A Gangster With Roses • Tommy...

By starlightluvrr

Rosella Kimber is the daughter of Billy Kimber, one of the biggest crime bosses in 1919 England. Tommy Shelby... More

A GANGSTER WITH ROSES
some girl before france
the kimbers
deal with the devil
she's the past
secret lovers
do you dance?
snow white lips
doomsday
you've seen me
shock
deflower
heaven is yours
betrayal
already broken
family business
love your enemies
bittersweet
it's a boy
king of small heath
thomas shelby with roses
black star day
revenge
kimber and his men
love, rosie
all is fair
before the storm
handsome strangers
sabini's club
tommy & rose
lost letters
back to birmingham
confessions
their last petal
delight before destruction
delilah
night of ecstasy
marry me, rosie
forever red
no one came back
ghosts
silence at last
husband and wife
killing is a kindness
forgive to forget
the marquis of lorne
affairs
art of seduction
falling apart
angel of death
tommy's girl
fire and smoke
escapes
the derby
ribbon
final hour
there's a woman
the most of everything
russian roulette
night of horrors
tatiana
death is sweet
in the bleak midwinter

fast women & slow horses

8.3K 271 45
By starlightluvrr

|11|
CONFESSIONAL BOX

REGÉ-JEAN PAGE | ISAAC JESUS

TOMMY ENTERS THE Garrison with a lit cigarette in his hand, it's almost as if the warm atmosphere glowed on his face as he stepped into the place he had known since the beginning of time.

It was mid afternoon and he had left Rose's house the second he heard the police raid had been called off prematurely.

They didn't find his cocaine but they did find illegal heroine on some men and made arrests; Tommy had no idea why the search had been called off, he could only guess that he got lucky, at least they didn't find the guns.

"Tommy!" John cheers as he notices him walk in, he ushers him to the table he was on.

Arthur pushes the drink in front of him towards Tommy. "Go on, have a celebration drink." He insists.

Tommy contemplates to himself for a minute, before giving in. "Okay then, why not."

It wasn't like Tommy to be easily persuaded by his brothers, yet today, he was in a good mood.

Arthur lights his cigarette with a sheepish grin plastered on his face, "where were you this morning, Tom?"

John sniggers.

Tommy clears his throat, trying to take a more mature stance. "I had lots of work to do ."

"You sure work wasn't the only person— I mean thing, you were doing?" John erupts into laughter with Arthur, for way too long for Tommy's liking.

He shakes his head, pulling another cigarette out the pack in his hand. "Just pass me the fucking matches John."

John hands him the matches with a large annoying smile. "It's about time you found yourself a woman."

"R-remember what dad used to say." Arthur starts, catching his breath from laughing.

"Fast women and slow horses will ruin your life!" Arthur and John chant in unison, laughing once again.

Tommy couldn't hide his smile now if he wanted to, it beamed bright on his face for just one second. Only a second. You'd be lucky enough to catch it, like a wild vibrant butterfly on a spring morning.

"What are we celebrating boys?" Daisy walks over, taking their empty glasses.

"You won't believe it, the search for the cocaine got called off, they won't find ours." John blabs to Daisy freely, sinking back into his chair.

It gave Tommy a strange and unusual feeling that John was telling Daisy all their business ventures carelessly; she wasn't family.

Not anymore.

"I guess you all just got lucky then." Daisy shrugs, giving Tommy a stern look before leaving.

It was hard for him to admit that Daisy still had somewhat of a hold over him.

However, little did he know it was her who called off the search. Something had struck in her when she saw him and Rose go away together. With much pleads, Daisy had convinced her husband to stop the police he sent after ratting Tommy out to him.

Abruptly, the doors swing open.

Ada comes marching in with Isaac, holding hands with him. She had a furious and determined look on her face as she walked in, as if nothing could stop her.

"This!" She shouts, holding up Isaacs hand, "this is the man I love, and I don't care what anyone says!"

Heads turn in the pub, their attention landing on the young couple instantly.

"Ada—"

"Shut up and listen!" She yells, cutting Daisy off.

"I want you all to look at us!" Ada pleads, as Isaac puts his arm around her.

Tommy sits up, staring at them both.

"You've all got somebody you love or loved." Ada points her finger at everyone in there, who stared at her stunned. "I know you do. When you get home, you all have someone waiting for you or the memories of someone."

"Well, I have somebody waiting for me but no one can know he's waiting and I don't want it like that anymore, I don't." Ada was flustered, she was completely fed up with running around in secret.

Isaac rubs her back, encouraging her to go on as she takes a deep breath.

"I married Isaac Jesus, the son of Jeremiah Jesus, in St George's Chapel today with the blessing of my aunt." She holds up her hand that displayed a gold ring.

Tommy immediately stands up.

"I want you all to look at us!" She demands.

People in the pub look around, muttering and whispering at the sudden news, waiting for Tommy to say or do something.

"This man is compassionate." She turns to Isaac, full of emotion. "This man is kind, intelligent, often tells bad jokes, but he's hard working and loving."

She steps further into the centre of the pub, taking in everything and everyone.

"This man is my husband."

Tommy's eyes hadn't left his sister. John, who was best mates with Isaac, couldn't even process what was happening. He'd always suspected something was going on between them but this confirmed the truth he had been long avoiding.

"We don't care what anyone has to say anymore! Love isn't what you see, it's about what someone feels."

Ada moves her cardigan out the way, revealing her growing bump. "And oh yeah, we're having a baby."

The silence creeps in again like a thief or a stalker in the night. Now, Ada's heart was beating so loud her chest physically hurt.

"Well." Tommy starts, it was hard to tell his thoughts and emotions. "Congratulations to the newlyweds."

He starts to clap.

Others join in slowly, looking at each other.

Even Arthur claps too, with the most enthusiasm, eventually forming a smile on his lips.

After all, there was no better man to have Ada than Isaac.

Soon, everyone in the pub is cheering and clapping and the speech seems to have won over Tommy's acceptance. For now.

But the only person not clapping was John, Isaacs best mate. He stood there, still in disbelief, not even an expression on his face.

Ada looks at him anxiously, waiting. For something. Anything.

John looks up from the ground, nodding to himself.

Then, he stands on a chair. "Daisy! Get this couple free drinks, will you? They just got bloody married!" He starts to clap loudly and eagerly for them.

Ada sighs in relief before kissing Isaac happily.

She had finally won the approval of her brothers and stood her ground, nothing made her more happier.

•••

Rose puts down her bag, entering her father's mansion. She had spent the whole night and morning at their old house in Birmingham that she forgot this is where she mainly resided.

It was all euphoric, a symphony that could last forever— but it didn't. And it had to end at one point. So, it did.

Her eyes wander around the large living room, sensing the mood of the house.

Everywhere seemed quiet.

The only thing she could hear in the distance was the maids and cooks preparing lunch and chattering.

Rose undoubtedly looked scruffy, she was still wearing the same clothes from the previous day which said a lot.

"Finally back are we?"

She whips her head around to the voice of her father, who was sat on the armchair in the living room.

"I'm just going upstairs—"

Billy gets up, charging towards her. "You're not going anywhere, Rosie."

Her hands begin to shake so much that the only way she can stop it is by pinning them by her side.

They stare at each other for too long. Rose could see Billy was incredibly drunk. From his demeanour to the empty bottles on the centre table.

She hated how he was drunk. It scared her.

"You see, Rose, you have become a whore in my absence."

Rose's stomach turns.

"You seem bloody surprised." Billy's eyes looked horrifying. "You think I'm fucking thick don't you?"

He moves closer to her.

Rose shakes her head quickly, she felt so minuscule, so small and damageable.

"You think things don't reach my ears, do you!?" He screams in her face, so loudly that it rings in her ears seconds after. "That I don't have eyes in every fucking corner of Birmingham!?"

"You think I wouldn't know that my very own daughter has laid in bed with a worthless man from a line of thieving whore-groping pikey men!?"

He lowers his tone. "Then again, you are a whore Rosella and you've shamed me, you've brought shame on your fucking self and my Kimber name."

The words sting Rose like a stab wound to the neck.

"You and your deranged mother are going to end up in the same place." He spits so coldly, his voice breaking.

"I tried with you and your brother— I tried." Tears start streaming down his face as he edges closer. "What do I do now, Rose? Tell me, please."

Billy wraps his hands around Rose's neck. Small ragged gasps escape her throat as his palms press against it.

"God knows I've tried!" He whimpers, Rose could feel her airways closing, she could feel her supply of oxygen being cut off.

She cried out as he kept pressing harder and harder, but it all came out muffled.

"D—dad, I love..." Was all that could escape her mouth.

Billy sobs, strangling her harder. "I hate it when you call me that with those eyes!"

Billy watched his daughters chest stop moving  and her eyes close slowly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 29K 93
"Realising how fucking beautiful you are suddenly sobered me up" Anna Smith, the girl who was brought up in a tiny village, sheltered naively from al...
200K 5.8K 49
Read this book if you want to f-k Tommy Shelby. You're Billy Kimber's daughter. You've been accused of stealing the Peaky Blinders' shipment of gun...
2M 47.2K 51
Because every girl needs their own prince charming, but some girls need their own birmingham gangster. •BOOK ONE COMPLETED• •SEASON ONE- SEASON TWO...
110K 3.1K 17
FOR THE ONE WHO STAYED ─ A peaky blinders fanfiction ━ IN WHICH, Elizabeth Shelby has to come to terms with the fact that sharing a name does not nec...