes a nervous face, I don't know why though. Did he already watch it? I contine walking in the awkward silence until I arrived home.

I plopped my bag down, to unpack it. "Today was stressful and confusing." I told Gazz while unpacking. "You haven't come out to anyone yet, but it's extremely obvious to everyone that you like Daniela." My cheeks turn bright red. "It's  really that obvious? How come nobody but Lila figured it out?" I finished unpacking and headed with my homework in hand, to my room. I put my homework on my cluttered desk.

I remembered I was asked multiple time about the Raccoon Tail, but never actually had time to check it out. Since school's out now, I have some time. I open up the blog on my phone. "Wow, this is a lot of information about me and Feline Nuit." I see a video on the blog. "Why is Lila on the video thumbnail?" I'm very confused. "I know why, but please watch and you'll figure it out."

I press the play button and the video starts. I see Alya announce to the Raccoon heads (People who watch the Raccoon Tail) that she has an important person that she's interviewing. Then, Lila approaches. "I've had the privilege to meet Raccoon Gris and Feline Nuit in person. Raccoon Gris, Feline Nuit and I are all best friends. Raccoon Gris even saved my life once! We meet up every other night. I can't tell you where because it's confidential information between the 3 of us." My hand tightened around my phone. Why did she do that!? I closed my phone after that, not wanting to see that video again.

"She's probably lying to get attention, she doesn't have many friends here." Gazz was shocked because he thought differently. "I thought you would get mad and go after her." My eyes go wide. "You really think I would do that, I would never hurt anyone, not even her now. But I do think Feline Nuit would do something like that." Gazz looks nervous. "You should probably go and check up on your kitty." I nodded, I hope what I said doesn't actually happen.

"Gazz, Let's Snatch!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27K 1.1K 12
Everything had been going down lately: Lila's return from Achu, Master Fu being forced to give her the Miraculous Box, her declining trust from her c...
118K 2.9K 19
Adrien Agreste may seem like he has everything together. Being a famous model, all the girls crushing on him, secretly living a double life as a famo...
351K 14.7K 31
31 days. 31 days to fall in love. The 31st to say good-bye, to break your heart. December ends, January begins. But those 31 days aren't going to lea...
352K 10.9K 35
Due to an arranged marriage set up by Gabriel Agreste, Adrien is married to Chloe. He runs away from home, upset that he can't make his own choices...