Lianne's Revenge

By Detentionqueen

Cover by @Reeruworld00. Thank you so much for making it for me. Formally Playing The Billionaire. ******** "W... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Five

694 36 65
By Detentionqueen

Oliver

Bored.

That's what I was. I had nothing to do and no motivation to find something to do. All I did was flip through channels, hoping to find something good.

I did not.

Luckily, my friends were feeling the same boredom and called me up to meet them at our favorite hangout spot. We all loved my gran's cafe and her snacks, not to mention the amazing service we get just because we knew her.

I got a booth reserved for us and waited till Israel showed up, Sam not too far behind. The three of us have been friends since kindergarten. We were sort of like the three musketeers. We had codes, hand signals and any other way of communication that couldn't be deciphered so easy by other people.

“So what's been going on with you guy? Got girlfriends yet?” Israel asked after we had settled into our seats.

He was always the lady's man out of all of us especially in highschool. Girls were always drawn towards him because of his looking. His caramel eyes and dark brown hair always had them giving him the eyes. He was tall, almost seven feet, which as a basketball player was very important.

I've had my fair share of girls in my life but not as many as he did. But things changed when he met Aaliyah. They met at a fair and naturally, he flirted with her, clearly attracted to her. Aaliyah on the other hand was completely uninterested and made him work for the opportunity to date her.

In the end it worked out fine, They're engaged now and will be married in a few months.

“I've been trying, women are so difficult.” Sam complained with a groan.

“Who would've thought.” I sympathized sarcastically.

She responded by hitting my in the shoulder playfully. “I think I should just be straight again.”

“You were straight before?” Israel gaped.

She simply rolled her eyes with a scoff. “You guys are terrible. Of course I was straight.”

“As straight as a bendy straw.” The two off us burst into an obnoxious laughter and an annoyed Sam had no choice but to join in.

“I take it your date didn't go so well then?” I asked once we had calmed down. She shook her head sadly.

“What was the problem this time? Her hair was too hairy?” She giggled airily at Israel's remark.

“No. I just didn't feel anything, the date was so awkward. I thought I liked shy girls but I'm starting to second guess that.”

“Don't worry, soon you guys will find the one for you like I did.” Of course, he had to brag that he'd found a woman like always.

He constantly teased us when we were having issues finding significant others and give 'sage' advice that often ended up backfiring. We knew it was all in good fun though and always had a come back.

“I'm surprised how the both of you are dating after you pulled an Israel.” Hearing the reference the didn't know the meaning to always irritated him.

“What the hell does that even mean?” He demanded. “You two have been saying that since I started dating her.”

Sam and I, the only ones who knew the meaning laughed at his ignorance. I raised my eyebrows and puckered my lips as a sign to Sam.

Should we tell him?

She smirked and shook her head. We let him stew in his annoyance all while laughing in his face. He didn't know that ‘pulling an Israel’ meant doing something late or with a lot of delay, especially asking a girl out even when others are advising you to.

He had been crushing on his fiancée for almost a year and she had moved out of state before he told her about his feelings. They dated long distance for two years before she moved back to New York and six months later, he proposed.

All the while he had feelings for her, we had been encouraging him to tell her before she left but the idiot didn't listen. Hence, ‘pulling an Israel’ became a thing. Sam and I have been hanging it over his head and refused to tell him the meaning no matter how much he begged since then.

Something about his frustration was so amusing.

“You are terrible friends.” He grumbled, crossing his arms over his chest.

“What are you going do? Tell Aaliyah on us?” Sam teased, sticking her lip out in a mocking pout.

At that moment, his phone rang and judging by the way his eyes lit up, it was his beloved fianceé. He excused himself with Sam and I taunting him childishly.

As a silence fell on the two of us remaining, I proceeded to check my phone for any emails of texts. I just had one from my mom asking if I was going to be at their house for family dinner.

I responded to it, lifting my head when I heard Sam call my name.

“Guess who just walked in.” I shrugged, not having an idea. “I'll give you a hint, she's got blonde hair and likes shopping at Ivy's.”

There was only one woman I knew she could possibly be talking about. Sure enough, Lianne walked right by our booth not even noticing us. She placed her small bag on a table by a window and took a book out of it.

She appeared a lot more casual in jeans and sneakers with less make up on, I was use to seeing her in a dress and heels but this was a welcome change.

“What are you looking at?” My best friend returned only to catch me staring at her.

I didn't say anything but Sam had no problem airing my dirty linens. “Some chick he has a crush on.”

“I do not have a crush on her.” I denied fiercely.

“Ooh, I wanna see, where is she?” He scanned around us in an effort to locate a woman he has never seen before.

“You see that girl in the rose covered shirt?” He followed Sam's direction and nodded. “That's her. Her name's Lianne and our dear Olly Polly has the hots for her.”

“I do not.” I made it clear.

“Why not? She isn't so bad. She does have a nice ass, you love that.”

She did but that wasn't the point.

“Shut the fuck up, man or I'll tell Aaliyah you're admiring other girls.” I threatened.

He raised his hands in mock surrender. “Fine, I won't look at your girl no more.”

“She is not my girl!”

“Sure.” My two friends chorused with private smiles.

I rolled my eyes at them, my gaze darting to Lianne again. She was so engrossed by her book, it made me wonder what she was reading. Maybe it was one of mom's books or some other sappy romance.

“Look how he's staring at her.” I heard my friend whisper badly.

“Like she's the last muffin in the fridge.” They snickered as I narrowed my eyes at the both of them.

I managed to steer the conversation away from the topic of Lianne to something else but glaced at the periodically as time went on. She ordered a croissant and a drink, keeping her attention on her book.

“I'll be right back guys, I have to go to the bathroom.” Sam said before getting up.

It was minutes later that Lianne closed her books and stuffed it into her bag with her phone in her hands as she walked to the counter to pay. The sound of Sam swearing at someone diverted my attention.

“Excuse you, asshole.” She scoffed, watched the guy that bumped into her walk away purposefully.

He looked a bit familiar.

She returned to her seat next to Israel who was looking in the direction the guy went. There was a sort of confusion on his face like he was trying to pin point who that was while I was trying to figure out why he seemed to be following Lianne.

“Was that guy following your girl or was it just me?” He wondered out loud.

I decided to ignore the fact that he called her my girl again. “Yeah, looked like it.”

“Maybe we should check it out, he did seem damn focused on her.” Sam suggested.

The three of us nodded and walked out together, having already paid for our snacks. We didn't see Lianne of the guy right outside the door but when we went a little further we could sparsely see a woman forced against a wall beside a dumpster fighting against her assailant and losing.

It was in a small passageway between Sophia's Corner and the building next to it. We weren't sure I was her but it didn't mean we weren't going to try to help.

“Hey! Leave her alone!” Israel hollered as we entered the alleyway.

The guy turned, dragging the woman who was revealed to be Lianne by her arm. It was her ex, the same person I warned to leave her alone. I did expect him to keep trying to get to her but the instance of Israel knowing him was something I didn't even think of.

“Nolan?”

He grinned with an eye roll. “Oh it's you, Israel, I didn't think I'd see you here.”

“Leave her alone.” I spoke up.

“Oh, you're here too. I don't know why you keep following my fiancée and I around when we're just trying to have a nice day.” He said.

“I an not your fiancée.” Lianne struggled against him.

“Shut the fuck up!”

“No! Let me go!” She kept resisting and that angered Nolan.

He pulled her to his chest and pulled a switchblade out of his pocket, holding the knife to her throat. He said something in her ear that made her still.

“Let her go.” Israel repeated.

The man just scoffed in annoyance. “I don't get why you two are bothering us, don't you have a bitch to fuck, Israel?”

I could see his anger spike as he gritted. “Don't talk about her like that.”

“The police are already on their way so I think you should've just leave Lianne alone before you get arrested.”

“Oh, I'm so scared.” He said sarcastically.

All the while we had been talking, he didn't notice that we were gradually getting closer to them. Lianne was clawing at his arm which was across her chest desperate for a way out.

The next bit happened fairly quickly. Lianne managed to get her heel up and dig it into the man's balls sharply, causing him to loosen his grip and double over. While I kicked his knife out of his hands, she made sure she was out of arm's length.

Israel jumped in and punched him in the jaw as I pulled Lianne to stand behind Sam who also had her switchblade out.

When did it become normal for people to carry small weapons around?

We moved, putting a reasonable amount of space between us while Sam backed out of the alley with Lianne behind her. Nolan was enraged no doubt and proceeded to charged at me with a raised fist I was able to block before landing a punch of my own on him.

I was suddenly glad that Mom made me take self defense classes when I was ten.

The tussle went on for a couple of minutes before we heard sirens and Nolan bolted. I cradled my jaw, massaging where he managed to land a punch as we joined Sam and Lianne who were talking to the police.

They asked us a few questions and and got a picture of Nolan from Lianne, saying they would be on the lookout for him. Of course they were going to check his house first.

They offered to take her home but she refused, saying she'd be okay getting a cab. I wasn't going to let her and offered to take her myself.

“Thanks for your help but that won't be necessary.” She declined once again.

“I don't think it's safe for you to get a cab, I don't mind taking you home.” I persisted.

“I said no!” She snapped. “Thank you guys for helping but please, I need to be left alone.”

She stormed off after and Israel's hand on my shoulder stopped me from chasing after her.

“Damn, she's a real piece of work.” He commented, glancing in the direction she disappeared in.

“I don't actually blame her, she was just attacked, I think we should give her the space she wants. You don't know the trauma she might have so leave her alone.” Sam defended.

“Um, yes I do. That was the same guy who was stalking Aaliyah and nearly run us over. We have a restraining order against him now, like she should.”

“She looks like a smart girl, she probably will.”

“Let's go. I need some ice on my stomach. Nobody mention this to Aaliyah though, I don't want her to worry.”

“Sure.”

They continued talking while I stayed silent. As per my nature, I worried about Lianne and what she might've been feeling. My mom always said it wasn't a little thing to get assaulted even if it was just once and I wanted to check on her. The bad thing was that I didn't know where her house was or have her number.

How do I find her?

Author's Note:

Hey guys, hope you enjoyed the chapter. Please don't hesitate to tell me why you think and what you want, your comments are very important to me so don't hold back.

What do you think of everyone?

Who's POV should I do in the next chapter?

Who is your favorite character so far?

Thanks for reading and don't forget to vote and comment ❤️❤️❤️.

-E

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

218K 12.4K 53
She clung to people. He ran from people. She was broken. He thought he could mend her. She lost a baby. He lost his lifeline. She became his wo...
2.5M 81.8K 43
Ethan met the love of his life at 20, but a stupid mistake cost him to lose her. Now five years later he has a chance at winning her back. To the wor...
408K 16.3K 30
Arabella never thought she would find herself in a dark alley with a billionaire, let alone end up tangled in his web of lies. When the billionaire o...
1.1M 40K 65
"What if your not so one nightstand turns out to be your new boss ?" ❤ STARTED : 9th DECEMBER 2020 FINISHED: 14th FEBRUARY...