Life Is Fun

Af thedoctorgonepale

Life, the most realistic, in-depth, virtual reality game on the market. The game lets people go into the vide... Mere

(Prologue): Game start
Survival 101
Hunt or hunted
Allies of the game
The peacemaking past: part 1
The peacemaking past: part 2
Genocide 101
The real game begins: part 1
The real game begins: part 2
Tree top fun
Only you can cause forest fires
The truth of Life: part 1
The truth of Life: part 2
The truth of Life: part 3

Castle raiding

316 19 4
Af thedoctorgonepale

Yn's POV:

(Day 17)

Bob and I stood on a cliff nearby the large complex on the mountain.

We counted eight different players working on it.

It may have been just the two of us, but that was enough with the element of surprise.

His sniper out, Bob aimed at the unsuspecting factioners.

Yn: Whenever you have a clear shot... Pop as many of them as you can.

Bob: Roger, roger.

When I started this game, I was prepared to be completely solo. But luckily I found Bob who's really been good at stopping me from going too far.

A friend is what I need.

Especially when taking on a faction.

(BANG)

"GGG5 was sniped by Allmighty_Bob"

(BANG)

"SeeYou3you got their mind blown by Allmighty_Bob"

(BANG)

"Goolow was crossed of Allmighty_Bob's list"

Yn: Haha! Let's go!

With those three kills, it was two against five. Leaping across into their base, we begin our full force attack.

(Opening theme)

Landing in their foolishly designed, open roof base, I scurried near the stairs to where their entrance to the main section of their base was.

As I did that, I set off the explosives Bob and I planted to scare the group.

Like smoking out a nest of bees, I'm going to have them come to me.

Two guys were already on top, those were Bob's job.

With a grenade at the ready, and footsteps noticeable in the distance, I toss one down the stairs before rolling out of the way of bullet fire from one of the two on top.

Yn: Come on Bob! Do your job!

Bob: I'm not Disco! I ain't good with crowd management!

(Boom)

"Freckledfranky was blown up by Yn's grenade.

"Transfer met an explosive from Yn"

Noticing that I'm hiding behind the enemy's workbench, I take a peek inside to find an AK.

Since it had a few bullets in it, I helped myself.

Getting up, I fired a spread of bullets at the two other faction members.

Multiple bullets hit, but nothing lethal, just enough to make them take cover.

Bob regrouped with me, as I gave suppressing fire.

Bob: Whoa, these guys are really annoying. Bulletproof armor, automatic rifles...

Yn: Hmm... Cover me.

Digging through their crates, I take some items and used their workbench to make a battle axe.

Bob: What are you doing?

Yn: Having fun.

Pulling the pin off another grenade, I toss it in the air. When it fell down, I smacked it with the blunt side of the axe, launching it towards the enemies.

(Boom)

As soon as something blew up behind them, I knew they would be looking there, if only for a moment.

That's when I came in an executed them with the axe.

"Chunkjunk was chopped up by Yn"

"Babylon555 had an axe to grind with Yn"

Yn: Bulletproof armor ain't got nothing on a battle axe.

Throwing the axe away I stand on the edge of the base, feeling victorious.

Bob:(sigh)... We got lucky...

Yn: Lucky? Eh, maybe... But we won, didn't we?

He approached the ledge just like me.

Yn: Now what should we do after raiding this place?

Bob: We'll see. Let's get one thing out of the way first.

Yn: Raiding this place? Fine.

Turning around I leap back into the base, only to find a player with a shotgun.

(Bang)

Both Bob and I get hit, but since he was on the edge, he got knocked off whilst I took some damage.

Bob: What the!?

Pulling out my gun, I shoot the guy, who runs off.

Bob: FFFUUU-

" Allmighty_Bob walked the plank because of Heyjude64"

Yn: You little!

I chased the bastard through his base. Might have missed him once but not this time.

Sadly, I lost him once or twice but found him again as he tried to take off on a plane.

I chased after the plane as it tried building up speed to take off.

While running across the runway, I found where Bob landed.

I picked up his sniper then leaped onto the plane.

It quickly took off, so I fired the sniper at the player.

(Bang)

"Heyjude64 failed to see Yn right in front of him"

Getting into the plane I fly off.

Yn:... Tch...

I didn't get Bob's contact info, so that was probably the last time he and I would ever speak again.

This was probably in all likelihood, the last teammate I will have.

It was nice being a part of a team again, but I think it's time to go back to being solo.

It was better off that way... But I will remember Bob... I'll shoot people in his name.

(Day 24)

Getting over my short-lasting teammate, I use the plane I stole to look over the whole map.

I discovered many things.

Multiple bases, larger than the one I raided with Bob.

Multiple factions which grew larger by forcing the smaller ones to join with them.

If I didn't do anything I would either be up against nation-level enemies or have to split the reward for surviving with them.

But how would I go about it?

As of now, my best option is to pick them off, one by one.

With my plane out of fuel, I crash it into the forest, a good distance away from my base, as not to attract any attention near it.

But as I land, I find multiple uninvited guests have arrived.

Mark: That skin... It has to be.

Billy: What's with the mask?

Zach: Dude, is it you?

The simp trio... And their queen.

Billy: Hm?

She walks past the simps with a mournful expression like the one everyone in real life tells me about.

This female specimen was someone I knew for years and was even my best friend.

As I glared silently at her through my smiley mask, I reach for the sword on my back, showing her that she's come close enough.

(Elly aka Elle)

Elle: Nathan...

(Before the tournament)

(3rd person POV)

A girl and her childhood friend, after school, entered an empty classroom.

The girl had brought the boy to ask him something.

Obvious or perhaps feigning ignorance the boy had no clue what the girl wanted to ask.

Elle: Nathan... I was thinking...

She was giddy at the thoughts she had but nervous to speak.

Elle: We've known each other for so long... We're basically...

The boy simply smiled and listen which gave the girl confidence to say...

Elle: I'm tired of saying we're just friends. I love you. Let's be boyfriend and girlfriend.

Nathan:...

The boy's smile disappeared.

Nathan:...

Elle: A-a little out of nowhere, I know... But.. I just couldn't help myself anymore.

Elle: I've liked you for a long time now....

Elle: When people say we'll be m-married someday... My heart just flutters thinking about you...and me... Like that...

The boy who had lost his smile gained a grim expression.

Elle:... Hehe... What's wrong?

Nathan:.... Let's just stay friends for now.

Elle:!!?

She felt as if her whole world had shattered.

Elle: Wh-what...?

Elle: D-did I do something wrong? Did you want to ask me out or something...?

She held back tears.

Nathan: No. I don't want to ask you out...

Elle: Then why?

Nathan: You know why. I hate how people say we're going to get married. How they groom us to do just that.

Elle:??

She looks baffled by that answer.

Elle: Those are just the adults teasing us, Nathan.

Elle: Of course they think that. We-we're basically already a couple.

Nathan: No we're not.

Elle: I hug your arm everywhere we go!

Nathan: That's just a bad habit you got since when you were little and were too scared to go anywhere without your parents!

Elle: We spend every day together!

Nathan: Because we're friends in this backwash town.

Elle: W-we hug...

Nathan: And only couples hug?

Elle: Ugh, Nathan this isn't funny!

Nathan: I'm not joking. We don't kiss, or anything else.

Elle: Hmph!

She suddenly steps forward and pulls Nathan in for a kiss which lasts a moment before he rejects her.

Nathan: Blah, stop!

Elle:!!

Tears welled up, like a dam about to burst.

Elle: I asked you out because I want to move on, I want the next level!

Elle: We've been together so long, I can't imagine a future without you!

Elle: I want to kiss you, I want to love you, I want to be with you!

Nathan: Well, I don't want to be with you!

Elle:.....(sobs)...

Nathan:..... I don't love you.

Nathan: I can't stand the idea of being with you because that's what everyone wants...

Elle:(sobbing) Can't stand the idea of being with me, huh...?

Elle:(crying) Fine, then get lost!

She runs out of the room crying, falling after bumping into their other friends, Billy, Zach, and Mark.

Mark: What the?

Elle:(sobbing)

She ran away.

Nathan exited the class and went in the other direction.

Mark: What happened?!

Nathan:... We have a tournament to plan for... Let's -

Billy: Forget the tournament! Elle-

Nathan: Just needs some-

Mark: To hell with that, I'm going after her.

Zach: I'll come too.

Billy: Nathan?

Nathan: I think we should leave her out of the tournament.

Mark: Huh? Why? Because she's really sad!? Asshole, if that's how you want to do it, I'm out of your team.

He runs off with the other two following.

Nathan:... Tch!

(Slam)

He hits a locker.

Nathan:(mind) Fuck this stupid town!

Nathan:(mind) You couldn't just let us be... Instead, you pushed and shoved this on us for your own amusement.

He angrily goes home.

(Ending theme)

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

60.3K 4.8K 152
ARCADIA is the VRMMORPG that became humanity's beacon of hope to escape the harsh reality. In 2070, Arcadia was being played by almost 5 billion peop...
140K 6.1K 33
Being constantly compared to ones brother can make one feel neglected. This is the case for Kai Walker. His brother was the star of the schools socce...
10.3K 956 15
(Highest Ranking: 117 in Science Fiction) In 2032, Virtual Reality gaming has become the most prominent form of entertainment, and a company known a...
55.7K 4.7K 59
For students of the Wynter Academy, the virtual world of Cytronica is the perfect after-school hangout. A private realm just for them and the local b...