Lost Luna

By XDeafening_SilenceX

Once a forgotten Omega, now the next Luna of the Blood Moon pack-Nova must uncover the secrets of her heritag... More

Season List for Lost Luna
Hello
COPYRIGHT PAGE
announcement ~ Wattpad Originals & YONDER
Readers Views
miserable
champagne
fall
coffee
mate
shift
leave
new
forest
doctor
friend
hard work
problems
afire
suspicion
breaking point
control
lonesome
transform
green
dance
blur
headache
dominance
bewilderment
hold
office
barren
lyra
whistle
sunset
BONUS ~ mate
nervous
shirt
traveller
a while
raw
BONUS ~ interest
BONUS ~ intervene
feeling
caged
quiet
BONUS ~ uncertain
rain
raven
ally
thoughts
cold
BONUS ~ care
warmth
story
brother
anger
revelation
phone call
gaia
takeover
plan
curious
sleep
BONUS ~ close
blood
goodbyes
pack
BONUS ~ protect
north
anxious
cowardly
fear
BONUS ~ unconsciousness
reality
stealth
attack
revenge
embrace
heal
consolation
safe
castle
royal
serve
peaceful
tension
case
stranger
empathy
BONUS ~ pleasure 18+
reassurance
strong
BONUS ~ challenge
honour
BONUS ~ travels
grateful
thankful
morning
abilities
desire
BONUS ~ desire 18+
mated
happy
Sequel updates
New Cover!
the series continues

death

120K 5.7K 1.7K
By XDeafening_SilenceX

noun ~ the end of the life of a person or organism

TW; Blood/Gore

The she-wolf before did not hesitate before the bones in her body began to crack. She shook out deep brown fur, the rising moon catching the glint of black streaks down her back. The crowd fell silent, awaiting a fight of the century.

Once she was steady on her four paws, we lowered our heads in sync and waited for the start command. I kept my breathing even, focusing on myself and no one else around me. I could feel the bonds of my pack, my mate and my brothers, but I pushed them all out and breathed deeply.

Are you ready for this Celimene? I asked.

'Ready.' She growled.

"Commence!" The King shouted.

The she-wolf wasted no time in her attack, charging at me at full speed. I jumped over her form, startling her as I grasped her tail end in my teeth. She skidded to a stop in my previous place and I watched with satisfaction as she snapped her teeth at me. I had irritated her already.

I'm stronger than you think, I thought to myself.

The wolf's hackles raised and she bowed her head, her tongue licking at her sharp canines. They glinted in the moonlight, her deep brown eyes showing the brightness of the moon behind me. I growled lowly, bowing my head in acceptance of the fight. She wasted no time and charged, her claws scraping up the dirt in her haste.

She leapt from a few feet away and tried to grab onto my flank with her teeth but I barreled my head into her neck and forced her away. As she hit the floor, I dived for her and clawed my paws into her side. She rolled, kicking me away and scraping at my dense fur. She snarled as I swiped my claw along her leg, pulling the skin apart. Fresh blood glinted in the moonlight, dripping dark patches into the dirt.

She kicked me in the stomach which caused me to stumble but it allowed her a moment to get to her feet. Despite being wobbly she charged for me, her teeth sinking into my leg. I let out a startled yelp as she shook at my front leg before releasing it and aiming for my neck. I snapped my teeth and spun out of the way. Digging my jaw into her back, I broke through her skin and pulled. Successfully heaving her from the ground, I threw her with all my might and growled in satisfaction when she fell into a heap on the ground.

I spat out the fur and skin from my jaws, Cel pleased with her now gushing injury. My leg was sore, and I could feel Pollux pushing in my mind, trying to comfort me with his words. I wouldn't let him in, this was my fight, even Phoenix had stayed silent.

The she-wolf shakily tried to get to her feet, growling as she haphazardly ran towards me. I charged toward her and we collided in a heap of fur. Claws sunk into flesh, fur flew and growls filled the air. I had risen onto my hind legs to counteract her fight and as she dived for my stomach, I drove my front paw into her spine with all my weight.

It cracked and she whined, faltering in her movements. With Cel by my side, I took my chance on her hesitation. I locked my jaw around her neck and threw her over me. She fell onto the dirt, a high-pitched scream leaving her throat. She was panting heavily, and despite being heavily injured with a broken spine, she stared at me with so much anger, so much hatred.

I stalked my way over, my head low and gums pulled back in a snarl. She dared to fight me for what was mine, and I was sure as hell going to make sure that I was victorious. I stood over her now, her paws desperately trying to hold their ground but she only caused herself more pain. She glared at me with so much hatred, not an ounce of fear on her face.

With the last breath of a fight, she threw her head forwards and latched onto my bad paw. I wasted no time in sinking my teeth into the soft part of her neck and tearing through her jugular. She screeched, releasing me instantly as she began to bleed out and take her last gargled breath. Her blood coating her fur, I spat out her flesh and stepped back in victory.

The crowd was silent as I stood waiting in the five minute window, all of them watching me with wide eyes. Many I had looked over had bowed or looked away in submission but I could smell the sadness and anger from one particular group of people. Her pack, her father, was staring down at his daughter's body with so many emotions. He had wanted her to fight just as much as I did, and now he felt the sorrow that he would've wished upon someone else. Barbaric hypocrites, I couldn't help but feel angry towards them for thinking so selfishly.

The sound of the King commanding the next fight had me turn around to face the next competitor. In the darkness of the night, I could see she was blonde and of slight build. Her clothes were scantily covering her body, a sneer of red lips as she looked down at me. She reminded me of Sophie, the way she held herself and glared down at me.

I bared my teeth at the Sophie twin who glanced one last time at her family who stood nervous on the outer edge. She shifted and hit the ground on four paws. She did not hesitate as she immediately ran towards me, her blonde sandy fur was thin and caught the light as she charged.

I braced myself, puffing out my chest as I prepared her to launch at me. She didn't. Instead, she darted to the left and I snapped my teeth towards her only for her to jump over my back to land at my right. Her back paws kicked out in the process, shoving me successfully to the side. I rolled, my head banging against the ground as the world span. I dug my claws in, rolling from my back to leap up in defence.

She was already over me, her claws shoving into my flank as her teeth snapped at my hind legs. She wasn't going for the instant kill, she wanted to see me injured and weak. I snarled, kicking out and scraping at her with my back legs. She moved fast, catching my hip in her teeth and pulling. I yelped as the excruciating popping of my hip sounded in the air. I heaved myself upright, whining at the sharp pain that ran through me.

'It's okay Nova, fight. We must fight.' Cel panted into my mind.

I winced and nodded through the pain, shooting my eyes back open to find the familiar black watching me intently from under the far tree line. His eyes had darkened, his wolf displeased with the fights and he had distanced himself from the inner circle.

My moment of hesitation gave her another advantage as she darted toward me and snapped at my underbelly. I yelped when she pulled away with a chunk of fur in her mouth. I was fluffier down there, so she had missed my skin but it still bloody hurt to lose a chunk of fur.

I growled and shakily stood to my feet. If she was human, she would be smirking as she watched me weakly stand. She was enjoying this, trying to humiliate me. She had not yet broken much of my skin, merely injured my bones. I was determined to not let her, my blood would only advance her healing and give her the strength over me.

I clenched my jaw, clicking my neck as I waited. I couldn't bear weight on my back leg and unable to pop it back in I had no choice but to act on defence. She knew that, and she was playing me as she paced from side to side. I kept my eyes intent on her face but allowed myself to unfocus my mind and look deeper into her.

Her wolf was enraged, furious with me for killing someone who she saw as a friend. I almost laughed at the irony. If her wolf was so eager to kill me for barbaric history, then I would be happy to return the favour. Celimene was right; it was kill or be killed in the werewolf world. No amount of families or souls would stop that anymore.

In a flash, she darted, her smaller more limber form coming towards me. I had recognised the shift in her weight the moment she did and as she came up to my bad side once again, I was waiting. She was about to jump over me but I spun around despite my pain and sank my teeth into her side. She yelped as I heaved, using the momentum of her jump against her as I threw her over my body. I rolled onto my back at the force, and gently landed back on my feet just as she crashed into the ground.

She fell in a heap and leapt to her feet. Her blue eyes stared at the gaping flesh wound along her ribcage, the bones showing through the tear I had created. Her chest fur was thick but the skin was thin and easy to tear once you grazed the bone.

I could almost taste her fury, the way her eyes snapped to me and her gums retreated into her snout. I held my head high in pride, not letting my injuries fog my mind. A clear consciousness was all I needed.

Her hackles and claws were protruding as she once again came toward me. I tensed myself, ready for her blurry blaze of fury. Her blonde fur tickled at my nose as I sank my teeth into the back of her neck. She had gone low, aiming for my throat this time as I suspected. I grabbed onto her scruff and allowed her to pull me down as she darted beneath me. I braced my front paws along her back as she slid across the ground, her legs giving way under my hold.

She slid too fast in the dripping blood. Her paws losing friction, she skids on the wet grass and I heard the sickening crack as her front paw snapped beneath her. I released her scruff, now behind her flank, and raised myself onto the one good leg I had left. I dug my claws into her sides, my back leg collapsing under the pressure. They dragged through her skin and her head spun around so quickly to bite at my toes. I yelped when they grasped at my claw and pulled it from the socket.

In my moment of fury, I growled and clamped my jaw around her snout. I bit down hard, the taste of her blood filling my mouth. She yipped and growled but I kept her mouth clamped shut. She shook her head but I only grabbed harder with my teeth and claws to prevent her from moving. I heard a few of her teeth break under the pressure and taking the moment of her burning pain, I released her from my grasp. She stumbled, whining for help but I paid no mind as I headbutted her side and she staggered.

My claws had gone deep, the waterfall of her blood matting and staining her blonde fur. Shaking off my pain for one last moment, I avoided her pained eyes and darted for her neck. With Cel once again by my side, we tore into her throat, our claws digging into her rib cage as she forced her to the ground. She fell with a pained whine, her ribs collapsing under my weight as I tore her throat apart.

I stood panting, my fur covered in her blood. Cel licked at her jaws, a deep grumble of satisfaction emitting from her as she gazed down at her prey. I evaded looking at their faces, not wanting to see the wide-open emptiness as their souls left their bodies. I stepped down from the second wolf's body, my paws squelching in the pools of blood.

Once again the crowd was silent, all staring at the circle with shocked expressions. As I glanced at the strangers, I felt the sickness of the torture I had just taken part in. I was a show, a spectacle for them to engage in. It was purely primal; a battle to the death.

Death.

I had killed two more wolves, and it could've been me.

But now...now I had won. I had done it. Fears aside, I had taken down the competition and Phoenix was going to be all mine.

I turned to face the King, determination in my strides. He stood gaping at me, his eyes partially wide as he glanced at the fury of my wolf. He was the cause for this, he was the reason I had to kill wolves for viewing pleasure. He did not deserve to rule.

I snarled, licking the blood from my gums and teeth. My dark fur blended well with the night, and I could see the momentary fear form on his face.

"Enough!" The Queen snapped. "The fights are over."

The King cleared his throat, stepping back to his mate. "Yes. Indeed. Nova has won the mate-ship battles and the rights to her Luna title."

I heard and sensed Phoenix approach slowly from the trees behind me as the crowd erupted in applause and congratulations at the King's words. They all fell to the back of my mind as I focused my intentions on the King. He would pay for this, I was sure of it, and if not me; Celimene was. He disgraced our ancestors.

"Now, now, advance anymore and I will take it as a direct threat to the throne." The King warned.

The crowd fell silent again, the tension filling the air so quickly it was almost suffocating. I answered the King with a small growl, stepping closer despite my limp.

"That won't be necessary Nova." Phoenix came up to my side.

His eyes were dark as I glanced up at him, but he paid no attention as he stoically stared down at the King. He didn't touch me, merely stood at my shoulders with his arms by his side.

"Very good, I do not want to have to kill another." The King sneered.

"Oh, you won't be the one killing tonight." Phoenix taunted.

"Whatever do you mean, boy?"

"I, Phoenix Titan, son of Kane Titan, challenge you King Edward Mora to the throne."

••••
Oooooooohhhh

I do give you a lot of cliff hangers don't I hahaha

I have a busy day ahead today, so it's an early morning update before I do the school run! Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Question of the day;
What are you looking forward to this week?

© ALL RIGHTS RESERVED 2021 © XDeafening_SilenceX on W a t t p a d

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4M 59.8K 28
Meet the best Alpha ever, Lance Stryder. Are you tired of werewolf stories where the Alpha yells out "MINE" and practically kidnaps the main charact...
3.8M 138K 56
Lauren is in trouble. BIG trouble. She found her mate - and he ISN'T her sweet, long-term, long-distance boyfriend. He's an Alpha. Can you blame a gi...
497K 6.3K 16
To read the full book please see the info below: What a wild ride this has been with almost half a million reads! However, It is now time for me to e...
3M 105K 46
"You were made for me. And I, for you." His breath is right beside my ear and I tightly shut my eyes closed. He leans down closer. "I was made to lo...