The Other Side

By sunah-16

Every summer the girls rent out an airbnb that allows two other people to rent the other half. Everytime they... More

BYR | CHARACTER AESTHETICS
Dedication
CHAPTER ONE | Summer Break
CHAPTER TWO | Beach Haven's Four
CHAPTER THREE | Memories
CHAPTER FOUR | That Way
CHAPTER FIVE | Distant
CHAPTER SIX | Driving Myself Insane
CHAPTER EIGHT | Not a Mistake
CHAPTER NINE | Family
CHAPTER TEN | Fool
CHAPTER ELEVEN | The two A's
CHAPTER TWELVE | Flatline
CHAPTER THIRTEEN | My Rock
CHAPTER FOURTEEN | Seasons
CHAPTER FIFTHTEEN | Wet
CHAPTER SIXTEEN |When The Rain Stops
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN | Slow Dancing
CHAPTER EIGHTTEEN | Admit it
CHAPTER NINETEEN | That Kind of Love
CHAPTER TWENTY | Eyes Off You
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE | A's Bake Show
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO | One week and Two days
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE | Our Story
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR | Brave
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE | Unfinished Business
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX | Take My Hand
EPILOGUE 1 | Forever Stuck With Me
EPILOGUE 2 | Cherry Blossom Season
Thank you!

CHAPTER SEVEN | Party

6K 105 69
By sunah-16

K A T A L I N A N A I

"A man that knows of all your sadness and sleeps... doesn't deserve your love at all..."

Athena and Azariah were the ones who suggested we have a party, since-- everything feels so tense. And I was the one to deliver the message to Kylo.

I sit at the island table, Azariah and Athena stand on the other side staring me down.

"Are you sure you're good, babe?" Athena questions.

"Yeah I am, I'm just tired from the picnic."

She hums in response, Azariah slides over his glass of water, "Drink up buttercup."

"Shut up." But I drink the water anyways.

I just feel so drained, like was it me? Was I the reason he just got up, and just walked away?

Is there something wrong with me?

Pushing away those thoughts, "Let's go to the store and buy stuff for the party, were gonna need a lot of shit."

"Damn right we are!" Athena grins.

Now the real question is, Is Kylo coming? I mean we've all been giving him the silent treatment.

"Ah-ah-ah, I know what you're thinking, Lina." Azariah pauses, "He- is- not- coming. I don't care, he was being a bitch to me too, he deserves it for right now."

We're at the local grocery store, Kylo is at the house. The view in front of me is, Athena pushing Azariah in a shopping cart. Athena struggles to push Azariah, "Dude your so fat!"

"Am not!"

"Guys be quiet, everyones looking." I comment, grabbing two bags of solo cups.

"Let them, we look great." Athena replies.

"Kay, well get your asses over here and help me, please."

Azariah jumps out of the cart, he salutes to me, "Yes, ma'am!"

I snort, "Thanks."

Not even seconds later and the cart is filled to the brim with snacks, drinks, juices, cups.

Athena smacks Azariah's head, making him jerk forward. "Shut up." She sticks out her tongue.

He rubs the back of his head, "You hit hard, you should like box."

"Let's go pay." I comment, smiling at the two. "But like, do we even need this much stuff?" I question, like seriously this is helluva a lot of shit.

As we walk they still bicker and say random shit to each other, but Athena finds the second to reply to me.

"Obvi," Athena drags the 'I,' "Hella people are gonna be inhaling this shit like air." She says placing some of the snacks onto the conveyer belt.

I hum in response, walking up to the cashier and pulling out my wallet. Until I stumble over, from Azariah pushing me out of the way with his fat ass.

I catch my wallet, "Azariah D'Amore! I almost dropped my wallet."

"But-" He says pausing, "You didn't and that's all that matters, and I am- paying."

He turns away from me, placing his card on top of the pin pad. "Alright lets head to the car, and pack up."

Athena pushes the cart, before speaking to me. "Remember, Lina. Have fun, alright?"

"I'll try." I smile.

This summer feels like shit already, but I can't let that ruin my summer.

As Athena drives, the windows are down. The music blasts throughout the car, wind flows. Everyones singing, watching as the sun sets, Azariah singing his heart out to Miley Cyrus 'Party in the USA.' Throwing his head back and forth.

"PARTY- IN- THE- UUU- SSS- AAA." He screams, not sings. "Gotta love Miley, she created some bangers."

"Yes, yes she did." I laugh, when he starts singing again.

"Alright help me bring all of this up, you guys." Athena says parking the car.

"Oh? We're home?" Azariah questions confused.

"Yes you were too busy having a concert." She replies.

I wheeze.

But stop, once I see a figure out of the corner of my eye.

"I'll help." He says walking over, brushing past me.

Azariah mumbles a 'okay.'

"Rose, did you text everyone in the area?"

"Yeah I did, don't worry." She waves her hand, "I got you."

Doesn't he have the same desperation to want to talk about what happened? Or is it just me, only me.

God it makes me frustrated, I just- can't.

It's driving me insane, but it doesn't matter because I just push through. And I'll keep pushing through.

I two can keep the distance.

And it's so fucking funny, because we just met. But, does it matter?

It's now 9p.m, I'm in a red fitted dress. It ends above my knees, my hair is just down nothing too special. Athena wears a black dress, it tugs to her body perfectly. She rocks the fucking dress. I stand by the island, holding a red solo cup filled with some beer.

"Girl get over here!" She waves her hand, grabbing my shoulders. "Let loose a little bit?"

I raise my cup in front of her face, "I am."

"Yeah with one cup of beer, you haven't mingled."

Our house is filled to the brim, people fill the first floor, the balcony, the backyard. You name it, music blasts throughout the house, the bass making it vibrate each time. The lights are red, blue, green, etc. Some of our friends are here and they brought their friends and their friends brought more.

Fucking fantastic.

"Fine, I'll mingle."

"Atta girl." Athena says pushing me away.

I enter the living-room, bringing the cup up to my lips. Taking a sip of the nasty drink that sits in my hand. "Hey!" I shout through the music.

"Oh my god! Hey girl!" My friend from around the area, she pulls me into a hug. "This is one helluva party girlfriend. And you look fucking gorgeous."

"Stop," I shake my head smiling. "Same goes for you, babe." She wears a gold two piece, with gems, that reflect against the strobe lights.

Music pumps through my ears, making it hard for me to hear. So I bid my goodbyes and walk back over to the kitchen getting something else to drink.

"Hey." A familiar voice comments, Erik.

I turn my head over, holding the punch mixed with alcohol. "Who invited you?"

"Wow, rude much?" He laughs, "My girl heard from a friend and I came with, does that satisfy you?"

"Sure." Is all I say before he goes up to my ear, his hot breath hitting my neck. "You always smelt so good, the one good thing about dating you for a year. So fucking good."

"Fuck off Erik, you have a girlfriend. Go tend to her, and get the fuck off me."

"Feisty, I like it." He grins.

"Enough bro, take your funky ass breath else where alright?"

Erik groans in frustration and stomps his ass away.

I sigh, and take another sip. "Thanks, Amore."

"Anytime, Lina bear." He chuckles, "You enjoying yourself so far?"

"Yeah I'm alright nothing serious."

"Good." He says taking a quick sip of my drink. "Ew, nasty. I gotta get me something stronger."

"Go on then, head ass."

"Oh fuck off."

"Never, " I laugh. "I'm gonna find Kylo, I haven't seen him at all. You know where he's at?"

He thinks a moment before speaking, "Past everyone dancing, I think he's on the couch talking to someone. I'm not sure."

"Alright thanks, boo-boo."

"Hey, none of that shit." He says pouring himself a drink

"Hell nah, bye boo-boo." I say waving my hand, turning away from him. Knowing he flipped me off.

I push through the sweaty swaying bodies, getting pushed left and right. I say hi to a few more friends, in between. God it smells.

Until I reach the living-room, I scan the couch. Seeing a few girls who are unfamiliar, laugh and talk. And I look to the other side, seeing a girl on top of someones lap. Her arms wrap around the guys neck, her fingers interwoven in his hair. His face is covered by her mouth, so I don't know who it is.

Gross, I walk over to the balcony. And I don't see him.

Turning my head around again, I try and focus on the living-room. Azariah said he saw him here, I don't know if the alcohol is getting to me. But for the life of me I can't see shit, all these colors are messing with me.

Athena finds me after awhile, she swings her arms over my shoulders. Giving me a kiss on the cheek, "You look buzzed as hell, my love."

"I feel like it." I yell over the music. "You seen Kylo?"

She turns us over and points towards the 'couple' on the couch.

"That's him? Are you sure?"

"Argh, I think? I mean he's got brown hair."

"Are you drunk?" I question.

"No, Katalina. I am not, oh- fuck." She pauses, "Is that him? I haven't seen him like talk to anyone or I haven't seen him at all."

I look over at the couple again, seeing the girl grind herself against him, her skirt riding up her thigh.

Athena cups my face in her hands, "Don't look, it's fucking disgusting. But I don't think it's him." She comments, "I hope so. Let's grab Azariah for confirmation?"

I nod, I don't care right now.

Azariah stands outside, with a few other people. "Hey Amore, help us see if this guy is Kylo."

"Alright, bring me." He puts his hands out.

"Downed your drink already?" I grin.

"Fuck yeah, it was good."

Athena points to the couch. "Him."

"Uh I can't see shit, you think I'd know? I mean they're kissing."

"No shit, go check."

He points to himself, "You want me to just get in their faces and see if it's Kylo's?" He mentions, "I would, but what if it's a random guy? Hell to the no."

"Please Amore, do It for me." Athena whines. "At least for Lina."

He groans, "This is so weird, you owe me, alright?"

"Anything, you got it."

Fuck this is weird, but all I wanted was to have a conversation with Kylo. I wanted to see if he was having fun, how he felt about the party. Nothing serious, I don't want things to be awkward you know.

Fuck the alcohol is talking, not awkward my ass.

Azariah hesitates before hovering over the two, he goes to the side of their faces. His expression not changing, until he sees who it is.

And it makes me feel queasy, I feel sick and scared.

Why should I? We're not dating, we're not together, we're friends. And that's it.

What I didn't expect was Azariah to push the guys shoulder, making him and the girl detach their lips from each other. "Dude are you serious?"

Please don't let it be him.

The girl jumps in surprise, she tries and jumps out of the guys lap. But the guy grips her hips and makes her stay.

"Azariah?" His voice deep and husky.

Fuck no.

"Hell yeah it's me, and two other girls." He points over to where Athena and I stand. I nervously take a sip of my drink.

To be clear I'm a slow drinker, and it's benefiting me right now.

My eyes reach Kylo's as soon as he looks around the dirty-blonde haired chick.

I nod my head at him, keeping myself in check.

His expression doesn't change, he just looks at me then Athena. He doesn't nod back.

"Nothing."

To be serious, it makes myself feel like shit. To think that he kissed me not too long ago, and now he has some girl on his lap? Shit.

A guy you started to like, has another girl on his fucking lap. I mean we're not together he has the right, but we didn't even talk.

"And I never confronted him."

A hand lands on my lower back, Athena looks at me and gives me a faint smile. The strobe lights hitting her face every so often, dyeing her hair multiple colors, then going back to blonde.

I focus my attention on Kylo and Azariah, Azariah shakes his head and walks away. Sending Athena and I a apologetic look. Kylo and I stare at each other before he looks at the girl again, cupping her face in his hands. Bringing her lips back to his, giving her his attention, his undivided attention.

"I wanted his undivided attention."

My heart stops.

This isn't the time for memories to resurface, not now. Erik the man himself is here.

He grips her thighs with his hands, creating a mark. He picks her up, lips still attached to hers, he walks through the crowd of people. Passing Athena and I, disappearing into the hall with the girl who was grinding on his dick not even a few seconds ago.

Athena squeezes my back, in reassurance.

I tip my head back swallowing every last drop of the drink.

"Baby, I'm gonna go find someone to mingle with."

She looks at me with worry but quickly hides it.

"Are you sure Lina?"

"Positive."

She nods. "I'll be with Azariah."

I walk with her into the kitchen, grabbing another drink. Then disappearing into the crowd of people, I dance with the cup in my hand. Slowly swaying my hips from side to side, someone grips my hips and grinds themself against me. Earned it, plays in the background.

I turn around to see a ginger-haired boy, pretty eyes, pretty features. Don't mind me if I do, I turn around throwing my arms around his neck. "What's your name, pretty boy?"

"Nate." He grins.

"Well, Nate. I'm Katalina, nice to meet you."

"Likewise, beautiful."

We dance for a few more minutes, before our lips land on each other. Tongues dancing, breathes mixing. God this alcohol is doing me a favor.

He's a good kisser.

I pant, "Let's take this to my room?"

"Lead the way, babe."

I grab his hand, and interwind our fingers. Leading him towards our side.

"And with that I walk out the door."

Athena, waves and smiles.

I send her a wink.

Gotta let loose once and awhile right?

If Kylo wants to have fun, then so can I.

If he doesn't wanna talk, then I don't either.

Simple as that.

I won't wait around for someone who doesn't want me. For someone who seems to not care.

•─────·☾ ☽⋅─────•

A/N: AYYYYYY, if your new. Welcome, how are you. If not, welcome back. I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and I hope it was something. I don't know if this was good, or not. But shit we're going in deeper into the other side.

Thinking about my title, it goes different ways lol. The other side as in the other side of the house, and deeper into the other side of their stories. Dude I'm low-key a god.

I hate school, I for real hate it. Save me y'all.

Follow their instagram: @/beachhavens4

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6M 116K 41
You've got one boy. One girl. One pretty little lie. A perfect relationship. The perfect boyfriend. The perfect girlfriend. The perfect dates. The pe...
532 7 51
"This was just supposed to be summer fun. That was what we agreed on." I tried to talk to him as he was vigorously shaking his head, tearing his gaze...
365K 12.2K 39
"𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒏 π’˜π’‰π’š π’…π’†π’π’š π’Šπ’•? 𝑰 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 π’ˆπ’Šπ’“π’π’” π’šπ’π’– π’•π’‰π’Šπ’π’Œ 𝑰'π’Ž π’Žπ’Šπ’”π’”π’Šπ’π’ˆ 𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒐𝒏, 𝑰...
74.6K 2.5K 37
Semi - edited "Don't get too comfortable hanging out with me, don't want you falling in love with me or something." "Some may think you're the one fa...