ππ‘πŽπŠπ„π 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐒 ||...

By heir_of_slytherin7

❝𝐀𝐒 𝐈 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐃 ππ„π’πˆπƒπ„ π˜πŽπ” 𝐌𝐘 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐑, 𝐈 π‘π„πŒπ„πŒππ„π‘ π‡πŽπ– π‡π€πππ˜ 𝐈 π“π‘π”π‹π˜ 𝐅... More

BROKEN HEARTS
CAST
PART ONE
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
PART TWO

CHAPTER TWELVE

680 46 36
By heir_of_slytherin7

  It was the first the day back, and Nora already wanted to return home.

She frowned while brushing her hair, because she didn't want to exit the common room, and face the stares of people, people who were openly judging her.

Honestly, it wasn't like they didn't do that before, but now it would be more prominent. No doubt likely everybody besides her own house would treat her differently, much more then before.

  Of course, she wasn't supposed to care. She was supposed to be proud of the fact that her parents were free. She was supposed to say vile things to everybody and laugh.  But she didn't want to, for a reason Nora never knew.

   After a few more moments of thinking, she finally decided to just go out and deal with everything. 

  Pansy gave her a small smile and walked with her to the Great Hall. Nora nodded her head absentmindedly as she ignored the looks everyone was giving her. After all, they didn't matter. All that mattered was showing them that she didn't care.

Classes had gotten normally, and before Nora knew it, it was already the end of the day. She sat in her dorm room almost amazed at how calm things were that day. It didn't matter, they didn't matter.

   That first day seemed to give Nora a slight boast of confidence, and for the following days, she kept her head high and acted as if everything was normal. She received mail from her aunt weekly, with a few sweets and presents. Aunt Cissa didn't mention her parents however, something Nora was grateful for.

  After a week later however, something felt wrong. There seemed to be something off, something missing. And Nora only realized that when she saw a bushy-haired girl walking out of the Charms classroom.

  Granger, who bugged her almost daily, left her alone. And it didn't take Nora much time to realize why. Her parents escaping probably scared Granger, and made her keep her distance from the pureblood. Also, there was simply no need for the two to interact anymore, the rumors had become irrelevant now. 

   So of course, now that Nora realized what was different in her life, she should have just moved on to the rest of her day like normal, right?

  Very surprisingly, no, she in fact did not.

  For the rest of the week, she felt sort of bothered. Of course, while sending glares to whoever gave her a funny look was fun, she didn't seem to like the new change in her life.

  But she couldn't allow herself to think about her new change, as times had become more busy. O.W.Ls were arriving, and there wasn't much time left. January was almost over, and the exams were at the first week of June. That only gave Nora a little more than three months to review.

   Thus she found herself one morning in the library, skipping her Divination lecture to catch up on Charms. Charms was a fairly simple subject, but Nora found herself getting confused at times.

   Pansy also mentioned that she heard about Career Advice, where everyone would meet with their head of house and talk about what they wanted to do after school. Apparently, this also helped everyone understand what subjects they should aim to get better scores in.

  This scared Nora, as she still didn't have the faintest idea of what she should do after school. Draco talked about some high position in the Ministry, which didn't really interest Nora. At times she had thought about becoming a private lawyer, like the ones her aunt and uncle had. Nora brought up the idea once to Aunt Cissa, but she told her that she didn't need to worry about any of that, and that she should focus on getting married to a good, wealthy man.

Whatever, she would just pick some random profession and pretend to be interested in it. After all, that's probably what her Aunt had done, since Aunt Cissa probably never expected to have a job anyways.

She was taken out of her thought process, by the sound of the chair next to her being moved. She looked to her left to see Blaise Zabini. Nora internally frowned, remembering what he attempted to do to Granger.

Which she wasn't concerned about, of course.

  "What do you want?" Nora asked, moving her items closer to her. Blaise looked around, making sure no one was listening, before leaning in slightly, making Nora back away.

  "I need to talk to you about something," He answered, ignoring the look Nora was giving him. She frowned.

   "What do you want to talk to me about? Make it quick."

    "I want to know about your parents," he started, making Nora widen her eyes slightly, before returning to her normal look.

    "What about them?"

    "Well...people have been talking—"

    "And I have been listening," Nora smiled tightly.

    "Yes, but everyone believes that you met them during the break, and that they shared their plans with you. Plans that could ruin the peace at Hogwarts."

    "You're talking weirdly Blaise," Nora replied.

    "Aren't you going to deny those rumors?"

    "Has anyone really taken my word seriously?"

     Blaise stayed silent, causing Nora to roll her eyes. "People are paranoid, and stupid. If they really think that I alone could destroy Hogwarts, then maybe they would think better then to make shameless accusations about me."

     "It's not just the students and staff that are talking though," Blaise began. "My mother has been talking too, and it seems like the rest of us pure-bloods are too. The Lestranges being out ruins everything."

     "And disturbs this so called 'peace.' Yes, I understand, because you of all people actually care about maintaining the peace. How wonderful."

   "You're not understanding my point."

   "Well you're not being clear."

    "Fine," he rolled his eyes and sighed. "I guess I'll have to say this simply. Some of the families don't want you here. They don't want your parents either, because their escape risks for more people who lied to the Ministry to be locked up. You know your uncle? The Malfoy's are a whole lot of liars, and they aren't happy with your parents. Imagine what would happen if your parents exposed your uncle for his lies. I can imagine what would happen, and I'm sure you are too."

    "So what do you want me to do about it?" Nora asked, annoyed that he wasn't getting to the point.

    Blaise smiled lightly, "You must work with the families."

     "How?"

     Blaise frowned, "I don't know, I was just told to let you know—"

      "Oh, now I understand." Nora leaned in, this time making Blaise back away in surprise. "This is all the words of your mother , and what they told you to tell me. You're just repeating words, without even knowing what you're even saying. I don't even understand what you were trying to say, so I'm pretty sure you are too. But tell your mother that if she wants to talk to me, then she can send a letter."

   Blaise stayed silent. Nora rolled her eyes, "What are you still sitting here for? Get out."

   He slowly got up and walked away from the table. Nora sighed as she pushed the chair towards the table and returned her gaze to her textbook. She didn't even want to think about what Blaise was even saying, it didn't even make sense.

   So doing what seemed logical, Nora decided to just forget about him even talking to her and to just focus on studying. She put away the Charms textbook and took out Potions, deciding to do some more review.

But of course, she just had to be interrupted again.

Nora heard the chair once more be moved, indicating that someone had sat next to her. She made a face before looking to her left once more, expecting to see some pesky Slytherin.

But that wasn't who was sitting next to her.

Quite the opposite actually, the person next her was muggle-born Gryffindor. An annoying muggle-born Gryffindor.

But why wasn't she mad?

Nora didn't realize that she was staring before Granger cleared her throat. "Lestrange, are you alright?"

Awkwardly, Nora looked away, "I don't know what you mean by that--"

"You looked like you were thinking of something while looking at me," She explained. "Was there something in my hair?"

Nora wanted to make a remark about how untidy it was, as usual, but she held back. "No, nothing."

"Oh."

"Did you need something?"

"No, I just wanted to check up on you," she said, her voice getting quieter. Nora frowned.

"Why?"

"What do you mean why?" Questioned Granger. "Do I need a reason to check up on you?"

"Yes, you do actually," The Slytherin replied, feeling even more suspicious. "Why do you want to check up on me? We're not even friends."

Granger rose her eyebrows at her tone. Nora wanted to slap herself for sounding disappointed.

"But we were close to acquaintances for a few months," Granger reminded her. "And we talked often...so I guess that gives me the right to check up on you."

"Then why didn't you talk to me for more then a week?" Asked Nora. "Why did you ignore me?"

"I was scared," she admitted. "I thought you would be mad...and you were always with your other friends...they would have called me something mean and you would have had to stand there awkwardly..."

"Fair enough. Was there anything else you wanted to say?"

Granger stayed silent for a moment, before speaking. "I want you to be okay, Lestrange."

"I'm already okay Granger."

"Is that what you've been telling yourself?" She scoffed. "Anyone can see it, you've been acting differently ever since...ever since they escaped."

"I have?"

"Well it isn't a big difference honestly," Assured Granger. "Honestly, no one even noticed. It's just that you seem more sad these days, especially with everyone bringing up your family. You don't seem proud like everyone expects you to be."

"Why would I be proud? What's there to be proud of?"

"I don't know," she admitted. "But what's just what everyone's been thinking. But I knew that you weren't happy with your family."

"And how so?" Asked Nora. "I could be so proud of my family right now, and you wouldn't even know because I'm not showing it."

"I don't know, you just don't seem like you are."

"And when did you get so good at reading people?"

"I'm not really reading you," Granger answered. "It's like I can just tell how you're feeling."

"Maybe it's some unheard of magical ability," Said Nora. "Have you ever done that with anyone else?"

"I actually haven't...I'm horrible at picking up hints and emotions from others. Usually you just have to tell me something straight up. You're the first person I can successfully 'read' as you call it."

"Wow, I feel so special," The Slytherin remarked.

"Maybe it's because you are special," Granger said, although she looked like she regretted saying that.

Nora rose her eyebrow and smirked, "What do you mean by that?"

"N-Nothing of course! I just meant that your...heritage and...other things make you more remarkable then others."

"Sure." It was funny really, how bad Granger was at lying. It amused Nora.

"So um," Granger began, looking away from Nora. "Have you been reviewing for O.W.Ls?"

Nora motioned at the textbook in front of her. "What do you think?"

"Good," Granger nodded. "I glad you are. The last thing needed right now for you is to do poorly on your exams."

Nora half smiled, knowing that Granger didn't know that Nora's results didn't matter that much. Unlike the Gryffindor, Nora wasn't going to aim for a independent future, as it was already planned out for her.

But Nora supposed that Granger had big plans for herself. Maybe she would become some important person in the Ministry or one of the departments. Granger certainly had the potential anyways.

"Lestrange," began Granger, making Nora look at her again. "I just wanted to ask again. You're okay right? Be honest with me."

Nora smiled slightly, "I am, thank you for asking."

This seemed to have brightened Granger, because she let out a tiny squeal before standing up and giving Nora a wide grin. It truly made her look adorable.

"I'm really glad."

Then she did something Nora didn't expect. She squeezed Nora's shoulder slightly, before walking away.

Nora froze in shock and stayed like that for a few more moments. Then, she slowly touched the shoulder that Granger touched and smiled to herself.

What was going on with her?

---

A/N: Yay! Some interaction, I hope this chapter was alright. As usual, please vote and support this chapter and book. Your support is what gives me motivation.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 21.4K 109
Hermione x Fem Reader one-shots! Requests are very welcome! All you have to do is tell me either a prompt, or, if you just want a type (smut, fluff...
96.6K 2.6K 10
❝And where Olivia Weasley went, chaos followed❞ pls dont read this is so bad [golden trio era || harryΓ—oc] [all rights go to JK terf Rowling, I own n...
137K 2.3K 18
These are going to be mostly about Hermione Granger x OC but I will also write x Reader fics! I use these stories as a way to give myself some self l...
314K 7.9K 51
Oneshots, angst and smuts of Hermione<3 For the girls, gays, and non-binary baes. OPEN REQUESTS Status: Complete | Yet still taking requests! ...