OBLIVIOUS (Taekook)

By DalTaeyang0130

Where Taehyung has no idea who BTS is (among other things) and meets Jeon Jungkook, the golden maknae of the... More

Introduction
Vacation Plans
First Encounter
Thump Thump ❤️
Jealous Kook
Mental Struggle
Growing Up
The TaeKook Effect
Hidden Emotions
Sweet Moments
Reality Strikes
Love Wins
Past is Past
Stepping Out of the Box
Red Light
The Many Possibilities
Surprise, surprise!
Closing Chapters
EPILOGUE
80k+Reads and New Book!!!

Comfort Zones

7.3K 372 11
By DalTaeyang0130

The Kim's guest house was filled with laughter. The BTS boys, Taehyung, his mom, Min-ho, Yuna and Hyung-sik were all having dinner. They were praising Hee-ae for the delicious food she brought. It was a combination of seafood, meat, salad and veggies.

Jungkook noticed that Taehyung was just eating salad, so he picked up the plate of shrimps near him and offered Taehyung.

"He's allergic to that." Hyun-sik said.

Jungkook was embarrassed and Taehyung noticed it.

"It's okay Kookie, you didn't know." Taehyung kissed his cheek and Jungkook blushed.

"Awwwww, our Kook is blushing." Jimin teased.

"Jiminnie, stop teasing." Yoongi said.

"I can't help it. He's too adorable. I've never seen him blush before. He calls it the Taehyung Effect."

"That's funny. Taehyung has his moments too. and he calls it the Jungkoook Effect." Min-ho said, laughing.

"Stoooop." Taehyung said, now being the flustered one.

"So, Jungkook, is my son being good to you?" Hee-ae said.

"Eomma! Shouldn't you ask me first if he's beeing good to me?" Taehyung glared at his mother.

"Oh, shush! You can be a handful sometimes." Hee-ae said.

"I have to agree with that." Min-ho said.

"Me too." Yuna said.

"Why are you attacking me?" Taehyung said, pouting.

Jungkook cones to the rescue. "He's the best boyfriend ever."

"See?" Taehyung feeling smug after what Jungkook said.

Hyun-sik was starting to feel uncomfortable.

"Excuse me guys, sorry I just remembered that I have to be somewhere else. Hee-ae thanks so much for inviting me to dinner."

"It's my pleasure Hyun-sik and welcome back. I'm really happy you decided to come home."

"I thought I would be too." Hyun-sik said. He bowed to everyone before walking out.

The table was silent. Everybody felt the tension that Hyun-sik's statement caused. Jungkook held Taehyung's hand and pressed it tightly.

"Let me just talk to him."  Taehyung said.

Jungkook nodded.

Taehyung got up and followed Hyun-sik. He caught up with him just before he was about to enter his car.

"Hyun-sik, wait."

"What is it, Tae?" Hyun-sik sounded annoyed.

"Please don't be like this."

"What do you expect, Taehyung? I promise I'd come back. I thought you'd wait for me."

Taehyung got irritated by what he said.

"I can't believe I'm hearing this. You left Hyun-sik. Yes, you promised, but you never even called. Not once...for five years."

"I never called because I was afraid that the minute I hear your voice I'd come flying back. I never forgot about you, Taehyung. I was never with someone the entire time."

"And how was I supposed to know that, huh?"

"Well, I'm telling you now."

"And I have Jungkook now."

"He's not right for you, Taehyung."

"Oh really? And, you are?"

"Yes, because he doesn't know you as much as I do."

"You might know more about me and have known me longer than Jungkook, but that doesn't matter. He makes me feel special more than you ever did. He makes his presence felt. He makes me see how I could be more. He brings out the best of me. That's what matters. And, I love him for it."

With that, Taehyung left and walked back to the house. Hyun-sik jumped in his car and drove off. As Taehyung was nearing the house, he saw Jungkook standing outside.

"You heard everything?" Taehyung asked.

Jungkook nodded.

Taehyung walked to Jungkook and placed his arms around him.

"Thanks for coming into my life, Kookie."

"Thank you for letting me in."

At that moment, both of them realized how much they love each other.

***

More than a week has passed and it was the day before the festival. BTS and Taehyung have been practicing the entire time. Taehyung had no problems learning the songs and all the choreography. Everything worked smoothly.

They're now at the dance studio for final rehearsals. They got interrupted by a phone ringing. It was RM's.

R: Hello Sejin-sshi?

S: RM, we have a situation. The information about you performing at the festival leaked. All the hotels are fully booked ny tourists, so we're expecting a big crowd plus media tomorrow.

R: Ok, but what about Taehyung? He's performing with us.

S: It's all right Namjoon. We won't be releasing any official statement about this. So, it remains unofficial.  I just hope that Taehyung will be all right about it. He's not very fond of big crowds. And his privacy would probably be affected after he performs with you guys.

RM: I'll talk to him. Thank you, Sejin-sshi.

"What is it, Joonie?" Jin asked.

"News about our performance tomorrow leaked. That means there will be a huge crowd, Taehyung." RM said.

Taehyung gulped and started fidgeting.

"I can't do it. I might make mistakes. I'll just embarrass you guys." Taehyung said.

"Of course you won't Taehyung, we make mistakes too even during our concerts." Jimin said.

"There's one thing that Taehyung should also consider. There will be media present, so that means everyone, and I mean everyone, will know about you. Taehyung, your private life might be affected. I'm sure you'd be the talk of the town." RM explained.

"But, people will love you, Taehyung. I won't even be surprised if you'd have a fanbase after." Jimin chuckled.

Jungkook held Taehyung's hands.

"It will be all right, Tae. We will be behind you every step of the way. But, it's up to you. We will respect your decision."

"I'll think about it." Taehyung said.

"Okay. In the meantime, let's just proceed as planned, yeah? You can tell us what your decision is tomorrow." Yoongi said.

Taehyung nodded.

***

That afternoon, Taehyung and Jungkook were in Taehyung's room resting. Jungkook was sound asleep Taehyung was browsing the net through his phone.

He was reading about BTS. While searching, he chanced upon a documentary on how the group started. He watched it. He was at awe about the journey that they went through. It was heartwarming and inspiring. He realized why Army loves BTS so much. They give hope and they inspire people to love themselves. Their passion and music says it all.

Jungkook woke up and sees Taehyung on his phone.

"Hey,what are you doing? Why aren't you sleeping?"

"I wasn't sleepy. I'm just reading. You go ahead and sleep some more."

"What's bothering you, Tae?"

"It's nothing."

"Is it about the performance tomorrow? Because if that's it, we don't wanna pressure you. If you don't want to perform that's fine."

"Are you kidding me? This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Being a part of BTS for just one day, it'll be an honor."

Jungkook sat up and looked at Taehyung, surprised but happy with his decision.

"What made you decide?"

"All six of you. What you do. What you stand for. What you believe in. How you inspire people. I'd do everything just to be part of that. So proud of you, Kookie. Or shall I say, Jeon Jungkook?"

Jungkook felt like his chest is going to explode. He is touched by Taehyung's effort to get to know more about them...about him. Hearing Taehyung acknowledge what the group does; finally knowing and accepting who he is as BTS made him feel so happy.

Jungkook moved closer to Taehyung and kissed him ever so passionately.

***

While Taehyung already decided that he will be performing with BTS, he was still a nervous wreck.  In moments like this, Taehyung would go to his art studio to paint. It helps him relax and puts his mind off whatever it is that's bothering him. So, that's exactly what he does.

That evening, while Jungkook was working out, Taehyung decides to do some painting.  It's been a while since he last painted and he kinda missed it too.  He prepares all his materials and placed a blank canvas on the easel.  As a mood-setter he plays his newly created BTS playlist and connected it to his Bluetooth speakers.  And then, he starts painting.

He was so much into his element that he finished two artworks and didn't realize that he has been painting for six hours.  He stood up and stretched his limbs. He then picks up his phone and found 13 missed calls and several messages from Jungkook.

Shit. I forgot to tell him.

Kookie 💜
Tae, done working out. Where are you?

Hey, it's dinner time.

Did you go somewhere?

Tae?

Taehyung??

Kim Taehyung??

I just called Min-ho and he doesn't know where you are. Where are you, Tae?!

I'm getting worried here.

Did I do something wrong?

Taehyung didn't finish reading the messages anymore because there were a LOT! So, he decides to call Jungkook.

J:  Where the hell are you?!
T: Hey, calm down. I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. I'm at my art studio. I lost track of time.
J: You lost track of time?! Tae, it's been six hours we had no idea where you were. Do you know how worried I was?! And all this time you were just here at the house?!
T: I know. I know that's why I'm saying sorry (he hears a deep sigh from the other line).  Please don't be mad.  I needed to calm my nerves a bit, so I decided to paint. But, I didn't realize that I was going to be into it so much.
J: Wait for me there.

Taehyung was nervous. Jungkook sounded so pissed. While waiting for him, Taehyung started to put away his paint brushes.  He stared at his new artworks and smiled.

Maybe he would forget how mad he is when he sees these?

A few minutes later the door opens.  Jungkook was glaring at Teahyung. His hair was messy and he looks so agitated.

Taehyung pouted. "I'm sorry, Kookie." And then he looked down. He was playing with his fingers. He looked like a child waiting to get scolded for some thing that he did.

"It's past midnight, Taehyung." Jungkook softly said.

"Why aren't you calling me, Tae?"

"Oh, don't try to get cute on me. It's not working."

"I'm not trying to be cute. But, am I right now?" Taehyung said, still pouting.

Jungkook sighed.

"What am I gonna do with you?"

"Forgive me?"

Jungkook walked towards Taehyung and then cups his cheeks.

"You've been a bad boy." Jungkook said.

"No. Taetae good boy. Look at what I did."  Taehyung pointed at two canvases displayed on two separate easels.

(Credits to the image owners. Images were converted  to artworks using instapainting.com filter)

Jungkook's jaw dropped. He walked closer to the paintings and was getting teary-eyed.

"Tae, they're beautiful." Jungkook was still staring at the paintings. His back still facing Taehyung,

"Do you like them?"

"I love them." Jungkook turned around as tears start to fall on his cheeks.

Taehyung was shocked. He ran to Jungkook and wiped his tears with his thumbs.

"Hey, Kookie. Why are you crying?"

"They're so amazing, Tae. Just like the painter. Goodness, Taehyung, you're so talented. Do you even realize that?"

"You're just saying that because you're my boyfriend."

"I beg to disagree. As your boyfriend, I'd be the first to tell you if there's anything unpleasant about you or what you do.  And I expect you to do the same for me. 

I'm being very honest and objective right now. These paintings, your photography, the way you sing and dance, they're extremely impressive, Tae. You have a gift of connecting to people, of touching hearts through the things that you can do.  You're not doing yourself justice if you don't share your gifts to others. You can have a chance to express yourself and be an inspiration. Make others see the beauty that you see. Or, make them feel the emotions that you capture.  You have so much potential in you, Tae.  Don't let yourself down."

"But, what if I fail and just make a fool of myself?"

"What if you don't?  What if instead of things going worse, you become better?"

Taehyung was so moved by Jungkook's words.  He's never looked at this perspective before.  All his life, he was just content that he's able to do the things that he could.  He was going through the motions of adult life, living safely in his comfort zone.  He was being complacent, which is what his dad has been trying to tell him.

"You will be with me when I try, right Kook?"

"Of course, Tae. I'll be behind you 100%. It would be my pleasure to see you shine more. I won't miss that for the world."

Taehyung wrapped his arms around Jungkook's neck and kissed him. Jungkook pulled him closer. When they both pulled away from the kiss, they remained locked in each other's embrace. Capping that night off perfectly as the song Epiphany was playing in the background. It was a perfect moment that Taehyung will forever be grateful for.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

426K 29K 43
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
381K 18.3K 80
Kang y/n was always been the black sheep of the family. Overshadow by her extremely talented, gorgeous sister Roseanne . Who has the world revolve a...
936K 57.4K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
174K 7.9K 29
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...