Back-Up Plan - Book 3 - S.E.

By OneandOnlyElla

"What's up, blogosphere? Jacob Ben Israel here, back on the street with an exclusive look at McKinley's newes... More

The New Rachel
Britney 2.0
Make over
The break-up
The role you were born to play
Glease
Dynamic Duets
Thanksgiving
Swan song
Glee, actually
Sadie Hawkins
Naked
Diva
I do
Girls (and boys) on film
Feud
Guilty pleasures
Wonder-ful
All or nothing
Tina in the sky with diamonds
A Katy or a Gaga
Movin' out
City of angels
100
New Directions
Thank you + Important note

Love, love, love

554 28 27
By OneandOnlyElla

"I don't think we've ever spent two weeks on an assignment, Mr. Schue." Tina said, as Mr. Schue smiled, clearly excited as he turned to look at the kids.

"Hey, the Beatles are so epic that we need two weeks to do them justice." Mr. Schue said and, for the first time in a while, Winnie actually agreed with him. "This week is all about the early years of the Beatles, when all they had was a belief in each other and a belief that together they could do anything."

"The school year seems like it's never ending, and now we're wasting two whole weeks on a band from the 1940s?" Kitty asked, clearly not on board with this Beatles lesson. "Seriously, can anyone still relate to the Beatles?"

"Pretty much the entire world." Jake said.

"Yeah, I can definitely still relate." Ryder nodded.

"Why?" Kitty scoffed. "Were the Beatles dyslexic and cat-fished by transsexuals?"

"And you wonder why everybody hates you." Tina said.

"When George Harrison was a kid, he was made fun of 'cause his dad was the bus driver." Marley said.

"John Lennon's dad wasn't even around." Jake added. "He walked out of John's life when he was five."

"I don't really know the Beatles..." Unique admitted, quietly. "I'm a little on the black side."

"And Ringo Starr was a sickly little kid, which probably means he was sitting down a lot." Artie said.

"And they decided to form a band. Which changed the world." Mr. Schue nodded. "Now, you guys are really gonna have to challenge yourselves this week. Bring your a-plus games. Perform these classic songs in new and exciting ways. If we can push ourselves to a whole new level, like the Beatles did constantly, we can win back-to-back National championships and form a New Directions dynasty."

***

"I swear to God, if you try to win me one of those cheesy stuffed animals, Sam Evans..."

"Oh, come on..." Sam pouted playfully, tugging Winnie by the hand to bring her away from the little roller-coasters and toward the little game stands in the fair that all of the New Directions had decided to go to. "Just one."

"No." Winnie rolled her eyes, even if she couldn't really hide her little smile at Sam's insistence in staying by her the whole night.

"Please?"

"No."

"Come on." Sam insisted. "If you let me win you a little prize, I'll go with you in one of those roller-coasters you like so much."

"You hate roller-coasters." Winnie said.

"But I like you." Sam argued. "So, if you want to go, I'll go with you."

"But for that, I need to let you win me one of those stuffed animals?"

"That's the deal."

"What if you can't?"

"What do you mean?" Sam scoffed, pretending to be offended causing Winnie to giggle. "Of course I'll win. I have pretty good aim."

"Well, doesn't mean much." Winnie shrugged. "Those games are rigged anyway."

"They're not rigged." Sam shook his head.

"Yes, they are." Winnie frowned. "I never win anything at it."

"And just because you don't win, it means it's rigged?"

"That's... That's not what I meant." Winnie mumbled, finally realizing how that must have sounded and crossing her arms over her chest when she noticed Sam's smirk growing when an opportunity for him to make fun of her appeared. "I just mean... I've tried those a hundred times before, trying to win my sisters a unicorn or pink bear or something, but it never worked on my favor."

"Well, I'm about to prove you wrong." Sam smirked a little, causing Winnie to scoff a laugh as she squinted her eyes at Sam.

"Are you?"

"Yes." He nodded. "And we can make this even more interesting for the both os us."

"Okay." Winnie nodded. "I'm listening."

"Let's make a bet." Sam started, causing Winnie to raise an eyebrow, already interested in whatever it was that Sam was about to offer her. "I get five chances in those games. If you're wrong and I win at least one stuffed animal for you, you'll go with me in ferris wheel."

"Really?" Winnie rolled his eyes as Sam nodded, rather proud of himself. "Is that the prize you want?"

"Yes." He nodded. "That's the prize I want."

"Fine." She nodded her head then. "If you win, I'll go in the ferris wheel with you."

"And I get a picture of us when we get to the top."

"That's just a lot, don't you think?" Winnie asked, as Sam shrugged.

"That will be my prize." He decided. "Take it or leave it."

"Fine." Winnie gave in. "If you win one of those stupid games - which I doubt you will, I'll go to the Ferris wheel with you and we'll take a picture together up top."

"Great."

"But when I win?" Winnie teased.

"If you win..." Sam corrected her, as the girl just laughed. "If you win and I don't win you any prize after my five chances in the any of those games, I'll ride every single roller-coaster in this place with you."

"Every one?" Winnie asked, her eyes sparkling at the mere idea of going to the roller-coasters with Sam. So much so that Sam was about 90% he would end up going in the damned rides even if he lost the damn bet. "Even the big green one?"

"Oh..." Sam groaned, looking around him toward the big scary green roller-coaster behind him before sighed. "Fine. Even the big green one."

"Okay." Winnie nodded, suddenly excited as Sam rolled his eyes with a chuckle. "Okay, let's do this then. And you should start prepping yourself, my dude, because you're about to have your bones shaken by those roller-coasters in a second."

"I truly hope I'm not." Sam mumbled, shaking his head and praying to whatever god was out there to hear him that he didn't actually have to go in the crazy roller-coasters Winnie seemed to enjoy so much because truly, he didn't want to die just yet even if the fact that Winnie hadn't pulled away from him when he reached for her hand as they walked had him feeling as close to heaven as he had ever felt before in his whole life.

***

"Okay, listen up, everybody." Mr. Schue said, walking into the choir room with Blaine close behind him. "Come on. Blaine has a very special announcement to make."

"That's right." Blaine smiled, standing in the middle of the room to start his announcement. "So, as most of you know already, hum, Kurt and I are officially back together, but what most of you don't know, and this is top secret, is that I'm going to ask Kurt to marry me."

"I'm sorry." Winnie coughed, in surprise. "You what now?"

"Guys, come on!" Sam stood up from his seat beside Winnie's, nudging her quietly, clearly trying to be supportive of his best friend. "Get up! Come on, guys! He's my best friend. Gay marriage... Good. It's good, it's good things. They're all happening so fast. Let's go!"

"Sam, not now." Blaine mumbled, trying to get the attention of the conversation back to him. "Anyway, I want this proposal to be just incredible, so I'm asking for all of your help, but I'm also asking for some of our competitors' help. Like the warblers and vocal adrenaline and the Haverbrook school for the deaf."

"Vocal adrenaline?" Unique scoffed. "No, ma'am."

"The warblers are evil incarnate little craps." Ryder said.

"Are you crazy?" Tina protested, standing up from her seat to walk up to Blaine instead. "Are you insane? Good God, have you lost your mind?"

"Tina, everybody..." Sam said, trying to defuse the sudden tension in the room. "Hear him out."

"Look, I want this to be more than just an ordinary proposal." Blaine said. "I want this to be a cultural statement."

"Sure you do." Winnie rolled her eyes.

"Hey, our generation is at a turning point." Blaine protested. "People everywhere... Except, like, Russia... Are beginning to see that it doesn't matter who you are or where you're from or even what God you believe in. They're beginning to see that people really aren't all that different. And honestly, if we can get a bunch of cutthroat show choirs to stand side-by-side and unite in something, then anything is possible."

"That's so dramatic." Winnie shook her head.

"Okay, okay, but Blaine is just using the world of rival glee clubs as a metaphor for this incredible time we're in right now." Artie said, causing Blaine to nod as Winnie sighed.

"And I totally get that." She said. "But asking Kurt to marry you? You just got back together. And let me remind you, you're still in high school, Blaine. There are other ways to show the world you are in a committed relationship other than marriage."

"Yeah? Like what?"

"Like updating your facebook status?" Winnie asked, exasperated. "Or... I don't know... Adopting a pet cactus together or something?"

"Look, I know you're all averse to people getting married..."

"Especially children."

"But..." Blaine continued, choosing to ignore Winnie's comment in favor of his own happiness. "Will you still help me propose to him?"

"Oh, God..." Winnie groaned when she noticed everyone was staring at her, especially Blaine, who had a hand extended out toward her. With a sigh, Winnie grabbed Blaine's hand in hers. "You're so gonna make me regret this..."

***

"Okay, guys, week one of our Beatles fest has been epic." Mr. Schue said, during their next glee meeting. "I think we've really unpacked what made the fab four such a instant sensation, but now I want to turn to their oft-ignored middle period."

"Mr. Schue?" Tina asked, standing up from er seat as she moved to stand in the middle of the room. "Would you say that the early Beatles looked out for each other even when they didn't want to be looked out for?"

"Oh, God, no." Artie mumbled, clearly aware of what was going on, unlike anyone else in the room.

"If I understand your question, Tina, yes." Mr. Schue said. "The early Beatles always had each other's backs."

"In that case, I'm sorry, Artie, but this is for your own good." Tina announced. "Everyone, Kitty and Artie are dating, but Kitty's making Artie hide it because she's embarrassed by him, and I think that's emotional abuse. Artie is a great guy, and he deserves to be loved openly and proudly and without conditions."

At that, everyone just turned to look at Kitty, surprised, but the blonde girl just shrugged, unbothered.

"For once we agree." She said, standing up from her own chair as well. "It's true. Arthur and I are dating."

"We are?" Artie asked. "Officially?"

"And for the record... And not that it's anyone's business, especially not yours, Tina Cohen-agitator... I did want to keep it hush-hush." Kitty continued, ignoring Artie's question.

"Because you were ashamed." Tina accused.

"Yes, memoirs of a lame geisha, because I occupy a certain place in the McKinley hierarchy, and you all occupy a different, lesser place in that hierarchy, and before exploding said hierarchy by jumping up and down on Oprah's couch, declaring my undying love for someone who is, let's face it, not my usual body type... I wanted to be sure."

"Of what?"

"That I really, really liked him." Kitty said, Winnie biting her lip quietly, identifying with her speech even if just a little bit. "And that I would be willing to risk not just my social standing but also getting hurt by letting him wheel into my heart. And even though I know he's getting ready to graduate, and we're probably just as doomed as every other sad, broken, backwards relationship that's ever started in this Jesus-and love-forsaken choir room..."

"Kurt and I will have a happy ending." Blaine insisted.

"But I do like you, Artie." Kitty continued, choosing to ignore Blaine's comment. "You make me laugh, and not just with those stupid YouTube fail videos you're always showing me. Look, asking you to keep our stuff private wasn't cool, and I'm sorry."

"It's okay, Kitty." Artie smiled. "But, hum, as far as, like, updating my Facebook status..."

"Yes." Kitty nodded. "We are officially, publicly, shockingly a thing."

***

The boys had invited Tina and the girls to the auditorium claiming they had a performance for them and, after singing their renditions of Saw her standing there to Tina, all dressed up in costumes to resemble the 60's group, it was time to explain why they had done all of this in the first place.

"That was awesome." Tina smiled. "But I don't understand what it was for."

"Well, we saw how lonely you've been lately." Blaine said. "And since we're the only single guys left in glee club... And by single, we mean single prom dates... We just wanted to offer our services as dance partner or corsage buyer or just general arm candy for the big dance."

"Yeah, so you can pick one. And it's your choice." Jake said. "Obviously I'm excluded."

"Well, it's hard to pick." Tina said, looking around the stage as she stepped up on it toward the boys. "Ryder has arms and Blaine is my boo, but I think I'll go with Sam, because he's the least gay and least Asian of all of you and I'm looking to change my patterns. Seriously, though... Thank you, guys. I really needed this."

And, with that, everyone cheered and clapped for Tina and the boys, Winnie biting her lip to stop herself from frowning too much as she watched Sam hugging Tina who was clearly pleased with her new prom date.

The prom date that, secretly, she had been expecting would have been hers this year.

***

Blaine had, of course, decided to go through with his plan to propose to Kurt, so, there they were, New Directions - current and old ones -, vocal adrenaline, warblers and Haverbrook all reunited at Dalton as Blaine waited for Kurt at the foot of the stairs.

"We met right here." Blaine started his speech as soon as the song was over and Kurt was standing right in front of him. "I took this man's hand, and we ran down that hallway... And for those of you that know me, know I'm not in the habit of taking people's hands I've never met before, but... I think that my soul knew something that my body and my mind didn't know yet. It knew that our hands were meant to hold each other, fearlessly and forever. Which is why it's never really felt like I've been getting to know you; it's always felt like I was remembering you from something. As if in every lifetime that you and I have ever lived, we have chosen to come back and find each other and fall in love all over again, over and over for all eternity. And I just feel so lucky that I found you so soon in this lifetime, because all I want to do, all-all I've ever wanted to do... Is spend my life loving you. So... Kurt Hummel... My amazing friend, my one true love... Will you marry me?"

"Yeah." Kurt nodded, not a second of hesitation between Blaine's question and his answer as everyone cheered and clapped for the newly-engaged couple. "Yeah, I will."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 105 17
'I feel like my guardian angel went out for a smoke,' open for info!!! ... Life is one of the things Zoe Blanc doesn't seem to be very good at. Yes...
44.6K 1.3K 13
So Finn had asked the older kids to come and help him prep the glee kids for Sectionals and, of course, everyone was on board. "All right, do you rea...
68K 2.2K 94
Blake Henley tries to navigate her way through high school. All she knows is that one day she wants to be on the big screen, but has no idea how to g...
30K 667 20
-------- ๐‘ช๐’Š๐’ˆ๐’‚๐’“๐’†๐’•๐’•๐’†๐’” ๐’๐’–๐’• ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’˜๐’Š๐’๐’…๐’๐’˜- TV girl "๐–๐ž'๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ฆ๐จ๐จ๐ง๐ฅ๐ข๐ญ ๐ง๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ๐ฌ ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ซ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ž๐ฆ๐ฉ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐๐ž๏ฟฝ...