The Other Side

By sunah-16

Every summer the girls rent out an airbnb that allows two other people to rent the other half. Everytime they... More

BYR | CHARACTER AESTHETICS
Dedication
CHAPTER ONE | Summer Break
CHAPTER TWO | Beach Haven's Four
CHAPTER THREE | Memories
CHAPTER FOUR | That Way
CHAPTER FIVE | Distant
CHAPTER SIX | Driving Myself Insane
CHAPTER SEVEN | Party
CHAPTER NINE | Family
CHAPTER TEN | Fool
CHAPTER ELEVEN | The two A's
CHAPTER TWELVE | Flatline
CHAPTER THIRTEEN | My Rock
CHAPTER FOURTEEN | Seasons
CHAPTER FIFTHTEEN | Wet
CHAPTER SIXTEEN |When The Rain Stops
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN | Slow Dancing
CHAPTER EIGHTTEEN | Admit it
CHAPTER NINETEEN | That Kind of Love
CHAPTER TWENTY | Eyes Off You
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE | A's Bake Show
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO | One week and Two days
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE | Our Story
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR | Brave
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE | Unfinished Business
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX | Take My Hand
EPILOGUE 1 | Forever Stuck With Me
EPILOGUE 2 | Cherry Blossom Season
Thank you!

CHAPTER EIGHT | Not a Mistake

5.6K 93 62
By sunah-16

K Y L O   S T O R M

"She's standing on the line between giving up and seeing how much more she can take."

Loud music pumps through the walls, bouncing back and forth. People laugh as they talk, some yell over the music.

I walk through the crowd, entering the kitchen. Brushing against others as they dance in the crowed space. Placing the palms of my hand on top of the counter, it sticks to my hand. So I retrieve my hand back.

Grabbing a bottle and pouring it into a red solo cup, a cool beer against the palm of my hand. I take a swig, my lips coated in the wet liquid.

I look around the room to see some already drunk and singing to the song that blasts through the speakers. Random couples making out in the dark corners, the strobe light shining on them every now and then.

Walking over to the living-room with the cup in my hand, I balance on the edge the couch's armrest. Looking around, I don't find the need to talk to anyone. This party is just a distraction.

A group of girls sit across from me, minding their own business. Looking outside people lean against the railing, looking at the beach.

A hand lands on my thigh, I look to my left there sits a girl in the seat next to me. "Oh, sorry. Didn't see you there." She says batting her eyelashes.

"Uh hey." I reply taking another sip.

"My names, Skylar." She retreats her hand and puts it in front of her, I take her hand and shake it.

"Kylo." Skylar smiles.

Skylar has long brown hair, not as pretty as Katalina's. Shut up. Her blue eyes complimenting her hair; freckles spread across her flushed cheeks, lips pink and plump. She wears a black halter-top, light washed jean shorts.

She turns her head towards me, "So, Kylo. What are you doing over here alone?"

"Chilling, and people watching." I reply, "What are you doing, talking to the loner right now? Hm?"

"Oh shush, you aren't a loner. Don't say that." She playfully slaps my free hand.

I give her a faint smile, "Want a sip? I mean not that you'd like it, it's bee-"

"Fuck yeah, let me get a taste." Skylar takes the cup from my hand, placing her lips over the spot mine just were.

I chuckle, taking back the cup after she wipes her mouth with the back of her hand. "Are you a local?"

"Yeah, I am." She smiles, "I've been friends with Athena, so she invited me over."

I nod my head in response. "Wanna scoot over, so I can sit?" I tease.

"Shit, sorry." She giggles.

Not the same giggle.

Sliding down, I place my ass on the cushion. Man spreading til my thighs touch her bare ones.

"So tell me about yourself." She comments.

Spinning the cup in my hand, "What do you wanna know?"

"Hm," She thinks, "Play any sports?"

"I do, I play basketball with my friend."

"Oh my god." She gasps. "I do too!"

"Oh for real? Girls ball?"

"Hell yeah, my position is point guard."

"Oh so you good with dribbling? I bet you're good." I grin.

"Stop, you're feeding my ego." She laughs. "What's your position?"

"Same as yours."

"Glad I found someone who has things in common with me," She pulls down her shorts, "It was nice meeting you-"

"Can I, uh- have your number?" I stop her mid-sentence, "For later? You seem really nice."

Skylar smiles, showing her perfectly white teeth, "Oh sure, here." She enters her number into my phone, I slide it back into my pocket.

She goes to stand, but I grab her wrist pulling her back towards the couch. She turns her head to me in confusion. "I won't lie, but I was a little distracted, Skylar."

She turns her body towards mine, knees touching, hand on my inner thigh. "Oh- really?"

I inch my face closer to hers our breathes mixing, our eyes fixed on each others lips, "Mhm." I hum, "You're a pretty girl, you know?"

"Not too bad yourself, Kylo." We angle our head to a different side, I close the distance between us.

Her lips were warm and soft. They parted slightly, allowing my tongue to slip inside.

She slips her arms around my neck, I place the cup on the side table. As she climbs on top of my lap. The taste of alcohol is faint but there, I brush my tongue against hers, fighting for dominance. I bite her lower lip, rolling it between my teeth. She moans, but isn't heard over the blasting music. I smile in between some of the short kisses her gives.

My hands hold her waist slowly sliding down to her thighs, her hands tangled in my hair, she pulls it back. Kissing my neck with opened mouth kisses. I grab her face and bring her back to my lips, she grinds against my cock.

I groan at the action, she smiles into the kiss.

She presses our bodies closer together, closing any remaining space left.

Our minds distracted, until I feel a presence to my left. Right- next- to my face. But I ignore it.

Until someone pushes my arm, jerking me and Skylar to the side, causing her to gasp in shock.

Skylar tries to jump off my lap, but I grip her hips making her stay seating on my lap.

I focus my vision on the figure on my side, "Azariah?" My voice comes out low and husky.

"Hell yeah it's me, and two other girls." He says shaking his head and pointing somewhere.

I move my head around Skylar and spot Katalina and Athena, she nods her head at me. I stare at her, looking back and forth between the two.

Azariah looks at Skylar then me, "Sorry lady, but uh I'mma talk to him for a sec yeah? You- can uh." He pauses, "Sit there."
     "Kylo, on some real shit, bro. You could've talked to Katalina first, but it's whatever, what's done is done."

Azariah walks away looking back at the girls and motions he's going to the kitchen.

I turn my attention towards Skylar, "How about we take this to my room? I'll make up for it." I wink.

She nods, bitting her lip.

I grip her thighs with my hands, creating an indent. I pick her up, and attach my lips to hers again. Walking through the crowd of sweaty bodies. Passing Athena and Katalina, we disappear into the hall.

We stumble into my room, closing the door with the back of my foot. I place her on the bed, kissing her neck, as she arches her back.

"Let me do the work, alright?" She says gripping the bottom of my shirt, lifting it over my head.

"I said I'd make it up to you."

"Yeah but I wanna do it, shut up and kiss me."

And I do what she asked, West Sides High school fuck boy coming right up.

Against her lips, "I just wanna kill the mood for a second, I want you to know. That this is not a mistake, alright? Whatever happened out there was nothing."

She smiles, "It's fine, get a move on Kylo."

I laugh, diving back in for a kiss.

Not a mistake, I tell myself.

Katalina, this isn't a mistake.

Your just some girl who lives in the same house, nothing more. I don't care about you.

☾ ⋆*·゚:⋆*·゚:⠀ *⋆.*:·゚ .: ⋆*·゚: .⋆

The sun shines through, heat radiates next to me. Embracing me in a hug, hair tickles my arm. Hot puffs of air hit the base of my neck, as a pair of lips lay there.

Turning my head, there lays Skylar. Blanket covering her top half, her arm wraps around my stomach.

I kiss the top of her head, "Good morning, sunshine."

She groans, "Not yet, I'm so tired."

I chuckle, "You lay in bed, I gotta shower."

She mumbles a response. I get up grabbing a pair of clean boxers, a shirt and some shorts.

I step out into the hall, shutting the door. And stepping inside the bathroom, placing my clothes on the counter, and turning on the water.

A couple minutes later, I finish showering and throw my old clothes in the hamper. Walking into the living-room and kitchen, it's spotless clean. Not a single piece of trash is in sight, everything put away and clean.

The air is a mix of cleaning supplies and a freshener.

Azariah is in the kitchen, washing some cups. "Oh hey Ky, how was your night?" He says without turning around.

"It was great, why are you up early?"

"I helped the girls cleaned, nothing really." He says running the last cup underwater. Steps are heard. "Oh here they are!"

I go and sit at the island counter, "Hey guys."

"Hi." Athena replies, Katalina does the same.

"Oh my god, Lina." Azariah says. "Did Nate leave already?"

Katalina hits Azariah in the shoulder, "Yeah he did, he had to go home."

Azariah hums in repsonce, "Whos Nate?" I question. As they all turn their head towards me.

"Some guy from last night." Katalina answers.

She had a guy over? Huh.

Athena walks over to the fridge, "I'm gonna make some breakfast." She says as she starts to grab some ingredients.

Everyone is talking until, a pair of arms wrap around my neck. Giving me a hug from the back, I'm confused. Until I remember who it is, Skylar.

She puts her face by my neck inhaling my scent, "You smell good."

I clear my throat, "Yeah, um thanks Sky."

"Want egg omelet, or-" Athena looks up and pauses, "Sky?" She drops the ingredients on the counter top.

"Hey Thena!" She chimes, "Good morning." She says arms hanging off my shoulders.

Katalina just stares, "Skylar?"

"Yup! Hey guys."

"Who?" Azariah adds, "Is you."

"Don't be rude Azariah, this is Skylar. Skylar meet my best friend Azariah."

"Best-friend my ass." He mumbles. "Yeah nice to meet you."

"I was going to make breakfast, but uh Sky. We're busy and we're gonna head out, Kylo you staying home yeah?" Athena comments, "You know, change of plans."

"Uh-" Azariah cuts me off.

"Yeah he is, girls day!"

"Your a guy Azariah." Katalina says.

"No-duh, but it's a girls day." He says quickly putting back the food. "Like I said, girls- day. No questions, I can be a girl for today." He says flipping his blonde hair, and shutting the fridge door closed.

Sky plays with the ends of my hair, twirling it in between her fingers. "Yeah um, no worries. I'll probably take Sky home."

"Great," He throws the keys to me, "Heres the keys, I'll be driving the girls car. Isn't that right Lina?" He says pinching her cheek in a baby voice.

"Right."

K A T A L I N A N A I

"Dude!" I say pushing Zariah's shoulder, "Stop biting my hair, it isn't food."

"But, it smells so good. Let me use your shampoo?" He whines.

"If it'll make you stop biting my hair, it's gonna start to smell like spit." I groan.

"Yes, it'll make me stop." He says. "You have a deal D'Amore." I reply.

"Yo Amore, you're driving."

"That was the plan, asshole." He replies.

Athena runs towards the car after throwing the keys to Azariah, "I call shotgun, Lina!"

"As you wish, babe."

Azariah hops into the drivers seat, he puts on some sunglasses, drinking his smoothie he made this morning while cleaning.

"I still don't get why you call each other bab-"

"Holy shit, Amore. You look great." Athena says pulling out her phone, "Hold that pose, I need a pic."

"Because we love each other Zariah."

He does as he's told, and jumps when Athena puts her hand in the frame, touching his neck.

"Damn you look good. Lina." She says turning the phone towards me, "Look at him, he looks like a god."

"Stop feeding his ego Rose." I laugh, "Post it."

"Hell yeah I am," Turning towards Zariah, "You good with that?"

"With you posting, of course. Post me the god himself, all you want."

"See!" I say pushing Athena's head to the side, "Now he's gonna keep saying that."

Azariah laughs, and Athena mumbles a 'shut up.'

•─────·☾ ☽⋅─────•

A/N: Oh shit, another chapter? Damn I'm on a roll. Anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and thank you soooo so much for showing this story some love. It's so appreciated, I love you all so deeply.

Thoughts on Skylar? Do you think she'll stick around, or do you think she'll leave. She's a friend of Athena's right?

Until next time, I'll see you on The Other Side :)

- Sunah

Follow their instagram: @/beachhavens4

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

703 7 51
"This was just supposed to be summer fun. That was what we agreed on." I tried to talk to him as he was vigorously shaking his head, tearing his gaze...
22K 963 25
All through high school, Reagan Bell and Alec Mason, inseparable childhood friends and neighbors, had wanted to go to the same college. Had planned t...
9.6K 436 52
Apollo Quinn wants nothing to do with Nicolas Young. While 5 years ago, the two had been best friends, nowadays they live across the country from one...
Seasons By sunah

Teen Fiction

15K 259 48
"I'll always be here, you know that, Rose." Insta-love something I dread but something I crave... Azariah D'Amore BH University's second most talked...