MOONDUST

By JaneNola

COMPLETED - It's puck at first sight for Jules Martin, when his gaze falls on Luna Larsson at his first Colle... More

๐ŸŒ™ MOONDUST๐ŸŒ™
1 ๐ŸŒ™ Salted caramel and chocolate
2 ๐ŸŒ™ Make a scene!
3 ๐ŸŒ™ Carry me!
4 ๐ŸŒ™ Yes or no?
5 ๐ŸŒ™ Oh, fuck off!
6 ๐ŸŒ™ Nothing but the jersey
7 ๐ŸŒ™ Look. At. Me.
8 ๐ŸŒ™ Bad taste of hookups
9 ๐ŸŒ™ Bro-code
10 ๐ŸŒ™ Skate it off
11 ๐ŸŒ™ Not my boyfriend
12 ๐ŸŒ™ Who is she?
13 ๐ŸŒ™ First Letter
14 ๐ŸŒ™ If you keep doing this
15 ๐ŸŒ™ Favorite distraction
16 ๐ŸŒ™ You're hurting me!
17 ๐ŸŒ™ I can't help it.
18 ๐ŸŒ™ It's his mistake
19 ๐ŸŒ™ I want answers
20 ๐ŸŒ™ Don't apologize
21 ๐ŸŒ™ I'll be civil
22 ๐ŸŒ™ Before...
23 ๐ŸŒ™ A little something
24 ๐ŸŒ™ Happy now
25 ๐ŸŒ™ It's the _ for me
26 ๐ŸŒ™ Walmart version
27 ๐ŸŒ™ Who's a flirt now
28๐ŸŒ™ Make me blush
29๐ŸŒ™ Certainly not space
30๐ŸŒ™ You want some?
31๐ŸŒ™ Such a daddy
32๐ŸŒ™ Shithead personality
33 ๐ŸŒ™ Stop, I love it
34 ๐ŸŒ™ Special, n-not weird
35 ๐ŸŒ™ Must be simping
36 ๐ŸŒ™ Want her back
37 ๐ŸŒ™ A piece of tape
38 ๐ŸŒ™ Three musketeers
39 ๐ŸŒ™ You just k-kissed...
40 ๐ŸŒ™ How mad are you?
41๐ŸŒ™ Lu, You're...
42 ๐ŸŒ™ Fucking irreplaceable
43 ๐ŸŒ™ Hard to trust
44 ๐ŸŒ™ You're Cruel
45 ๐ŸŒ™ Kiss me or what?
46 ๐ŸŒ™ The girl I love
47 ๐ŸŒ™ I believe you
48 ๐ŸŒ™ Just passionate
49 ๐ŸŒ™ So kissable
50 ๐ŸŒ™ Crazy wild
51 ๐ŸŒ™ If we're lucky
52 ๐ŸŒ™ So much worse
53 ๐ŸŒ™ You're my anchor
54 ๐ŸŒ™ Trop m-m-mignonne
55 ๐ŸŒ™ Fine ignore me
57 ๐ŸŒ™ Stupid Scorpios
58 ๐ŸŒ™ Moondust
59 ๐ŸŒ™ I'm suffering
60 ๐ŸŒ™ Pretending
61 ๐ŸŒ™ Dreams do come true
62 ๐ŸŒ™ For Luna
63 ๐ŸŒ™ The girl behind the glass
64 ๐ŸŒ™ Lucky guess
65 ๐ŸŒ™ We fell in love

56 ๐ŸŒ™ Shame on you

8.3K 327 288
By JaneNola

Jules Martin

"I guess a warm welcome is too much to ask for?" My head shot out into Gabriel's direction, Evelyn grabbing his hand to make a point to still rub it in my face after all this time. You have got to be kidding me? This isn't happening. Why?

"You invited them?" I shook my head at mom and dad, both of them trying to say something, both of them too quiet to my liking. "Seriously?" I was furious now, grabbing Luna's hand so tightly it must have hurt her. Not matter how much I squeezed it she squeezed mine back with all her strength, wanting me to know she was there. She is here for god sake! Luna is here and they do this? "Why would you do that?" I clenched my jaw to hold back the raised tone of voice that was yelling inside my head. I took a deep breath, and the anger subsided, but now all I felt was betrayed, and disappointed that they decided to do this the one time I come home, and with a plus one that I desperately wanted them to meet. "Luna bought me a ticket home for my birthday." I looked at her, feeling incredibly guilty they ruined her present like that. "I brought her because I wanted you to get to know her. Without the problematic family drama." I shook my head, looking at Luna next to me, swallowing the embarrassment. She squeezed my hand the moment her eyes felt the hurt in mine, and a soft smile painted her lips. I can't believe I dragged you into this mess. I'm sorry Lu.

"Jules," Mom pleaded and the sorry look on her face was just making me feel angry and misunderstood. "I just thought." She said, but corrected herself. "Your dad and I thought that since we were doing a thanksgiving do-over it was maybe a good time to get the family together." I just shook my head at her, shewing on the inside of my cheek.

"The family was together." I put my fist on the table, feeling the urge to slam it into the hard surface and making the dishware clatter. God dammit.

"The whole family." Mom countered, her tone serious now as she nodded at Gabriel and his girlfriend, to take a seat. I don't see any plates, so I don't see a reason for them to stay. "It has been a year." She pitied me, I could see it in her eyes. She pitied me for holding a grudge. She pitied me for being the stupid brother who let his girlfriend sneak into the other room. She pitied me for breaking up our family and keeping it broken. She thought this mess was my fault for god sakes. I shook my head in disbelief, letting go of Luna's hand. At first she didn't let me, tugging my hand back as soon as she saw me get up, but the anger clouded my brain and I just needed to leave, even though the hurt on Luna's face tore my heart to shreds.

"Seriously. I can't believe you would do this!" I bit, shoving my chair back with a scoff.

Mom yelled at me, frowning heavily. "Jules sit down!" For a second I just stood there, panting almost as I needed to punch something, no someone, before sitting back down, anger coursing through me. I grabbed onto the edge of my chair hard, until my knuckles were white. All I wanted was for Luna to meet my parents, so they could love her as much as I do. I wanted her to have a true thanksgiving, turkey and all, so she could pretend it was chicken and not the other way around. I didn't want this! Any of this. Not a year ago, not now, not ever.

"F-f-fine," I rolled my eyes, while my blazing gaze fell on Gabriel, looking him straight in the eye as I stuttered again. It didn't even faze him. He didn't care. He probably took pleasure in knowing I was still struggling. The one time I saw him after the accident we got into a heated argument about that stupid girl sitting next to him now, and more so about how I lost my brother because of her. You would have lost her anyway if she had to put up with your stutter right now. His words not mine, and I didn't know how much he actually meant them or of it was the anger talking. All I know it's that it carved into me deep. I promised myself to keep quiet around people. I decided to let shame cloud my person, instead of working around it, because I'm fine even with the stutter. It took me one person to undo the damage my brother did, and now he might do damage to her to, and I won't let him. "It's c-c-clear who's side you're on maman."

"Stop it!" She raised her voice in distress, looking at the anger flaming in my eyes, like daggers shooting across the table while I looked at my brother. "I have three children! And whatever happened," She took a deep breath and closed her eyes. "I still think is... I still don't have words for it," she looked as frustrated as I felt. "But I can't stand this! I won't watch my family fall apart, over some stupid girl!" She shot the same daggers at Evelyn, and I followed mom's gaze. It's the first time since she entered I really tried to look at her. Not in the eye though, she doesn't deserve that. Evelyn didn't even look offended, the smug look on her face still showing her ugly nature. I felt my clenched fists itch as soon as her gaze fell on Luna, giving her a menacing once over. Oh hell, no. I'm lucky mom finished her speech and it pulled my attention away from her. "You have one life, one family. And I won't pick sides between my kids." Tears burned behind her eyes, as she fell back into her chair, my dad grabbing her hand for comfort, yet he never spoke about the matter. Not to me, not to anyone.

"Mom, no offence...." Céline started, crossing her arms over her chest, the look on her face beyond pissed. I knew my sister, after all she was the one who was there that night, the one who comforted me on my lowest, the one who threw a Jimmy Choo at Evelyn as soon as she ran out of his room. Céce was definitely on my side. "You did pick a side the second you told them to sit at this table. For god sakes mom, your favoritism is so damn clear, I'm surprised Gabriel hasn't burst out laughing behind Jules's back. It's really not cool." She huffed annoyed, while mom looked at her in awe.

"Céline, this isn't your B-,"

"Business?" Céline bopped her head at mom. "Merde, it is."

"Céline!" Dad tried to correct her French in a soft tone. It was maybe the one word he knew because he uses it all the time when he swears.

She wasn't done talking as a rant laid on the tip of her tongue. "It is my business!" She started. "I'm part of this family too! So I get to say my part too!" She looked at mom, narrowing her eyes. "You shouldn't have invited him, and especially not her!" She cocked a brow at Evelyn, who was calmly sipping her wine she poured herself into an empty glass, enjoying the drama as if she needed it to exist. Probably. "If anything she shouldn't have stepped a single foot in here since that night!"

"She's my girlfriend." Gabriel shamelessly raised his voice, squeezing his eyes at Céline. And you don't see why that's wrong? You must really have lost you mind when you fucked her.

"And she shouldn't be!" Céline spoke before I could. "Go then! Go! If she's more important to you than us!" Céce barked at him and he didn't look comfortable with her assumptions. "Wait, you made that decision a year ago bro! When you screwed our brother's girlfriend! It's so disgusting I can't even look at you anymore!" She scoffed loudly, slamming her hand flat on the table and mom tried to interrupt but she didn't let her. "You're not my brother anymore Gabriel! So I wouldn't miss you if you would just get up and go! And take you're little whore with you!" Even I wouldn't have worded it like that. Shit Céline.

The expected slap on the wrist was more like a loud fist on the table and mom sobbing her eyes out. "J'en ai marre!" She yelled dramatically.

"Yeah boo hoo. I'm sick of it too maman!" Céline added before her face went cold, her eyes filled with fire and her words lingering on the table.

"Céce, that's enough." Dad pleaded, keeping his calm as always. He never raised his voice, he never got angry. He kept all of that for his players on the ice.

"Please, can't we just be a family again?" Mom looked at me and them at Gabriel sitting in front of me, and then to Céline who still looked like a volcano about to erupt some more. "Just for one night! One night is all I'm asking." She shook her head, while tears spilled down her cheeks.

"Mom," I shook, not sure if one night was something I could do... There was just too much hurt, too much words said and may to many deeds done.

"Please." This was all too much and I felt Luna next to me fade away. I didn't know what she wanted me to do... Get up and drag her out of here to explore the city in peace, and tell her I'm sorry for the mess I pulled her into. Or stick it out with my head held high, if only just for one night. I was tempted to ask her as I looked at the wary look in her eyes and her hand grabbed mine under the table, her skin hot and soft and more than soothing. Okay, I was willing to say, but once again I couldn't speak.

"I don't have a problem with it." Gabriel cockily shrugged, a smirk behind his eyes. Don't make me wipe the stupid grin off your face, because I will.

"Me neither." Evelyn added, but she was ignored for thinking anyone asked for her opinion. Only Céline couldn't hold back, scoffing loudly.

"Of course you don't." I addressed my brother.

"Jules," He rolled his eyes as if I was overreacting. As if what he did wasn't ruining our lifelong friendship, our trust, over her.

"You can sit in front of me at this fucking table, but that doesn't mean I have to talk to you." I scoffed. "Or you." My menacing gaze darted to Evelyn. I could never look at her the same way I once did. I could never think the same things about her I once did. I could never feel the same way about her. And to be honest that wasn't a whole lot, just a mere fraction of what I felt for Luna. And if that fraction hurt that much, losing Luna would surely be the dead of me. My heart clenched as I looked at Luna next to me, her gaze meeting mine halfway and I shook my head. I had to. I had to lean in and press my lips into her temple, as some dumb apology. "I'm so sorry for this mess." I whispered at her, trying to fight the chunk of emotions in my throat.

"Who is she though?" I caught Gabriel cocking a brow at Luna, and the look in his eyes was far too amused.

"Gabriel, Evelyn, this is Luna. Jules's new girlfriend." My dad said calmly, perhaps trying to deflect. I hated the word new too. As like getting a new car, just because the old one didn't work anymore. Luna was my girlfriend, not new, not old, she was mine because I had never met anyone like her, someone who excited me the way she did, someone kind and caring like her, yet not letting anyone walk over her. I adored her. She isn't a replacement, she is it.

"Girlfriend?" The amused look in Gabriel's eyes only intensified. If you as much as touch her, say something wrong to her, make her feel uncomfortable, I will hurt you.

Céline scoffed again at our brother's tone. "Maybe don't try to screw this one!" She bit bitterly. "I like her too much." She looked at Luna an smiled. "I never liked you." She turned to Evelyn, who's jaw dropped slightly.

"You might want to stop before you make mom cry Cé." Gabriel taunted her, his tone smug and cocky, like the favorite child.

"As if you care, you're the reason she cries every time. Jules never comes when you're around, which is way more than you deserve to be here. He's never around because of you!"

"She's not wrong." I gritted trough my teeth, a low scoff making its way to Gabriel. "I wouldn't h-h-have come if I had known t-t-they were going to be here." I looked at my parents, and nearly wanted to choke myself for choking on the first letters like I always do. Dammit! For fucks sake. No!

Gabriel laughed, his eyes watching the frustration on my face tide in. "Still stuttering I hear? How's speech therapy going for you?" The fucking nerve!

"Gabe!" Dad yelled at him. "Make a comment like that one more time and I'll ask you to leave."

"Oh, okay." He held his hand up in defense. "I guess dad has made his choice. You've always been his favorite, haven't you? The hockey boy." Now he's just going too far, because it was simply not true. Dad always treated us the same way. He always made sure that for every hour he would spend time with me on the ice, he would play football with Gabriel, even if dad sucked at it. He just wanted to divide his time over us equally, not matter how, but he always did.

"Not my problem you don't know how to skate." It slipped in the anger that rushed to my tongue.

"Or have any other talents." Céline snarled. "Cough Cough apart from screwing. And deceiving." She raised her eyebrows in disgust.

"Céline. Enough." Mom yelled, the disappointment on her face as visible as the tears staining her undereye black. "Merde! This was a mistake! A damn mistake! I thought the two of you could finally make amends, if only for one night. I'm sick of this!" She shoved her chair back hard and stood up, nervously patting her hands along her dress. "It's breaking my heart!" She sobbed loudly, and a terrifying silence fell over the living room as mom walked away and disappeared into the kitchen. Shit.

Suddenly the sound of another chair scraping over the floor gave me chills. My eyes shot to dad who was getting up, looking as if he was about to explode. He did. "Fucking idiots. Your mother can't deal with this anymore. More than one year. One whole fucking year, this shit has been going on. I have never seen her more upset over anything than over this mess! Shame on you!" He looked at the both of us. "Fight outside if you want! Don't talk to each other. If you're too hurt to forgive him." He looked at me before directing himself to my brother. "And you really want to continue to ruin the bond with your brother over some girl. Fine." He threw his hand up. "But you can't even pretend to stand each other's presence, just to make your maman a little bit happy? After everything she did for you? Then you're both equally two ungrateful shits." He barked and I swallowed away the unexpected guilt that made it hard to breathe.

"Shit." Céline tried to hold back a laugh. "Dad went off!" She awkwardly giggled once he disappeared into the kitchen, trailing after mom.

"It's not funny Céline." I shook my head, dad's words sinking in more than I wanted to.

"Can I say something?" Luna spoke carefully, looking up at me while squeezing my hand. Of course you can baby.

"It speaks." Evelyn snorted, into her glass of wine and I instantly felt a rush of anger at my fingertips. "I thought she was a mute too." She laughed more, and I prayed she would choke on her sip of wine.

"What did you say?" I growled, my eyes darker than a storm.

"Oh Evelyn, you're such a goddamn bitch." Céce added, throwing her hands up in anger.

"It's okay Céline." Luna smiled at my sister. "I guess she never learned how to be a decent person." She now cocked a brow at the girl that tried to insult her. Yeah, tried.

"And you think you have a right to speak after what...?" Evelyn titled her head, a vicious smile on her face. "How long have you guys been dating? Two weeks." She assumed while swirling her glass of wine, my brother awfully silent next to her, his face as blank as the braincells in Evelyn's head.

"Longer." Luna sounded agitated and I grabbed her hand before taking it into my lap, wanting, needing to touch her so she would feel I was here this time.

"I love her more than I ever loved you." I snapped at the brunette with the dark eyes and backward morals.

"Stop. This isn't a competition.." Luna pulled her hand back from mine, looking pissed. "Your mom is upset. Really upset. And the two of you don't care?" She shrugged, her blue eyes a clouded sky as she looked at the both of us, biting down on her words.

"It's not my fault... Jules is the one avoiding me." Gabriel shook his head, rolled his eyes and scoffed too.

"Can you blame me!" I derailed. I wasn't going to take the complete blame for mom storming off. That wasn't on me, not entirety at least. "You fucking s-s-slept with my girlfriend... Ex-girlfriend." I gritted, raising my voice while I felt my fingernails dig into my palms. "I would have n-n-never screwed her, if I had known she would screw me over like that! I wish I had realized who she really was before I lost my brother to it!" The chunk of hurt in my throat came out louder than I thought, more threatening, but more emotional too.

"How I really am?" Evelyn scoffed. "I can tell you how he is?" She nodded towards my bother.

"Evelyn don't." Gabriel pressed, not even looking at her. Coward.

"He's everything you're not."

"Then that's not a whole lot sweetheart." Luna, scowled out of the blue, laughing too at Evelyn's words.

"Go off Luna." Oh my god Céline don't make this worse. I hate that she feels like she needs to defend me, her. For who? Them? They're not worth it.

Luna sighed deeply. "I don't want to go off. I feel sad for your mom." Luna. I could almost feel what she was going to say next, so I grabbed her hand and she let me intertwine my fingers with hers. "I lost mine and I'd give anything to sit with her at a dining table celebrating thanksgiving, because I have so much to thank her for!" Lu, baby. I tightened my grip around her hand, caressing my thumb along her skin at an attempt to sooth the hurt. "But I'll never be able to tell her. You still can!" Tears were pulling at the corners of her eyes, and she tried to hold them back, a fierceness washing over her as she turned to me. "And Jules, you don't have to fucking like him. Or her. Nobody expects you to, not even your parents." I swallowed, every word getting shoved down my throat as she called me out. She was right. She was so, so right. "And you." She pointed at my brother. "Shame on you. You don't deserve a single ounce of his forgiveness. You made a mistake a year ago. You made a mistake today bringing her here, knowing Jules was going to be here too. What are you trying to prove? That you're better? That she choose you? Yeah, sure, she's a real gem. If anything, you did your brother a favor, and now you're stuck with her. So I fucking pity you." She looked my brother straight in the eye and I saw something in his eyes that made me proud. Fear. He feared Luna. He feared her fierceness. More so, he feared the ugly truth. "You don't have to rub his stutter in his face either," She wasn't done. "His stutter doesn't make him anything less, and I swear if you, both of you, make one more comment about his stutter, I will shove this napkin down your throat." She help up the cotton napkin, before throwing it in front of her on the table. Oh fuck.

The silence following up with Luna's blizzard of a rant was cold, all of us feeling different things and looking like it too. My sister was in awe, her jaw nearly on the floor. I was looking at Luna, trying to find ways to tell her how much more I just fell in love with her. Gabriel, was shitting his pants, taking in every word with blunt force trauma, although he was as much admiring her bravado as I was, and I hated that he felt it too. Evelyn, I just didn't care to look how she was feeling, I just hoped like a pile of shit.

"Aw, sad story about your mom sweetie. I'm almost crying." A very brave pile of shit. Evelyn spoke, directing her hurtful words to Luna and I had it with her. She could hurt me all she wanted, she could call me out all she wanted, but Luna, especially about her mom... I wanted to smack the words back down her throat.

I got up, ready do something stupid, punch the wall behind her, or push her chair back until she fell and drowned in that glass of wine she didn't even ask she could drink. "You B-." Luna yanking me down by my sleeve, putting a stop to my storming rage.

"Don't worry babe." She shook, an arrogant smirk on her glossy lips. "I established she's a bitch the second she opened her mouth." She scoffed, directing it across the table. "Just for the sake of your mom, your dad... At least play nice for tonight. The both of you." She pleaded and Gabriel nodded before I got a chance to agree.

"It sweet how she thinks she can tell us what to do. She's been in this family for five fucking seconds." I heard Céline scoff at another Evelyn comment.

"Evelyn shut up. She's right." Gabriel gritted through his teeth, glaring furiously at her. Five seconds and she has your boyfriend agreeing to anything she says. Damn. And she's mine, all mine. "I fucking hate to see mom cry more than she already has over this." He shook his head and I saw the muscles in his jaw tense. He meant it.

She snorted, emptying her glass of wine with a smirk. "What? Those crocodile tears from earlier?" What the hell.

Suddenly Gabriel lost his temper "Shut up!" He slammed his hand on top of the table, my full glass of champagne tumbling and spilling it all over the table and into Evelyn's lap. God I love karma.

"My dress!" She yelled, her gaze boring holes into the side of Gabriel's stoic expression.

"Shut up or leave Evelyn." Gabriel huffed, and I heard Céline gasp with too much amusement in her tone. I couldn't deny I felt the same way. "You know what, no. Just leave." He didn't even look at her, he just breathed through his nose as if he was trying to expel steam, or her perfume and presence.

"Fine." She slapped her hand at his shoulder when he didn't face her. "Fine!" She repeated, slapping his shoulder once more, but nothing could grab his attention and so she scoffed. "It's not like I wanted to be here!" She grabbed her purse, loath in every movement she made before swaying to the elevator. She pushed the elevator button and the second she stepped in she couldn't help but open her mouth one last time. "Luna babe, say hi to your mommy for me." She gritted and I watched the doors slide closed in complete shock. What did I ever see in her!

Luna, baby. I turned to her, terrified to see tears in her eyes, but she looked more pissed than anything. "Luna." I whispered, while she shook her head, her teeth firmly pressed together.

"I'm sorry." Both of us heard Gabriel whispered across the table. Cautious but confident. "I'm sorry for her." He shook his head.

"I'm sorry you have to deal with her." Luna shook her head and I knew she genuinely felt bad for him. I realized very very clearly, I dodged a fucking bullet of a puck and ended up with a damn gold medal instead.      

----------- 🌙 -----------

💛 Oh oh, who's our fierce Aries and Moody scorpio now! I hoped you loved the drama? And the way it ended too. 

🌙 Thoughts on what might happen next? Let me give a hint, Jules still needs to show Luna his very special talent. And perhaps you'll need to read the next one close to a blasting AC. 

⭐️ If you liked this on, you might as well hit that star below. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

148K 5K 41
"๐ˆ๐ญ'๐ฌ ๐ฃ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ˆ, ๐‚๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ซ๐ฒ." [MATURE] After finally getting rid of her toxic boyfriend, Bethany Russo is ready to take control...
38K 2K 46
18+ only "The fewer people that know the truth the better. And if this all goes smoothly, you two will be able to get divorced before the hockey sea...
1.5M 38.2K 41
FREE STORY. PAID BONUS CHAPTERS. โWhat started with a revenge sex, becomes something even more addictive than meth.โž One buried childhood memory, One...
43.7K 2.1K 33
Brie Sheridan has had her heart broken way too many times. Rhett Price is usually the culprit, but, this time, he might be the solution. ...