Stuck In The Middle With You...

By HiroshiShirogane

"I'd rather be stuck with you all the time than to not be around you anymore!" (Y/N) is a simple guy. In a si... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - View
Chapter 2 - Closing Gaps
Chapter 3 - Rain
Chapter 5 - Determination
Chapter 6 - Just Maybe
Chapter 7 - Resolve
Chapter 8 - Preparations

Chapter 4 - Getting Closer

226 9 34
By HiroshiShirogane

In all of the 17 years I've been a live as a human being, I have never had anyone else come into my room. And no, I'm not talking about people opening the door and calling me to come down for dinner or anything like that. What I'm saying is that I've never had friends and the like come into my room and hang out with me.

Now, I'm no loner okay? I have friends at school! It's just that... We usually just hang out outside and not in our houses or rooms.

Besides, It's not like I have much time anyways since I would need to watch the shop every time I get back from school.

But with a scenario like this...

.
.
.

Maya-san is currently sitting on the floor on my little table. Across the other side is me trying not to look at her. I prepared some barley tea for us so that we can have something to soothe ourselves with.

I think hot tea is great at a rainy weather like this!

But back to the main problem....

I don't know what to talk about!!

MORE IMPORTANTLY!!!

MAYA-SAN LOOKS ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE IN MY HOODIE RIGHT NOW!!!

If I don't calm down, I might blurt out something outrageous!

"Anon-kun?" Maya called out to me.

"Yes what can I do for you?!" I replied.

What the heck was that???

"Eh? Why are you suddenly treating me like a customer?" She asked.

"S-Sorry! I just blurted that out by accident!! What's up?" I said.

"I was wondering... Why do you have a drum set in your room?" She asked.

Of course she'd ask that...

But thank you, Maya-san. I can finally calm down.

"That was my dad's old set. Unbelievable right? It looks like it's it tip top shape even if it's already a few years old. Well, I guess the snare drum head looks pretty much beaten up..." I said.

"It looks really beautiful though!!" She said.

Those sparkle in her eyes...

"Hey Maya-san..." I called her.

"What is it Anon-kun?" She asked.

"You really like instruments and equipment don't you?" I asked her.

"Eheheh... I kinda do...." She said softly.

It seems like she's a bit shy about this kind of thing.

"Is it weird after all? I can sometimes lose focus on the things around me whenever I'd get attached to something that interests me..." She added.

"It's not weird at all Maya-san." I stated.

"I see... Even so! I still get distracted most of the time! So please excuse me if I ever mess up because of it!" She said and takes my hand.

"You don't have to worry about that Maya-san!" I said.

This is awkward... She's still holding my hand... Please get a clue!

"You know... It's weird..." Maya said.

"Hmmm?" I exclaimed.

She looks at my hand that she's holding with both of hers.

"I don't understand it but... It seems like I can be comfortable around you and this whole shop Anon-kun..." She said.

Comfortable? What does she mean by that?

"I mean... I can geek out all I want when I'm in this place... And I get to be surrounded by the things I like the most!!" She added.

I understand that!! But....

"B-But what did you mean when you said that you're comfortable around me...?" I asked her with hesitation.

"I'm not really sure... I feel like I'll be fine whenever you're around Anon-kun...." She said.

I swallowed. I don't know what I swallowed, but hopefully it's not my ability to hold back because....

Maya-san is so charming right now.....

This girl is dangerous for me!!

She shows this act on the room of the guys she's currently chilling with!!!

I would probably be fine without the hand but!!

GET YOURSELF TOGETHER ANON!!!

"So far, I've been having fun working here Anon-kun! I hope we'll be able to work together more!" She said.

What am I thinking... I'm thinking all about these things when Maya-san here is sincerely happy with the things that's been going on about her lately...

Alright!

"Likewise! It's not like I can just quit this job anyways!" I replied.

Maya then quickly let go of my hand.

"I-I-I'm sorry Anon-kun!!! I w-wasn't aware!!!" She said in a panic.

Ahhh... She just realized....

"I-It's alright Maya-san!" I said.

And we both just laugh it off.

I'm really glad that I can have these kinds of conversations with Maya-san after all...

"Want to check out the drum set after all Maya-san?" I suggested.

Her face brights up like a child who's been given a new toy.

"I-If it's not a bother, then by all means!" She answered.

.
.
.

We jammed as the rain passes us by that afternoon.

It's still somewhat mystical to me. This girl is truly beautiful.... Not just her appearance, but even her personality is something I adore!!

But I think it'd be awkward for the both of us if I confess these feelings that I have for her.... So I'll just keep them with me...

Yes.

On that rainy afternoon, while I was jamming along on my bass with Maya-san....

I had fallen in love with her.

.
.
.
.
.

After all that, the rain stopped. I offered to walk her home since it got somewhat dark. I might also need to atleast get her home to her family after making her stay for quite some time...

I wonder if her parents are scary?

But on our way to her house, we spot two acquaintances of Maya-san.

She stopped on her feet, and I had stopped walking as well because of it.

"Maya...chan?" A blonde haired girl said.

"Yamato-san!" A blonde haired guy said.

Eh??? Siblings??

"Chisato-san.... Makoto-san...." Maya said.

"Are these friends of yours Maya-san?" I asked her.

She nodded her head. But she didn't take her eyes off of the two.

"Maya-chan... Those clothes..." The blonde haired girl exclaimed.

Does she have any problem with my hoodie??

Oh yeah. Maya-san's clothes were all dried up, but I offered her to wear my hoodie on the way back since it is somewhat cold outside right now. I also have one on too!

"Well you see... I went to my part time job this morning and my clothes got soaked in the rain. This here is my Senpai at work! His family offered me a shower and a change of clothes while mine were drying out! Senpai also offered me to wear his hoodie because it's kind of cold outside right now!!" She explained.

Maya-san slow down!!!

"Ah, is that so..." Chisato said.

She was able to comprehend all that?!

"Wait.... Part time job?!?!" Chisato asked.

- To be Continued -

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 135 8
"There's something unique about you... that makes me want to stand by your side forever!" (Y/N) is a highschool student with his future secured. And...
1.9K 84 11
"I have fallen in love with the princess of darkness." Words can't express on how shy (Y/N) (L/N) is. He is so shy at school that people tend to forg...
8.4K 295 22
"You'll always be my rebellious flower, you know that?" Ever since they met, (Y/N) managed to form a special bond with Mitake Ran and the other memb...
14.9K 634 50
"It's my destiny to play music alongside the rest of you." (Y/N) (L/N) didn't exactly have it easy growing up. His parents abandoned him, and he sta...