That Voice Actor's Voice

By polaris_epsilon

Embark on a rollercoaster ride of workplace drama, hidden secrets, and unexpected friendships in "Ordinary Ec... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99

Chapter 35

2 0 0
By polaris_epsilon

"The ladies were so excited when it was decided that he will play an original composition. That's how popular our Charles is." Katie said.

He will also play other classical piano music also, aside from his original composition.

"Too bad you won't hear him play in this rare occasion." said my other female colleague.

"I know but it's okay. Anyways, enjoy your night. You all look glamorous today." I said.

Katie looked at me from head to toe. "Thanks." she said.

That's pretty rude, she seemed like she is saying that she deserves hearing my compliment.

The other two thanked me and smiled at me. They're much appreciative than Katie.

The three ladies went on to the entrance of the function room and I went on the go the the lobby.

I have met up with my companions at the lobby. I can see a dejected and sad Maya seated on the sofa.

Maria was seated beside her and was comforting her. Lucas and Conrad are seated on the other sofa.

I approached Maya and asked if she's okay now.

"A little bit." She said.

"They officially broke up." Maria said.

Conrad suddenly sighed with relief. All of us all looked at him.

"Thank goodness they broke up!" He said this in a mad tone.

"Hey, you're sister is here you know! Don't say that." Lucas said this to Conrad discretely.

"It's okay. My brother is right. I'm glad that I had a final talk with that jerk!" Maya said.

Maya began to be herself again little by little. I'm glad too that they broke up because her ex is no good

"Let's now eat until our bellies are full! Forget all your sorrows for tonight, Maya! Our feast is free anyways!" Lucas excitedly said.

Maya laughed and joked that he only wanted to eat free food and doesn't care what she feels right now.

All of us laughed and went to the open restaurant to eat some good barbequed and grilled food.

As we approached the reception of the open restaurant of this hotel, we were accommodated immediately when we gave our names to the reception lady.

As we were assigned to our table, Conrad asked if Satchico's boyfriend, named Kamiya Satou will be really paying for our meal.

"Yes, sir. Mr. Satou informed us that you can order as many as you want." The lady said.

"We don't actually know that person... so do you know who exactly is Kamiya Satou?" Lucas said.

The lady looked around her surroundings and then she carefully whispered to us that Kamiya Satou is actually a son of a conglomerate business owner that actually owns this hotel.

Our jaws dropped when we heard this from the lady.

"He didn't even say that he owns this hotel." Maria said.

"They're a humble and a generous family. They also have several malls, hospitals, resorts and hotels." The lady said.

"Is his girlfriend also from a wealthy family? Usually, their significant other is also from a wealthy family." Maria asked.

The lady shook her head. "She's just from a simple and ordinary household."

"Like a fairytale, huh?" Conrad said.

The lady agreed. She also said that it wasn't easy road for them to be a couple before and she told us that he was forced to be engaged to a wealthy daughter of another conglomerate business owner. Apparently, he doesn't like his fiancé and tried his all to be with Satchico.

It took some time before the engagement to be broken off and didn't see each other for a few years but finally, they are at the peak of their romance.

"His girlfriend was actually his first love ever since he was in college." She added.

The lady realized that she's talking too much and apologized for taking up our time.

We said that it was alright since she shared a bittersweet story. The lady told us to keep it a secret because the couple doesn't want any unnecessary attention.

"He's humble and generous indeed." I said.

"The way he looks at his girlfriend is amazing. He looks he is really happy to be with her." Conrad said.

"True." Maria replied.

I can't believe that a fellow fan of mine is actually a girlfriend of a rich son! That's amazing!

Satchico is a simple, polite and a humble girl. I'm not judging or anything but it's just that how amazing that a simple girl from an ordinary household would be liked by a rich, generous, and an extremely handsome guy. She's so lucky!
.
.
.
.
.
.

After several minutes, the food that we ordered has finally arrived. Grilled pork and chicken were abundant with matching sauces were served. Cola and beers were also served. Many grilled or barbequed viandds were also served.

The food was so tasty! We ate so much because we knew our food is free so we ordered several types of food in the menu which we were able to finish all the food we ordered.

The evening wind is cool so we were able to eat comfortably. Silly stories were the topic of our conversations which we enjoyed talking about.

A few moments later, Maya is already drunk from drinking several beer glasses.

She was mumbling bad phrases about her boyfriend in a drunk state. She suddenly cries then moments later she would laugh.

We were laughing at her and she would laugh too from our laughter.

Conrad decided to call it a night. He just only drank half a glass of beer so he wasn't that drunk. He grabbed his sister's arm and placed it around his shoulders.

Maya drunkenly waved at us goodbye then both siblings went inside the hotel to return to their rooms.

I'm a bit sleepy and tired so I asked Lucas and Maria if I can return to my room now.

Both of them are a bit drunk but not the same level as Maya. They said I can go and they still wanted to drink so they still stayed at the restaurant.

While walking towards the entrance to the hotel, I was thinking that I should give the pen I bought tomorrow. I'm actually panicking when will a great timing for Lucas to receive the pen tomorrow.

As I was walking, I came across to the function room where my colleagues are at right now. The function room door is half opened so I actually can feel the cold air from the room.

It wasn't my intention to come near at this function room because returning to my room is much easier than the other alternative way.

No one is in the area so I decided to peak inside the function room.

I was amazed how the room looks like. Is this a wedding reception or what? The room is classy indeed!

Everyone seems to enjoy the event. I was about to leave the area but when I suddenly heard the host saying that Charles will now play the piano to serenade everyone, I got interested to hear him play the piano for the first time.

Is he that good? His brother said that he actually won some piano contest. Hmmm... I'll try to listen it for a few seconds.

He started playing the piano. It has a strong start but turns to a mellow one after a few seconds.

As I was listening to his piano playing, my mind says the tune is very familiar.

Wait a second. Why do I know this melody? In my mind, a familiar memory flashed in my mind.

An auditorium is surrounded by many people. I saw someone playing the piano on the stage. The face is blurry and I can't see the person who was playing the piano.

I'm still intently remembering who is that person playing the piano. I swear, the melody being played right now is the same as the melody from the memory that is being flashed in my mind.

What is this?! My heart is swelling and feels sad but at the same time it feels nostalgic. I can't picture out the face of the guy who is playing the piano in my mind.

The melody feels really familiar. I believe it's my first time hearing this but my gut says otherwise.

I decided to leave the place and I returned to my room.

While changing my clothes into my simple shirt and shorts, I kept thinking who was the guy in my memory!

I can't keep still and decided that I don't want to sleep until I can make that guy's face in my mind clear.

I went outside of the room and there's a wooden bench that you could sit on with a wonderful view outside at the end of the hallway of the same floor.

I went to the wooden bench and stared at the night sky still deciphering why Charles's melody is the same as the guy playing the melody in my mind.

Is the blurry guy in my mind Charles? No way! It can't be!

I haven't seen him before when I entered the company. He said he met me before so there's a high chance that he is that guy in my mind.

Impossible! If that's so then why Charles's face didn't even show in my mind?!

I've been sitting here for an hour and a half already and I still can't decipher it. I placed my elbows on my lap near my knees and interlaced my hands to place it on my head.

I'm getting frustrated. Is that even my memory? Am I a reincarnation of somebody else?

I slouched on the bench, opened my legs like a guy and stretched my legs.

I think I should give up. I extended my neck towards the back of the bench and I saw an upside down view of Charles looking at me with his body facing at the door in front of me.

I was startled and fixed my posture. I rotated my trunk towards the back and looked at Charles. He looked surprised at me while he was holding his card key for the room. There is also some paper gripped in between his upper arm and his sides.

"I-is that your room?" I asked.

"Yes, this is my room. Why you're here?" He said.

"Nothing. I just wanted to see the view." I lied.

His room is very near at this balcony! I can't believe this! Now I'm embarrassed that he saw me here only wearing a shirt and shorts! I didn't expect that we have the same room floor!

"Is the party done?" I asked.

"Not yet. I'm too tired from playing the piano earlier so I'm going to rest."

He seemed so tired and doesn't seem have the mood to talk any further.

"O-okay. Have a good rest and good night." I said.

"Good night." He replied.

He tapped his card key to the lock and he opened the door. Suddenly, the papers that was gripped in between his arm and side fell on the floor.

I think he is really too tired. He should've used his other hand to open the door.

I helped him pick up the papers that fell down on the floor. I picked one piece of paper and I got a glimpse about what was written on the paper.

My eyes got big when I saw what was written on the paper. It was a sheet music that has the title Autumn Leaves written on the sheet.

As I was crouching on the floor looking at the sheet, I landed on my butt and I kept on staring at the sheet music. Seeing these musical notes written on this sheet suddenly triggered my memory from the past.

"Hey, what's wrong?!" Charles crouched in front of me and got a hold on my shoulders panicking at me.

My heart was pounding rapidly. I felt emotional all of the sudden when I saw his sheet music.

Now I remember. We actually knew each other. Charles was right!

I looked at him looking surprised while he was looking at me with his worried face.

"You- you were the guy I met on the park! You're also the guy from piano contest!" I said.

The blurry guy turns out to be Charles. The face of the guy inside my mind became clear.

However, I still can't remember the guy who I was with inside the classroom but I'm sure it's not Charles.

Charles suddenly looked surprised. He picked up all of his sheet music and grabbed my arm to help me stand up.

I'm still in the state of shock. I didn't protest when he pulled me into his room. I just can't believe that he was the guy from my mind.

I'm already inside his room. He closed the door and placed the sheet on the side table of his room then approached me.

"Do you actually remember it? Or are you pretending that you remember me?" He seriously said.

I shook my head. "I remember you! We used to meet at the park every after class during high school! I was a freshman and you were a senior! We're in different schools though." I said.

He crossed his arms implying that he still not trust me for saying those things.

"I gave you my used eraser for your composition! And I know you used to have bad fights with the other kids from your school and from other schools!"

He suddenly hugged me. "Are you really sure? You really remember me this time?"

"Yes but that's the thing that flashed into my mind. We first met when you hit me with your bag at the park!" I said.

He pushed me away gently and looked at me as if he was relieved.

"Why did you not remember me before? You don't know how I was devastated when you said that you don't know me." He said.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I really don't know. I didn't do anything that made me forget about you."

He smiled at me. "At least you remembered me."

"That sheet music made me remember who you are." I said.

I apologized that I was insisting that I don't remember him before.

He shook his head slowly. "I don't care about that anymore."

I slapped my forehead. I'm trying to remember what made me forget this guy. There's still parts of my past memory that I feel like it's not complete.

I remember most parts about him but I believe it's still incomplete. I really feel nostalgic.

I was about to slap my forehead again but he stopped me by grabbing my hand.

"It's okay. I'm not forcing you to remember it but let me ask you, what do you feel now after you remember our past?"

I looked at him and he's intently waiting for my reply. Now my mind is drifting away. I just realized that he's this attractive at this close proximity.

"Ugh... I don't know. I really don't know. It's just that I'm overwhelmed and I feel so... ashamed for not remembering you." I said.

He placed his hand on my cheek then he suddenly kissed me on my lips.

I suddenly felt stiff. He removed his lips from mine and looked at me. He then placed some stray strands of my hair at the back of my ears.

"You don't have to feel ashamed. I don't blame you for forgetting about me." He said.

I've regained my senses and I suddenly covered my lips with both of my hands.

He just kissed me! No way! I can feel the heat suddenly generated on my face.

"I don't regret kissing you because I still love you." He seriously said this.

What? He still loves me?

"Y-you're together with Zilly, right? Don't d-do this to me." I shyly said.

He scoffed at me. "No way. We're just friends. I don't treat her as a girlfriend. She's just like a younger sister."

He grabbed both of my wrists and tried to remove my hands from my face. I didn't protest and I just put my hands down but he's still holding my wrists.

"Who is that guy who was waving at you yesterday? He's the same guy you're with when the both of you were shopping for his clothes, right?"

"Do you like him? Or the endorser guy? You've been very chummy with the both of them. I'm more pissed by the endorser guy, well I'm also pissed with other guy." He added.

"No! Conrad's is just a close friend! Lucas is..."

I lagged a little bit because a part of me doesn't want to say Lucas is just a friend. I really like Lucas!

"Lucas is..."

"His name is Lucas? So you like him?" He smirked at me.

He chuckled but suddenly his mood turned darker. "Don't tell me you're in a relationship with him now."

I shook my head. "No! I'm not his girlfriend... yet." I shamefully said this because this might make Charles give me up on me.

He's showing a furious face. "Yet?!" After a few seconds, he mellowed down.

"This makes me not to give up on you more." He confidently said this.

Oh no. It backfired. What I'm supposed to do!

"I'm sorry but nothing changed even if I remembered you!" I desperately said.

"This might change your opinion."

He pulled me towards him and then kissed me again. This time, it's more passionate.

I'm trying to push him away but his kisses made me give up pushing him away. My body control suddenly turned over to him as if he has the control over my body.

Is this what a kiss feels like? My lips moves along with his lips. His kiss is passionate but it's gentle.

Our lips just separated. I'm catching my breath then he suddenly caressed my lips with his thumb.

"This is your first time kissing someone, huh? You're an amateur when it comes to this." He suddenly laughed at me.

I got furious and I slapped his chest. "Why did you do that!"

He arrogantly shrugged his shoulders. "You didn't fully pushed me away. My kiss is really good, right?"

He grabbed my hand and placed it on his chest where the heart is located.

"Feel it? This is how I feel about you."

His heart is pounding so fast! His face says otherwise! It's pounding so crazy compared to mine.

"Do you understand? I really love you. I'm so jealous when you're too friendly with other guys. It really hurts me."

He placed his forehead against mine and whispered to me "I can't take it anymore."

He hugged me and started to kiss me again. My body begins to feel a little hot all of the sudden. Our bodies are touching already.

As we were kissing, he's trying to move us both towards the inner part of his room. He began to remove his suit jacket and threw it on the floor.

We're still standing and kissing on each other's lips. He's still hugging me but I can feel his hands are now slowly sneaking in under my shirt at my back.

He further made us both move towards to his bed. My leg touched the edge of his bed then we stopped. Both of us are now trying to catch our breath.

While we're both cathing up our breath, he's unbuttoning his dress shirt.

When he unbuttoned all the buttons of his dress shirt, he pushed me gently and I fell down on his bed.

When I laid down on his bed, I suddenly felt scared. This might lead into the route that I don't want to happen between us!

I immediately sat upright but he placed his hand on my shoulder.

"I'm not doing anything that could harm you in anyway." He said this with an reassuring voice.

"But-!"

He shut me off by kissing me again. I can feel his hands are trying to go under my shirt on my back again.

Oh no, I can tell he's unhooking my bra! This time I really pushed him away real hard. Good thing he was unsuccessful with it.

I'm extremely nervous and scared right now! My heart is also pounding so fast!

I stood up from the bed then he reached out for my hand.

"I'm sorry. I was caught up with my emotions." He said.

Can't deny that I was caught up with the emotions too but he's going too far so I didn't like the feeling that he goes beyond kissing. It's too scary.

"I really love you. Can you give me a chance?" His voice is shaking.

Lucas popped up in my head suddenly. I'm so dead straight that I like Lucas.

I will follow what I want. I still can't shake off the feeling of fear and disappointemnt from Charles because of the mean things he did to me.

I believe that I'm not in love with him. When I finally remembered him, nothing changed about the way I feel about him.

I pulled away from his grip and said that I'm sorry to him without looking back at him.

I hurriedly went outside of his room. Luckily, no one is around the hallway and the balcony.

I ran towards to my room and crashed myself on the bed.

I keep on rubbing off my lips using the back of my hand because I just can't believe that I willingly allowed him to kiss me.

He's so bold. He's persistent that he still loves me even though I clearly told him that I don't like him.

Now it's hard to go and meet him in the office thinking all the things we did earlier.

Anyways, I won't like him just because he told me he still loves me and remembered my past with him.

To distract myself, I better think how will I give the pen I bought for Lucas.

»»»»»End of Chapter 35«««««

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

477 97 13
Introverts, I call out to you: This book is about Athena, the nerdiest of introverts. However, like everyone she was hit by the curse of falling in...
9.7M 210K 47
(18+) "We shouldn't, your son is my fiancΓ©." I whispered sounding unsure and very hostile. He watched me carefully with his dark blue eyes before til...
2.5M 90.4K 63
(BOOK 2 OF MAFIA LOVE SERIES) EXCERPT: "I don't get you. At times you're trying to kill me and then you're seducing me. I can't seem to fig...
135K 5.9K 26
FORMERLY TITLED "FATUM" Chosen as a Wattpad Featured Story in May 2017 There's a reason high school senior Athena Thorpe spends every available momen...