𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖑𝖉𝖊𝖆'𝖘 𝖀𝖑𝖙𝖎𝖒�...

By worshipmezashu

This is the story of an immortal mage, created from the holy grail, facing the end of humanity. Tasked with f... More

Two: Caster
Three: Different
Four: Essence
Five: France
Six: Group
Seven: Humane
Eight: Cu Chulainn
Nine: Enkidu
Ten: Squabbling
Eleven: One-Liners
Twelve: Marie
Thirteen: Tedious
Fourteen: Mana
Fifteen: Russian
Sixteen: One Done
Seventeen: Hero Complex
Eighteen: Briefing
Nineteen: Historical Inaccuracies
Twenty: My
Twenty One: Delicious
Twenty Two: Cooperation

One: Chaldea

5.4K 73 41
By worshipmezashu

The cold was never one of Aleksei's favorite environments, which was why he had been living near the equator. However, that peaceful life had ceased when he'd received a letter, summoning him to Chaldea.

At first, he had discarded it as something he didn't deem worthy of his time. Then, after having a vision of the future in his sleep, Aleksei decided that it would be in everyone's best interest for him to go, however boring it might seem at first.

So there he was, looking out the window as he stood inside of the building known as Chaldea.

The letter had told him that he was there to become a master to maintain humanity's future. A master, huh? He thought to himself as he shoved his hands in his pockets. I'm sure it's happy about that, me becoming an offical master anyway.

But no matter, Aleksei shook his head, taking a step to make his way to the command room where he'd be needed in the next few minutes. Pausing as he saw a figure on the ground, the dark haired male raised an eyebrow. He could tell from a glance that the person was still alive, and there wasn't any blood so he doubted it was anything serious.

Going up to the person, he crouched down just to make sure. Heart was still beating, breathing was normal. Sighing, Aleksei did the first thing that he could think of and kicked him.

"Ak!" The person rolled over several times from the force--damn, and I was holding back too--and looked up at him.

"Don't sleep in the hallways. You have a room and a bed for that," Aleksei told him, maintaining eye contact the entire time. Once he finished speaking, he spun and walked away.

"What's his deal..?" He heard from behind him. Aleksei put it out of his mind as he heard echoed snickering. Arriving in the Command room, he strode towards an empty seat and claimed it. Soon, everyone was there, including the hall gremlin. As one of the administrators came in, Aleksei's eyes narrowed. That's a lot of hostility.

"Welcome to Special Organization, Chaldea. I'm the director, Olga Marie Animusphere. You have been selected or discovered from each Nation for your rare--"

She was cut off as the sleeping hall gremlin decided it was time for another nap and was then proceeded to get kicked out. Idiot, Aleksei rolled his eyes and crossed his arms.

Orientation went on until suddenly, there was an explosion. Immediately, Aleksei's passive skill--Invincibilty--activated, creating a shield around him to prevent him from being crushed or being hurt by the flames. "How unoriginal," He tsked, glancing around at the bodies. "It seems you accomplished your goal to the most part, Lev."

"Emergency. Emergency. A fire has broken out in the Central power station and the central Command room. Central Area's containment wall will activate in 90 seconds. All staff must evacuate from Gate 2 at once. Repeat--"

"Annoying," Aleksei grumbled. Shaking the rubble off of the barrier, he began moving to see if he could find any survivors. A girl he'd seen in passing during orientation was crushed under a huge pile of debris, but she seemed to be alive enough for him to be able to save her.

Jumping over to her and minding his footing while doing so, he knelt down in front of her as she gasped. "Don't worry, you'll be okay. Can you bite onto this for me?" Aleksei requested, taking a handkerchief out of his pocket.

"Uh-- yes," She agreed, doing so. Instantly, he kicked the rubble off of her.

"You're doing great, hang in there and keep your eyes open," He instructed. "May I hold your hand?" When she nodded, he did so. "Will you allow me to heal you?"

"Umph!" Her eyes widened, but she nodded frantically.

"Alright," His hand that was grasping hers started glowing, and soon all external injuries had disappeared. "Well done, you did great. You can spit the handkerchief out now."

"Pah!" She did so, and before she could speak, Aleksei helped her to stand. "T-thank you very much!"

"It's nothing," His gaze was suddenly towards the entrance of the room, where the sleeping hall gremlin and an administration member had just come through. "Idiots."

"Generator operation stopped. Power level critical. Switch to the back up generator, error. Please make switch manually. Containment wall will close in 40 seconds. Those in Central area, evacuate immediately--"

"Mash!" The sleeping hall gremlin yelled as he frantically made his way to them.

"Senpai?!" Mash, apparently, exclaimed. "Why are you here?! You should be evacuating!"

"Not without you!" He shouted passionately.

Wow, going after a crush instead of trying to survive, the idiocy of love.

"System switching to the final phase of Rayshift. Coordinates, AD 2004, January 30th, Fuyuki, Japan. Laplace's shifting protection established. Singularity's additional factor slot secured. Unsummon program set. Please start final adjustments."

"I don't think now's the time for this," Aleksei spoke up as another series of automated words were voiced.

"Now rewriting Shiva's near future prediction data. Unable to detect the existence of mankind 100 years in the near future on Earth. Unable to confirm human survivors. Unable to guarantee mankind's future."

"Chaldeas.. Has turned bright red.. No, never mind that--" Mash broke off.

"Central Area, sealed. 180 seconds until internal containment procedure."

"They.. Shut off the area.. We can't get out.."

"All because of mister hero complex," Alexsei shot a glare at sleeping hallway gremlin, who glared right back.

"How could I leave a friend behind to be burned alive?!"

"This is exactly why humanity is fucked," He stepped forward, using his height to its full advantage against the other master candidate. "Because of people like you who only think about helping others rather than surviving to fight another day."

"What'd you say-"

"Stop it you two!" Mash yelled, glaring between them. Aleksei clicked his tongue.

"Coffin vitals: Masters. Baseline not reached. Rayshift requirement not met. Searching for qualifying master.. Two found.. Candidate Number One, Aleksei Vasiliev; Candidate Number forty eight, Ritsuka Fujimaru.. Reset as Masters. Unsummon program, start. Spiritron conversion, start."

"Get ready," Aleksei braced himself as the two in front of him looked slightly confused, the male looking more annoyed than anything else.

"For what?"

"Have you not been listening?" Alexsei demanded, "or is your head so full of dirty thoughts about Mash that you can't hear properly?"

"What are you-"

"Rayshift starting in 3, 2, 1. All procedures clear. First order, commencing operation," The automated voice faded out as the three were rayshifted to wherever it was that the system had been programmed to take them to.

"You good?" Aleksei asked Mash as he saw that she was also conscious.

"Yes, and you?" She questioned, to which he just nodded.

"Mash, are you also a master? Because I don't feel a servant connection with you," He told her. She paused for a second, then shook her head.

"No, I am a demi servant. I must have been connected with Senpai.." She looked around until her eyes laid on said person's body, heaped on the ground with a bunny like thing on his face. "Ah, Senpai, please wake up, senpai..." She called, kneeking next to him as Aleksei surveyed the area to make sure it was safe for the two love birds.

"Gross," He kicked an undead away from himself, tutting at how many he could see/sense. Luckily, that one kick was more than enough to kill it. "Good grief. Having my own servant would be great right about now.. oh wait," He moved his shirt up so that his chest was exposed. "Riders, I order you both with two command seals to come to me."

Suddenly, there was a bright light, which caught the attention of the two love birds. "Hey! Are you okay?!" Sleeping hall gremlin shouted as he and Mash ran over to where he was. "What the?!"

"Aleksei, you'll never believe it!" Iskandar was shaking him. "I don't know what happened but before I knew it, everything was gone! Everyone! It was crazy!"

"Calm down, we're fine. We're currently working on getting things back to the way they were," He looked anything but amused as the servant continued to shake him. Medusa stood to the side, sighing at the other rider class.

"What's this?!" Fujimaru demanded, looking between the three with an astounded look on his face.

"Glad to see you're up," Aleksei glanced his way, breaking free of the conquerer's grip, "Though you're a bit late to the party."

"Who are these people?" Mash's eyes were wide at the corpses around Aleksei's form. "Did you do this?"

"They're all low level, so I'll let you get some training in but I'll step in if you're close to getting killed," He explained. "These guys are my servants that I rescued from previous grail wars."

"Huh?"

"Don't overthink," Medusa commented as she saw the two love birds trying to process what he'd just revealed. "It's complicated."

"Oh, er, okay!"

"Hold on," The sleeping hall gremlin stepped up, "Why should she have to fight when you can-"

"I'm a master, she's a servant," Aleksei replied coolly. "She's built to fight, and my magic is more than enough to heal her in any scenario, so shut up Hero Complex."

"My name isn't hero complex!" He said angrily, "it's Ritsuka Fujimaru!"

"Well then, Fujimaru, we should do something about the incoming enemies," Aleksei gave him a pointed look. "Since you seem to want to be the driving force around here, have at it."

"Fine," He agreed, glancing at Mash. The dispatching of enemies went smoothly, and soon a connection was made.

"Right, I finally got through! Hello? This is Chaldea Command Room, do you read me?"

"Loud and clear," Aleksei responded, "This is Aleksei Vasiliev, I have with me Mash and Ritsuka Fujimaru along with two of my own servants. What is the situation?"

"Aleksei Vas--Wait, first off, are you all alright?" He asked, so Aleksei gave him a run down of the situation along with Mash. "I see, got it. Also, I'm sorry. Forcing you three, er, five into this without an explanation.. I'm sure you're full of questions but try not to worry. You've already got a powerful weapon. Humanity's most powerful weapon: Mash."

"I don't know about Most Powerful.. I'm the one who gets blamed later," Mash mumbled.

"Come on, we should get to safer ground," Aleksei advised, deciding not to comment further on the topic of Mash. "There are a lot of enemies around here and we don't have time to deal with them all. We need to use our resources wisely and sparingly so that we can win this battle of attrition."

"Yes, I agree with Vasiliev," The person on the com said. "I'm getting a strong leyline reading about 2km away from where you are, so you should head there," He advised, so with little argument or hesitation, the five started moving.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

94.8K 2K 35
He had won his Holy Grail War and destroyed the Holy Grail. He thought he would return to his normal life, but fate had planned something else for hi...
3.6K 132 29
Many years after the 5th Holy Grail War have passed and a new generation of Mages are born, but not like you think. From multiple powerful families...
68.1K 320 6
He was about to destroy the corrupted grail like his father once did before him, however he is hit by an attack, the now evil grail falls to the hand...
37.6K 979 8
A singularity has appeared in a familiar place. Fuyuki city 1994. Y/n has to face old demons and a very old evil. How will Y/n face up to the evils...