My... Mates?

Da youngwild-n-free

Rosalie is a Guardian. She's a a magical being, one of several, sent to watch over and keep the peace on eart... Altro

My... Mates?
Prologue
2 • Mates
3 • Emotional Ties
4 • Hell Hath No Fury

1 • The Fight

360 13 1
Da youngwild-n-free

Picture of Rosalie attached in the media section.

Enjoy!
___________________________

2 YEARS LATER...

[Rosalie's POV]

I left Starbucks with a vanilla bean frap in hand, my eyes drooping. I hadn't gotten much sleep last night.

I was two cities away where some poor old lady fell down, at one in the morning, on some random street, of a heart attack. I felt something was wrong and let my senses guide me over there in a rush. I took her to the hospital and stayed with her until I was sure she was fine.

Talk about being a guardian. One thing is for sure, it's not all sunshine and daisies. I sighed, walking over to my car.

Okay, one thing everybody that knows me knows: I LOVE my car. It's a bright red Camaro, one of the only things I never get rid of. I mean, I move around a lot being a guardian and all, so I usually make friends and crash at their place for a few weeks until I'm called elsewhere.

See, the whole guardian thing isn't that complicated, but it's still a hassle. All magical beings know about us, but not exactly who or where we are. Here's the catch: guardians are all over. So, to keep things organized and make sure there's a guardian covering certain parts of the world, we have a sort of organizational structure.

The structure starts off with a married guardian couple that have been there since forever. They are what you could call the bosses, we call them the Officials. They have powers beyond normal guardians and have their ways of knowing things.

Technically, there are certain parts of the world, where there's a large wolf populated area, or a vampire nest, where there are tons of Magics. That's where guardians are needed the most. However, few are still placed in ordinary places, to keep an eye out on the humans and keep them from harm.

I was sort of in between the two. See, depending on your abilities, you're placed.

Now, most guardians have one, maybe two powers plus their wings and the power to heal and advanced sense, which we all have. I have the basics but I also have three powers. Telekinesis, invisibility and shielding. It's not unheard of for a guardian to have three powers but it is rare.

I was meant to be placed with a bunch of magics, but I wasn't really up for it, so they placed me in the middle. Huge cities on one side filled with humans and a more woodsy area on the other where a few wolf packs live. Thankfully, I haven't had to go there once yet, and I'm hoping to keep things that way.

Blah. Enough zoning out Rose! I got into my car and headed to Clara's.

Clara's my best friend, the first human I met after my Awakening. I woke up in a meadow, walked off until I got to the city. Another guardian contacted me there, gave me some cash, a credit card and a run down of how things worked before sending me off.

I met Clara at a park and I've been living with her since then. She knows all about me being a guardian and everything, she's practically family. Well, her parents actually adopted me, so I guess she really is family. She was gorgeous, but refused to believe she was anything but average looking. I, sadly, was perfect.

Believe me when I say I'm not being vain or shallow. It's just how things are. Being a guardian is kind of like being an angel. We're made to perfection. If you ask me, it's the dumbest thing because how the hell are we supposed to blend in with humans if we're absolutely perfect?

Humans have faults, they're not perfectly symmetrical. Their hair isn't always shiny, their faces aren't smooth and spotless, their bodies deteriorate as they grow old. I think that's what true beauty is.

I, however, do my best to look normal. My blond hair is almost always in a somewhat messy bun at the back (not the top.. buns at the top irk me.) of my head, loose strands falling out. I don't dress up or wear any makeup.

In fact, right now I'm wearing a pair of jean shorts, a loose, dark blue shirt that said 'God help us, it's MONDAY', black flats and white RayBans. There was zero make-up on my face. I don't try hard at all, especially on Mondays. Hence the shirt.

And yet, guys are staring and girls are glaring. Even the guy at the cash register, just now at Starbucks, gave me his number. And the guy waiting in line behind me was over-the-top flirting.

Mind on the road Rose! Okay. Switching lanes. Wait did I just switch lanes? Yes, I did. Man, am I tired. Don't judge me, I'm a happy camper.

Just as I pulled up in front of Clara's building the tingling sensation came back.

Oh. My. God.

I let out an irritated huff. I'm going to kill somebody!

Actually, that's false, I'm a guardian.

I'm going to rip some paper!

False again. Paper comes from trees and I protect nature. Guess I'll have to settle with banging my head against my steering wheel.

I hit my head with every thought.

Damn. Fucking. Senses. Telling. Me. There's. Damn. Fucking. Trouble. Nearby.

"Screw it. I just parked my baby. I'm flying there." I thought out loud as I got out of my precious camaro.

I made my way over to a nearby park and between the trees. Calling up a few clouds-yes, I can do that, so can every other guardian in the world-I let my wings come out, stepped out of my flats and shot up into the air, flying up until I was safely hidden from prying eyes.

I felt a pull towards my right, the sense of urgency thicker than usual. I flew, my mind on school and how I was skipping English right now. Clara would come up with my excuse as always, and the teachers would believe her, as always. My good grades, looks and status at school convinced the staff I wasn't a bad girl. Which I wasn't. But I did skip classes every now and then, sometimes for reasons like these and other times not.

I stopped flying abruptly as I saw where I was headed. Away from the city. Towards the woods. Awh, great! I mentally cursed myself for jinxing myself earlier. Practically a whole year of avoiding these wolves and today of all days, my luck is out.

I picked up the pace. Werewolves are strong, stubborn and have no problem killing their enemies. Whatever happened, it wasn't good, it never was with them. The sense of urgency suddenly made sense.

I slowed down once I began hearing noises. Circling around the trees, I got closer using the growls that ripped through their mouths, and the sounds of a fight and careless murmur. Typical. I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't even any real danger at all.

Lowering myself to the ground, I spotted a clearing. I got closer, positioning myself behind a tree and watched.

There were two wolves. They were huge, both the most beautiful I've ever seen; one a deep, chocolate brown and the other with shiny, golden fur. They growled and snapped at each other.

There were other wolves, all in their wolf forms, divided in two. I assumed they were divided based on whose side they were on. There was tension in the air and the sense of a threat.

When the brown wolf jumped and sunk his teeth into the Golden's neck, I decided it was time to intervene.

I made myself invisible and ran into the clearing in a flash. I stepped up to the two fighting wolves and gently separated them with my telekinesis as to not hurt the bitten one, all in a few seconds.

The brown wolf lashed out, fighting against my restraints, looking confused and angry. It became difficult to keep my hold on him but I managed. He was strong-I guessed an Alpha.

The golden one was standing but not going against me, though he was baring his teeth menacingly at the other. I was glad he wasn't against me. Judging by his aura he was an Alpha as well.

Stupid wolves! God, what on earth was so important, that it got two alphas fighting?!

I threw a shield around me, just in case, and another two around the surrounding wolves. I realized that they were two separate packs and made sure each was in their own protective bubble before removing my invisibility.

There was a collective gasp and murmurs as I appeared out of thin air, the two wolves let out loud growls. The brown wolf sagged, giving up, and whimpered.

Huh. Weird.

I placed myself in between of the two alphas, my hands still stretched in opposite directions, keeping them apart.

I spoke up, "Wolves."

I looked around at both packs before glaring sternly at both Alphas.

"As you may have guessed, I'm a guardian. My job is to maintain the peace among you." I recited. There was a process we had to follow when it came to these things. I mean, if it were up to me, I'd say something more along the lines of 'I'M A GUARDIAN AND I GOT CALLED HERE BECAUSE YOU FUCKTARDS ARE FIGHTING. WHY THE HELL ARE YOU FIGHTING?!' But nope! I can't be like that.

"Your behaviour is unacceptable. You are to stop fighting and I'd like an explanation." I continued, making this part up as I went along.

With a nod of my head, two pairs of shorts came flying at me from the woods, where I assumed they'd discarded their clothes. A side flick from my head and they landed at the feet of the huge wolves.

"I will release you. You are not to attack one another. Please shift into your human forms Alphas, so that I may speak with you." I told them formally. Blekh. I hated formality.

I released my hold, looking away from them as they shifted and changed. I walked a few steps away and crossed my arms and tapped my bare foot to the ground in annoyance. I looked down, grateful for my recent decision to a simple french pedicure. I sighed.

What a perfectly good way this was to make my horrible Monday even worse.

Before I knew what was happening, both alphas were approaching me in human form, and I couldn't help but stare.

The golden one was about my height, though still considerably taller. He had short golden hair that was styled up. His eyes were a a forest green and he was grinning-he looked overjoyed. His chest was bare-oh dear hot mama! That is one sexy guy.

I took him in, doing my best not to look interested before looking at the other.

The other had short, cropped, dark brown hair. It was messy all over but in a mussed-up-sexy way. His eyes were a deep brown but the look they emitted was fierce. His mouth was upturned in a small smile. His chest was bare as well and I did my best not to faint at these walking models in front of me.

Both were tanned just enough, both were extremely fit and hot. Yum.

Suddenly they both reached out for me, but their hands stopped centimetres away, meaning they'd encountered my shield.

Their heads snapped up, their eyes meeting mine. They looked confused again, angry and frustrated as well. But there was something else about them, something that was just screaming...passion?

"Mate." They both whispered, in sync.

My eyes widened. What the hell?!

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

84 0 16
Sophie never imagined she would have a mate even though she always wanted one. So when the sexy vampire she met at the bar turns out to be her new cl...
13.4K 504 38
Having a mate is supposed to be the best thing in a person's lives right? Wrong. When I first met my mate I found out something that changed everythi...
76.8K 794 20
~Book 1 of Soul Mates series~ After her fathers death, Rose is sent to live with her grandparents in a small town in Romania. There she discovers som...
106K 2.3K 31
|| "What do you mean 'wolves'?" I hissed, my eyes staring straight at him. He frowned, his eyebrows furrowing, "Werewolves, Summer." || Summer Swan...