Chapter 4 - Getting Closer

In all of the 17 years I've been a live as a human being, I have never had anyone else come into my room. And no, I'm not talking about people opening the door and calling me to come down for dinner or anything like that. What I'm saying is that I've never had friends and the like come into my room and hang out with me.

Now, I'm no loner okay? I have friends at school! It's just that... We usually just hang out outside and not in our houses or rooms.

Besides, It's not like I have much time anyways since I would need to watch the shop every time I get back from school.

But with a scenario like this...

.
.
.

Maya-san is currently sitting on the floor on my little table. Across the other side is me trying not to look at her. I prepared some barley tea for us so that we can have something to soothe ourselves with.

I think hot tea is great at a rainy weather like this!

But back to the main problem....

I don't know what to talk about!!

MORE IMPORTANTLY!!!

MAYA-SAN LOOKS ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE IN MY HOODIE RIGHT NOW!!!

If I don't calm down, I might blurt out something outrageous!

"Anon-kun?" Maya called out to me.

"Yes what can I do for you?!" I replied.

What the heck was that???

"Eh? Why are you suddenly treating me like a customer?" She asked.

"S-Sorry! I just blurted that out by accident!! What's up?" I said.

"I was wondering... Why do you have a drum set in your room?" She asked.

Of course she'd ask that...

But thank you, Maya-san. I can finally calm down.

"That was my dad's old set. Unbelievable right? It looks like it's it tip top shape even if it's already a few years old. Well, I guess the snare drum head looks pretty much beaten up..." I said.

"It looks really beautiful though!!" She said.

Those sparkle in her eyes...

"Hey Maya-san..." I called her.

"What is it Anon-kun?" She asked.

"You really like instruments and equipment don't you?" I asked her.

"Eheheh... I kinda do...." She said softly.

It seems like she's a bit shy about this kind of thing.

"Is it weird after all? I can sometimes lose focus on the things around me whenever I'd get attached to something that interests me..." She added.

"It's not weird at all Maya-san." I stated.

"I see... Even so! I still get distracted most of the time! So please excuse me if I ever mess up because of it!" She said and takes my hand.

"You don't have to worry about that Maya-san!" I said.

This is awkward... She's still holding my hand... Please get a clue!

"You know... It's weird..." Maya said.

"Hmmm?" I exclaimed.

She looks at my hand that she's holding with both of hers.