Sunflower Girl [1]

بواسطة _nirvana_lover_

In which Emma Harrington, Steve Harrington's little sister, had to deal with the disappearance of her best fr... المزيد

Sunflower Girl
Cast
The Vanishing of Will Byers
The Weirdo on Marple Street
Holly, Jolly
Holly, Jolly
Holly, Jolly
The Body
The Body
The Body
The Body
The Flea and the Acrobat
The Flea and The Acrobat
The Monster
The Monster
The Monster
The Monster
The Bathtub
The Bathtub
The Bathtub
The Bathtub
The Upside Down
The Upside Down
The Upside Down
Sunflower Girl [2]

The Vanishing of Will Byers

873 12 4
بواسطة _nirvana_lover_

"Something is coming. Something hungry for blood.",my voice was lowered and the four boys in front of me payed attention to every single word I was saying. "A shadow grows on the wall behind you, swallowing you in the darkness. It is almost here."

"What is it?",the sweet voice of Will Byers, my best friend's little brother, asked me with curiosity.

"What if it's the Demogorgon?",Dustin Henderson, a boy with the cutest curls on earth, exclaimed. "Oh, Jesus, we're so screwed if it's the Demogorgon."

I tried not to grin like an idiot at his words. He was being a bit dramatic, as always, but to be honest I loved it.

"It's not the Demogorgon.",Lucas Sinclair, the boy to my right, replied a bit annoyed.

I interrupted their conversation by slamming a figure loudly on the table. "An army of troglodytes charge into the chamber!"

"Troglodytes?",Dustin gave me a "Really?" look, while Lucas looked at everyone as if he had just won a price.

"Told ya.",the boy said proudly, which made everyone in the room, including me, chuckle.

But my smile suddenly faded and I became dead serious. "Did you just hear that?"

Panic was written all over the boys faces.

"That...That sound.",I muttered.

Everyone looked around, searching for the source of my so called "sound".

I slapped onto the table abruptly, making everyone flinch. "That didn't come from the troglodytes...No that was something far more dangerous."

It was dead silent until..."THE DEMOGORGAN."

All the boys started groaning, knowing that this enemy was much worse than some troglodytes.

"We're in deep shit.",Dustin complained.

I ignored the boy and instead turned my attention to the boy in front of me. "Will, your action!"

"I don't know.",he replied, completely overwhelmed with the situation.

"Fireball him!",Lucas and Mike shouted at the same time.

"I have to roll a 13, or higher.",the Byers argued.

"Too risky. Cast a protection spell.",Dustin proposed.

"Don't be a pussy! Fireball him.",Lucas insisted.

I looked annoyed at the boy. "Hey Sinclaire, watch your mouth."

"Cast Protection!"

"Fireball him."

I soon had enough. "The Demogorgon is tired of your human bickering!"

Finally I had everyone's attention. "It stomps towards you. BOOM."

Lucas next to me seemed to panic. "FIREBALL HIM."

I continued. "Another stomp. BOOM."

"Cast protection."

Will seemed to be unsure.

He looked at me, his gaze desperate, which made my heart cramp.

I gave him a warm smile and tried to calm him down with my gaze.

Will made his decision. "FIREBALL."

He threw the dice which landed on the flour, causing everyone, especially Dustin, to cuss loudly.

The boys have literally thrown themselves on the floor and were now searching for the dice.

"Is it a 13?",Dustin asked stressed out.
He really seemed to have an almost-panic attack.
"Oh my God. Oh my God. OH MY GOD."

"Dustin?",I spoke softly.

"Yes?"

"I need you to calm down."

The boy looked at me in disbelief. "Calm down? We've been playing all day. If we screw up, we can go home."

A female voice stopped me from answering. "MIKE."

It was Mrs. Wheeler.

"MIKE!",she yelled again, clearly annoyed that her son wasn't reacting to her shouting.

I heard the sound of an opening door and immediately looked at the woman who was now standing at the beginning of the stairs.
"Mike."

The raven haired boy looked up. "Mom, we're in the middle of a campaign."
"You mean the end?",the woman asked with raised eyebrows. "It's fifteen after."

Mike ran up the stairs, leaving me with the other boys alone, who were still searching for the dice.

I took a deep sigh.

It was a really exciting at the moment but Karen was right. We definitely had to go.

I packed my things and left the basement looking at Mike and his mom.

I slowly approached them.

Karen smiled when she saw me. "Emma, honey, it's nice to see that you're still alive. I haven't heard from you guys all day."

"Well...it's been a really interesting campaign. It took us forever to come this far but I totally understand that we have to leave. The boys have school, me too.
I should really head home. Steve's gonna be worried.",that was a lie.

Steve couldn't care less. I don't even know if he noticed that I'm not at home.

But that's no big suprise.

I'm probably my brother's biggest embarrassment.
The nerdy sister who's bestfriends with the school freak Jonathan Byers.
But in my defense, Jonathan isn't my only friend.
Barbara Holland and Nancy Wheeler, Mike's sister, are my best girl friends.
And the four boys are too.

It's better than having to live Steve's life.
His friends were people like Carol or Tommy H who couldn't care less about him or how he's feeling.

So I'm really grateful for what I have.

"I'm just gonna go upstairs, say bye to Nancy.",I informed the woman.

"Of course, honey. Do that."

I heard Nancy before I saw her. "Barb no, I don't think so.",she said to the other person on the line.

I smiled and knocked a few times on her open door. "Hey Nance."

The girl looked at me and gave me a smile in return.

"Hold on, Barb.",Nancy got off the phone. "Hey Emmy, did you finish your nerd game with my brother and his friends?"

I rolled my eyes with a small grin on my face. "We actually didn't. But I have to leave now. It's getting pretty late. I just wanted to say bye."

"I love you, Emmy, but you're really freaking me out when you're playing D&D with my brother and his friends. You definitely need some fresh air.",my best friend spoke.

I laughed. "Shut up, Nance. Just- Tell Barb I said hi and that I really need her index cards for the chem test."

"I will. See you tomorrow.",my bestfriend waved at me and went back to the phone when I left her room.

I frowned when I saw Dustin walking upstairs.

"Hey Dust, what are you doing?",I asked him.

The boy's cheeks became red. "Eh- I-I wanted to ask Nancy if she wants the last slice of pizza."

I smiled softly at him. "She's on the phone right now but I'm sure she can't resist. That pizza was delicious."

Dustin looked at me a bit insecure. "Do you want it?"

My heart melted. "What about Nancy?"

"Oh eh, I don't really think she likes me so...It doesn't matter.",the curly haired boy answered.

I bent down slightly and gave Dustin a kiss on his check. "You, Dustin Henderson, are the sweetest. You know that, right? Girls my age only have idiots on their minds. But as soon as they're out of that age, they won't be able to resist you. Just- promise me to never change. Never, for anyone but yourself. Okay Dust?"

A wide grin appears on his face. "I promise."

I took the pizza slice and smiled warmly at the boy next to me.

We walked outside together, where Lucas and Will sat already on their bikes.

I turned on my lamp and set down on my bike.

Dustin and Lucas were already further ahead while Will and I were still in Mike's driveway with him.

I turned to the raven-haired boy who looked very unhappy. "We will continue our campaign, I promise."

He sighed. "It's so stupid."

I smiled softly. "Good Night, Mike. Sleep well."

"Good Night, Sunny."

I smiled when he used that name.

My friends used to call me Sunflower when I was little because I had this really weird obsession with sunflowers but only Mike called me Sunny. He just started doing that and I thought that it was really sweet.

"Hey Ems...?",I turned around when I heard Will's voice.

"Yes, honey?"

"It was a seven."

I didn't immediately understood what he meant. "Huh?"

"The roll, it was a seven. The Demogorgon, it got me.",the boy explained and leaned forward to start driving.

"I see you guys tomorrow.",Will exclaimed.

"Be safe, Will! Okay? Promise!",I yelled after him.

"I promise.",he yelled back.

Who knew that Will Byers was gonna break that promise?

The first chapter...what do you guys think about Emma so far?

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

635 22 12
Dustin Henderson x F!Reader ❝ 𝙇𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙡𝙚 𝙨𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙞𝙣𝙛𝙖𝙢𝙤𝙪𝙨 𝙎𝙩𝙚𝙫𝙚 𝙃𝙖𝙧𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙩𝙤𝙣 𝙞𝙨 𝙛𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙖 𝙡...
18.3K 506 12
"She was nothing like them, and he didn't want her to be." 𝘼𝙡𝙡 𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙨 𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙚𝙧𝙫𝙚𝙙 || 𝘪𝘪𝘵𝘴𝘤𝘩𝘭𝘰𝘦𝘦 [ 𝟎𝟏/𝟎𝟏/𝟏𝟗]
242 18 6
❝I need to get the hell out of this town.❞ THE TWILIGHT ZONE Josie never planned to set foot in Hawkins again, but Hawkins had a different plan. Stev...
181K 9.4K 56
Alina Fairgrieves doesn't know where the monster ends and the girl begins. 𝐄𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐃 𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐘 𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄 ( 𝐎𝐂 𝐗 𝐋𝐔𝐂𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐂...