Let Me Fly You

Oleh zahratusSahara

She thought it was love, for what she felt screw deep into her heart, she was lost into the world of fantasy... Lebih Banyak

Author's note|copywrite
2:Disappointment
3:Dirty game
4:Fears and past
5:Home
6:Square zero
7:A blend of love
8:A strike of bliss

1:Him Again

30 7 4
Oleh zahratusSahara

"And they love wealth with abounding love, that is to say greatly and so they do not expend"

Lagos, Nigeria

Drained.

Her gaze stared further at the magnificent view before her which entails the banana island and the busy road ahead, she looked down at her empty sketching book and pen, and a new idea rushed into her head like a wave and just like that she found herself sketching it down while sipping the black tea she made with a small almost invisible smile on her face.

That's what works for her, a view, tea, pen, and boom ideas will start rushing, that's why she moved her study table close to her large size window that has a magnificent view of the beautiful banana island.

"Zahra Turaki!" It was her sister—khayri, that was calling.

Her face that was devoid of any emotion flickered to her elder twin siblings who were both holding a traveling bag.

"Na'am" Came her calm voice with a curt reply before her gaze flickered back to her sketch.

"Seriously?" this time around it was Yaya Adeel.

Yaya khayri came further dragging her twin with her squeezing them all into a group hug.

They all sensed the plainness of Zahra's embrace which was as dry as a leaf in a fall season, it was plain and void of any warmth.

Not really expecting much from her but neither did they expect this dry welcome.

The love they have for their sister was clear and transparent as a polished glass but they hate her nonchalant attitude, this wasn't who she was but the world and its cruelty changed her into such.

The world and its cruelty were what changed her.

And for such reasons, they always try to excuse her attitude.

Knees weakened, they dragged their feet out of the room each with a prayer in mind, as yet another new seed of hope planted itself in their minds.

^*^*^

Trudging out of the en-suite with only a bathrobe and a towel secured on her head in a turban style, her gaze flickered to where she heard a little shuffling only to meet Nina's her assistant and also a friend at the other end of her room which she labeled as her private lounge.

Noticing that the lady before her had no intention to talk, she raised one of her arched brow in question.

"You have a meeting with your doctor in the next thirty minutes boss, and I'd been calling your phone but I wasn't able to reach you" came Nina's formal reply.

Zahra wondered how Nina was very straightforward with her while others including her family are always cowering around her.

Maybe she was portrayed as a beast and maybe not.

But then they had no ounce of fear for her.

She didn't push them away because she hated them but instead to guard herself.

She dismissed her with a wave of hand and trudged into her closet.

Like always she got dressed in a plain black abaya with the veil rolled into a hijab and a black niqab that covered her face leaving only her large doe eyes opened.

This is the same dressing that made the outside world hate her but she's not stopping for anyone.

Let them curse,

But she's not exposing her body, not again.

Not ever!

She's still paying for that mistake.

That one blind mistake changed her life forever.

She cringed as the thought once again tried to steal the little peace of mind she had managed to secure.
******

Stepping out of her doctor's office, she matched to the parking lot.

A guard whom her father forced her to go with was quick to open the back door of the car for her which made her gaze which was a blend of blaze and ice snap towards him.

They knew she hated this.

She hated anything that would make her look like a superior. She was nothing but inferior, so little and so unworthy, that was what she was told.

And she hated anything that would make the spotlight on her. but unfortunately, she's the spotlight herself and she hated it.

The well-guarded and huge man wasn't fazed by her glare, after all, they were used to it.

She was quick to close the door herself almost hitting his fingers with the door in the process.

"Madam that tin selling wey you say you wan attend dey hold now ooo, make una no let that bonanza pass you" Ado, the driver informed.

Ado's obsession with English still faze her, it's not as if she doesn't speak Hausa because but the young man is always looking for a reason to spurt his pidgin to her.

Thank Goodness he informed her, it almost escaped her mind, it's not as if she needed that space to have an addition to her wealth or build an empire.

No!

She's purchasing it for a reason best known to her.

"Ado juya motar muje venue din" came her calm response.

The parking space was almost full to the brim and they found it hard to park but they did nevertheless.

She slung her Dior envelope bag over her shoulders, adjusted her aiding glasses, and headed towards the entrance with the guard behind her. she didn't stop him from following her because she knew she needed him.

Not because she was afraid but because she needed a shield from the dark side of the outside world.

It has always been like that.

The place was full of elites, males and females with their heads held up like they owned the world, the air exploding with flames of opulence.

But her own head was down the total opposite of the rest of the attendees, she couldn't do it even if she wanted.

Though she knew she didn't want to be like them.

But there's always that human low-key feeling of wanting to feel among.

She brushed away the thought and muttered a silent istigfar in her mind.

"A wolf in sheep's clothing" the words echoed in her hearings as she passed another table full of young elites.

She knew she heard it right.

And it was her they were referring to.

Her mind cowered and a shiver ran down her spine like the socio phobic she is.

She thought she'd passed through that stage.

She thought she was over it!

Her legs match to an empty seat at an unnoticeable corner and place her tired self like always, staying under the radar to keep her sanity.

"Adnan Saraki of Saraki groups is willing to purchase it at 10mil, atop the 9mil that the previous contractor proposed" Her heart skipped a beat, or even many, she's not sure.

She heard the name right!

It was HIM AGAIN.

Her hand grasped the glass of water before her gulping it down to steady her unsteady beating heart.

Innalillahi wa inna ilaihi raji'un, la haula wala quwwata illa billah

She kept chanting in her mind, till she was calmer. she thought it'd be okay if not fine.

"Mati and sons will top it with 2mil, meaning they'll purchase it at 12mil," the announcer said again.

Adnan raised his hand once again and the mic was taken to him.

"I'll round this up by purchasing it at 15mil last" round of applause and chatters were heard.

Zahra asked her guard to get her the mic and he did it.

She typed in her phone and passed it to the guard.

"Zahra Turaki wishes to top it up and hereby will purchase it at the price of 20mil," her guard said making the whole place quiet.

But the most shaken among all is none but Adnan Sagir Saraki.

He started the game but she'll be the one to lead and show him how to play it best.

Assalamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh🤍

Ya kuke?
Ya gida?
Ya yan house?

Manage please, it will get better with time Insha Allah

how's the chapter?

With love,
Zahratus sahara🦋

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

2.7K 616 23
There's a popular saying which says that destiny can only be delayed but can never be denied from being fulfilled.Good things often take time. Incase...
62.5K 1.4K 7
#1 on latest 22nd June 2020 #1 on action-thriller 24th June 2020 #1 on AfricansCommunity 24th June 2020 #6 on Arewa 18th June 2020 FANNA "I never tho...
529K 34.5K 100
5 ACE SERIES [ SECOND BOOK ] **** Have you ever thought about how far one would go for love? Curious to know then read further ---- **** She was tra...
591K 38.7K 67
She is model of innocence; He is anything but innocent. She sees the world in light; He only sees darkness. Her eyes speak volumes; His blue orbs ar...