Don't Fade Away: A Solangelo...

By fandom-trashhhh

Nico di Angelo is finally happy. He's learning to accept himself for his sexuality and as a son of Hades. Aft... More

Chapter 1: Prologue
Chapter 2: Dreams
Chapter 3: Friends
Chapter 4: What Does it Mean?
Chapter 5: Nico's Birthday
Chapter 6: The Return of Mr. D
Chapter 7: Testing Confidence
Chapter 8: What Would You Do Without Me?
Chapter 9: Doctor's Orders
Chapter 10: In Memory Of
Chapter 11: Familiar Faces, Familiar Places
Chapter 12: Hell Hotel
Chapter 13: Rosemary
Chapter 14: Home
Chapter 15: Shared Experiences
Chapter 16: Fate
Chapter 17: A Shocking Claim
Chapter 18: Moving Cabins
Chapter 19: Valentine's Day
Chapter 20: Tattoos
Chapter 21: Texas Trip
Chapter 22: Meaningful Chats
Chapter 23: The City
Chapter 24: Back to Camp
Chapter 25: Remember
Chapter 26: Nail Polish and TV
Chapter 27: Confrontation
Chapter 28: Breaking News
Chapter 29: The Hedges
Chapter 31: It's Coming Back
Chapter 32: Resurfacing Memories
Chapter 33: A Tug in the Gut
Chapter 34: Introducing Estelle
Chapter 35: Aftermath
Chapter 36: The Escape
Chapter 37: Fairness
Chapter 38: Band-aids
Chapter 39: Ringing Ears
Chapter 40: Stages of Grief
Chapter 41: Stay With Me
Chapter 42: Breaking the News
Chapter 43: The Oracles
Chapter 44: Jason's Funeral
Chapter 45: Fading Away
Chapter 46: Back Online
Chapter 47: Camp Jupiter
Chapter 48: May I Have This Dance?
Chapter 49: Hunter Reyna
Chapter 50: Diagnosis
Chapter 51: Voices and Glowsticks
Chapter 52: Piper's Visit
Chapter 53: Remnants of a Life
Chapter 54: PTSD
Chapter 55: America
Chapter 56: Six Months
Chapter 57: Rachel's Parting
Chapter 58: Escapees
Chapter 59: Wherever You Go, I'll Follow
Chapter 60: The First Day of Summer
Chapter 61: Epilogue
Authors Note

Chapter 30: Break-In

1.1K 29 78
By fandom-trashhhh

Nico, Will, and Rachel were all sitting in front of Chiron in the Big House.

"That was very irresponsible of you, very irresponsible! What if somebody got hurt? What if one of you got hurt? What if you actually found something, and landed on the mortal news? What if you were arrested?" Chiron paced.

Chiron had been lecturing them for over an hour now.

"We get it, Chiron. We won't do it again. We're sorry." Nico told him.

"And what are you sorry for?" He asked in a stern voice, crossing his arms.

Rachel bit back a laugh. "Trying to get into Area 51."

It all started 5 hours before, when Rachel came into Nico's cabin suggesting that they go to Area 51.

"What's Area 51?" Nico asked, pausing his show.

"It's this Military Base in Nevada that is rumored to house aliens. No one is allowed to go there unless they work for the government. Trespassing can put you in jail. No one who doesn't work for the government has ever been able to make it inside before." Will explained.

Nico stood up. "Well, no demigod has ever tried, have they?"

"Wait." Will said. "Why do you want to go there so suddenly?" He asked Rachel.

"I've wanted to go to Area 51 since I was little, and I was thinking about it today when I thought that the 3 of us together might actually have a chance."

"How are we going to get there?" Nico asked.

"We can't use Jules-Albert, so we'll have to use your shadow travel. Actually, it would be a good idea to use Jules-Albert until we're in the town closest to Area 51, and then shadow travel to just outside the building. Not inside, because someone might be there when we appear." Will explained.

Nico put a couple of things into a bag. "I'll need some good shadows, then."

"I'm sure there will be some shadows right next to the building." Said Rachel.

So they packed up some things, and jumped into the car. Soon, they were on their way to Nevada.

"I told Chiron that we were going to Nevada for a few hours, which isn't technically a lie." Will said.

"This is actually really cool." Rachel said, looking around the car. "I wish I had a zombie chauffeur."

"You can use the car anytime you want." Nico told her.

She laughed. "I don't think I'll be able to summon it. I'm not a child of Hades."

"Well if you ever want to use it, just tell me. I'll summon it for you."

She smiled. "Okay."

They rode on for hours, but since it was all magic, it didn't take nearly as long as it should have in a normal car with a normal driver.

"So which town is closest to Area 51, anyways?" Nico asked.

Rachel smiled. "Rachel."

"Huh?" Asked Will.

"The town closest to Area 51 is called Rachel, Nevada. That's where Jules-Albert is taking us. It's a really small town that only has around 50 residents."

Soon enough, they saw the sign welcoming them into Rachel, Nevada. As they drove on, it was mostly land with most of the houses being mobile homes. They pulled over at the small souvenir shop and climbed out.

Nico walked over to a spot that was just next to the store that was covered in shadows. He beckoned Will and Rachel toward him.

Nico looked away and saw a big building in the distance, surrounded by other things he couldn't make out. He assumed that that was Area 51.

He held both of their hands, and soon they were standing next to a huge metal building. Rachel puked, and Nico ate a Kit Kat.

The grass around them was dead, and a chain link fence with wiring covered miles of land around them. There were cameras everywhere, and warning signs could be spotted every 5 feet next to the entrance, which was patrolled by police.

One of the cameras began going in the direction of where the three of them stood, so Will pushed Nico and Rachel down, so all three of them were crouching. Then, they crawled over to a small area in between two of the camera's lines of sight.

"Okay." Said Nico. "What should we do now? How are we going to get inside?"

"Maybe you could disable the cameras somehow?" Rachel suggested, still looking slightly green.

"How am I supposed to do that? I don't really have that kind of power."

"You're right. Will? Could your whistle disable the cameras?"

Will shrugged. "I honestly don't know. It works on humans and dogs and I'm sure on other animals, and it also shatters windows." Will and Nico tried not to laugh. "Anyways, I have no idea if it can shut down or break electronics. Even if it did, the people who monitor the cameras will know they broke, and they'll all come out here to see what the problem is."

They sat thinking for a couple of minutes.

Will sighed. "Why didn't we make a plan before we actually broke into a highly secure government facility?"

"Wouldn't it just be fine to shadow travel inside the place?" Rachel asked.

Will shook his head. "We have a higher chance of getting caught if we do that! Someone might see us!"

"That's our best bet, though! What else can we do? We can't just go through the front door!" Nico said.

"What if there are back doors, or side doors?" Rachel wondered.

Nico craned his neck around the side of the building. The back side of the building didn't have any cameras, because there was no way to get out of there through the back. The only way to get onto Area 51 property was through the entrance at the front.

"Guys!" Nico said. "We can get in through there! There are no cameras!"

They waited until the camera closest to them faced away, and the 3 of them ran for it, laughing and grinning like crazy, Nico and Will holding hands.

They ran down the side of the building until they were at the door. They all looked at each other excitedly.

"We're here! We actually made it!" Rachel exclaimed.

"We're actually going to go inside Area 51!" Will said.

Nico grinned. "Let's go see some aliens."

Nico broke the slot on the side of the building where they had to put a card in, and as he opened the door, Nico was only able to get a glimpse of white walls and white floors before the door slammed shut on what seemed like it's own.

They smelled grapes in the air, and suddenly Mr. D appeared before them.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?"

None of them spoke.

"Trying to break into Area 51, are we? I can save you the trouble. The government is in fact hiding aliens." He grabbed Nico and Will, one hand on each of their shoulders. He motioned for Rachel to grab on, so she put her hand on Will's arm.

Teleporting via godly powers was very different from Nico's form of teleporting. There was no blackness, no ominous noises, no rushing feeling. It was just Pop! and they were standing on the porch of the Big House.

A moment later, Chiron went out onto the porch.

"Look who I found trying to sneak into Area 51." He shook his head, smiling.

Chiron's eyes widened. "In my office. Now."

So that was how the 3 of them ended up getting lectured by Chiron for over an hour.

"I would have expected more from you. I'm very disappointed in you." He said to Will.

"You are almost an adult. You're almost of age, and you are our Oracle. I expected more from you, as well." He said to Rachel.

"And Nico. That is a very irresponsible way to use your powers. You do not take advantage of things just because you are able to. Find other ways to make yourself happy, ways that are not illegal."

After another half hour, they were finally able to get away after apologizing profusely.

Once they knew they were out of earshot, they all started bursting out laughing.

"I don't care that we got caught, and didn't even get to see inside. It was so much fun!" Nico laughed.

"I mean, Mr. D confirmed the aliens, anyway! So it was worth it!" Rachel said.

"It would have been worth it regardless." Said Nico.

"Agreed." Rachel and Will said in unison.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44K 712 38
*COMPLETED* Percy never expected to die the way he did. He never expected to magically come back to life. He never expected to be in an army. And he...
34.7K 1.2K 28
Will and Nico didn't talk often. They had that small skirmish during that one war, a small argument afterwards, and then they didn't talk to each oth...
129K 4K 25
{COMPLETED} \ I suck at descriptions so here is a preview for you! I hope you like it! Will is a prince and Nico is the kingdom's thief. Enjoy! / WPO...
36.6K 882 47
Nico's world has always been flipped upside down. And even after he developed a relationship with the son of Apollo, it didn't get any better. When a...