The Missing Pieces

By LaurenWhitley1

Something happens to Pentatonix that leaves the group with numerous injuries, Mitch's being the worst. What h... More

The Accident
Who?
Back at It!
Aye
Getting It Out
Hai
Making Changes?
Sorry Not a Chapter
Please Accept Me...
Help...
Talk It Out
Mitchie
Turn of Events
Solution
Pain
Confession
The Road to Recovery
Something Special
Hello and Goodbye?
On The Road Again...Again
Superfruit?
No.
It's Over
FLIPSIND OUSHYT
Conflict
Touring Again
Connect
New Cover????
Why?/Speech.
:))
Q and S L A Y
N O T E
Who I Am.
Caught.
????
Child.
Problems.
The Confrontation.
The Last Chapter
Sequel!
Sequel is Up!

Free Day!

571 31 15
By LaurenWhitley1

A/N: Hey y'all! So my mom is going to start taking my phone and iPad at 9:00 for some reason so I won't be able to write at night anymore unless I write in my notebook.

I'll write after school and stuff so worry not children.

Ily.

!|^|*!~<|*\¥\+!]%{^|£>|%*]£]=\~%\

*Scott's POV*

I walk into Sam's room the next morning. "I got you some Bojangles."

I look over at her to see her crying.

"Sam! Sam, what's wrong?" I rush to her side.

She takes my hand. "It's gone, Scott. It's gone!"

"What's gone? Calm down."

"The cancer," She stops crying and smiles. "It's gone! I can get out of here! I'm a good actress, right?"

"Sam! That's great! And yes, you and me scared!" I say and hug her. "You have no idea how excited I am right now."

"Yeah, it's great! Just, the chemo made me lose my hair. Did you bring food?" She says.

"Wow way to be happy about the fact that you don't have a life-threatening disease now. And of course. Your favorite." I say and give her her food.

"Yassss. I'm getting tired of hospital food."

"I bet you are. So, we have a day off today so I was wondering if you wanted to do something?" I say and sit on her bed.

"Sure! What should we do?"

"I don't know. Where do you wanna go?" I ask.

"Well...I love the Discovery Place (shoutout). It's a really cool museum here."

"Do they have nerdy science-y stuff?"

"Of course. And Mitch is coming too." I say as Mitch walks in.

"Hey Mitch!"

Hey Sam. How are you feeling?

"Better."

Good.

"Yeah. I'm so glad you're doing better. So when do you wanna go? Mitch has speech later." I say.

"I guess we can go on a few. It's best to get out early." Sam says.

"Okay. Is it okay that you leave? You just had surgery..."

"Of course it's not okay. I just wanna get out of here." She retorts.

I give her a look. "I feel like I should be a responsible adult here and say no, but I'm not a responsible adult, so let's go!"

"Yay! Okay, can you hand me that bag?" She points to a large bag in the corner.

I hand her the bag and she gets some clothes out.

"Thanks. Now leave so I can get ready. But help me up?" She says and I carefully sit her up.

"Thank you." She says and Mitch and I walk out.

"I'm still scared, Mitch." I say in a hushed voice.

Scott, she will be fine.

"I know, it's just, she hasn't been out in a while. What if something happens or-?"

"I'm ready!" She opens her door.

"Yay! Do we need to get a nurse or someone to help with busting you out of here?" I ask and get a wheelchair.

"I don't wanna get a nurse but yeah. They're too nice and baby-ish." She says and presses the call button.

A nurse comes in about a minute later.

"Is everything alright sweetie?"

She was right: her thick southern accent and soft spoken voice is a little childish.

"Yes, I just need a wheelchair. I'm going out today."

"Okay, sweetie. I'll go get you one. Be right back." The nurse says with that annoying smile.

"Are you sure you can go out? I mean, you just had surgery." I say.

"Yeah. I've had surgery before. They didn't really even cut me open." Sam shrugs and the nurse returns with a wheelchair.

"Here you go, sweetie." The nurse says and leaves us alone.

"Can you help with my IV pole?" She asks, untangling the wires.

"Yeah, of course." I say and carefully push her IV pole alongside her wheelchair as we walk.

"I'm probably gonna get in trouble with the floor nurse, but that's okay. It's my room nurse's fault anyway." Sam says.

"I don't want you to get in trouble." I say and press the elevator button.

"They won't do anything. They might ground me, though."

"That can do that?"

"If you're under 18 and basically live here with no parent, like me, yeah. They take away your privilege to go outside and do "group activities" or whatever. It sucks." She explains.

"Wow. That does suck." I say and get off the elevator.

"Wait!" Sam says and I come to a halt. "I have to bring a nurse. Just in case. I'll ask Kelly. She's really nice."

Sam gets out her phone and calls who I assume is Kelly, and a few minutes later a short woman with blonde hair walks out of the elevator.

"Hi Kelly! This is Scott and Mitch." Sam introduces us.

"Hi guys! I'm Kelly. Huge fan." She says with a slight southern accent.

"Nice to meet you." I say.

We start walking to the car again. We have a black van with tinted windows for all of our protection.

It might be a risk going out today, but anything for Sam.

Kelly helps Sam into the car and I put her wheelchair in the back.

"So where are we going?" Kelly asks once we get situated.

"The Discovery Place." Sam says.

"Ooh, I love The Discovery Place!" Kelly says.

"We're nerds and I love it." Sam says and picks up her phone.

Except me I'm dumb lol.

"You're perfect hunty." Sam says.

I watch in the rear view mirror as Sam and Kelly laugh and we all joke around and just have a good time.

It's amazing how much better Sam looks when she's not laying up in a hospital bed.

I didn't think she could get any more happy.

When we arrive it takes us about ten minutes to get out of the car.

Once we finally get Sam in her wheelchair, we walk in the big doors.

I pay for all of us because why not?

Sam is dying to see the planet exhibit or whatever, so we go there first.

"And this is a representation of Mars..." I hear a tour guide.

"Want to go on a tour?" I ask and we all agree.

We catch up with the group.

I'm reading something about Jupiter when I hear Sam and the tour guide talking and using big words.

"Wow, she must be really intelligent." I say to Mitch.

Yeah. I've never even heard those words.

"She is very intelligent. When she does her schoolwork, she gets very high scores." Kelly says.

Sam wheels back over to us.

"I love planets." (I really like planets y'all)

"Same. What do you wanna see now?" I ask.

"Hm. Can we go over there? To the marker thing?" She asks, pointing to a giant contraption.

"Yeah," I say and we walk over. "So... What does this do... Exactly?" I ask and she laughs.

"It's cool. I'll show you. Can you hand me a marker?" She asks and I hand her a red marker.

"My favorite color! Thank you." She politely says and puts it in the thingamajig.

She pulls back this metal thing and the marker starts spinning all around on the paper, creating different shaped ovals.

"Wow! That's cool!" I say and hand her another color.

We switch colors a few times and then decide to go look at the fish.

There isn't a lot of people out today, mainly because of school and stuff.

"Hey, aren't you supposed to be doing schoolwork?" I ask and Sam shrugs.

"What? Schoolwork no..." She trails off.

I fake gasp. "You're lying. You are supposed to be in school. It's March."

"Dang, you caught me." She smirks.

"You're bad, skipping school."

"I was dying like, hm," She looks at her wrist like there's a watch. "3 days ago so..."

"Sassy."

"It's what I do. come on let's go look at the fish."

We go inside of the exhibit and feed some fish. We even got to touch some fish and it was really cool.

Wow I'm a nerd.

We eventually got some lunch.

Sam got a lot of junk since the hospital food is crappy.

"I bet that's really helping your health." I say and Sam shrugs.

"I'm not dying of lung disease and cancer anymore."

"I'm glad. Don't scare me like that." I say.

"Aw you care about me."

He sleeps with the doll or whatever you gave him.

I blush. "Mitchell is lying."

"Aww does wittle Scotty sleep with a bear?" Sam teases.

"Whatever." I say and go to throw away my stuff.

I hear them laughing.

I'm really glad she's okay.

"We have like two hours. Should we go see an IMAX movie?" Kelly suggests.

"Oh yeah, those are cool. Let's go!" Sam says.

We all walk a little ways to find the theater, but find it just before the movie started.

We get inside and it's like a huge dome with stars everywhere.

The seats are laid back and you watch a movie or presentation or whatever on the ceiling.

This one's about space.

It gets dark and all you can see are stars.

The movie shows planets and spaceships and everything.

I hear Sam talking with some person beside us about science stuff.

I smile at how happy she is.

When the movie was over about an hour later, we had an hour left before Sam had to be back at the hospital.

"So, why do you have to be back, exactly?" I ask.

"I have a test for Biology or something."

"Haha you're in school." I tease playfully.

"Haha I'm smarter than you."

"You're probably right. What else should we do?"

"Hm...we could go to the animal exhibit?" She suggests.

"Sure!" I say and whip her chair around fast.

"Omg Scott you're a rebel." Sam says and fixes her oxygen nubs.

We go see the animals and there are a lot of kids there.

I see Sam's face fall multiple times.

She seems to be getting tired, so we leave.

We arrive back at the hospital and it's just Sam, Mitch and I.

I offer to stay at the hospital with Sam for the night.

When Mitch leaves it's just Sam and I alone.

I sit beside her in a chair.

"Are you ready for your test?" I ask.

She looks at her phone. "Already took it. Passed."

"I knew you'd do great."

She doesn't answer.

After a few moments of silence I finally speak up.

"Are you ok?"

"Yeah. I'm fine."

"No you're not."

"Yes I am."

"No you're not."

"I am fine, Scott." She snaps and looks into my eyes.

"Please tell me what's wrong." I say softly.

She takes off her headscarf and pulls up her sleeves.

"I'm ugly."

"What? No you're not! Why would you ever think that?" I exclaim.

"I'm bald. My hair might not even grow back red. I have scars everywhere. And not just from chemo."

I let everything run through my mind.

"You cut..."

"That's not the point..." She says.

"Let me see them." I say.

"No."

"Now. I'm the adult here." I say in a firmer tone and she pulls back her sleeves a little farther.

"They're on my thighs too." She says, barely above a whisper.

I run my hand over her arms.

"Why?" I whisper.

"You wouldn't understand..."

I pull back my sleeves.

"Yes I would."

\}>!*¥•£!~|\?%^£++>}|,€^£¥=¥#}|>

Real deep real fast.

Writing again now omg yay.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.2K 624 19
Happiness. Something everyone wants and very few achieve. Mitch Grassi has finally found his happiness: Scott Hoying, his best friend and the love of...
566 25 41
[discontinued due to lack of inspiration and mo longer being in the fandom. Sorry] Fourth book in the Can't Say series. These past few months have be...
8.3K 373 13
What would happen if PTX were to split up? Could they end up getting back together or will one member's life altering event change that? The 1st book...
9.3K 390 24
Follow Pentatonix as the go through the scariest thing ever........ High school Mainly Kirstie's POV Will be better than description.