The Legendary Twins

By SandiC80

Twins Eden and Jake never knew their parents. So they have always been close. When the Alpha of the Blood Moo... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 37
Chapter 35
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 36
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Authors Note

Chapter 20

52 8 1
By SandiC80

I can't keep the relief from within me when I see Jake running towards us.
The look on his wolf's face is nothing but pure hatred for the rogue wolf that now stands in front of me.

The last droplet of my blood on his lips as he twists his face into an evil smirk.

It looks like he's waiting on my next move, completely unaware of my brother's approach behind him.

This time it's my turn to smirk, and I see the quick look of confusion cross his scarred face before he masks it with a scowl.

Jake takes no time in reaching us as he jumps in front to protect me and starts growling loudly at the rogue.
His wolf which Jake had told me tonight is called Luca, stands at his tallest height, staring down at the rogue who I can now see is alot smaller in size.

As I watch in fascination I can see Jake's wolf lower his head. It's the slightest movement but I notice it.
His legs part slightly, giving his stance extra support and balance for battle.

Jake is no longer my brother.

He is my protecter.

But as I go to stand by his side it's his eyes that I notice the most.

They are a deep purple as he glares at the rogue.
But thinking back to when we both first shifted earlier today, his eyes were more of a bright lavender colour.

Oh, that's weird.

He glances my way quickly and the purple becomes a brighter shade again.
That is until his eyes land on the blood on my injured shoulder.

A second later Jake shifts his hard gaze back to the rogue and a menacing growl leaves his lips.

I watch as his eyes start to darken again.

Then I get it.

His eye colour is changing due to his emotions.

The darker his eyes. The angrier he is.

Woah, I'm excited to think that mine can do the same trick.

Jake's eyes are now focused once again on the rogue and as he does I stare at him as his eye colour takes on a much darker purple.

Oh my goddess, my twin is very angry.

Glancing over at the rogue that still hasn't made any attempt to move, leaves an uneasy feeling crawling up my spine.

It doesn't take me long to realise why, when I see new sets of red eyes in the darkness. And the rogue that was standing in front of us takes off towards them.

It occurs to me this was what he was waiting for.

Backup.

I can see probably around eight pairs of red eyes in the distance but that's not what worries me.
It's the fact that they're not attacking us.

My stomach drops with each second that passes and the rogues don't move an inch.

Something isn't right and I'm not liking this at all.

'Get out of here Eden.' Jake shouts through our mindlink making me jump.

'No way Jake. We fight together or neither of us do.'

'GO!' He shouts at me again but louder this time.
But I refuse to leave him here to fight alone.

I might be injured but I know Mara isn't a weak wolf and she can still fight if needed.

'No, I won't leave you.'

I can see the struggle he's going through until he answers with a defeated sigh.

'Fine..but we need to go now.'

Fine by me.

I turn and nudge Ana, who has been super quiet the whole time.
But did successfully kill the rogue she was fighting.

I don't know if it's because Ana has become my friend recently or because I have become Luna of this pack, but a strong feeling of pride washes over me for her in that moment.

Jake's wolf Luca turns too but stops suddenly.
I turn my head quickly to see him looking at Gerty, who's lifeless body still lays cold on the ground.

A pang of sadness flows through me and I make a mental note that I have to tell Jake about the new information that she was our Grandmother.

Jake's wolf's face spins my way, like he can feel my sadness.
Luca comes to stand next to me, leaning slightly on Mara and licks her face giving us the support we so needed at that moment.

'Come on, we need to go.' Jake whispers gently through our link. 'We have no idea how long or why they're not attacking us right now.'

As I look up at my brother I nod my head telling him I understand.

I look at Ana again 'Stick close to us, okay?'

'Okay Luna.' Hearing Ana's delicate voice in my head.

One last look at the woods and seeing the rogues are still waiting in the darkness is the only reason I need to get out of here.

All three of us turn on our paws and run in the opposite direction.

'Heighten your senses both of you. We don't need anymore surprises tonight.' Jake murmurs through our minds. 'We need to find a safe place.'

Both Ana and I both nod as we keep running.

I have no idea where to go until I remember my secret place deep within the woods.

Well maybe not so secret as Ana found it, but I'm sure no rogue would find it amongst all the trees.

'Jake I know where to go. Follow me.'

We run even faster and they both keep up really well with Mara.

Luca stays slightly behind following like I told him, even though I know that it's to keep a watch out behind us just in case we're attacked again.

Ana's wolf is a bit slower, though not by much.
She easily jumps over the fallen trees and I'm amazed at how she does it so effortlessly.

Suddenly I hear loud growling noises coming from the right of us.
My senses pick up a notch as I hear paws pounding the hard ground.

Another growl floats through the air.

This one is more powerful and alot closer.

For one second I think it's Nic.

But how wrong could I be.

A gigantic wolf tumbles out of the woods.
He doesn't just sound powerful but he also looks it.

The wolf lands in front of us with an incredibly loud thud.
His paws spread out on the ground and I would say they are as big as a dinner plate.

Okay, maybe not quite that big, but big enough to kill us easily.

His fur looks like the colour of coal but it isn't until he moves in the moonlight that I can see that it is actually a really dark colour of brown.

I am rooted to the spot and as I look around so are Jake and Ana.

It takes a couple more seconds to see the bewildered look in Jake's eyes turn to that of anger.

The bright lavender rapidly changes to deep purple as he takes a step forward so he is slightly in front of both me and Ana.

I know he's trying to protect us but I am seriously worried that even if all three of us attacked this rogue he would still win without much effort put into it.

Anyway we have to try.

I slowly move to the right of Jake and Ana moves to the left.
We have a defence line in place now and we all know that this is going to be a fight to the death.

But who's death?

Hopefully not ours.

Then out of the blue a strange voice comes through my mind.

I've not heard this voice before and I know without a doubt that it's definitely not one of our pack members.

I look dumbfounded at the gigantic wolf in front of us as his eyes scan over Jake and myself and my blood runs cold.

'Run!'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

632K 22.3K 40
Emma was raised to be the perfect luna. She's caring and sweet, feisty and protective. Her pack loves her and she them. Everything changes on her se...
1.3M 30.2K 32
(Unedited) Rejection hurts. It can break many people apart. Slowly crushing their souls and silencing their wolfs forever. Unfortunately, that happe...
15K 745 56
The moon pack lost their Luna eleven years ago and the loss of her still impacts them all. Especially her three children and her mate. As her childr...
818 18 4
Giorgio Vincenzo Lazzaro He's the Alpha of Luna d'argento pack. He's 24 and he's completely given up on the ideas of mates because an Alpha usually m...