Sound of Surviving

By TheQuietHufflepuff

Nevaeh and her family are transported to another world. One is cursed to forget and two are cursed to remembe... More

Aesthetic and Playlist
Hatter Family Season One
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
22
Hatter Family Season Two
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
Hatter Family Season Three
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
Hatter Family Season Four
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
Hatter Family Season Five
89
90

21

202 10 0
By TheQuietHufflepuff

STORYBROOKE - PRESENT

Regina and Henry were eating dinner in silence at home. The doorbell rang.

Regina frowned. "I don't recall us expecting company."

She got up to answer the door. It was Emma. "Sheriff Swan. What are you doing here?"

"Henry invited me," Emma replied.

"Do you honestly believe, I'd allow you into my house for dinner, after all the threats you made to my family?"

"I didn't come for dinner."

"Then, what did you come for?"

"You."

Regina, confused, looked behind her into the kitchen and saw that Henry was gone. She turned back to Emma, where several Storybrooke citizens had gathered behind her.

"We all did," Emma added.

Regina turned around and retreated into the house, when she saw Henry holding a noose at the top of the stairs.

"Henry," Regina called.

The mob brought Regina to the main street, where an apple tree had sprung up in the middle of the road. They tied her to the tree as she protested. The rest of the town watched.

"No... No... Let me go. I command it!" Regina cried.

Ruby narrowed her eyes. "After everything you've done to all of us?"

"My apologies, Your Majesty, but my conscience is clear!" Archie said.

"You're not Queen anymore, sister!" Leroy added.

"Tighter!" Granny ordered. "She needs to feel our pain!"

"You took our love and ripped it apart!" Mary Margaret yelled.

"And now, you're going to pay!" David finished.

"It's high time you do," Nevaeh added venomously.

Emma approached Regina and picked one of the blackened apples off the tree. She held it in front of Regina and crushed it in her hand. "Rotten to the core."

"I just wanted to win... For once," Regina admitted.

Emma grabbed Regina by the throat. "You took away our happiness, and now it's our turn to take away yours."

"...What? Henry. Henry, please don't let them do this to me."

"You did this to yourself," Henry said.

Emma wielded the sword, aimed for Regina and swung. Before the sword hit her, Regina awaked from the dream and jolted upright in her bed. She quickly got up and headed to Henry's room to check on him. Inside, she saw him underneath the blanket.

Instead Henry under the blanket, it was a pile of pillows.

---

They drove along the road that led out of Storybrooke.

"Is that all your stuff?" Henry asked.

"All I need," Emma replied.

Henry frowned. "Wait. You want to go now? We're leaving now?"

"Uh-uh. I'm getting you out of here. Away from all this. Away from her."

Henry shook his head. "No, no. Stop the car! You can't leave Storybrooke. You have to break the curse."

"No, I don't. I have to help you."

"But you're a hero -- you can't run. You have to help everybody."

"Henry, I know it's hard for you to see it, but I'm doing what's best for you. That's what you wanted when you brought me to Storybrooke."

"But the curse... You're the only chance to bring back the happy endings."

"Henry..."

Henry reached over and grabbed the steering wheel.

"Henry!"

Henry caused the car to go off the road into a ditch.

"Henry! What were you doing? You could've gotten us killed!"

"Please!" Henry cried. "Please, don't make me go! We can't go! Everything's here... Me, your parents, your family. Please, Emma. They need you. Your family needs you."

ENCHANTED FOREST - PAST

Two guards brought Prince Charming before King George who said, "Did you really think that I would let you get away? Hm? You appear to have had quite the adventure since then."

"Whatever it is you're going to do to me, get on with it," Prince Charming told him.

"I took you in as my son, and you betrayed me. I would've given you everything. The crown, the kingdom. All you had to do was marry King Midas' daughter. But, you decided to follow 'true love'."

"Losing my life for love... That's a sacrifice I am happy to make."

"As you wish." The guards dragged Prince Charming over to the guillotine, where they secured his head under the blade. "Release the blade." The blade was released, but magically dissolved into water before it reached Prince Charming's neck. "What is the meaning of this?"

The Evil Queen entered with her cohorts and said, "Sorry to drop in on you."

"Regina. What do you want?"

"I want the man you pretend is your son. And I'm prepared to pay any riches Midas promised you in return for him."

"What do you plan to do to him?"

"Oh, I promise he'll suffer. Far more than some swift and simple beheading."

"How?"

"By using him to destroy his one true love. By using him to bring an end to Snow White."

STORYBROOKE - PRESENT

From her window, Regina watched as her apple tree wilted. When she went to investigate, she found that the apples were beginning to rot. She made her way to Mr. Gold's shop.

"Your Majesty," Mr. Gold greeted. "To what do I owe the pleasure?"

"My tree is dying," Regina said. "Why?"

"Perhaps, it's your fertilizer."

"You think this is funny? Well, I'll tell you what I think. I think it's a sign of the curse weakening because of Emma. But do you care? No. You're content to just sit back and do... Whatever it is you're doing, while all my hard work burns."

"That's not all, is it? Come on. You might as well get everything off your chest."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Henry. Miss Swan wants him."

"She'll have that boy over my dead body."

"The curse was meant to take away Snow White and Prince Charming's happiness. Perhaps, you giving up Henry is just the price to keep the curse unbroken."

"I think I'd rather just get rid of her."

"Well, well. You're going to have to be quite creative. We both know the repercussions in killing Miss Swan. The curse will be..."

"The curse will be broken. That's because you designed it that way. Undo it."

"You know... Even if I wanted to, I couldn't. Magic... Well... Is in short supply around here and dwindling by the minute."

"You want the curse broken. Why?"

"That's not something I care to discuss."

"Don't bother. You can shove your reasons. I want to strike a new deal. One where I can get rid of Emma without shattering the curse."

"Unfortunately for you, a negotiation requires two interested parties, and I'm already planning a trip."

"I'll give you anything."

"You no longer have anything I want, dearie. But I will give you a piece of my advice, free of charge. I'd plan a trip of your own. Because, once people wake up and remember who you are and what you did to them... They are going to be looking for blood."

---

Outside the school, Regina found Paige's bike locked in the bike rack. She stuck a 'White Rabbit' card to the back of it and walked away.

---

Emma returned to Mary Margaret's apartment.

"Oh. Thought you'd left," Mary Margaret said.

"I'm glad you reconsidered," Nevaeh added.

"Mary Margaret, Nevaeh..." Emma began.

Mary Margaret continued. "But we couldn't tell for sure, because you didn't bother to say goodbye. Do you remember when I left? When I ran? What you said to me? You said, we have to stick together. That we're like... Family."

"Yeah. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have left."

"You're right -- you shouldn't have. So why, after everything, did you just go?"

"I don't want to be Sheriff. I don't want people relying on me. I don't want this. Any of it."

"What about Henry?"

"I took him with me."

"You abducted him?"

"Maybe."

"So, you don't want people to rely on you, but you took your son? Now, that sounds like a stable home for him. What the hell is wrong with you?"

"I want what's best for them."

"And running is what's best for him?" Nevaeh shot back. "Or, is that what's best for you?"

"You're reverting, Emma, into the person you were before you got here," Mary Margaret said. "And I thought you'd changed."

"You thought wrong," Emma replied.

"Well, regardless, you have to do what's right for Henry now."

"What's that?"

"Oh, I don't know. You're his mother -- that's your job. So, you figure it out."

Nevaeh stalked away and went by the school to catch a glimpse of Paige. As she passed the bike rack, she noticed the White Rabbit card.

Jefferson walked up and noticed his wife, then the card. The two exchanged a look and nodded.

ENCHANTED FOREST - PAST

Snow White and her 'army' were stationed outside of King George's castle. Snow White spied on the guards through a telescope and said, "If we're going to get him out, we're going to have to get over that wall. There's a soldier on every parapet."

"We're going to need some air support," Granny told them.

"Air? I know just the person who can help us – someone who owes me a favor," Grumpy said.

A noise was heard in the forest behind them. Everyone turned, aiming their weapons, when Red wandered out. She had blood near her mouth.

"Don't shoot. It's only me," Red stated.

"Uh, Red, you know, you got someone on your chin," Snow White informed.

"Sorry."

"What were you able to find out?"

"Your Prince is still alive."

"Then, why don't you look happy?"

"Because I also heard word the Queen is here."

"She knew I'd come for him."

"It's a trap," Granny realized.

"Indeed. It matters not. I can't stop now. But I'll understand if any of you want to turn back."

"No!" the group cried. "Not a chance!"

"Oh. Well, then there's no time to waste."

The group set out towards the castle.

"Why is the Queen doing this?" Red wondered.

"I destroyed her happiness," Snow White replied. "And now, she wants to destroy mine."

---

The Evil Queen entered the dungeon where Prince Charming was being held and ordered, "Leave us."

The guards left the two of them alone.

"What do you want?" Prince Charming asked.

"Hm... I suppose I see the allure," the Evil Queen said. "I wonder if you'll be quite so incorruptible after your precious Snow is gone."

"Whatever she did to you, leave her alone and take my life instead."

"Oh, who said anything about taking her life? Oh, no. I have a far more satisfying brand of punishment for her." She turned and began to walk out of the cell. She took out a leather satchel, and pulled out the poisoned apple.

STORYBROOKE - PRESENT

Regina was staring at her apple tree from the window of her office when Jefferson and Nevaeh entered.

"Jefferson. Nevaeh," Regina greeted. "So, you two got my message."

"How could we miss it?" Jefferson shot back. "You know we watch her."

"It must be so painful, your daughter Paige being oh, so near."

"Grace," Nevaeh corrected. "Her name is Grace."

Jefferson nodded. "You should know that -- you changed it. What do you want?"

"Your help," Regina answered.

"And what makes you think, Veah and I won't kill you after everything you've done?"

"Because you two don't have it in you. If either of you did, you would have done it 28 years ago when I brought you both here. Because you both know if I'm dead, you two will never get back to your daughter. And I have a way for us to each get what we want." She grabbed Jefferson's hat box and placed it on the table.

"My hat."

"I want you to use it again."

"I can't make it work. No one can. Not here. Not without magic."

"Well, then you're in luck, because I happen to have some. Not a lot... But hopefully enough... For one last journey."

"Where?"

"Back to our land. Where there's a solution to a very delicate problem I have... How to get rid of the one person who could break my curse."

"Emma. And why shouldn't Veah and I let her do just that? End the madness and go home."

"To your hovel? Selling fungus at the fair? Why? When you could just stay here in the mansion I gave you and your precious wife? My problem, Jefferson, Nevaeh, is the same as yours. It's family. We each want our children back, and we each can get them, if we work together. Congratulations on the coming children, by the way."

"Why should we trust you now?" Nevaeh demanded as Jefferson stepped in front of her.

"You shouldn't. But it's the only offer you've got. After we're through, I'll wake up your dear Grace, so she remembers who you two are."

"No," Jefferson said, causing Nevaeh to glance at him in surprise. "Remembering is the worst curse. Two lives in her head, like me and Veah. I want to forget. I want Veah to forget. I want you to write us a new story, a fresh start, here."

"Well, my dear Jefferson, then that's exactly what you'll have. Oh. After we take care of Miss Swan."

Nevaeh narrowed her eyes. "And what is it you plan to do to her?"

Regina's only answer was a smile.

ENCHANTED FOREST - PAST

Snow White, the dwarves and Granny waited positioned outside the castle. They heard a howl in the distance.

"Thank you, Red," Snow White said. "Do it." One of the dwarves fired a flaming arrow into the sky. "Move out."

"I miss Stealthy," Grumpy admitted.

The group started towards the castle. In the sky, the Blue Fairy, along with the rest of the fairies, were waiting for the signal. They saw the flaming arrow below them.

"We're a go. Fairies! Attack!" the Blue Fairy cried.

A massive horde of fairies swarmed the castle. Below, Snow White and company began scaling the walls of the castle. Once up, several guards attempted to attack them. They fended them off and continued down to the courtyard. In the courtyard, they battled with King George's guards. They eventually managed to defeat all of them, but were stopped when another wave of guards arrived and surrounded them. However, they were saved by the fairies, who wiped out all of the guards with fairy dust. The group continued into the castle.

STORYBROOKE - PRESENT

Henry knocked on August's door at the inn.

"Hang on," August said.

August answered the door and Henry pushed his way into the room.

Henry immediately said, "August, please. I need your help. Emma wants to leave."

"What? Slow down."

"Y-You were going to make her believe. You have to."

"I know, Henry. I'm sorry. I... I failed."

"Failed?"

"I tried to show her. At first it was my legs, and now... Now take a look... At the unvarnished truth." He pulled back his sleeve.

Where his skin should've been white, it was wood.

"It's wood," Henry stated.

August nodded. "Yes."

"All of this... I was right. The curse... It's real!"

"You're a smart kid."

"And you're Pinocchio."

"What gave it away?"

"But, what are you turning back to wood? Your story... You should be real."

"I'm changing back because... I haven't exactly been a good boy. And... Well... If the curse doesn't break... This doesn't stop."

Henry was silent for a moment. "So, we show Emma that you're turning back into the puppet you were, and then, she has to believe. And when she does, she could break the curse."

"I tried that. She doesn't want to see, so she doesn't. There's nothing more that I can do. I-I'm getting tired. It's hard to ride and it's hard to walk. Soon, it's going to be hard to breathe."

"So, we have to do something fast."

"There's nothing to do. And with what little time I have left, I want to spend it with my father."

"Marco."

August smiled. "Told you you're a smart kid."

"So, everyone's giving up."

"I'm afraid that I don't have a choice. I'm sorry, kid, but I'm out of Operation Cobra. Now, it's up to you and maybe Nevaeh if she's still willing."

GRANNY'S DINER

"Emma, I'm sorry, but I'm afraid you don't have any case for custody," Archie said.

"Even after everything she's done?" Emma asked.

"Which you can't prove. Let me just ask you a question -- with this war raging on, who really is getting hurt here?"

"I know. Henry. But isn't it a good thing that he's spending time with me? I'm his mother."

"Yes, you are. And so is Regina. And l-look, the court is going to come in and look at him and see how he's been since you've come into his life."

"And he's been happier, right?"

"Maybe. I mean, objectively? He's skipped school, he's stolen a credit card, he's run off, he's... He's endangered himself, repeatedly. And so, in the eyes of the law, it's not so-"

"And what about in your eyes? What do you think?"

"I mean, awhile ago, I told you to engage him in his fantasy life, and... And perhaps I was wrong, because he's only retreated further into it."

"You think he's better off with her?"

"I never said that."

"Do you think that she would ever hurt him?"

"No. Never. I mean, everyone else, but not him. Look, right or wrong, her actions have all been defensive. I'm not judging, but... In many ways, your arrival has woken a sleeping giant."

"Tell me honestly -- has he been better off since I got here?"

"It's not a matter of better off. It's... It's a matter of this war has to end. If you two are going to be in his life, you have to figure out the best way to do that."

ENCHANTED FOREST - PAST

Snow White entered the dungeon. She saw Prince Charming in his cell.

"Charming... Charming!" Snow White called.

"Snow..." Prince Charming began.

She grabbed the keys and opened his cell, only to discover that there was only a mirror in the cell with Prince Charming's image. "You're... No... No... Oh, no!"

"The Queen took me to her palace."

"But I'm rescuing you."

"Snow..."

"Is this always going to be our life? Taking turns finding each other?"

"We'll be together, I know it. Have faith." Prince Charming's image was obscured by purple smoke. When it cleared, an image of the Evil Queen was in his place.

The Evil Queen said, "I just had to stop you. I have no interest in cleaning tongue marks off my mirror."

"Let him go," Snow White told her. "Your fight is with me."

"My thoughts exactly. Have you ever heard of a parley? We break off all this messy fighting and have a little talk. Just you and me. Come unarmed."

"Where do I meet you?"

"Where it all began."

---

Snow White and the group were gathered in the main room of the castle. She started unloading all of her weapons as she said, "Stop trying to talk me out of this. The castle is secure – I'm going."

"Keep the little knife between your tuffets," Grumpy told her.

"I promised I would come alone and unarmed. It's a parley. There are rules."

"You're too noble for your own good," Red stated.

"I'm not. But, enough of you have risked your lives because of something that's between the Queen and me. I will not let anyone else get hurt because of me."

"Except you."

"Thank you both for your concern, but this ends today."

The dwarves blocked her path when she tried to leave.

"We can't let you go," Grumpy said.

"I'm not asking," Snow White replied. "Thank you for your support. I love each and every one of you, but this is something I have to do... Alone." Snow White left.

"I don't like this," Red said. "I don't trust that Queen."

STORYBROOKE - PRESENT

Regina led Jefferson and Nevaeh down a set of stairs of a tomb. Several urns and boxes lined the wall.

"Watch your step," Regina warned.

"What is this place?" Jefferson and Nevaeh wondered.

"Where I've kept the last bit of my magic. The only magic in this world his the things I brought with me."

Jefferson placed his hat in the center of the room and nothing happened. "It's not spinning. It's not working."

"It needs to absorb the magic that's here. I have some things left. A few trinkets."

Regina took a box from one of the side walls, and dumped its contents into the hat. Again, nothing happened.

Jefferson frowned. "It's not enough. You need something that still works."

Regina pulled out Daniel's ring and held it up. Produced by magic, Daniel's face appeared in the middle.

"Who's that?" Jefferson and Nevaeh wondered.

"Someone long gone," Regina replied sadly.

"Well, whatever or whoever it is, it still has magical properties," Jefferson said. "Give me that, and let me see what I can do with it." She hesitated. "If you want your son back, if you want your revenge, give it to me."

Regina dropped the ring into the hat. A slight purple vortex began forming, but the hat stopped spinning.

"What's wrong?" Regina asked. "Why isn't it opening a portal?"

Nevaeh shook her head. "The magic -- it's not enough. We can't go anywhere."

Regina looked at Jefferson. "Then you failed."

"Maybe not," Jefferson said. "There's enough magic to touch the other side, just not to get us there. There might be enough to... Reach through and retrieve something."

"I can bring something back?"

"Is there an object that can help you? Perhaps, I can open it enough and reach through and grab it. It would have to be small. Something that you can take with your hand. Is there anything like that that can help you?"

Regina smirked. "Yes. Yes, I believe there is."

"Then, you need to direct me to the time and place where this object exists." He handed the hat to Regina.

"How?"

"Think about it. Guide the hat."

Regina closed her eyes and thought for a moment. When she placed the hat back on the ground, a proper vortex began to form.

"Excellent," Jefferson said. "It appears to be working. Now, what is it we're after?"

"An apple."

ENCHANTED FOREST - PAST

Snow White entered the stables from the Evil Queen's childhood, which was the designated meeting place.

"Hello, Regina," Snow White greeted.

"Follow me," the Evil Queen ordered, leading Snow White into the field, where they came to a tombstone. It had a heart etched into it. "Do you remember when I ran down your runaway horse, Snow? Do you remember when I saved your life?"

"Of course. It all looks the same."

"Not quite. This is new."

"Is that..."

"A grave. Daniel's grave."

"Daniel? I thought..."

"He ran away? I told you that to spare your feelings out of... kindness. But he died because of you."

"I-I'm... I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry, too. But nothing can change what happened. What you did. You promised to keep my secret. You promised, but you lied."

"I was very young, and your mother-"

"She ripped his heart out because of you. Because you couldn't listen to me."

"You took my father. Haven't we both suffered enough?"

"No." The Evil Queen pulled the poisoned apple out of its satchel.

"What is that?"

"It's just a morsel. Did you know that apples stand for health and wisdom?"

"So, why do I get the feeling that one might kill me?"

"It won't kill you. No, what it will do is far worse. Your body will be your tomb, and you'll be in there with nothing but dreams formed of your own regrets."

"And you're going to force me to eat it."

"Of course not. It wouldn't work anyway. The choice is yours. It must be taken willingly."

"And why would I do that?"

"Because, if you refuse the apple, your Prince, your Charming, will be killed."

"No..."

"As I said, the choice is yours."

"I take that apple, and he lives? That's the deal you want to make?"

"With all my heart."

"Then, congratulations. You've won." Snow White took a bite of the apple. Within seconds, she collapsed to the ground. Simultaneously, Prince Charming experienced a stabbing pain in his chest. He scrambled to the door of his cell and began yelling.

"Snow... What have you done to her?" Prince Charming demanded. "What have you done? Snow!"

The apple rolled from Snow White's hand, and disappeared through a portal.

STORYBROOKE - PRESENT - REGINA'S VAULT

Regina, Nevaeh and Jefferson watched and waited and soon, the apple appeared in the Real World through the hat and Jefferson caught it.

"Is this it?" Jefferson asked.

Regina nodded. "Yes. Yes, it is."

"And our daughter?" Nevaeh questioned. "Our Grace?"

"First things first. The deal's not done. Not until I've solved the next conundrum. How to get this savior to taste my forbidden fruit."

Nevaeh glanced between the apple and Regina nervously.

As Regina left, Jefferson glanced at his wife. "Veah? Are you all right?"

Nevaeh slowly shook her head. "Someone else is going to get hurt."

"Someone other than Emma? How do you know?"

"Magic is a finicky thing, Jefferson. And in a world without magic-"

"It can only end poorly. Can you stop it?"

She scoffed. "Can I stop it? No. I don't know who it'll affect. I just somehow know that the apple won't put a sleeping curse on its intended target."

REGINA'S KITCHEN

Regina chopped up the apple and made it into a turnover. While it was baking Emma rang the doorbell and Regina answered.

"We need to talk," Emma said.

"Yes, I imagine we do," Regina replied. "I was just about to call you. Come right in." She let Emma into the house. "Do what you're so skilled at and make yourself at home. I believe you came to see me."

"Right. Look, this isn't easy. I think that this... Whatever is between us needs to end."

"At last, something we can agree on."

"I want to make a deal with you about Henry."

"I'm not making any deals with you-"

"I'm leaving town."

"What?"

"This... What we're doing is a problem, and I'm going to go, but I have conditions. I still get to see Henry. I get to visit and spend time, whatever."

"And you get to see him. You're still in his life."

"Look, in any idea, both parties are a little unhappy. But, let's be honest -- we both know the world where I'm not in his life no longer exists, and there's no one who can do anything about that."

The timer on the stove beeped.

"You're right," Regina agreed. "Would you mind following me for a moment?"

They made their way into the kitchen.

Regina took the turnover out of the oven as she asked, "So, what are you proposing?"

Emma shook her head. "I don't know. Just figure it out as we go."

"But he's my son."

"Yeah." Emma went to leave, but Regina stopped her.

"Oh, Miss Swan? Maybe a little something for the road?" She took out a Tupperware container and gestured to the turnover.

"Thanks."

"If we're going to be in each other's lives, it's time we start being cordial. My famous turnovers. Old recipe. But delicious." She packed up the turnover and handed it to Emma.

"Thank you."

Regina smiled. "I do hope you like apples."

ENCHANTED FOREST - PAST

Red and Granny arrived at the stables to search for Snow White, while the dwarves searched the field.

"Snow was here," Red informed. "I can smell it."

"Snow! Snow!" Granny called.

Grumpy yelled in the distance, "She's over here!" Red and Granny ran towards the source and found Grumpy and the rest of the dwarves gathered around the unconscious Snow White. "I found her lying here like this. Is she..."

"Granny, give me your dagger," Red said.

"Maybe she's just sleeping," Bashful stated hopefully.

Red placed the dagger under Snow White's nose. "She has no breath. She's gone. She sacrificed herself... For true love."

"She sacrificed herself for all of us," Grumpy corrected.

The Evil Queen watched them through the mirror in her castle and said, "It would appear sacrifice is overrated. Speaking of..." She waved her hand and magically switched scenes to Prince Charming's cell.

"Snow! What have you done to her?" Prince Charming demanded. "What have you done?"

STORYBROOKE - PRESENT

Regina entered Mr. Gold's shop. "I hope you bought travel insurance, because no one's going anywhere."

"Oh, really?" Mr. Gold questioned. "And why's that?"

"Because I found a solution to my Emma Swan problem."

"Oh, yes?"

"An old, reliable solution."

"A sleeping curse. Might I ask how you managed to obtain one here in Storybrooke?"

"By sacrificing the last bit of magic I had left."

"So, you made magic from magic. Well, I'm sure I don't have to remind you that, uh, all magic comes with a price."

"Then you can pay it. Because now, the curse is going to be stronger than ever. And you will be right here where you belong. Don't you understand? I won. So, whatever plan you had... Whatever reason you wanted the curse broken... Too bad. Because it's never going to happen."

---

"Henry?" Emma called.

"Yeah?" Henry asked.

"Could you come to Mary Margaret's apartment? I need to talk to you."

Henry made his way to Mary Margaret's apartment and knocked on the door. Emma answered and let him in.

"Hey, Emma," Henry greeted. "Everything okay? You sounded strange on the walkie."

"Oh, um... No, I'm okay," Emma said. "Just, um... Yesterday, when I tried to take you away, you were right. I can't take you out of Storybrooke. But I can't stay either."

Henry frowned. "What?"

"I have to go."

"Go? You mean leave Storybrooke?"

Emma nodded. "Yeah. I spoke to Regina, and we made a deal. I'm still going to be able to see you, just not... Every day."

"No! No, you can't trust her!"

"I have to. It's my only choice. It's what's best for you, Henry. Every time I fight her, someone else gets hurt."

"No, no, no! You're just scared. This happens to all heroes. It's just the low moment before you fight back."

"Henry! This isn't a story. This is reality. And things have to change. You can't skip school. You can't run away, and... You can't believe in curses."

"Y-you really don't believe?" Henry asked sadly.

"I... This is how it has be be right now. I made a deal, and I used my superpower. She's telling the truth. She's going to take really good care of you."

"Yes, but she wants you dead."

"Come on, Henry!"

"You're the only one that can stop her."

"Stop her from what? All she's ever done is fight for you. It just... Got out of hand. I'm sorry."

Henry hugged Emma and noticed the turnover on the table.

"Where did you get that?" Henry wondered.

"Regina gave it to me," Emma replied.

"Apple!"

"So?"

"You can't eat that. It's poison."

"What?"

"Don't you see? The deal... It was all a trick to get you to eat that, to get rid of the savior."

"Henry, come on. Why would she do that when I just told her I was going to go?"

"Because as long as you're alive, you're a threat to the curse."

"Henry, you've got to stop thinking like this."

"But it's the truth! And you leaving isn't going to change that."

"I'll prove it to you," Emma said as she pulled out the turnover.

"No!" Henry cried as he took it from her.

"Henry... What are you doing?"

"I'm sorry it had to come to this. You may not believe in the curse... Or in me. But I believe in you."

He took a bite of the turnover and nothing happened.

"See? You want some ice cream with that? And then we can go back to talking about..."

Henry suddenly collapsed and Emma ran to him.

"Henry? Henry? Henry!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95.8K 3.5K 35
Vanessa Mills is the daughter of Regina Mills and her first love, Daniel Colter, also known as the Stable Boy. Her magic may be dark, but her heart i...
149K 3.9K 29
"ʏᴏᴜ ᴍᴀʏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴍʏ ꜱᴛᴏʀʏ, ʙᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴍᴇ. ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴍᴇ ᴀꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱɪꜱᴛᴇʀ ᴏꜰ ꜱɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜɪᴛᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴍᴀʀʀɪᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʀᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴏꜰ ʜᴇʀ ʜᴜꜱʙᴀɴᴅ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ɴ...
10.8K 274 16
**Season 4 AU of Once Upon A Time *Marian never returned *Robin didn't leave *Regina never drank the anti fertility potion The Snow Queen was defeat...
4.1K 83 46
The heroes must team up with villains to rescue a kidnapped boy. Two lovers rekindle the flame one tried so hard to ignore in the midst of trouble...