Don't Fade Away: A Solangelo...

By fandom-trashhhh

Nico di Angelo is finally happy. He's learning to accept himself for his sexuality and as a son of Hades. Aft... More

Chapter 1: Prologue
Chapter 2: Dreams
Chapter 3: Friends
Chapter 4: What Does it Mean?
Chapter 5: Nico's Birthday
Chapter 6: The Return of Mr. D
Chapter 7: Testing Confidence
Chapter 8: What Would You Do Without Me?
Chapter 9: Doctor's Orders
Chapter 10: In Memory Of
Chapter 11: Familiar Faces, Familiar Places
Chapter 12: Hell Hotel
Chapter 13: Rosemary
Chapter 14: Home
Chapter 15: Shared Experiences
Chapter 16: Fate
Chapter 17: A Shocking Claim
Chapter 18: Moving Cabins
Chapter 19: Valentine's Day
Chapter 20: Tattoos
Chapter 21: Texas Trip
Chapter 22: Meaningful Chats
Chapter 23: The City
Chapter 24: Back to Camp
Chapter 25: Remember
Chapter 26: Nail Polish and TV
Chapter 27: Confrontation
Chapter 28: Breaking News
Chapter 29: The Hedges
Chapter 30: Break-In
Chapter 31: It's Coming Back
Chapter 32: Resurfacing Memories
Chapter 33: A Tug in the Gut
Chapter 34: Introducing Estelle
Chapter 35: Aftermath
Chapter 36: The Escape
Chapter 37: Fairness
Chapter 38: Band-aids
Chapter 40: Stages of Grief
Chapter 41: Stay With Me
Chapter 42: Breaking the News
Chapter 43: The Oracles
Chapter 44: Jason's Funeral
Chapter 45: Fading Away
Chapter 46: Back Online
Chapter 47: Camp Jupiter
Chapter 48: May I Have This Dance?
Chapter 49: Hunter Reyna
Chapter 50: Diagnosis
Chapter 51: Voices and Glowsticks
Chapter 52: Piper's Visit
Chapter 53: Remnants of a Life
Chapter 54: PTSD
Chapter 55: America
Chapter 56: Six Months
Chapter 57: Rachel's Parting
Chapter 58: Escapees
Chapter 59: Wherever You Go, I'll Follow
Chapter 60: The First Day of Summer
Chapter 61: Epilogue
Authors Note

Chapter 39: Ringing Ears

1.2K 38 126
By fandom-trashhhh

 It was dark outside. Usually, everyone would be heading to their cabins at this time, and almost everyone was. But there was a meteor shower, and Nico and Will were watching it outside when they should have been sleeping. The harpies never bothered them.

"Make a wish." Will told him as one bolted past.

"What will you wish for now, now that you can't wish for us to date anymore?" Nico teased.

"Hey! There's nothing wrong with that! And anyways, it came true, didn't it?"

Nico squeezed Will's hand. "Yeah."

After a few minutes, another meteor trailed across the sky. Nico closed his eyes and made a wish. He wished that things could stay like this.

"You know what day it is today?" Will asked Nico.

Nico knew. Of course he knew. "It's our 5 months. How could I forget?"

Will grinned and faced Nico.

"Will?" Nico asked him.

"Yeah?"

"Do you ever think about the future?"

"All the time."

Nico felt nervous. "Well, um, am I...am I in it?"

Will smiled gently. "Nico, you are it."

Nico covered his face to hide his blush. "Well that was smooth."

After Nico regained his composure, he looked Will right in the eyes.

He was going to do it. What better time was there than this? A beautiful meteor shower, an anniversary that marked almost 6 months, the words Will had just said. He was going to do it. He was going to tell Will that he loved him.

"Um, I need to tell you something." Nico stated. He felt himself twisting his skull ring.

"What is it?"

"Well, I wanted to tell you just how much you mean to me. I've told you this before, but I really never thought I could be happy again. I really didn't. Then I started liking you. And I realized that it was possible to be happy again. You've been able to do so much for me, and I never would have thought that I would end up in such a cheesy relationship, but here I am. And I don't regret a second of it."

Nico smiled. "I've been wanting to say this for a while now. I just haven't been able to." He shut his eyes. "Will, I lo-"

The smile dropped from his face as his ears began to ring.

Nico knew that feeling. He knew it too well. It got louder, and everything else was drowned out.

Once he realized who it was, he fell to his knees. Everything felt like it was in slow motion.

He was vaguely aware of the rocks underneath him hitting his legs, but that didn't matter. Nothing mattered. Nothing but this.

"No, no, no, no, no, no." He repeated, shaking.

He felt Will's hand on his shoulder. He saw his concerned face. Nico thought that maybe he asked what was wrong.

Weakly, Nico said one word. "Jason."

That quickly, the important words that Nico was going to tell Will were long forgotten.

It looked like Nico's wish wasn't going to come true like Will's had.

-----------

Welp. We're here. Nico has felt Jason's death, and everything after this point is very angsty, and the whole story basically changes after this. It's filled with Nico's grief and it's very sad. So I'm warning you right now. Next Saturday is when I upload more. If you don't want to read some really sad shit, if you don't want to read a very vivid and depressing (at least to me) reaction, then you can stop here. I understand, I promise. I just don't want you guys getting triggered or anything. So this is a trigger warning. Mental health comes first, you guys. I hope to see you all next week, but if you decide that you can't, that's okay. Take care of yourself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 314 39
"You are the best", Will answered. "That's not possible. You are the best already." He pouted for a little time, thinking about a way to beat me in...
49.3K 831 38
*COMPLETED* Percy never expected to die the way he did. He never expected to magically come back to life. He never expected to be in an army. And he...
134K 4K 25
{COMPLETED} \ I suck at descriptions so here is a preview for you! I hope you like it! Will is a prince and Nico is the kingdom's thief. Enjoy! / WPO...
125K 2.2K 33
(A/N: I do not own any of the pictures or characters used in this fanfic.) You all know Perseus Jackson, the great hero son of Poseidon. We know his...