SIDELINES; liam dunbar

By janiabeans

πŸ₯ ❛ i see you loving on the sidelines, i think about it at the wrong times ❜ ΙͺΙ΄ ᴑʜΙͺα΄„Κœ: moonee zhao-mccall ha... More

~Ρïз~ 𝐀𝐂𝐓 πŽππ„
01. {moonee's return}
02. {kidnapping a freshman}
03. {lydia's fake party}
04. {the scrimmage}
05. {stuck in a well}
06. {canine distemper virus}
07. {scott's death}
08. {berserker battle}
09. {the new list}
10. {bonfire party}
11. {satomi's pack}
13. {road trip}
14. {la iglesia}
15. {fully fledged wolf}
16. {heritage talk}
17. {understanding moonee}
~Ρïз~ 𝐀𝐂𝐓 π“π–πŽ
18. {senior scribe}
19. {new girl}
20. {tracy stewart}
21. {sinema club}
22. {dread doctors}
23. {suppressed memories}
24. {xan's jealousy}
25. {newest chimera}
26. {stolen sophmores}
27. {rescued by theo}
28. {mercury poisoning}
29. {the perigee-syzygy}
30. {conflict at the highschool}
31. {dark moonee}
32. {library clean-up]
33. {theo's pack}
34. {the demon wolf}
36. {eichen house}
37. {lie ability}
38. {finding mason}
39. {the beast of gevaudan}
40. {stargazing and kisses}
~Ρïз~ 𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
41. {worst date ever}
42. {broken compass}
43. {who's stiles?}
44. {lacrosse captain}
45. {mr douglas' coughing fit}
46. {gwen's protection party}
47. {ghost rider attack}
48. {the k index}
49. {the not a train station}
50. {theo raeken returns}
51. {allison's death}
52. {i love you so much}
53. {liam can't ride a horse}
54. {new hair, new me}

12. {moonee's goal}

5.7K 212 197
By janiabeans

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

stiles entered the locker room with moonee flung over his shoulder and liam following right behind. after the whole fight for satomi's pack, she had gotten no sleep the night before as she had been messaging brett the whole time.

"everything's fine. i got a text from him this morning, and he said he might be a little late." stiles explained as he placed moonee onto the metal bench.

"thanks." she grumbled, "surprised you were able to lift me."

"shut up."

she had already gotten changed in the girls' locker room, but fell to the floor, due to exhaustion, the second she left the room.

"well, how late is late?" liam panicked.

"calm down." moonee rolled her eyes, "he's just on a date with kira."

"is he always late?"

"he mostly sleeps over at hers after." moonee mumbled, "maybe they're running a little behind."

"we're playing devenford prep again, and this time it's an actual game." liam explained, "he shouldn't be late!"

"who shouldn't be late?" coach butted in.

"scott and kira." liam sighed.

"they might be slightly late." stiles added.

"s-s-slightly late is still late." coach pointed out, "what are they doing?"

"uh... they're doing something that's going to make them slightly late." stiles explained.

"mccall number two?" coach asked the younger girl.

"they're slightly late due to... what they're doing." she said to him as she nodded, rapidly.

"what could scott and kira be doing right now that's more important than playing in the first game?" coach exclaimed.

"oh, coach..."

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"they're still not here." liam stated as he looked around.

they were now outside, waiting for the match to start. liam had still been worrying about kira and scott, stiles had been trying to reassure him while moonee was staring into space.

"okay, what's really going on?" stiles sighed, "are you nervous about the full moon? it's not for another twenty-four hours." stiles reminded him.

liam looked over to the dark sky, the moon was on full display.

"liam, you're gonna be fine. okay?" stiles comforted him, "just try not to rage out on anyone."

"you're not worried?"

"okay, i'm mildly concerned." stiles admitted, "mildly." he brought his phone out and sent a quick message to scott.

"we're gonna lose without him." liam prompted.

"without them." moonee corrected him.

"no, we're not! we can be just as good without scott and kira, okay?" stiles explained, "i've been practising. let me tell you something, i'm getting good- really good." he smirked.

moonee gave him a look, clearly not believing a word he was saying. she chuckled at his arrogance, got up from the bench and made her way to the bleachers.

franchie was sitting with mason and sydney when she saw her. moonee went over to them and tapped franchie. the girl was sat right at the edge which made it easier for them to talk.

"fran..." moonee whispered, "when this game is over, i need to tell you something."

"everything okay?" franchie quizzed.

"kind of." moonee told her, "it's life changing."

"is it that you like girls? because moo, i already knew that." fran said to her.

"no, fran!" moonee shook her head, "i came out like a year ago!"

fran shrugged, "just guessing." she then frowned, "why would you tell me this now? i'll be worried the whole game!"

"don't worry." moonee shook her head, "although statistically speaking... there's a twenty six percent chance that you'll never speak to me again after?"

"what?!" fran exclaimed.

"mccall!" coach shouted, "over here!"

"sorry, fran." moonee shrugged as she jogged over to her coach.

franchie watched as the girl ran off. she began to worry as the news she would be told would put their friendship on the line. however, she couldn't blame moonee - the girl had no idea how worried she left her best friend.

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

after a few plays, the team was losing badly, as per usual. they were all sat on the bench and stiles had realised that scott and kira hadn't gotten back to him.

"all right. neither of them are answering." stiles sighed, "i gotta go see what's going on."

"you're leaving?" liam quizzed.

"you can't just leave us here." moonee frowned.

"what are you going to tell coach?" liam questioned.

the trio glanced over to coach finstock, who was letting his rage out.

the man threw his clipboard to the ground in waves of anger "stupid! stupid old-"

"uh, you guys don't tell him anything, okay?" stiles explained.

"you're right." moonee nodded, "he won't notice your absence."

"wow, thank you, moonee." stiles glared at her, "liam, you're gonna be okay. all right?"

"yeah, you'll be fine."

"you've got moonee here to keep you in check." stiles patted his shoulder in reassurance and sat up, "but who's going to keep moonee in check..."

"excuse me?" moonee scoffed.

"the full moon is out." stiles reminded her.

"and?"

"wait... i thought you weren't affected by the full moon." liam questioned.

"i'm not." "she is."

the two shared a look and moonee glared at the stilinski boy.

"physically, no." stiles explained, "but she is psychologically."

"i can control myself." moonee hissed.

"i'm sure you can." stiles nodded

liam glanced over to moonee as the boy walked away and she raised her eyebrow.

"don't look at me like that." moonee shook her head before she made her way to the field.

"liam! get on the field!"

as moonee pranced around the area, twirling her lacrosse stick around, she could see liam standing in one place. it was almost as if he was mesmerised.

"liam, for the love of God, MOVE!" coach screamed, his yell snapped liam out of his trance.

"go brett! go! woo!"

moonee glanced at the people cheering in bleachers in disbelief - the boy had fans?

"probably why is ego is so high." she muttered to herself as brett scored another goal.

"mccall!"

moonee looked at to see coach beckoning her over with hand gestures. she jogged over to the side, a tired expression on her face.

"yeah, coach?"

"what are you doing?" he exclaimed, "you have been standing in the same spot for five whole minutes. move a little, get the ball - get involved!"

"okay, coach." she nodded.

"that's it?" coach raised his eyebrow, "that's all you're going to say?"

moonee shrugged, "i don't have any energy to say something snarky."

"get back on the field, little mccall." he ordered.

"you know moonee is fine-" she started.

"GO!"

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

liam had finally got the ball, he was sprinting to the goal, blocking everyone in his way. unfortunately, he was soon rammed to the ground by brett's shoulder.

the whistle blew and moonee sprinted over to the two while lifting her helmet up, "jeez, brett."

"what the hell did you do that for?" liam asked from the ground.

"because you're afraid. i can smell it on you from across the field." brett hissed.

"so you launch him to the ground?" moonee chuckled.

"best way to talk to him." brett told her, "are you hurt?"

"no."

"are you still alive?"

"obviously."

"then get up!"

liam got to his feet and the referee ran over to them.

"you good to play?" he questioned liam.

the boy nodded in response.

"you plan on pulling something like that again?" he turned to brett.

"only if i have to." brett smirked before stepping away.

liam scoffed and walked the other way, leaving moonee alone in the open area. she shrugged pulled her helmet back on. the girl glanced up at the moon, the light reflecting in her eyes.

moonee was usually able to control the effects of the full moon. but deep down inside her, she was worried for scott and kira. meaning she was unable to control her supernatural side.

the game continued and beacon hills were losing, badly. however, moonee had managed to get the ball. she stood in disbelief as the heavy ball sat in her net.

"mccall, go!"

"moonee, run!"

the girl looked up to see two davenport prep players running in her direction. she decided to take a risk and run towards them.

"no, no, no!"

"go another way!"

"pass the ball!"

ignoring all the yells at her, she charged towards the two boys. her eyes glowing grey as she ran over to them. the second her shoulders connected with theirs, she manipulated the air to throw them back. both players were brought off their feet, and their backs slammed the ground.

with a large smile on her face, moonee continued to run to the goal, dodging all the players coming her way. although they had no chance of winning, cheers erupted from the stands, calling moonee's name.

"moonee, moonee, moonee!"

"go mccall!"

moonee had never felt so much adrenaline as she ran, it was almost as if she was dreaming, nothing felt real. she launched the ball in the direction of the net, and it went in.

the game had ended, beacon hills had lost but moonee was radiating with happiness. she pulled her helmet off her head and threw her lacrosse stick to the ground.

she jumped around in joy, laughing loudly and dancing around. the moon glistened in her eyes as she moved around.

"mccall, we lost!" coach said to her.

liam shook his head with a slight smile, "coach, she knows."

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"what has gotten into you, mini mccall?" coach questioned, "in ten minutes you went from one of my useless players to one the best."

"coach, i scored a goal!" moonee squealed.

"congrats, mccall." coach nodded, "would've been helpful if you scored that goal earlier in the game, not in the last seconds."

"still counts."

"no." he shook his head, "it doesn't."

"not bad, moonee." brett spoke as he walked past her, "guess you don't need those lessons after all." he grinned as he made his way to one of the school's doors.

she smiled and made her way to the bleachers, looking around for her best friend.

"moonee." a voice spoke, making her turn around.

xan stood there with a smile, in her hands was a sign that said: "TEAM MOONEE" in yellow and a drawing of a crescent moon.

"hi, xan." moonee grinned, "did you see? i scroed a goal."

"yeah, i saw." xan chuckled, "very impressive."

"thanks." moonee smiled, "nice sign."

xan glanced down at her poster and couldn't help but smile, "yeah. made it to support you."

"i really appreciate that."

"so uh, would you like to get something to eat?" xan questioned, "to celebrate your goal."

moonee almost agreed to her offer, but frowned, "i'm sorry xan, i promised to help my brother out."

xan's face fell, "yeah, no. it's fine." she said while scratching her head, "don't even worry about it."

"maybe another time?"

"yeah... sure." xan mumbled.

"moon-moon!" a female voice yelled out, "we have to get going."

"sorry." moonee mouthed to xan before jogging off.

xan sighed, watching as moonee walked away with the junior brunette.

⎯ ❃ neens speaks!

hi guys!! thank you so much for 22k reads in less than a month?? i love writing this book and i love all of you guys supporting me too <33

apologies again for the slowish updates, i've been studying non-stop.

NOT EDITED

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86K 2.1K 29
Carmen McCall is many things & almost everyone has something to say about her. She's the younger McCall, only by a couple minutes. As alike as the M...
17.9K 587 13
β₯ π’‚π’‡π’“π’‚π’Šπ’… π’Šπ’• 𝒉𝒖𝒓𝒕𝒔 𝒃𝒖𝒕, π’Š π’˜π’π’'𝒕 π’‡π’Šπ’ˆπ’‰π’• π’šπ’π’– π’šπ’π’– π’”π’–π’„π’Œ, π’‚π’π’šπ’˜π’‚π’š teen wolf, s4-? liam dunbar x fem!oc Β©dunbarwp 20...
41.3K 1.2K 27
On the eve of their senior year, Meilani McCall and her friends find themselves facing the possibility of a future without one another, a next phase...
13.1K 507 7
❛ You had your heart on your sleeve the last time, Took it so seriously the last time ! ❜ samantha rojas, newly certified skeptic, thinks she's going...