Lifeless / error sequal

By khxlix_03

'Is love supposed to cause so much pain ?' 'It only ever caused me pain.' • River West was her first love. An... More

Characters
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20

14

922 23 20
By khxlix_03

c h a p t e r 1 4 :
h u n t e r

'Where is Jaz?' Sid asked suprised, when I sat down besides her. I stay silent, not really knowing what to say.

'Getting what he deserves' another voice spoke.

Everyone in our little circle all of a sudden went quiet and I realised Hayden was standing behind me. Besides him was Jaz, who looked like he had cleaned up most of the blood. He quietly sat down, not saying a word and ignoring my glare. Everyone seemed to realise who made him look like that but no one said a thing.

Alyssa looked at me with burning curiosity, I would have to do a lot of explaining.

Sid laughs a little.

'Are you joining us Dee?' she asked while Hayden sits down besides her, only Sid sat between us. I was very well aware of how close he sat to me. I wondered how close they were, if Sid had a nickname for him. He didn't look like the guy who has a lot friends.

'Only for you' he spoke in a low tone, looking at Sid. I looked away, focusing on Alyssa who turned the bottle once again. It landed on Hayden.

She looked a little uncomfortable, as if Hayden's presence was unusual. Which everyone in the circle seemed to notice. It looked like no one really knew him personally, only Sid.

'Truth or dare, Hayden ?'

'Truth.'

Alyssa smirks.

'Who do you think is the most attractive person here ?'

I mentally slapped her.

Hayden seemed to enjoy this, he smirked. Slowly but steady, his eyes found mine, and for a moment I looked at him, a little too long. He didn't look at anyone else, just me and for a moment, just for a tiny little moment I thought he would say my name.

'Easy, you and Sid.'

Alyssa blushed. Sid slapped his arm. I tried looking at anything but his eyes.

It was stupid to think someone like him would think I am more attractive then Alyssa or Sid. That was stupid really.

Why would he like my appearance,
I don't even like myself.

Hayden turned the bottle this time and unfortunately it landed on me. He looked up at me, amusement playing in his eyes. I swallow slowly.

'Truth or dare ?'

I wouldn't make the same mistake again.

'Truth.'

'Why are you at greenpeace, angel ?'

Sid glared at Hayden, she knew he went too far with that question. No one liked telling the reason why they're in a mentall hospital.

But Hayden was enjoying this. I looked down for a second, begging myself not to cry in front of him.

I wouldn't. I can't.

It had been so long now. As much as I hate to admit it, I had gotten used to my life without him. Yes, I still cried everynight and I still couldn't forget him but it was a daily habit now. I no longer thought of him alive, I no longer thought he was at his place, or at school. I had accepted the fact that he was gone forever.

And now, I had to be strong, be worse yet better then anyone who looks down at me. Hayden liked games it seemed, so I will play.

'My boyfriend, River passed away almost eight months ago' I say, my voice trembling 'my dad thought it would be best to send me here.'

I couldn't speak anymore. More words stuck in my throat. I hated talking about this, about him. It was something I could never completely share with someone. A relationship I held onto dearly. A relationship I lost.

'I'm so sorry' I felt a hand around my shoulders, Sid looking at me with sadness in her eyes 'I heard about his death, he was my friend.'

I look up at her.

'You knew River ?' I almost immediately asked. Sid looked at Hayden, who kept observing me. She turned her head back.

'Yeah, he came to visit Sophia a lot, and she was my friend so we kind of all became friends' for a second she stops talking, as if thinking about something 'you know, he came to these parties as well.'

My eyes glow, tears already building up. I look around the place, tree's everywhere, music still loud and people laughing. He was here. He had once laughed and drank with them.

I smiled at that. Even here, he was with me. A different memory, but the same experience.

'You kind of look like her you know' Sid says after a short silence, staring at the fire 'sophia.'

'Really ?'

'You have the same lips.'

Sid slaps Hayden again, I look away, ignoring his comment. This man says anything he wants, and did anything he desired with absolutely no feeling of guilt at all.

'Angel' Alyssa quikly spoke changing the subject 'it's your turn to turn the bottle.'

I do, it lands on Jeff.

He smiles a little 'dare.'

I can already feel Alyssa's eyes burning into my cheeck before I even spoke. I knew what she wanted me to say. I smile a little.

'I dare you to spend 7 minutes in heaven with Alyssa' before I even finished the sentence, they both got up almost running towards the woods. I shake my head a little, while laughing.

Jaz has left our group as well, already leaving to talk to a group of girls. They worriedly ask him what happened to his face, earning even more attention from the girls.

'Hey can you help me with the drinks ?' Sid asks while standing up, I stand up with her refusing to sit next to Hayden who is currently talking to Owen about something.

'Yeah' we both walk to a small wooden table, bearly standing straight. It's filled with bottles of all different types of liquir. Sid grabs a a few red cups, and a small shots cups. She looks up at me smiling. Then she grabs a bottle of vodka and red bull with her, walking back to where Hayden and Owen were sitting.

Evy joins us as well, sitting down besides me. Her face covered in sweat from all the dancing.

'What are you guys doing ?' she asks looking down to the floor curiously. Sid places the small shots cups besides eachother, filling it with the vodka and the bigger cups she fills with red bull.

'You can't call this a party without playing 'never have I ever' right ?'

Evy laughed.

By now Jaz has joined us again, sitting down besides owen. As far away from Hayden as possible. No sight of Alyssa and Jeff. I sit in my previous position, Sid on my left and Evy on my right.

I lean in parting my lips to speak.

'I'm just going to watch' I announce making everyone look towards me.

'No! You have to play with us' Evy says. Sid agrees with her.

'I don't drink, sorry.'

It was a long story. A story I didn't feel the need to explain.

'Why not ?' Owen asks, I'm about to answer before someone cuts me off.

'She's a good girl' Hayden says under his tone, looking up from his cup right into my eyes.

for god sake, shut up

'You don't have to play if you don't want to' Sid says finally 'watch us all get drunk as fuck.'

I smiled.

'Okay I begin' Evy says holding the two cups in her hand, she seemed already drunk 'never have I ever, snuck out of greenpeace.'

That was an obvious one, everyone drank. I watched Hayden as he immediately moved the shot to his lips, gulping it down in a second as if it was water that he was drinking. He didn't touch the cup filled with red bull.

I looked away from him.

'never have I ever' Sid spoke 'set something on fire.'

Only one person drank. I observed him, as he calmly filled himself anoter shot of vodka. Hayden looked at me for split second, tilting his back he gulped down the second shot. His eyes glued to mine.

'never have I ever' he said, his voice low 'loved someone.'

Hayden drank, and if I had cup I would've as well.

Jaz seemed to have forgotten about what had happened only an hour ago, he enjoyed himself, a smirk plastered on his face. His light brown hair fell over his eyes when he spoke.

'Never have I ever ate a girl out.'

'You're a pig' Sid said while lowering the cup to her lips. Evy and Owen didn't drink.

Hayden slowly filled himself another shot. I looked away from him. Of course, he had done things with girls. One look at him already confirms that.

It was Owen's turn again when Alyssa and Jeff appeared from behind a tree, both breathing heavy and eyes glowing. I didn't say a thing but I felt her grateful eyes on me.

'7 minutes already passed ?' jeff asks amusingly. Sid laughed.

yeah like 70 passed

'We should probably go back' Alyssa said after a few rounds of never have I ever 'it's almost five o'clock.'

I didn't realise how much time had passed. I was enjoying this, as strangly as it sounds for me.

Most of them nodd slowly getting up, Jaz and Owen bearly standinf because of all the alcohol in their system, walk up to a bigger group of people. Some have already left, some are just leaving, the party is almost completely over. I stood up as well realising I didn't have my phone with me. I looked in the pockets of my skirt, empty. My phone should be here somewhere, I remember taking it with me.

If it's not here...

jaz!

It probably fell out of my pocket when Jaz dragged me deeper into the woods. I stood straight, heading back behind the other tree's. It should be somewhere here. I still heard the voices behind me, the music had already stopped. Someone said something about leaving the box here. I kept walking untill I recognised the place where Jaz forced me to kiss him.

Even though I would never admit it, part of me was thanful that Hayden was there, because I would hate to feel those bastards lips against mine.

I only had ever kissed one person before, and I wanted it to stay like that.

'find love again'

Would I ever ?

The idea of falling in love with somebody other then River scared me for such a long time now. I wondered if later, when I was older and better, would I be able to fall in love ?

Would that love be stronger then River's?

I highly doubt the fact that I ever find someone like that. After all, love only caused me pain really.

I found the small thing laying on the ground between the leaves. I quickly grab my phone, putting it in my back pocket. I follow the light coming from the camp fire to lead me back to where I came from.

Only now did I realise, it was quiet. I stood besides the campfire, no more fire only huge pieces of wood laying around. The small wooden table had somehow fallen over, and red cups were laying everywhere on the ground. Most of the bottles were placed under the table.

But most of all, no one was here. Everyone had already left. I cursed at myself for not telling Evy or Alyssa to wait for me. I thought I would grab my phone quickly before they leave.

In the distant I hear a few voices coming from different people, I quickly follow the sound. But after some time, I can no longer hear a thing. My phone has no signal and I can't look at my map nor call anyone.

My mind was blur, I bearly remember where we had come from. Alyssa and Evy were leading the way and I had just followed them.

perfect!

You're lost in the woods, in the middle of the night, good job.

Luckily it wasn't that dark anymore, still dark but at least I could make out the tree's standing in front of me. Slowly it was getting lighter and lighter outside. I walked straight a head, hoping I would find the sound of steps again.

I walked for a few minutes, unsure where I'm head until I heard something behind me. Without another thought I turned around, breathing heavy.

A pair of green eyes found mine, and my fear quickly disappeared. I placed a hand on my chest.

'you scared me.'

'you're going in the wrong direction' he said, tilting his head a little. I took a step towards him, he eyed me amusingly.

Hayden was handsome. There was no denying that. He wore a black hoodie, his hair disappearing underneath a beanie with the cap of his hoodie over it and black baggy pants. Those looked really good on him, I hate to admit.

I walked behind him, he didn't seem to mind, his back turned to me. After a few seconds of silence, I finally decided to ask him the question that was burning me from the inside.

'Did you know River ?'

I watched him as he turned around, waiting for me to walk up to him so that we walked besides eachother.

Hayden stays quiet for some time. I watch him from the corner of my eye.

'We were friends for some time' he finally said 'but became enemies eventually.'

'Why ?' I almost whispered, he still heard. He turns his head towards me, a smile creeping up his face.

'I'm not going to tell you, angel' my name rolled of his tongue smoothly.

'He never told me about that' I say rather to myself 'never talked about greenpeace.'

'He had his reasons'

By the time we arrived at the end of the woods, it was already light outside. It was dead silent and I wondered how long we have been walking. Hayden seemed to be calm, too calm even.

He refused to answer my questions, and I didn't ask any more. We walked in silence. Somehow it was calming, the only sound being our footsteps making their way through the woods.

There we stood, in front of the huge metallic door. Hayden quietly opened the door, waiting for me to enter first. I am greeted by a conforting warmth. By the time we had walked all the way back to greenpeace, I bearly felt my legs because of the cold. Entering a warm building felt good.

Hayden closed the door behind me, and I felt his body almost pressing into mine. His fingers slowly brush against my ear, moving a few strands of hair. Suddenly my body is on fire. I still feel sparks from where he had touched my ear.

I freeze in my spot when I feel his hot breath against my cheeck.

'Go left and then the first door on your right' he smirks a little 'and please don't get lost again.'

I turn around when I hear the door behind me open again.

'You're leaving ?' I manage to make out.

'Oh my fun isn't over yet.'

With that followed a hard metallic sound, I was left alone in the small hallway. I did as Hayden instructed, behind the door I found stairs. After what felt like forever, I finally made my way up to the tenth floor.

My legs were nonexistent. I could bearly walk towards my door.

Luckily, I managed to stay quiet. All the personal would arrive in two hours or so, the rest was still sleeping.

The door opened and closed. Shoes were taken off and I almost moaned when my body fell onto the soft bedsheets.

I drifted off to sleep almost immediately.

The last thing roaming my thoughts were a pair of green eyes....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 289 32
Aria had a simple life, she had her friends, her brother, and her parents. At the time she thought life couldn't get any better; minus the guy she wa...
198K 5.6K 61
"I need you to be the put together one because I'm so fucked up. You've saved me." He whispers. "Carter, we saved each other." I mutter looking at hi...
1.1K 88 52
Shock. Once the shock wore off, I was confused. Then angry. You made me so angry because I felt betrayed by your choice. Your choice to leave me...
446 63 12
-Let's get this straight. From a dead end job to a useless crazy ex boyfriend- my happiness is with my best friend yet the fear of our relationship e...