The Forgotten Prophecy

By AlexandraLing2000

In a world where humans and elves had always lived in harmony, a prophecy was made that an evil power would a... More

๐˜š๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ง๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข๐˜ถ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ
๐๐€๐‘๐“ ๐Ž๐๐„
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
๐˜”๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ด / ๐˜ˆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ด
๐๐€๐‘๐“ ๐“๐–๐Ž
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ช๐˜ณ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ข ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
๐˜”๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ด / ๐˜ˆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ด
๐๐€๐‘๐“ ๐“๐‡๐‘๐„๐„
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
๐˜ˆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ถ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฌ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ
Q & ฮ›
Q & ฮ›
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
๐˜๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ
๐๐€๐‘๐“ ๐…๐Ž๐”๐‘
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
๐˜ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ฑ
๐๐€๐‘๐“ ๐…๐ˆ๐•๐„
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
๐˜ˆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฌ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ
๐๐€๐‘๐“ ๐’๐ˆ๐—
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Epilogue
๐˜๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ด ๐˜ท๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ 1
๐˜๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ด ๐˜ท๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ 2
๐˜ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ฑ...๐˜ข๐˜จ๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ฏ
๐˜ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ฑ...๐˜บ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด, ๐˜ข๐˜จ๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ฏ
๐˜ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ฑ...๐˜ ๐˜ด๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ

Chapter 23

543 76 210
By AlexandraLing2000

Ines slowly opened her eyes to the steady patter of rain upon her window, waking up to the morning skies lit by the wintry sun. She happily welcomed the light of the new day and gave herself a few moments to shed the sleep from her eyes. As of late, Ines had been waking up with a smile on her face, feeling an excitement she never had before. At first, she couldn't explain it, but that morning she finally knew.

It might have been because of what had happened the day before, or the fact that she had no other choice than to admit it, that Ines realised the truth. She was looking forward to seeing him. 

The smile suddenly left her lips, a deep frown taking its place. That's impossible, she thought in fear. He was just a man, one of many. The more she tried to deny it, the more intense the feeling grew until it burst inside her.

Ines raised from the bed and put on some clean clothes. She headed downstairs, her empty stomach rumbling in protest. She sat down by the fireplace; it was her lucky day. No one had woken up yet, and Ines enjoyed the quiet of the room, devouring her breakfast in record time. After she had decided she was full, she fixed her boots, and took a step outside.

She stood at the door, admiring the rain, hearing the playful sounds of the falling droplets. There was a serenity in the view; the empty street, the shut doors and windows that kept out the dancing rain. She looked around but couldn't see Matthew anywhere.

'Hmm...Matthew should have come by now,' she said to herself. She began to go to the camp when someone suddenly bumped into her with force. 'Hey!' she barked.

Whoever crashed onto her didn't turn around and walked away in a hurry, their feet splashing in the puddles that had formed on the street. Something was off.

'Hey! I'm talking to you!'

They went off running, and Ines became suspicious. She focused her gaze on the running figure, and her vision filled with the same white glowing light she had seen in the forest during the elf attack.

'Stop right there!'

She took off after the person, the rain soaking her clothes. She shielded her face with one hand, while they ran through the city streets. They jumped over obstacles, they turned corners, and leaped over mud and rocks. It was true that Ines knew the streets better than her; every part of the city was a memory. She had to make use of her advantage.

Ines surveyed her surroundings, trying to orientate herself. If she turned left, maybe she could cut across a narrow alley and catch up with her. She pushed her legs to run faster. She turned the corner, and crossed the flooded passageway, careful not to slip, and made it just in time. She slid on the wet ground and tackled the figure down. Then, she rolled and grabbed their hands to prevent them from escaping. Ines pulled the person up, taking their mask off to see their face. 

They looked at each other in shock. Blue eyes stared back at her. They belonged to a young woman with light hair and freckled skin. Her thin lips were pressed into a hard line. The elf tried to escape, but Ines gruffly pulled her back.

'I thought you were smarter. I warned you,' she hissed at her.

'Let me go!' she said wiggling her body. Ines was furious with her; she wandered around the city unbothered by the possibility of her being seen.

'And leave you roaming around the city? Not a chance.'

'I was just doing my job!'

'What's that? Spying on us so that you can report back to your kind?'

'No!' the elf shook her head.

'Tell me!'

The woman was reluctant to reply, looking everywhere besides Ines. 'To keep track of you,' she stammered.

'Why? Didn't I make myself clear that I don't want to see you again in this city?'

'We have no other option! You need protection. At least until you agree to come with us.'

Ines couldn't believe what she was hearing. Those elves had woken up one day and decided to suddenly appear and mess with her life. Who do they think they are?, she fumed. 'Protection from whom? Speak!'

'I don't know! The old man doesn't say much.'

'Ugh, those blasted elves!' Ines released the elf but kept her close to her. 'How long have you been following us?'

'Long enough to see you sneaking into the library,' she replied with a smirk.

Ines ran a hand over her face in frustration and took a deep breath to calm herself. She should try to be civil at least. She had a long day ahead of her.

'It was very amusing to watch you humans being afraid of some weak monks,' the elf chuckled.

Ines seized her by the collar. 'You are lucky I don't have time for arguing,' she whispered menacingly. 'Go back to the others. And don't come here ever again.'

'We can't leave you!'

'Why? Why is it so important to you that I come?'

'Do you believe in the prophecy?'

Ines scoffed. 'You mean the old story we use to tell the kids?'

'You will soon realise that truth is often found in the most unlikely stories.'

Ines rolled her eyes and let her go. She had enough of her lunatics, and she was losing her patience. Besides, she had to be at the camp already. She took a step back and walked away. 'Next time I see you—' she yelled without turning around.

'Yeah, yeah, I know!'

. . . . .

Ines entered the camp that was slowly waking up. Some were already training, others were cleaning the barracks, none of whom being Matthew. Even though she didn't want to admit it, she was getting worried. It wasn't like him to be late.

'Soldier! Go and clean up back there. It is a mess,' their captain ordered.

Ines couldn't do otherwise, or else she would face his wrath. 'Aye, sir.'

Ines walked to the back of the camp, where they kept the weapons. She spent hours of polishing swords and daggers, sweeping the dust off the floor. Her waist was killing her, her body aching from the tiring work, so she sat down in a corner to rest for a bit. She was about to return to her task when the same elf jumped to the ground next to her. Ines' expression hardened.

'You are asking for it, girl.'

The woman noticed Ines' worried expression just seconds earlier and spoke. 'What happened?'

Ines looked at her with indignation. She couldn't afford being caught talking to her, an enemy of the kingdom.

'I cannot find my partner.'

'It's not like he can't manage on his own.'

Ines considered her words. She had a point. She needn't be making such a deal about it.

'I could try to find him if you want.'

Ines' head perked up. It was a tempting proposal, but the stakes were too high. If she was caught, she would never leave this city again, a cell would be her only home.

'Do not meddle in my matters,' she grunted. 'Go back.'

The young woman didn't budge. 'If I find him, you promise to listen to what the old man has to say to you?'

Ines rolled her eyes. She had had enough of her confidence; it made her act rash. She was only lucky the people hadn't caught sight of her. 'Whatever.'

'You'll see. Just give me a few hours.' The girl walked away with purposeful strides, and Ines went on cleaning the storeroom, as if the conversation never happened.

. . . . .

Ines was still running errands at the camp. The snow-lit evening had arrived and the streetlamps were gradually coming to life like earthbound stars in the night, the air fresh and restful. Ines was ready for the calm stillness of that hour. Her time for some rest was cut short, though, by the elf who was running towards her, without a care about being discovered.

Ines cursed under her breath and looked around. Fortunately, most of the soldiers had finished their business, and had left the training grounds. The people who were there were too absorbed in their work. Ines rushed to her. She grabbed her by the arm, pulling her somewhere quiet, and glared at her.

'My patience runs thin!'

The elf was so out of breath. She couldn't speak clearly; she had been running all the way there. Fear had overtaken her face, her forehead creased from anxiety. Ines knew something was wrong. 'What is it?' she urgently asked her.

'I think...your partner...'

Ines' eyes widened in terror. 'What about him?'

'Some people...taken him.'

'Who? Where?'

'East.'

That was all Ines needed. She wouldn't let anyone, or anything happen to him.

'Show me the way!' she choked.

Together they flew to the streets, the soles of their boots fighting the earth that dared to slow them down. As she ran, Ines summoned all the courage she had inside her, pushing away the emotions that flooded her heart, and prayed that she would get to him in time. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

A/N: Now the real thrill is starting, so buckle up you guys! Help Ines find him by voting/commenting.

Phrase of chapter:  ὁ ἐντός τῆς ψυχῆς πρός αὐτήν διάλογος ἐπωνομάσθη διάνοια / thinking: the talking of the soul with itself  - Plato

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.4K 3.5K 73
FEATURED ON WATTPAD'S OFFICIAL FANTASY, ROMANCE, MAGIC, STORIES UNDISCOVERED AND SPECULATATIVE FICTION PROFILES. "Rose run!" A voice yelled from all...
110K 4.8K 67
Book One of a three part series 18+ will contain mature content TW - mentions of rape, gore, abuse, sex, death "Watch your tone Lillian or you will...
5K 110 14
*Book 3 of the Born To Burn Series* ONLY CHAPTER 1-10 ARE OPEN WE ARE OFFICIALLY ON AMAZOM KINDLE! โค๏ธ PLZ CONTINUE TO SUPPORT ME THERE. I โค๏ธEACH AND...
40K 2.1K 59
Long ago Riders worked hard to protect the kingdoms of Alenshia, a place filled with magic and power, and keep it well organized. Long ago these Ride...