The Original Taylor Daughter

By Ahsoka98

Hi, I'm Alice. Alice Taylor, not heard of me? Well, I'm not surprised but I'm the original daughter of Roger... More

Cast and Intro
A Rocky Start
Alice
Moment of Truth
Visiting
Uni Tour
A Stroke of Luck
Unplanned Christmas
Birthdays
Hiding
Phone Call
America
Tour Curse
Pets
School
Show and Tell
Different Sides of the Pond
Rockfield Farm
Bohemian Rhapsody
Diagnosis
Treatment Plan
So It Begins
Side Effects
Surgery
Back to School
Christmas Party
Free
The Press
Hyde Park
The Date
Beginning and Ending
New Home
Girl Bonding
Big Sister
New Style
The Good, Bad and Heartbreaking
High School
Feelings
School Party
Different Lives
True Style
Not You
Missing
Come Back
Live Aid
A Kind of Magic
List Complete
Grief
A/N
Growing Up
News
18th Birthday
The Future
Shocking News
Reactions: Part 1
Reactions: Part 2
Studio
Brit Awards
Family Time
Siblings
Wedding Day
Montreux
Baby Boom
Father's Day
Saying Goodbye
Letting Go
Grieving
Watching Over
New Book!!!

Moving On

801 27 11
By Ahsoka98

Hey guys, thank you so much for understanding and your kind words. I'm feeling a lot better but I still have a busy week ahead of me so, you have this update today then hopefully from Thursday, we should go back to normal but I'll confirm that on Thursday update.

January 1987

"Alice! We're home!" Roger calls through the house, Dominique behind him. They leave their suitcases by the door.

"Mum? Dad?" Alice races to the top of the stairs, happy to see them. She runs down the stairs hugging her dad then her mum, "How was the honeymoon? Am I getting another brother or sister yet?"

"No, Alice," Dominique scolds but Roger chuckles, "But it was a lovely week." Just ten days ago after ten years together, the pair got finally married. It was nothing big or fancy, just close friends and family.

"How was your week of freedom?" Roger asks, looking about for his other two children, "Where are Felix and Rory?" They've been away for the week in Greece leaving Alice in charge of the house and looking after her siblings, not that she minds.

"Rory is having a nap and Felix is at school, dad. It is Monday," She points out following them upstairs as they take their bags up to unpack.

------

Two weeks past and despite Roger and Dominique being married, life doesn't feel much different. However, Alice wasn't aware of the truth behind why Dominique and Roger got married.

"Alice, you got a minute?" Roger pops his head around her bedroom door, she is lay on her stomach on her bed reading a book.

"Sure," She stays on her stomach but closes her book. He sits on the end of her bed leaning against the frame.

"I have something to discuss with you but you must promise not to fly off the handle."

"You're not leaving Queen are you?"

"No," Roger smiles knowing she would never let him quit even if he wanted to, "Differently not. It's about the reason me and your mum got married, to make sure Felix and Rory are secure and have rights to all family affairs, as you do, should anything happen to me in the future."

Alice panics sitting up, "Are you ill? Please don't say you're ill."

Roger realises his worrying her, "No," He takes her hand, squeezing it, "I'm not ill, sorry I didn't mean to frighten you like that."

"Good. You might be embarrassing sometimes but you're still my dad, life would be crap without you, I couldn't stand to lose you."

"Thanks for that Ally," Her choice of words make him laugh, "But I'm not going anywhere, don't worry. The truth is, I've been seeing another woman, Alice."

"What?! Dad! Jesus, you've only been married three weeks." She pulls her hand out of his, "How could you? Does mum know?"

He knew this was coming, "Yes, she does."

"Who is she?"

"Her name is Debbie Leng, she was in one of The Cross music videos, that's how I met her."

"The Cadburys Flake girl?" Alice frowns knowing exactly who she is, "Dad, she's half your age."

"Excuse me, I'm 37."

"And she's 22!" She can't believe this is happening, Alice feels like the parent and child roles have switched, "That's 15 years difference and she's only 6 years older than me. The woman could be my sister."

"Alice, I like her and despite what you might think, Dominique and I don't love each other the way we used to. We still get on and we'll remind good friends and of course, there's Felix and Rory but they'll be moving permanently into the house in Kensington at the weekend."

Pushing away how she feels, she realises this has probably been going on without her noticing, "This has been happening for longer than three weeks, hasn't it?"

"Yes," He nods solemnly, he'd be lying if he said that their connection is completely gone because it's not. Dominique will remain a very close friend to him and as the mother of his children he'll always make sure she's protected and provided for but the love is gone, the pair have known it for a while too, "Dominique knew before we got married. We both agree to get married for Felix and Rory's sake."

"What about me?" She's used to having a family around, having a mum, dad and siblings. Her life feels normal.

He's taken back by that question, "Well, I'm hoping you're not going anywhere. This your home but if you want to go with Dominique I'm sure we can sort something out," He be gutted if this meant her leaving to but he'd understand, Alice and Dominique have a close mother and daughter bond.

"No, I... I didn't mean that" Alice couldn't stand the thought of living without her dad, but Dominique is her mum and she's doesn't want that to change, "I just meant will Dominique still be my mum?"

"If you want her to be, I don't think she'll object to that."

"You realise it will never call this new woman mum and it could take me a while to warm to her?"

"Of course I understand that, it's me dating, her not you. And I'd never expect you to call her mum, I just don't want you to be mad at me, I hate it when we're on the wrong page."

"Oh, I am mad at you dad. Please don't think that I'm not, I've always seen you and mum as the perfect couple, you suit each other so well but if you don't love her then I don't want you two to become unhappy because of it."

"Then thank you for understanding at least. Now I have another question for you, it's about your future."

Alice is happy about the change in subject, "What about it?"

"Well, as you know Queen isn't going on tour this year, what are your plans?"

"I thought we had this conversation? I'm going on the Glass Spider Tour with David Bowie from the 17th of March through to the 28th of November."

"I don't remember that conversation," He frowns wrecking his memory for any hint of that conversation, "Was I awake when we had this conversation?"

"Yes," Alice laughs, "Though you were in the studio downstairs."

"Oh, that explains it then." He rolls his eyes, "How many times have I told you don't have important conversations with me in the studio unless you are sure I'm paying attention? You'll be gone for 8 months, you sure your up to it?"

"I think so, this is the job I've always wanted to do so I just have to go for it." She's not entirely sure where her future is headed yet but she knows it involves photography and this is a good start.

------

The following weekend Dominique, Felix and Rory moved out of their Surrey home for Kensington.

Roger and Brian helped Dominique to move house while Alice babysat her siblings, she took them to the park so they're out of the way.

Alice pushes Rory on the baby swings while Felix ran about on the climbing frames, she feels sad being here with her siblings, them moving out means they probably won't come here much in the future.

When Rory had enough on the swing Alice goes to sit on the bench with her little sister on her lap, Felix joins them for a moment catching his breath, "Ally?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you think mummy and daddy will get back together?"

"Um..." She knows the answer to that, the look on his face is so full of hope but she doesn't want to give him false hope, "I don't think so, buddy."

His face falls, "Oh. But you'll still be my big sister, right?"

"Of course I will be," She pulls him into a hug, "You know I'm not coming with you though, don't you?"

"Yeah, I know," Felix would never admit it but he likes having an older sister.

"But if you need me, I'm only a phone call away, yeah? I'll come and visit often too and I'm sure you'll be back here all the time to see dad."

"I suppose."

"Now you need to do something for me. You need to look after Rory now, make sure mum doesn't get worn out okay?"

"Yep, I can do that. I'll be the best big brother ever, right Rory," He tickles Rory's tummy making her squeal and giggle.

It was the day after Alice's 17th birthday that she finally met her dad's new girlfriend and despite Alice wanting nothing more than to despise the woman, she couldn't.

Debbie was lovely, she made her dad very happy and she was easy to get on with. The two came to an understanding.

Another two weeks pass and Roger is dropping Alice at the airport with the Bowie tour crew, "You gonna be okay?" He asks her once Alice is in the waiting area.

"Yeah, your only a phone call away if I get homesick, right?" Up until is point Alice has been excited about going on this tour but now she feels nervous.

She's travelling the world without her dad for the first time, she honestly thought she'd be doing this with Molly by her side but it wasn't to be.

"To right," Roger's heart is telling him to wrap Alice in a hug and never let her go but his brain wins telling him that she needs to live her life without fear of him not being with her, "You make sure you ring though yeah? Time me what a fantastic time you're having."

"Oh, I'll make sure she rings you," David assures the drummer. Alice has been working with Bowie the past month taking photos for his album cover and like the other Queen band members, he's come to see Alice as a niece, maybe even a daughter.

He knows she is young and this is her first big trip from home so he's made it his responsibility to keep an eye on her throughout the tour, "Thanks mate," Roger shakes his hand.

Bowie leaves them alone once more and Roger pulls her into a hug resting his cheek on her head, "Please be careful."

Smiling Alice hugs him back just as tightly, burying her face on his shirt, "I will, I promise. We're back in London on the 18th of June so I'll see you then."

With the gate call, she squeezes him before letting go, "Love you, dad. Don't miss me too much," She grins turning away and catches up with David who lags behind waiting for her.

I couldn't resist bringing David Bowie into this story.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 3.5K 117
It's the beginning of the summer of 1977. Final exams are over and 18 year old Monica Brannigan and her best friend Paula leave their troubled home c...
358K 8.8K 105
Roger Taylor ~ <3 #1 in #BohemianRhapsody 10/1/19 Xx #1 in #RogerTaylor 12/1/19 Xx #1 in #Queen 20/1/19 Xx Several updates every day, so please read...
2.4K 119 12
Brian and Roger meet at the beach, and then a bunch of stuff happens. A bunch of weird stuff. Contains memes, memes and more memes. Surprisingly, it'...