𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐕𝐈𝐗𝐄𝐍 ⌁ diego har...

By fathercoups

◊ ❝WHAT'S UP WITH THE SPANDEX? ARE YOU TRYING TO BE SPIDER-MAN?❞ ↳ ROSALEEN; THE VIXEN. Where Rosaleen goes... More

➵ epigraph
➵ cast
➵ prologue
➵ one
➵ two
➵ three
➵ four
➵ five
➵ six
➵ seven
➵ eight
➵ nine
note
➵ ten
➵ eleven
➵ twelve
➵ thirteen
➵ fourteen
➵ fifteen
➵ sixteen
➵ seventeen
➵ eighteen
➵ nineteen
➵ twenty
➵ twenty one
➵ twenty two
part two
➵ twenty three
➵ twenty four
➵ twenty five
➵ twenty six
➵ twenty seven
➵ twenty eight
➵ twenty nine
➵ thirty
➵ thirty one
➵ thirty two
➵ thirty three
➵ thirty four
➵ thirty five
➵ thirty six
➵ thirty seven
➵ thirty nine
➵ forty
➵ forty one
➵ forty two
➵ forty three
➵ forty four
➵ forty five
➵ forty six
➵ forty seven
part three

➵ thirty eight

3.2K 152 19
By fathercoups

"WHAT THE HELL SPANDEX? WERE YOU PLANNING TO TELL ME YOU WERE BEHIND ME AT SOME POINT?"

"I KNEW YOU WOULD SENSE ME."

Diego Hargreeves. November 12, 1963.

"ANOTHER APOCALYPSE?!" Vincent exclaimed, eyes wide.

Rosaleen nodded, "Yes, and we don't know what the cause of it will be this time, so.. We'll have to say our goodbyes now."

Luther blinked, "Woah, I think you're going too fast, Rosa. You're just dumping this onto Vincent all of a sudden.. I don't think—"

"What do you mean goodbyes?" Vincent raised an eyebrow, "I'm helping you guys."

"And what can you do to help?" Diego questioned, an amused eyebrow raised.

Vincent shrugged his shoulders, "I heard your last apocalypse was caused by your sister,"

"What? You'll go fight her?" Diego snorted, "Her powers will kill you in an instant. You don't stand a chance buddy."

Vincent blinked, "Well, I was going to say that since it was a person that caused an apocalypse, I can help keep an eye out and," he paused, growing sheepish, "Fight whoever it is or tackle them, I don't know, do whatever to stop them."

Diego shook his head, looking at Rosaleen, "You dated this guy?"

Rosaleen raised an eyebrow at him, "I liked you and look at yourself. You're in no position to be judging others. Don't put Vincent down, he's trying."

"Yeah, it's his effort that counts." Angelica grinned, giving Vincent a thumbs up.

Diego pursed his lips as Luther laughed, shaking his head. "She's right, you're probably the most messed up person that Rosa has liked."

"Did you forget about that jackass time-traveller?" Vincent questioned, shaking his head. "I think Miles is the most normal man you've liked so far."

"Dang, you're not even going to defend yourself?" Angelica giggled.

Vincent shrugged his shoulders, "I'm pretty weird."

"You are." Rosaleen pursed her lips, making Vincent hold a hand against his chest to feign hurt. Angelica grinned at him.

"Now that we talk about this, you have a very odd taste in men.." Luther pointed out, "Your lovers turn out to be the most fucked up people in the world. I mean, they're good looking and love you for sure, but them as a person.. Your relationships are pretty messed up."

Rosaleen let out a loud fake laugh and slapped a hard hand on top of Luther's shoulder, "You wanna start with 'pretty messed up' relationships Lukey?" She asked in a warning tone, her grin so wide but so fake.

Luther's smile dropped and he gave her an innocent look, "Love you Rosa."

Rosaleen scoffed and turned to Vincent, "You won't be able to help us because you're just a human. There were six of us with powers trying to stop Vanya and she still overpowered us," Rosaleen told Vincent, "She would turn you into dust."

Vincent furrowed his eyebrows, "Then what was the point of telling me if I can't do anything? You should've just left me clueless so I don't have to expect anything."

"True." Angelica nodded.

"And don't even try to say goodbye because there's no way in hell I'm leaving after hearing that. You should know me by now, Rosa. I'll never leave your side."

Rosaleen suddenly fell silent, looking at Vincent with an indescribable emotion. Luther felt himself frown, recognizing that Rosaleen was torn between two decisions. She wore that look when she had to do something she wasn't going to like.

She quickly spoke so Vincent wouldn't notice. "Alright, I need to find Harrison, and I know you know where he is."

Diego choked on air as Luther had to take a double take at Rosaleen once the words left her mouth. Angelica gaped at her mother.

"Why do you want to see him?" Vincent furrowed his eyebrows, "You don't remember the last time he was here and basically ruined you with his huge secret?"

Luther nodded in agreement, "He made you freak and have a breakdown, Rosa, do you know how devastated I was to see you like that—" Luther realized something, looking at Vincent, "You know where he is?"

Vincent slowly nodded, "He lives above me at my apartment.." he turned to Rosaleen, "How did you know?"

Rosaleen raised an eyebrow, "I felt your nervousness that one day, so I was worried and sent Vixen to follow you."

Vincent shook his head, "That overgrown fox.."

"Why the hell is that weirdo living above you?" Angelica questioned, "Why is he still here?"

"That's what I want to know too," Rosaleen sighed, "But there has to be an important reason why."

"Yeah, which is him stalking you because he's a weird guy." Diego grumbled.

Rosaleen shook her head, "He has that briefcase, and he has it for a reason."

"How do you know he has the briefcase?" Luther asked, "Did you make Vixen snoop his place?"

Rosaleen shook her head, "No, but she could feel the energy from the box."

"What do you plan to do with this briefcase?" Vincent questioned.

"If all else fails, I want you to take it to get out of here, with the others." Rosaleen said, glancing around at the others in the room.

"Woah, what the hell are you talking about? You're saying you want us to leave without you?" Diego questioned, furrowing his eyebrows.

Angelica was in shock. "What the..? What are you even talking about, Mom?"

Rosaleen shrugged her shoulders, "Whatever causes the apocalypse will be here, and one will need to hold it back while the rest of you escapes.."

Luther immediately scoffed, "As if we'd let you sacrifice yourself for us."

"But—"

"That's the stupidest idea, Leena," Diego snorted, "We're all here together for a reason, to stop it together. Stop trying to act like you're so cool and better than the rest of us."

Rosaleen blinked, "What? Me? Okay Mr. 'I'm so full of myself'."

Diego raised an eyebrow, "You're the one that wants to sacrifice herself like an idiot. You're an asshole but you're not stupid, so stop acting like it."

"Lay off man, I get where she's coming from.. She just wants to protect us.." Vincent sighed, looking at Rosaleen.

Diego narrowed his eyes, "I don't need protecting, but I mean, you would need it since you're just some normal guy."

Vincent pursed his lips, not really fond of Diego. Luther glanced at his brother with a warning glance, not liking the way he was talking to one of his best friends with a condescending tone.

Rosaleen scoffed, "I'm not acting stupid, it's a solid plan. I'm not letting another damn apocalypse ruin the lives of people of I love again." She narrowed her eyes, "And don't be calling me an asshole, you've always had a stick up your ass but now? You seem so bitter for no reason. Constantly shitting on Vincent when you don't even know the guy, can't you just keep it to yourself?"

Diego furrowed his eyebrows, "I'm not shitting on Vincent,"

"Yes you are, you're being a fucking dick when he's done absolutely nothing to you."

"He's mad that Vincent got to date you before he ever got the chance to." Angelica pointed out, raising an eyebrow.

Diego went to glare at her while Angelica returned it. "What? You know it's true Diego, you're acting extra shitty today."

Luther blinked at Angelica's profanity while Rosaleen groaned and shook her head. She patted on Vincent's arm to reassure him before getting back on topic.

"We have to go meet up with the others, I want you to go home and see if Harrison is home."

"What do you want me to do if he is? Or isn't?"

"Nothing, just keep an eye on him for me, okay?"

Vincent nodded and suddenly wrapped his arms around her. Rosaleen slowly hugged back, slightly frowning.

"I'm a bit scared." Vincent confessed sheepishly once he released Rosaleen and tackled Luther into a hug.

Luther patted Vincent on the back, "Don't be. We got this."

Vincent gave a small smile to Angelica and then paused at Diego, staring at him. He looked at Rosaleen and Luther. "I'll see you guys later? I'll go find Harrison."

Rosaleen nodded, "Thanks Vincent. We'll meet again soon."

Once the man left, Rosaleen sighed. She turned to Luther, "Grab your keys, let's go see if we can find the others."

"This is a setup." Luther said, his eyes on the letter their father gave them.

They returned back to Elliot's place to only find Vanya while the others went back to their own lives. But, they all were going to attend the dinner.

"Maybe, but we should go anyway." Diego responded, fixing the collar of his shirt.

"Says the guy who's already been stabbed once this week." Luther sounded a bit muffled as he was busy eating a plate of eggs. Angelica was seated across from him, on the same couch as Vanya but far away from her. She watched him eat the eggs with amusement.

"Oh, don't worry, me and him are gonna have words."

"Would you tell him that he's nuts?" Luther asked Vanya.

"I think we should go." She shrugged.

"See."

"Vanya, of all people, you should hate Dad the most."

"Come on, can he really be that bad?"

Rosaleen listened to the two brothers list the things their father did the Vanya. It wasn't news to her but she still frowned at it. She wasn't on good terms with Vanya but she still felt bad on how horribly she was treated in the family.

Rosaleen left the kitchen with the mug of coffee in her hand and took a seat beside Luther just as Diego went on about his 'Team Zero' speech. Angelica snorted when none of them would return his fist bumps, making him put his hands down in disappointment.

"Team Zero." Rosaleen muttered, bringing the mug to her lips to hide her smirk as Diego looked at her hopefully.

She gave him a slight nod as he slowly smiled, looking at her.

"I have to ask, you must really like eggs, huh?" Angelica asked, looking at Luther.

He nodded his head just as Rosaleen snorted, "Don't even start with him, the amount of eggs we buy on grocery runs makes me want to jump off a cliff."

"Okay but I finish them." Luther pointed out.

Rosaleen raised an eyebrow, "Yeah and then the house starts to smell like shit because you fart eggs."

Angelica bursted into giggles as Luther pouted at Rosaleen. "Come on, Rosa, you didn't have to say that."

Rosaleen chuckled, "I did, so the others know that I need saving."

As Angelica and Vanya sat there in giggles, Rosaleen stood up.

"Alright, I'll be back in time for the dinner,"

"Where are you going?" Diego asked, watching her.

Rosaleen went to grab her purse. "I'm going to meet with Miles, break things off with him."

"The poor guy will be devastated." Luther frowned.

Rosaleen shook her head, "The next few days will be busy, and with the apocalypse, I don't want to keep him waiting." She fell quiet for a moment before sighing, "I'm also doing this because I know I'll get attached, and I can't be doing that with the end of the world coming."

"What if it doesn't end? What then?" Vanya asked.

Rosaleen glanced at her, "Then it doesn't end, but that doesn't mean we'll be staying here. We don't belong here."

They understood that.

"What will you say to him? The reason why you're breaking things off." Angelica asked.

Rosaleen sighed, "I don't know.. I can't tell him the truth because that'll overwhelm him.. I'll just make up some lie."

"Do you want me to come with you? For support?" Luther asked, stuffing his face with eggs.

Rosaleen snorted, "Thank you but no thank you. Miles isn't a fan of eggs."

Luther gasped, "What a monster."

Rosaleen went to Angelica and gave her a quick kiss on the forehead, "I won't be long, you'll be fine with hanging with Luke and his eggs, right?"

Angelica sighed dramatically, "I guess.." she grinned when Luther exclaimed in protest, "I'm kidding, of course. Uncle Luther is cool."

Luther smiled at her.

Rosaleen nodded and headed for the stairs. "See you guys later."

She made her way down the stairs and toward the door. She was already outside of the store when she felt a close presence behind her and she snapped around, ready to throw a punch in, but she stopped when she saw that it was Diego.

"What the hell spandex? Were you planning to tell me you were behind me at some point?" She snapped.

He gave her a light smirk. "I knew you would sense me."

She looked at him, "Are you following me? Or going the same way as I am?"

Diego's smirk faltered and he turned serious, staring at Rosaleen. He cleared his throat. "I just wanted to tell you that I'm sorry, before you go. That's all."

Rosaleen furrowed her eyebrows. "Sorry for what, exactly?"

"The way I was acting with Vincent. He seems like a nice guy, I didn't mean to be an asshole like that."

Rosaleen relaxed and chuckled, "You should be apologizing to Vincent himself, but I guess I'll accept half of the apology." She tilted her head. "Was there a reason why you were acting like that?"

Diego fell silent, averting his eyes elsewhere. He muttered under his breath, "I'm pretty sure you know why."

Rosaleen slightly smiled, "Come on, spandex, you don't see me hunting down that Lila woman."

Diego was surprised but Rosaleen simply laughed.

"You think I wouldn't find out? Luther has a very big mouth."

"Leena, I—"

"You don't need to explain yourself, we've both moved on," Rosaleen shrugged, "I mean, it's been years, right?"

Except Diego hadn't been there for years, not even a year. He was just lost in the moment, and he didn't know what came over him.

Rosaleen noticed Diego's silence and smiled. She placed a hand on his shoulder, making him look over at her.

"I really liked you, Diego. If that's what you were looking for, then there it is."

Diego slightly frowned at the past tense, but Rosaleen's smile made him confused.

"What? You're gonna pull another one on me? I think it was already cruel enough that you didn't say anything back to me before we jumped. You're gonna leave me hanging for another three years? A real Diego move."

Diego suddenly remembered what Luther was saying to him but didn't get to finish, "You didn't even say anything before we got transported, she was really affected by it—"

Diego frowned. He wondered how Rosaleen felt because he hadn't responded back to her. He felt terrible.

Rosaleen felt her smile fade and disappointment form in her chest when she realized that Diego had nothing to say. She softly sighed and patted his arm, "I'll see you later, Diego—"

Diego grabbed her hand to stop her from leaving, making her halt. He slowly looked up from the ground to meet her eyes, trying to find the right words.

"I.. I didn't say anything when we transported because it felt like we were saying goodbye, and I didn't want you to leave my life yet. Everything in my life that I cherish has been ripped away from my grasp and I feel like I'm stuck in this endless void.. But you.. You were starting to become the path out of this void and so I was scared to let you go during that time." Diego blurted out, his tone filled with nervousness. Rosaleen simply listened, her eyebrows furrowed softly as she watched him speak. He was choosing his words carefully and tried his best to hold back from stumbling over his words.

"I'm messed up, Leena, I fuck up all the time, and I'm just afraid you would find out who I was and leave, and I'd be left alone with my thoughts. I-I'm s-"

Rosaleen grabbed onto Diego's hand, smiling reassuringly at him. He looked at her as she squeezed his hand gently. He finally took a deep breath and calmed down. He finished what he was saying, "I'm sorry. For being a real dick."

Rosaleen chuckled and lightly swung their held hands, "You've already shown me the kind of person you were when you threw your dagger at my head," Diego slightly flushed at that, "And I still decided to stick by your side, didn't I?"

Diego kept quiet. She sighed, "I'm not a normal person either, Diego. God, look at my ex, he went back in time to find a different version of me. Which is me. That really messed me up but yeah. I'm living a fucked up life too."

Diego snorted, "That means you were so addictive that he had to find you again."

Rosaleen shook her head, "No, it means he's fucked in the head. Seriously, who does that?!"

Diego cracked a grin, noticing Rosaleen was instantly irritated and seemed to be ready to go into a rant.

She shook her head and looked at Diego, "I'm glad I finally got some closure, after waiting for three years." She teasingly nudged him, "I didn't know you felt that way. 'You were starting to become the path out of this void', oh that's so cute." She mimicked, a mischievous grin on her face.

Diego pursed his lips. "I hate you."

Rosaleen threw her head back, laughing, "And there it is." She suddenly remembered something, "Look, we can talk more later but I gotta meet with Miles. I'll see you later, okay?"

Rosaleen released their hands once realizing they were still holding onto each other, and Diego felt his hand go cold and his chest grow heavy. He slowly brought his hand back to his side as Rosaleen began to walk away from him.

"Right, why don't you go mend things with your daughter before we talk more, spandex? She hates you more than I hate you, and that's just not right."

Diego grumbled at her smirk but nodded his head, remembering Angelica and how hurt she must have been by his actions. He held lots of regret, and he wanted the kid's forgiveness before anything.

After finding some sort of closure with him and Rosaleen, he needed to go find the kid, as she was the one he owed an apology to the most.

Diego headed back to Elliot's apartment but he suddenly stopped, his heart suddenly racing.

Your daughter.

He scowled and glanced back at Rosaleen who was busy walking down the street without a care in the world.

"That crazy woman."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 3.4K 19
❝𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘳𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘳𝘺 𝘵𝘺𝘱𝘦.❞ the umbrella academy season one [COMPLETED]
443K 10.6K 27
❝I ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴡᴇ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴀʟʟ ɢᴏ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴏᴍ ᴀɴᴅ sᴀʏ ᴡʜʏ ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ. Eɪɢʜᴛ? Yᴏᴜ'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ʜᴇʀᴇ ʟᴏɴɢᴇsᴛ, ᴄᴀʀᴇ ᴛᴏ sʜᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ sᴛᴏʀʏ?❞ ❝Iᴛ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴛʏ sᴇ...
365K 9K 43
book one the umbrella academy; season one and two ߷☙B O R N R E A D Y☙߷ 〖i tried on different versions of myself. I was so many different girls〗 "I W...
79.2K 2K 42
𝘚𝘩𝘢𝘺 𝘏𝘢𝘳𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘸𝘢𝘴𝘯'𝘵 𝘢𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘜𝘮𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘢 𝘈𝘤𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘮𝘺, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘕𝘶𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 𝘌𝘪𝘨...